/spg/ - Smartphone General

RDJ shills it too edition

If requesting purchasing advice, please provide your country and what carrier you will be using it with, along with wanted features, budget and size.

Good Resources:
>Reviews, Specs, Comparisons
gsmarena.com
phonearena.com
kimovil.com

>Frequency Checker
kimovil.com/en/frequency-checker
frequencycheck.com
willmyphonework.net

>Chinkphone news
gizchina.com
gizmochina.com

>Visual Phone Size Comparison
phonearena.com/phones/size

>Recommended Chinkphones
pastebin.com/sQbs83pY

>Post a mini-review of your phone
>Discuss upcoming and current models
>Ask for help related to phones
>Tell us how much shekels you spent on good/bad phone

Previous thread

Attached: gsmarena_001 (1).jpg (799x1200, 144K)

Other urls found in this thread:

imgur.com/a/0AqiFE7
gsmarena.com/asus_zenfone_6_zs630kl-9698.php
youtube.com/watch?v=YoSYD_bO3q8
youtube.com/watch?v=z8AdxtkkQDo&t=480
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

J U S T

Attached: 1543177815840.png (961x295, 267K)

Is that a 3" sole?

Repeat from prev post

What phone do I need to get this smooth detailed shot?

imgur.com/a/0AqiFE7

can't upload full cause too big

Attached: doge.png (697x615, 758K)

Why do actors wear sneakers and sports shoes with a suit and trousers? Is it because they are paid to wear those brands? That's the only reason I can think of.

Pixel 3.
Oh wait I'm on Jow Forums, get the Mi 9 with gcam.

RDJ is an insecure manlet so he wears elevator shoes, and plays it off like he's being stylish

It's a photoshoot though
surely the stylist responsible would have gotten him something more formal? They make formal elevator shoes too.

no this is his 'thing'

Attached: 1527877035380.jpg (396x594, 48K)

LOL manlet scum

RDJ is probably in the top 5 most expensive celebrities in the West, how the fuck did chinkplus afford him?

He just got off the capeshit train, he's officially washed up now

still getting ~8 hours of SOT from my 3 year old iphone SE

gsmarena.com/asus_zenfone_6_zs630kl-9698.php
>no meme shit like amoled or wireless charging
>dedicated sd card slot, headphone jack and notification led
>5000 mah battery
>all for €500
it's perfect

I'm glad it's to your liking. In my country it's unavailable and I wouldn't pay that much for no OIS and no OLED anyway.

Convince me not to get an iPhone 8 Jow Forums

>1-handable size
>not the X-shits so still has a fingerprint sensor, since I don't want to use face unlock
>up to date software
>LCD panel so no burn-in issues

Is there any Android alternative to this?

Has shit ram (2gb)and no headphone jack

Just man up and fuck off with iShit. Please.

I'd die laughing if they made an ad with him and he looks at the camera and says "OnePlus 7 Pro! It is for you bro!"

Just got my OnePlus 7 Pro. Gotta say, the battery life is way better than I expected.

Attached: wHOaAcN.jpg (1080x2336, 266K)

You said this last thread and never replied to the user who asked why is battery saving on.

Yeah I'm curious about at too. And lol at the dark mode.

>If requesting purchasing advice, please provide your country and what carrier you will be using it with, along with wanted features, budget and size.

>Country
Sweden
>Carrier
Tele 2
>Features
just need a phone that I can watch youtube vids on and call people. Also being able to watch webms would be nice
>Budget
Would like a very cheap one, thinking about Huawei, maybe one of the models in pic related for about $15-20 a month with my carrier

Thoughts?

Attached: phone.png (1357x978, 491K)

Though it's not a big deal since the 30w charger will fill your battery to 100 within an hour
that considered, 7-8 hours SoT is a non issue when you get a sexy high res 90hz screen to look at.

Is the Mate 20 Pro very cheap? Get something else.

To be fair you should use dark mode anyways but ya still funny.

It's the second cheapest there. Maybe Samsung then?
What do you recomend?

Attached: Screenshot_2019-05-17 Mobiltelefoner - Jämför och köp ny mobil idag Tele2(1).png (591x552, 244K)

Get a Xiaomi Redmi Note 7 from your nearest Xiaomi seller or from Amazon.

what's up with this photograph? his head, hands and shoes look way too big for that body.

Don't get a Huawei phone. They're fucking shit.
>t. owner if a Mate SE

>just need a phone that I can watch youtube vids on and call people.
Redmi Note 7

>Xiaomi Redmi Note 7
this actually looks interesting. It's around $180 and everything else looks great....what's the catch?

>Don't get a Huawei phone. They're fucking shit.
thanks for the warning user

Attached: Screenshot_2019-05-17 Xiaomi Redmi 7 64GB Svart.png (974x691, 216K)

It's set to go on at 25%

Wrong phone, you're looking at Redmi 7, not Redmi Note 7

Why not disable it?

oh sorry the Note 7 is around $230 still very cheap

Attached: Screenshot_2019-05-17 Xiaomi Redmi Note 7 4GB RAM 64GB Dual SIM - Hitta bästa pris, recensioner och (1204x845, 232K)

There's really no catch to it, Maybe you should check your bands just in case. It is the Jow Forums budget memephone for a reason.

there are clearly fucking lifts in those shoes too LOL

It's almost time fellas.

Attached: 57654674567856789.png (270x501, 116K)

I'm waiting for the vastly superior Redmi K20 pro, user.

It's gonna be cut somewhere, but when does it get announced?

don't know. soon i'd wager, i kept hearing last monday but they just announced the name, then i heard it'll be out today in china. who knows.

My only concern is the display is going to be 60hz and the camera pop up will be slower, I don't mind paying the premium for a nicer screen.

I also feel Xiaomi will try to find a way to cut corners to save more money

If you use the 90hz mode on Oneplus your battery will only be 4-4.5 hours, Marcus Brownlee said so and that kids is honest. I'd rather have more battery life, but again you can set it to 60 hz on oneplus so that's still an advantage there. However is 90 hz worth double the money? To me, no.

Xiaomi won't cut corners, but they'll make so few units that they will cut their losses and it'll be very hard to get one for months. And who knows if it'll have american bands. But the Antutu score is enough to make me wait, and if K20 pro has bands 2, 4, 12 I will purchase it without hesitation.

i give exactly 0 fucks about how long it takes the camera to pop up, i'm not a faggot who takes selfies ever. I'd be okay with no front camera on my phone.

Poorfag here, bought a Pixel 3a from B&H with no tax, free shipping, and a $100 gift card. Did I fuck up or get a good deal?

Attached: 3a.png (1500x1125, 2.99M)

good deal, assuming you get a good unit

This was with 90hz mode

Hope so, I have a beat up, 5 year-old Nexus 5 which I can't wait to upgrade from. Fucking camera+light disconnect half the time and the battery lasts 2 hours at most while using it.

yeah and god knows how long battery saver was on, and there's no evidence that that was with 90hz

sony xperia 10 came out an nobody is talking about it
damn what a terrible, TERRIBLE phone

Bought Blackview BV9500 Pro.
Just arrived and testing it. Seems like a cool phone. Now trying to root using 4pda as guide. The massive battery is great

>Markassbrownly said so and that kid's honest
I'm unsure if what he said was accurate, I've seen tests performed with results that suggest otherwise. That Mrwhosetheshithead did guy performed a test with the OP7 Pro and it lasted 5.5hrs.

youtube.com/watch?v=YoSYD_bO3q8
Keep in mind this is with the phone set at its absolute maximum resolution. I don't have a One Plus but I personally set my phone to FHD+ rather than WQHD+, as I don't think the extremely miniscule difference in image quality is worth the battery life sacrifice. Based off this video I imagine you could quite easily get 6.5hrs SOT if not more if the resolution on the OP7 is toned down to 90Hz FHD+.

Like I said, it's was set to turn on at 25%

Attached: 1KcuB6J.jpg (1080x2336, 286K)

>If you use the 90hz mode on Oneplus your battery will only be 4-4.5 hours
youtube.com/watch?v=z8AdxtkkQDo&t=480
>8:03->
SEVEN TO EIGHT HOURS OF SCREEN ON TIME!!! And that's with 90hz mode on. Marques gets less battery because he always keeps his phones at full brightness.

Japanese スマホ really need to get better. They used to make great phones.

Well, he is a nigger

Cope: the post.

Full brightness? How can people do that? I keep mine at 7%. Anything higher and my eyes start to hurt.

Will upgrade from 5T to 7Pro
Damn I love big phones

once you get on the full brightness train it's hard to go back, it also looks like he lives in a very bright place assuming it's his apartment he's filming in

Does 12GB make a difference or should I just stick with 8gb?

I feel like 12gb is a huge meme since my Pixel 1 XL still multitasks just fine on 4gb

8GB is fine even on a gaming PC

Doesn't full brightness guarantee burn in too? I don't live in darkness either and I only increase it up to 50% when I'm outdoors in daylight.

alright guys
i'm american
i'm 30 and i didn't get a smartphone until maybe 5 months ago. i have an LG K20V. it's a cheap thing. only cost like $120. i got a summer job that pays fairly well. i'm willing to spend a paycheck on a phone, so i have a budget of about $500. what phone should i get? i'm on verizon. i don't know if that matters.

i know nothing about smartphones and what some of them are capable of. i don't use social media so none of that is important. i have limited data, only 4gb monthly. i guess what i'd like is a phone that can play games and take good pictures. i'd like it to be medium sized. iphones are for girls and gays so i'll stick with android.

Attached: 1531102537173.jpg (600x799, 78K)

Ya that's what I was thinking, like away from fucking Star Citizen, my computer rarely goes over 8gb of RAM during a game at 1440p, so I really don't think a phone would ever hit that.

I just wanted to know performance differences, does it switch apps quicker or something? Does it drain the battery more?

Pixel 3a / 3a XL

No one knows bro, 8gb is just the standard you should get for flagships.

>nobody is making you buy a $700 phone
>you can still get the 7 (not pro)

NO YOU LITERALLY CANNOT THE 7 IS NOT COMING TO AMERICA YOU FUCKTARD CHINK SHILL

here's my new music player setup
i was looking for a decent free software music player for android, but all of them were pretty much lame, with half of them not being able to recognize .opus files as media files (because they use the android media framework, which decides what is music and what is not) so i figured that termux probably has some music player in the repos, and here it is
pic related is my custom made termux-notification-based controller for cmus running locally inside termux
it's surprisingly comfy and consumes literally no energy, i can listen to music for hours
give it a try sometime

Attached: termux+cmus.png (759x1518, 141K)

I have an OG Pixel and it's coming up on 3 years old. No OLED burn in here, and I don't know why people say that because out of all the screens Ive used over my life, the only screens of any kind that suffer from burn in are ones that are on 24/7; commercial and demo screens. Turning your screen off is all you need to do to avoid burn in. If you want to try Android, the 3a is the way to go. No notch, tall OLED, headphone jack, Pixel 3's camera, and all the other Pixel features.

Attached: 1552715954257.gif (500x500, 1.28M)

Almost bought the OnePlus Pro, bought I'll buy the Zenfone 6 now, because of muh headphone jack and it's $100 cheaper

They just buy the latest iPhone or some no name chink shit.
Japanese are tech illiterate, so of course nobody gives a fuck about smartphone specs there.

That's fair user, if the headphone jack is that much of a deal breaker than it's worth the wait.

To me it isn't a big deal because I rarely catch myself being able to use it.

Just be careful since from what I've heard Asus makes really shitty phones and just because it has an 855 shouldn't mean it gets a free pass either.

my only bugaboo with Asus was the shitty software. it's super stock in Zenfone 6, so no qualms there. but at $500 i expect a OLED screen. that's why i'm still holding out.

That too, their update policy is kind of trash, expect them to stop updating the phone sooner than you're ready to upgrade, but if you're going to root it, it wont make a difference.

I hope it at least performs well though, slapping these powerful processors in these cheaper than OP7P phones just makes me feel like they're going to cut costs somewhere, or optimize them super poorly.

Not trying to shill, I want competition, but it feels like they aren't trying to compete but undercut.

meh ill probably just keep my shitty cheap phone

Attached: 1542635351757.jpg (625x833, 80K)

It’s not an actor thing but a male mid life crisis. It’s the modern equivalent of a Daffy Duck tie or coloured socks. Owning a one plus is a sure sign giveaway.

Get an iPhone.

ok i'll look into. what are the biggest advantages an iphone has over android?

i mean oneplus never once set the benchmark for quality, i don't know why the fuck you think they're the gold standard. for fucks sake they still haven't released a phone with functional gps or notification vibration motor for another 4 hours. oneplus is not your baseline for quality user, jesus fuck. and oneplus is NOT the first or best phone or best phone per dollar with a snapdragon 855 chipset.

the one thing i will give oneplus is that screen is unquestionably top of the line. 90hz and 1440p and OLED and no notch is a fucking 10/10 combo. the cameras are probably shit again especially now for the price, but gcam it in a few weeks and you'll be good to go.

in 2019, the only real reason to pay a premium price is for a premium experience, and that emphasizes the screens and cameras (since you'll soon be getting SD 855s in $300 phones, that's not a huge selling point.) To have inarguably the best screen in the market at not exactly the most expensive price is a good move by oneplus. The camera is not a bad component but the camera software is subpar at the moment.

Never settle is a bad tagline for them, they've never made a phone you didn't have to settle on. From shitty haptic touch, to shitty motors, to shitty cameras, there's never once been a true flagship oneplus and you've always had to be willing to compromise in some major area. There's still no true flagship until oneplus itself puts out good camera software and wireless charging.

It's a good price to get what you're getting, if you can settle on no wireless charging and if you settle for no headphone jack and you can settle for absolute shit camera software until gcam comes out for it. That's a lot of settling.

>cheapest oneplus 7 pro contract plan in U.K.is £43 a month
>£380 added on top for 4GB and unlimited calls for two years

how the fuck do they get away with it?

Other than SD card, is there any reason not to get the Pixel 3a? I have to import it, so I can't return it if I don't like it.

>VoLTE
O good sir volte support works ???

You become taller when you have money

If you ain’t used a smartphone and your 30 the iPhone would be extremely easy to get into and understand what’s going on. Jow Forums posters will tell you if something doesn’t work on d’androïde to root it and install a different OS and a load of bullshit that you’d probably know fuck all about.

With Apple you know what you get. An easy to use, premium handset with stores and a good system in place if it fucks up. You buy some android chinkphone you’re gonna be getting a new one in a few years and if it breaks or you don’t like it you’re fucked. I use android and I’d not recommend it to someone who’s not tech save like yourself. Goto an Apple store and try one out or ask some friends if they have one.

>Contract

Attached: 1557320669522.jpg (456x810, 27K)

Seriously play with it before buying. The screen is supposedly not bright.
I once bought a pixel 2xl and it was seriously shitty

samsung galaxy s8 (your price point) or s9 (better fingerprint sensor location, $100 more) .. great pictures that aren't necessarily color accurate, but i prefer them

iphone of the same gen (iphone 8), iphones produce the pictures that everyone else compares their phone's camera to
(if you can live with iOS)

>No one knows bro
>you should get X
What kind of logic was that?

Yeah, yeah I’m a student so don’t have my cs degree yet to buy waifu pillows and flagship chinkphones.

Then fuck off underage retard
I bet you are a pajeet at well

If you use a lot of apps at once then 4GB is not going to be a lot. Other than that you should be good to go.

>manlet shoes
I don't get it, these guys have so much money, but they're STILL fucking insecure about something as their own height? jesus fucking christ

I’m white and British you silly fuck. Hence posing currency and networks form Britain.
We can’t all have the disposable income of a NEET Incel loser that lives with his mum and zero social life to drop £700 on a phone like you.

The height wagegap is the one that's actually real.

Even in the supreme egalitarian Scandinavian societies, people subconsciously prefer the taller people.

nigger I'm talking about the person in the picture, aka robert downey jr
he has SO much money but is still so insecure about his height to the point that he has to fucking wear shoes that make him appear taller

>I’m white and British
>angloid
>white
the only thing you have with whites in common is the fact that you do your best to destroy them.

>switch mobile carriers to Sprint
>"IP banned for abuse" when I try to post on 4ch
>persists after IP shifts
>persists when traveling and roaming
Holy shit Sprintfags what did you do. It's like the whole range is borked. VZW didn't have this problem

you shouldn't get anything as long as the lg k20v is enough for your current needs user, don't let the materialist in you get a hold. 500 dollars is plenty of quality restaurant visits, 4 years of netflix, about 50 movie theatre visits, basically anything that's better than a nonessential upgrade. I know plenty of people who get happy by buying expensive stuff they don't need, so if you're one of those just go ahead, but that's just my 5 cents

whoa a sensible post
you're right mate
i have no need for a fancy smartphone. i have more important things to worry about like my crappy car breaking down and a bad tooth that needs to get fixed

Attached: 1528680743877.jpg (322x395, 16K)