youtube.com/watch?v=69WFt6_dF8g

Want help?
>State the budget & CURRENCY
>List your uses e.g. Gaming, Video Editing, VM Work
>For monitors include purpose & graphics pairing
>NO Speccy or "bottleneck checkers"

CPUs based on current prices
>Athlon 200GE - HTPC, web browsing, bare minimum gaming
>R3 2200G - Light 30-60fps gaming(dGPU optional). 2400G if you want a CPU which can last into a GPU upgrade
>R5 2600/X - Good 60fps+ gaming & multithreaded use
>9700k - Wait for new patched benchmarks
>R7 2700/X - Best value high-end CPU on a non-HEDT platform
>Threadripper - HEDT

>BE AWARE that Microsoft, Apple, and others recommend disabling hyperthreading on Intel CPUs. Be aware that Intel tried to bribe researchers to delay releasing the vulnerability by an extra 6 months so they could do another stock sell off and release you scam 10th gen CPUs with HT.

RAM
>NEVER use only a single stick
>8GB - very light use, and/or if you don't mind closing programs regularly
>16GB - standard amount. If you have to ask if you need more, you don't
>CPUs benefit from fast RAM; 2800MHz+ is ideal. Check "more" for true latency formula

Graphics cards based on current pricing:
1080p
>RX 570/580 - value.
>1660 - Slightly better perf for more demanding games on high/maxed 60fps+;
> 1660Ti / 1070 / Vega56 - higher framerates
1440p (WQHD)
>1070Ti / Vega - 60-120fps+ in most games on high/maxed
>2070 Overclocked or Radeon VII - Worth considering
>2080Ti - higher framerates
2160p (4k)
>Radeon VII - weaker than 2080ti
>RTX 2080Ti - good, but poor value.

Other
>Consider a larger SSD (better GB/$) instead of small SSD & HDD
>M.2 is a form factor, NOT a performance standard
>Consider 75hz display minimum; 60hz are old models
>PLAN BUILD AROUND YOUR MONITOR IF GAMING
>AIOs don't change the laws of thermodynamics

rentry.co/pcbg-more

Prev

Attached: NVMeme load times.png (1818x657, 1.74M)

Other urls found in this thread:

guru3d.com/news-story/new-ridl-vulnerability-hits-intel-advises-disabling-hyper-threading-below-8th9th-gen-cpus.html
google.co.uk/amp/s/www.dailymail.co.uk/health/article-6850943/amp/Team-GB-cyclist-reveals-needed-VULVA-surgery-years-saddle.html
scan.co.uk/shop/computer-hardware/gpu-amd/all
youtube.com/watch?v=dRap7uw9iWI&list=PL8_tNcIbugdwubkoq2wuyl9gLBCZtnS8c&index=2&t=0s
gamersnexus.net/guides/3382-rtx-2070-versus-power-modded-vega-56
pcpartpicker.com/list/3j8KzY
pcpartpicker.com/list/kZxGpG
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

Looking for a good 1440p 144hz monitor mostly for gaming on a 450 € budget.
Dont care for gsync/freesync, care more about good colors.
What are some good options /pcbg/ ?
Pairing it with a 2060.

Nixeus Edg V2.
Not too sure because EU selection tends to be worse.

Not available in Europe unfortunately. I could bump the budget to 500€. If theres something really nice.

Found a kid online selling a 1700x for $120 and an ASRock B450 pro4 for $60. Both are new in box. If I could talk him down to taking $160 for both should I jump on it? Any recommendations on what GPU to pair with these? Haven't built since 2014 so I'm a little out of the loop.

Attached: happy_wizard_on_his_very_own_magic_machine_shitposting.gif (269x350, 93K)

If you're making a gaming build, the 2600 is better than the 1800X. And the 2600 is basically $120 after you sell the games it comes with from some retailers.
Pro4 board new in box for $60 shipped is okay.

>I've got a 1060 3gb

There is this seller selling 12 gpus that are a year old that were apparently used for over a year for mining at 60%(supposedly of course)
Hes selling a 1070ti for only $260

Is it worth it to upgrade? I could probably ell my 1060 3gb for $150 if i think about it.

The ads been up since the 15th of april so i'm sure anyone that wants to bitch would have bitched by now.
The ads on a reputable forum created just for trading pc parts and the guys been a member since 2010
Should i pull the trigger?

Attached: 1543851696797.jpg (1080x1350, 315K)

I bought a used 1070 not long ago for £220 so that sounds like a good price, as long as it's not fucked from mining.

Quick question: I currently have 2x4GB of DDR4 in my Ryzen 2600 rig, built around a year ago when RAM prices were through the roof. I intended to purchase another kit later.
Now that I can buy it, a 2x8GB kit is cheaper than a 2x4 kit, so I guess I'll be getting 24GB of RAM.
How should I arrange the sticks ? Should I go 16-16-8-8, or 16-8-16-8 ? Does it makes any differences ?

>new meme flaw exists since 2010
>no one has ever been affected by it since then
>suddenly it's a big deal
So this is the power of the amd shill

>heard ryzen is shit for emulation
Should I still wait for the 3000 series? Is there any chance of it being better?

My Vega 64 was used for mining and it's fine. So long as they took care of the cards and kept them clean there's not a huge issue since most miners run them at maximum efficiency vs. maximum output like you would in gaming or OC applications.

So long as he looks on the up and up I'd be fine with buying.

>NSA exclusive backdoors hidden since 2010
>suddenly publicly available to everyone
>absolutely no problem

What's the verdict on the i9 9900K?
Is it worth the extra money compared to the best i7 (forgot the model)?
The most cpu intensive thing I'm planning in the near future is potentially emulating PS3 and even then getting the best of the best is more about future-proofing™ and "fuck it, it's a new computer, I'll spoil myself a bit"

Attached: we just don't know.gif (249x250, 1.08M)

Basically 9900k = 9700k, Intelfags got scammed hard.

Had to RMA my GPU, how long does newegg usually take once they get it? Its already going to take a week to get there and a week to get back.

Attached: shitposting.gif (278x200, 446K)

If you only gaem then 9700k
If you want to gaem and do other multithreaded stuff then 9900k

nice meme

9900k without HT is a 9700k you dumb nigger

is intel 660p a good ssd drive?or should i just go with samsung

>9900k without HT

Attached: 1449230003517.jpg (1508x1493, 437K)

vega 56
290$
gtx 1080 performance

this makes nvtords M A D

guru3d.com/news-story/new-ridl-vulnerability-hits-intel-advises-disabling-hyper-threading-below-8th9th-gen-cpus.html

>To be able to exploit the vulnerability, no more is needed than hiding a few lines of malicious code on for example a website. A visitor that opens this site open, it will leak information.

AHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA

Attached: 1558089660545.jpg (960x847, 214K)

>Didn't enable full MDS mitigation
>Still uses hyperthreading
LMAO

Attached: 1544315098176.gif (270x200, 277K)

Shit. Time to buy some Jow Forums ads.

>literally opening your web browser can compromise you
THAT STATE OF INTEL

Look what just arrived, lads.
Rest should be arriving soon.

Ordered everything on Amazon but for some reason it's been split into 4 different deliveries.

Attached: IMG_9.jpg (1612x1209, 233K)

>he fell for the AMD meme
looks like you guys found YET another victim.

Attached: 1476912772718.jpg (500x640, 39K)

That image seems hot but professional female cyclist completely destroy their vaginas from being in the saddle too much.
I'm not making this up.

google.co.uk/amp/s/www.dailymail.co.uk/health/article-6850943/amp/Team-GB-cyclist-reveals-needed-VULVA-surgery-years-saddle.html

>sleve cables
>shitty ram
wow such prorities

you mean I didn't fall for the Intel shilling

How is that ram shit?

So do these OPs just flip flop between AMD shills and Nvidia/intel shills?

I hope nobody honestly gets tricked into buying a radeon VII.

radeon VII is better buy than competition in whole Europe

false actually

It's not, you'd have to try really hard to find "shit ram".

>gets a ryzen
>doesn't know enough about RAM to even know what is good or shit RAM for your needs
>buys sleeve cables instead

scan.co.uk/shop/computer-hardware/gpu-amd/all

Imagine buying a 2080. Fucking yikes.

Attached: file.png (960x796, 1.02M)

That's nothing mate
look what just arrived

Attached: IMG09.jpg (1612x1209, 250K)

can anyone link any good pc videos? can be about building, describing how thing work, etc. im too brainlet

about what specifically? jut about building computers?

Thank you for that link. As expected, the prices don't look that good for me, especially once I add international shipping but they have a nice GPU buying guide section that helped me with my decision.

Attached: scan guide.jpg (888x3056, 362K)

yeah. anything that explains the details of every component. for example i cant choose a cpu because idk how exactly to compare them

youtube.com/watch?v=dRap7uw9iWI&list=PL8_tNcIbugdwubkoq2wuyl9gLBCZtnS8c&index=2&t=0s

ok /reddit

Kinda newbie pc building question here...Does power consumption and/or TDP matter in kinda mid range(or maybe low) GPU like 1660ti or rx 590?

AAAand it's fucking broken

Did wonder why the delivery guy literally ran away

JUST

Attached: IMG12.jpg (1209x1612, 441K)

yes. get a 650W+ gold rated PSU

I don't want to shit on the Vega 56 but it is hot and power hungry. Even with the powerlimit removed and on water my 1080 never went over 280 W even at 2126 [email protected]. If you like tuning fan curves and powertables and it's cheaper go for it, but out of the box the 1080 will probably be better.

Sic semper tempered glassus

Attached: 1558091331441.jpg (634x650, 45K)

He did you a favor. Now get a normal case made out of metal like a normal person.

Most Vengeance LPX kits are AFR, I think I have that same kit. If it was over $100 USD return it for some B-die, and use the DRAM calculator on techpowerup.

He fell for the TG meme

Attached: 1341615748022.gif (200x280, 159K)

>70c is hot
>200w is power hungry

God I can't wait for Navi to fucking flop
Still snagging a Zen 2 CPU though

gamersnexus.net/guides/3382-rtx-2070-versus-power-modded-vega-56

It's comparable to SLI setups in powerdraw after OC.

>242% power mod = OC

Attached: smart.png (225x225, 6K)

Look at the performance charts, you wanted parity with the 1080.

God Vegadrones truly are pathetic, the lowest of the low

FYI overclocking hbm2 to 930+ will give stock vega 64 performance, 64 is basically 1080

That might put it on par with a 1080 at stock, but both out of the box and after extensive tuning, the 1080 wins out. As I said before just buy the cheapest of the two cards, and only if you're willing to powermod it.

why not overclock the Vega 64?

cause it's already close to maxed out and worse value

About to start buying parts for a mid ranged build. Are there any unnecessary parts here, and can anything be downgraded or upgraded for better effect? And no, I'm not actually buying winblows, I just put it there to finish the list.
pcpartpicker.com/list/3j8KzY

Attached: bustup_08_06 (Texture 0).png (960x560, 102K)

It's the same die and after you've removed the powerlimits performs virtually identical. At that point it's a difference in silicon quality so you may as well buy the cheaper one or buy a card that performs better at stock.

>Intel

Attached: 1557818081773.gif (490x275, 995K)

>he's an amdcel

Attached: worried laughter.png (696x674, 120K)

>shitel

>8700k
Why? That shit is basically a 8600k now, you can thank Intel for that.

Can my r5 2600 and 1070 handle 1440p gaymen?

If I put a 4-prong outlet into an 8-prong hole, would it work?

remember, intel is already recommending you don't use hyper threading, the 9700k doesn't have hyper threading and has 2 extra REAL cores instead.

It was already better than the 8700k with hyper threading, now that intel wants you to disable hyper threading, the 9700k is the CLEAR choice.

>2080 is shit
>Now I'll just buy a hotter, louder 2080 for the same price that gets worse performance in most games

inb4 muh non-gaming applications
also inb4 muh WWZ or other single cherry picked benchmark.

you realize the link at the bottom of the OP is dead, right?

Some truly terrible ideas in there like a castrated chipset for a K-series CPU. I made it a bit better, also don't bother with 1TB hard drives. Get 3TB or more.
pcpartpicker.com/list/kZxGpG

You're mostly GPU bound here

Graphics card needs two 8prong shits to connect to my motherboard, I only have 1
Any way I can solve this without buying a new cable?

Need molec adapter or new power supply

how about you use the proper fucking words to describe what you're talking about.

Everything on your motherboard is fucking labeled, it's not an "8 prong shits", most LIKELY you're talking about an 8-pin EPS 12v, but who the fuck knows if you wont actually post specifications or accurately describe it.

>buying meme fucking trash
deserved retard

>mid ranged build
>$2100 USD
JUST

new power supply (the cables aren't supposed to go to the motherboard from the gpu though?)

>b450m mortar

I thought MSI discontinued that line? When I was ready to pull the trigger on that motherboard I didn't see it in stock anywhere at all.

I mean, it's not wrong. exactly

It's on the higher end of mid-range, but it's not super high end or anything like that either.

>BE AWARE that Microsoft, Apple, and others recommend disabling hyperthreading on Intel CPUs. Be aware that Intel tried to bribe researchers to delay releasing the vulnerability by an extra 6 months so they could do another stock sell off and release you scam 10th gen CPUs with HT.
Can someone dumb it down for me? Im sorry, im not tech-savy.
Also, how viable is using tv as monitor? Ive been using 19 inch 720p samsung ever since i got rid of crt a long time ago and im thinking about replacing it with 30 inch tv that I dont use. I play LoL and gta v, will latency ruin it?

Why recommend the 1070ti, V56 and 2070 but not the 2060? Why Radeon VII but not the more powerful 2080?

I'll repost..

WTF both my WD 2tb drives aren't showing up anywhere not even on bios
Tried unplugging sata and power, changing cables , changing sata port etc.

What are the odds they both failed at the exact same time? They were 100% healthy when i left a week ago (I left the pc unplugged also)

What could it be?

Attached: deaning.gif (245x263, 749K)

Yeah but will it game?

>If you want to gaem and do other multithreaded stuff then 9900k
9900k has the same threads as 9700k now.

>Intel and Samsung are the only options
imagine being this dumb

>MX-4
lmao?

GPU will be a bit weak for it, so not maxed out in everything.

>About to start buying parts for a mid ranged build. Are there any unnecessary parts here, and can anything be downgraded or upgraded for better effect? And no, I'm not actually buying winblows, I just put it there to finish the list.
>pcpartpicker.com/list/3j8KzY
It's incredible, how bad this is. Literally every single component choice is bad except the memory. You fucked up 12 out of 13 times.

Do you hear them spinning up and accessing data when you turn on the PC?

it clearly a mbo problem

>Do you hear them spinning up and accessing data when you turn on the PC?
no they are literally in a coma/dead from what i see
the only thing i can think of is a power issue but then again the saem cable powers the SSD which is working flawlessly

>it clearly a mbo problem

excuse me?

GTA driving and mouse aiming will feel more sluggish on a TV panel.

Also the OP just means Intel's hyper threading has security issues and it's recommended you disable it if you're concerned about your security. Intel tried to bribe researchers into not revealing this security issue so that intel could sell off remaining CPU inventory without the public knowing about the security flaws present in those CPUs at a hardware level.

thank you user
>You fucked up 12 out of 13 times.
yes, am dumb

>9900k has the same threads as 9700k now.
For your average home user, meh not really.

These are side-channel attacks, generally meaning you need physical access to the system in question.

You shouldn't be concerned about some random yahoo being able to suddenly access your computer from anywhere in the world just because you have hyper threading enabled.

at least you admit to being dumb now buy amd

Hyperthreading is a feature on Core i7 processors and leaving it enabled leaves you open to an exploit that could steal your personal data. There's an update to fix it but it reduces processor performance as a result.

Also most TVs are for watching movies/show, not playing games. Playing fast paced esports games on TVs suffer due to input lag and big resolutions making UI elements look small.