Why I should use C++ when I can write C or C with classes (C++ 98)?

Why I should use C++ when I can write C or C with classes (C++ 98)?

Attached: 1555690037322.jpg (380x380, 50K)

nobody cares what you do in your free time stop shitting up this board.
later bitch!

If you want classes, use C++. It's more modern, actively developed, and has a larger community.

Why should you use C or C with classes when you can write C++?

What about Orthodox C++?

Because with C you usually end up reimplementing most of the "bloat" in C++. Even prominent Sepples haters such as Suckless do that.
That said, both are Bell Labs garbage amd shouldn't be used.

Because you should write in Rust

Trash made by idiots.

You know I just started a project with a friend and ome of the tasks we're doing is rewriting one of the libraries to be in C++ instead of Rust. Until tonight, I had never actually READ Rust code and hot damn.

This language is fucking horrible. Who the fuck designed this garbage?

>Var: *const *const as libc::c_char
VS
>char **var

>(||$var)()
This is fucking unreadable garbage.

>No actual return statement, just drop an lvalue at the end of the function
Also lets talk about the function declaration syntax
>pub extern "C" fn function(arg: *const clib::c_int) -> clib::c_int{...}
VS
>int function(int *arg){...}

Like good fucking god, this has to be one of the most uselessly verbose languages of all fucking time.

Attached: 85e.jpg (680x490, 83K)

Also the let keyword. God this whole fucking thing has to be a zoomer joke, right? This isn't actually a serious language that people take seriously... right??

Noire, you need to just learn fucking Access and stop storing people's passwords in plantext.

Let has existed in real languages for decades, long before C came.

Yes

Modern C++ > C > C++98

Both the implicit return and declaration thing make a ton of sense, bro. Blocks implicitly evaluating to expressions makes sense because the whole language is expression oriented, other constructs like if and match behave the same way.
As for function declarations, fn() -> fn() -> () is way cleaner than void(*(*)(void))(void)

All the other shit is accurate and valid. Making mutability a pain in the ass helps nobody.

I like using C and Rust with Python because its easy and a low-level language combined with a scripting one like Python is the best thing ever, hovewer i prefer C++ but god fucking damn importing C++ code into Python is fucking suicide worhty, shame

Attached: 1542664656214.png (450x489, 74K)

>Both the implicit return and declaration thing make a ton of sense, bro. Blocks implicitly evaluating to expressions makes sense because the whole language is expression oriented, other constructs like if and match behave the same way.
Uhm, it almost seems like some other language came up with this decades ago... what was it?
Why have people been reinventing the wheel for 50 years?

Attached: DmQxyqRXoAE9qh1.jpg (1200x902, 155K)

C sent us all back decades. ML and Lisp were robbed. Systems programming languages should have followed in their footsteps instead. And no Rust is not that language.

every time I see -> in code I vomit

What do you even program in?

Get raped and kill yourself, you retarded fucking faggot sac of nigger shit with down syndrome.

everything as an expression has drawbacks and benefits, its not a clear win or an evolution of programming languages

Scratch

yikes

What drawbacks are those?

Can't remember off the top of my head, back when I was designing a programming language and researching the semantics of both because I thought everything should just but expression based because why the fuck not, but the benefits of statements convinced me not to

Checked.