So now that Intel has fucked up yet again...

So now that Intel has fucked up yet again, when do you think Apple are going to switch to a different source of processor?

Could go two ways, really, they could go full in-house with their arm CPUs (which to their credit, are pretty god damn good) or an AMD setup, which would make APUs more viable for lower end machines like the 21" iMac.

Kind of surprised they didn't drop Intel after Spectre.

Attached: SLHCIPM4LRoKLevx.large.jpg (800x600, 33K)

Unironically, apple is happy with this intel shit, because it'll force people to update to new macs to get the speed back.

Maybe? But they still need a product to sell in its place, no?

Just sell the same expensive macs but now with new intel processors with the bugs fixed, it's a perfect circle to force itards to update.
Like intel, apple is a greed company, and with Jobs departure it got worse.

>Implying mactoddlers even know what processor their memebook uses

Back to your containment board manchild.

Attached: 1528511479300.png (400x1650, 367K)

Seething poorfag

iFags BTFO!

Attached: mvh.png (350x458, 71K)

Macs are generally used by backend developers.

ouuf

>really, they could go full in-house with their arm CPUs
they just can't. the performance of current intel macs is shit, if they go to ARM it'll be even worse but with longer battery life. and since apple have invested many years into x86 software development for mac os, there's no fast way of emulating the intel instruction sets with ARM without suffering from massive performance penalties. apple are fucked either way. they should focus on making their intel based machines less fucking crippled compared to the competition.

>Macs are generally used by backend developers.
imagine compulsive lying this hard in defence of a shit-tier company? amazing.

t. Gamer whose experience amounts to putting componenta together and playing with toys

They dropped PPC once upon a time, it's not unthinkable. Kind of surprised they didn't move over to AMD, I bet they could get a better deal cut with them.

I'm very out of touch on current processors. My main machine has a FX-6300. How is AMDs laptop processors? Is the APU still outperforming intels integrated graphics? The AMD APU would be fantastic in the 13".

Attached: 20190515_231108.jpg (4032x2268, 2.34M)

Apple's got two major architecture changes under their belt, both being swift transitions. I'm pretty sure they could handle a third.

Stop larping, please

Seething poorfag

>Implying mactoddlers even know what processor their memebook uses

Unironically, apple is happy with this intel shit, because it'll force people to update to new macs to get the speed back.

t. Gamer whose experience amounts to putting componenta together and playing with toys

iFags BTFO!

>Unironically, apple is happy with this intel shit, because it'll force people to update to new macs to get the speed back.
Yeah, you said that already. I'm not saying they will do it, I'm saying they easily could.

I'm very out of touch on current processors. My main machine has a FX-6300. How is AMDs laptop processors? Is the APU still outperforming intels integrated graphics? The AMD APU would be fantastic in the 13".

Seething poorfag

Stop larping, please

Just sell the same expensive macs but now with new intel processors with the bugs fixed, it's a perfect circle to force itards to update.
Like intel, apple is a greed company, and with Jobs departure it got worse.

I think winjeet's brain is fried.

He's been doing this in the last few PowerPC threads, he takes random posts from earlier in the thread and replies to new posts with them

He got BTFO too many times. The guy doesn't even know what Unix is.

Stop larping, please

>Macs are generally used by backend developers.
imagine compulsive lying this hard in defence of a shit-tier company? amazing.

iFags BTFO!

Maybe? But they still need a product to sell in its place, no?

He got BTFO too many times. The guy doesn't even know what Unix is.

Macs are generally used by backend developers.

>really, they could go full in-house with their arm CPUs
they just can't. the performance of current intel macs is shit, if they go to ARM it'll be even worse but with longer battery life. and since apple have invested many years into x86 software development for mac os, there's no fast way of emulating the intel instruction sets with ARM without suffering from massive performance penalties. apple are fucked either way. they should focus on making their intel based machines less fucking crippled compared to the competition.