Dumpster Dive - Montreal Computer Trove

Well, it's time I start revealing some of my spots. I'm tired of hauling home computers and screens and all else related.

Pic related is a map of where, in Montreal, a company (formerly named Atelka) has been regularly dumping computers and peripherals for about a whole year now. Some are broken, but most work. This is an open air loading dock, you can walk in and out as you please. I pass by 2-3 times a weeks, and I must have seen at least 120 LCD screens altogether (that's just what I've personally seen). One time there were about 50 dumped there all at once, some nice ones too like the Acer LED B196WL. Of the screens, about 85% were usable, 75% good condition.

Computers range from Intel H61 Express chipset (DDR3, USB 3.0) to some older core 2s. HP, Acer, Lenovo. Many work, many have memory and hard drives still inside, including 4GB 12800 DDR3 and 500GB HDDs. There were printers, SCSI equipment, you name it. The HDD's were not properly wiped, leaving traces of all sorts of company info. Lately they've started dumping Lenovo M72e ThinkCentres Type 0967.

I checked today about 3 hours ago, there were 5 LCD screens that have been sitting there since last week. If you decide to check it out, just note that a lot of homeless people sleep around there at night, in case that might bother you.

745 Rue de la Cathédrale
Montréal, QC

Attached: Computer-dump.jpg (1879x1960, 564K)

I should add, they aren't even in a dumpster, they're just sitting on the ground ready to grab.

doing gods work. amen brother. when i was young i had a few fregan buddies and we would dive all over Austin, TX. look up distribution plants and the like. really just get out and dive. the amount of WASTE that is DUMPED all over would astound you. good computer stuff, cool computer stuff. everything. fump.

holy fuck what, i feel like this smells of jump out and shank boys

>jump out and shank boys
I'm not sure what that means, but the claim is legit. Anyone passing by right now should find 5 LCDs at the spot.

What gets me is that this equipment, if "properly" recycled, would likely end up at those Ahmed/Pajeet shops where they would be sold at a high price with B.S. explanations and rude service for bonus.

behold the modern day herbivore. deballed by his own choice. if you're scared leave your money at home babe. i'm sure your next excuse is 'but my lefgality!!'
just dive baby divvvvvvve

long cutting devices? I don't want to get shanked in your trap alley

Then go during the day when the office building is active. Or take a friend.
It is a bit sketchy at night, with the bums around I have to admit.

Sometimes they build walls out of the monitors for privacy when they sleep. I thoroughly sanitize what I bring home, of course.

>canada
hahahahhahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahv

Attached: 1552462075025.jpg (618x435, 75K)

Um, sure.

Attached: Subwau_Adventures.jpg (1231x2154, 679K)

Post pics of salvaged kit

What kit? Who are you talking to?

I think he means the no-guns thing.

OMG! It's really true!

It's amazing you guys just throw out working hardware. In my third world country, everything is recycled.

when i was in montreal, there was a lot of homeless people almost LA tier, and basically discarded needles everywhere.
I would not for the life of me EVER dumpster dive in montreal, let alone any major canadian city.

The crap that OP has salvaged. Or anyone, for that matter

Since when was Jow Forums craigslist

What a fag. You have ruined it for everyone. Always keep these things secret. That is what governments are doing and you should too.

>Acer LED B196WL
>5 ms
>1440x900
>TN
>60 Hz
>250 cd/m
>core 2s
I can see why those were thrown out. The Ivybridge Thinkcentres are the only things you mentioned worth picking up.

nah man its better for the world that this stuff get used for a bit longer before it gets scrapped

OP is doing the world a favor. Thanks for spreading the word OP, hopefully you don't end up as a computer horder with all the pc's and monitors you already grabbed.