How can we keep using technology without causing everyone's death due to global heating?

How can we keep using technology without causing everyone's death due to global heating?

Attached: 1557767110720.jpg (1600x1064, 319K)

Maybe, but mostly locally (no mega data centers, aws, etc.) and reusing old laptops and phones. Not buying one every 2 years.

It's too late we're doomed.

Attached: Screenshot_2019-05-16_16-11-34.png (643x203, 34K)

>the world is doomed because the average temperature increased by a few degrees
topkek

Regeneratively powered carbon scrubbing or something. We'll figure something out as soon as it's cheaper to fix shit than to keep ruining it. Humanity gets itself into a lot of shit, but if there's one thing we're good at it's figuring something out.

Attached: 1536674993905.png (750x807, 739K)

>lmao how is climate change even real just set your AC

>We'll figure something out as soon as it's cheaper to fix shit than to keep ruining it.
Hahahahaa, that will never happen.

Is this bait

Geosynchronous, offworld datacenters and supercomputers with hardlined proto space elevators. But we have to start preparing people today for AstroIT because the Chinese are already on it.

We can't.
America will burn up every last lump of coal and every last drop of oil regardless of what the rest of the world does.

Might as well enjoy life as much as we can until we're all dead.

There are many thing we can do. The big problem to solve is telling businesses to follow. The problem really isn't finding a solution, it's simply just acting.

Here's hoping WWIII will set things straight by reducing the population to a economically sustainable size without reducing the environment to a nuclear wasteland. Tailored bioweapons should do the trick.

Attached: 1556585360158.jpg (1080x1051, 72K)

I'm not denying climate change but the world is far from doomed

It already happens, senpai. Ice caps are melting, catastrophes everywhere. The only reason why the world isn't in hell yet is because the oceans are still storing all the heat, but this won't last forever. At some point either the oceans will roll over and drone us, rain will drown us, we'll die of due to other catastrophes or simply have nothing to breath left.
When you just start when the oceans say fuck you, it's too late, do better act now.

Wash your dick

>climatic change
Who came up with this description? It sounds like "tomorrow it's s bit cloudy, nothing to worry about".

>simply have nothing to breath left
Even if all oxygen-producing organisms disappeared tonight, it would take literal centuries for the oxygen levels to become hazardous for Humans.
So yeah, not my problem

climate != weather

>one out of thousand catastrophes won't hit me, so i'm fine

Stop buying Intel

Kill everyone burning coal bundles for heat in India and China. There, that's a hundred year bandaid til we can launch a giant pair of sunglasses into orbit.

Yeah the problem is that if CO2 concentrations become high enough, then regardless of oxygen concentration everyone who can't afford a gas mask will literally become retarded (pic related).
>pre-industrial levels of CO2: 280ppm
>now: 420ppm

Attached: Screenshot_20190517_005034.png (1009x205, 41K)

Do you also worry about the eventual death of the Universe?

I don't, it's too abstract. But my grandkids potentially suffering from global warming? It feels real enough.