Buy intel cpu

>buy intel cpu
>it's fast as fuck
>three security patches and four vulnerability mitigations later it's slow as shit

why is this legal? i'm serious. entire devops team got sacked for advising management to buy intel and now everything works 30% slower because of some zombie load or mds vulnerability or whatever. we're talking about people's livelihoods here. how come no one is suing intel for deceptive marketing?

WE SELL FAST CPUS, JUST DON'T MIND THE SECURITY FLAWS

Attached: 5dq3rHZ.png (1159x1065, 99K)

Other urls found in this thread:

support.apple.com/en-us/HT210108
nrc.nl/nieuws/2019/05/14/hackers-mikken-op-het-intel-hart-a3960208
guru3d.com/news-story/new-ridl-vulnerability-hits-intel-advises-disabling-hyper-threading-below-8th9th-gen-cpus.html
intel.com/content/dam/www/public/us/en/documents/corporate-information/SA00233-microcode-update-guidance_05132019.pdf
tomshardware.com/news/intel-disable-hyper-threading-spectre-attack,39333.html
blog.trendmicro.com/trendlabs-security-intelligence/detecting-attacks-that-exploit-meltdown-and-spectre-with-performance-counters/
aws.amazon.com/security/security-bulletins/AWS-2019-004/
hothardware.com/news/tsmc-5nm-node-doubles-density-amd-ryzen-3000-7nm
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

Are you mentally retarded or just a fucking idiot?

>literally the first argument is ad hominem
Not OP. But you got nothing, do you.

PERFORMANCE DOESN'T MATTER

Attached: 1506977173618.jpg (882x758, 324K)

No one is suing because no one got sacked like in your made up wonderland fantasy.

>damage control

(Pozzed Inside)

There hasn't been even a single malware using these vulnerabilities for over a year. Everyone is slowly disabling them. Using these exploits is impossible.
Don't believe the "tech" journalists or AMD shills hyping this bullshit.

Attached: inspectre.png (464x359, 18K)

>He thinks because nobody has mentioned they have been affected that nobody has.
Large corporations running Xeons don't usually like telling the public they have been hacked.

>In a just-published support document, Apple suggests that full ZombieLoad mitigation will require Intel chip users to disable Intel’s hyper-threading processing feature — a major selling point of the chipmaker’s CPUs. During testing this month, Apple says that it found “as much as a 40 percent reduction in performance with tests that include multithreaded workloads and public benchmarks,” though actual performance impacts will vary between machines.

support.apple.com/en-us/HT210108

40% PERFORMANCE HIT!

SAGE INTEL SHILL PROPAGANDA

Attached: 1557923861782.png (2000x1543, 58K)

>Apparently Intel attempted to play down the issue by trying to award the researchers with the 40,000 dollar tier reward and a separate 80,000 dollar reward as a "gift" (which the researchers kindly denied) instead of the maximum 100,000 reward for finding a critical vulnerability.
>Intel was also planning to wait for at least another 6 months before bringing this to light if it wasn't for the researchers threatening to release the details in May.
nrc.nl/nieuws/2019/05/14/hackers-mikken-op-het-intel-hart-a3960208

INTEL SHILL DAMAGE CONTROL IS IN FULL FORCE

Attached: 1557965828781.jpg (709x394, 63K)

Large corporations don't matter LOLOL

guru3d.com/news-story/new-ridl-vulnerability-hits-intel-advises-disabling-hyper-threading-below-8th9th-gen-cpus.html

>To be able to exploit the vulnerability, no more is needed than hiding a few lines of malicious code on for example a website. A visitor that opens this site open, it will leak information.
BTFO
T
F
O

Attached: 1557879420282.jpg (605x328, 66K)

intel.com/content/dam/www/public/us/en/documents/corporate-information/SA00233-microcode-update-guidance_05132019.pdf

Intel itself recommends disabling Hyperthreading: tomshardware.com/news/intel-disable-hyper-threading-spectre-attack,39333.html

Attached: 1557942327896.jpg (960x847, 214K)

I just did. So now I literally have a 6600k that I paid a premium for.

Thanks Israeltel!

Fucking hell I thought it was one of those where you still needed physical access or something.

Hahahaha get fucked intel users.

You only had to listen.

>. entire devops team got sacked for advising management to buy intel and now everything works 30% slower because of some zombie load or mds vulnerability or whatever. we're talking about people's livelihoods here.
Maybe they should have done their job better.
IME being broken open was over 7 years ago, if you were still buying Intel after that, you deserve to lose your job.

Back then (2015) it was my best option. I won't buy anything Intel ever again. Not even mobile or ssds.

Especially not after I figured out how tied to Israel they are.

>For Windows 10 version 1607, Windows Server 2016 and more recent systems that are not running Hyper-V and are not using VBS-protected security features, customers should not disable HT.
Even MS says that there's no real reason to be paranoid

Attached: yohtl.gif (306x132, 1.36M)

Leave them all open, don't be a fool.

>advising intelshitters to not patch their systems to get fucked even harder
Good

Maybe I'll re enable it then. Google didnt agree nor did apple

next vulnerability will req you to disable half of your cores

Probably not.
It'd be hilarious to see L3 disabled though.

>the exploit thats extremely hard to detect when used hasn't been detected in the wild yet!

This is absolutely devastating to larger corps that have insane amounts of info at stake and can't afford leaks. However, I see no need to update. I haven't used windows update in years, and I don't see why I should trust intel either. Just utilize common sense and have a good adblocker/scriptblocker ready.

It probably helps that I don't store sensitive information on my computer. Not everyone has that luxury though.

land me your gmail adress for a moment fren

Look, I'm not an Intel fan.
I got an Intel system, but I got one with Ryzen too.
Did Intel fucked up here? Absolutely!

But all of those FUD about the end of the world, need of disabling HT, i7 becoming i5, is just a marketing plot to sell some CPUs.
L1TF was around since 2018. Enabled HT makes system vulnerable to this exploit too. But there was not a single working attack so far. From kernel documentation itself:
>It’s technically extremely unlikely and from today’s knowledge even impossible that L1TF can be exploited via the most popular attack mechanisms like JavaScript because these mechanisms have no way to control PTEs. If this would be possible and not other mitigation would be possible, then the default might be different.

I don't have anything against AMD. I build a new system last year and I got Ryzen myself. Because it's cheap and pretty damn good.
But falling for the marketing right now is just plain stupid. 6700k is still a great CPU that can serve you for quite a few years. Think twice before falling for consumerism meme and "update CPU every year, because socket and shit".

I wasnt likely to upgrade even if I had to keep HT off.

i don't keep email passwords anywhere near my PC.

Some next level cope right here.

>noone mentions upgrades or AMD
>concern troll post about how your existing Intel system is fine, don't upgrade to AMD

hmmm....

blog.trendmicro.com/trendlabs-security-intelligence/detecting-attacks-that-exploit-meltdown-and-spectre-with-performance-counters/

I see you clearly read the page before you linked it

Attached: image-44.jpg (480x458, 55K)

Dude, you can update to AMD if you want to. You got my blessings!
I'm just saying that it's stupid to fall for the FUD and cripple your system yourself.

Let the damage control begin.

Attached: 1445873750669.jpg (250x250, 15K)

>it's stupid to have security, how would I gain access to your information then?

>spend my life savings on Intel
>too poor too afford another update now
>don't want other too so I'm not the only one

Not that guy, but a little common sense goes a long way when it comes to security. For starters, you shouldn't be trusting intel and MS with "security" updates in the first place.

Dude, were living in a great time now. It's quite amazing that CPUs from 8 years ago or so are still perfectly functional.
I know that companies are quite desperate to sell their shit to you, but trust me. 90s sucked hard. After 2-3 years your CPU was an officially outdated shit that couldn't run anything new.
Update all you want if it brings you joy. I'm just saying that it's not really reasonable.

Games are unaffected you fucking idiot.

Thats an old graph, the updated one has more than 60 vulnerabilities

How the puck are games not affected if your performance is 40% less when fully mitigated? That's a bottleneck of you have a really high end card.

For someone like me, these vulnerabilities don't affect me since I don't have vital information worth exploiting. However, it is a huge issue with companies that use intel and have tons of user information and private documents.

I don't need to update my cpu. I have AMD.

>40%
FUD

Just sold my 9700k. I'm buying a used 2700x while I wait for the new 3xxx

Attached: 1557700359723.jpg (640x640, 37K)

>devops
>making capital expense decisions
>not just pushing that shit off onto AWS, Azure, GCP

This sounds fake.

Just don't install the patches? Tonnes of (flaws) exist in ime anyway that will go unfixed because they ar enot discovered yet fuck buying incel shit ever

Attached: 1557868772576.png (2160x714, 67K)

>For someone like me, these vulnerabilities don't affect me since I don't have vital information worth exploiting. However, it is a huge issue with companies that use intel and have tons of user information and private documents.
The real problem is VMs tho.
The danger for cloud service providers is getting quite serious, since they got no control over the user software. The scenario when attackers get a VM just to gain access to information on some other VM can be pretty real now.

Ya, because it's not like your computing experience isn't already pozzed by both. You're a fucking retard. And these security problems arent fucking fud, computing as of late has depended on CPUs being secure and this makes it so even proven secure policy systems and programs can be defeated using side channel induced problems and oracles in superscalar CPUs.
This isn't even likely the end of the various side channel bugs inherent in all superscalar architectures.

That is a problem. They'll be affected quite heavily.

>Ya, because it's not like your computing experience isn't already pozzed by both. You're a fucking retard
Look user, I'm just saying: if I had trusted Microsoft with my security updates, my files would be deleted, my permissions would be messed up, my registry would be destroyed, and it would inevitably result in my computer being bricked. Big corps rely on pajeets for their coding, so they can't be trusted with security, Intel being exactly the same.

I've actually had a better computing experience just disabling all updates period.

For Zombieload it has to be on the same physical core. If you have a dedicated machine, socket, or core you are completely unaffected.

itt things that never happened

Buying Intel was the only option pre Ryzen, it was still a good bet with ryzen 1000 series, not so logical with the ryzen 2000 series and it'll be utterly retarded to do so with the ryzen 3000 series.

Not to mention Xeon line that was also unchallenged until Zen+ Epycs, though Epyc Zen2 will demolish Xeon.

Not to mention AWS was already designed against this type of exploit: aws.amazon.com/security/security-bulletins/AWS-2019-004/

Shoo shoo incel.

Jewish vermin should be purged and decapitated.

>that are not running Hyper-V
If you are using VBS, including WDAG and Windows Sandbox, you are in fact using Hyper-V.

OH NO NO NO NO NO
AAAAHAHAHAHAHAHAHH

Attached: Intlel.png (1704x2031, 832K)

>L1TF
It's less crucial to disable HT for that. Not for the new attacks though

DELID DIS GOY

>entire devops team got sacked for advising management to buy intel
that fucking sucks if real. who could have predicted that?

NO BROS IT'S ALL A LIE

IT'S A LIE IT'S A LIE IT'S A LIE IT'S A LIE IT'S A LIE IT'S A LIE IT'S A LIE

>if I had trusted Microsoft with my security updates, my files would be deleted, my permissions would be messed up, my registry would be destroyed, and it would inevitably result in my computer being bricked.

>He doesn't use the CBB/LTSB updating channel and instead use CB/Insider
Found your problem.

>it was still a good bet with ryzen 1000 series,
Not really, unless you mean the X99/X299 lineup

Getting Z270 is literally "I will hopefully upgrade only the CPU"

not him but makes a valid point. "How is this legal" is a stupid question. There's not enough people in any justice system knowledgable about computers to make this type of a judgement and they're reported 0days. The better question is "How do I switch from intel to amd?" or "How do I switch to arm/aarch64 and still have a usable system?"
Begone from this realm, nigger.

I did, went from sandy bridge to 2600x.

>bought my sister an intel laptop for 400 bucks last week
Fuck, couldn't this have been posted earlier?

>

Attached: e31.png (449x548, 109K)

Based, sandy bridge here, gonna go straight to Zen2

t. schlomo

Man, how hard would that fuck with CPU performance?

Attached: 1558104058119.png (666x500, 703K)

So, are w7 and 8/8.1 getting the patch update from microshit or not?

>k
Reminder to not overclock it because it could reach high temperatures.

Just leave one core active bro

At least you didn't fall for the 9900k meme

Also WSL 2 uses Hyper-V.

Yes Microsoft is known for its honesty and up-frontness

Its only that severe in highly MT applications. Gaymers can and will keep giving intel shekels

Install GenuineAMD

This nigga knows it, it's also difficult as fuck to exploit this bullshit in the browser with javascript. You literally have to be god retard to either run an unknown executable with the exploit loaded in and install the driver necessary for it to run in Windows or the kmod in case of linux.

Attached: 1548838038369.png (600x600, 100K)

>it's also difficult as fuck to exploit

for you

>entire devops team got sacked for advising management to buy intel
ITT: Things that didn't happen.

There's no driver needed.

>difficult as fuck to exploit
Speak for yourself

Well there's not much performance left to taken away from Intel CPUs, so the effect should be minimal.

hothardware.com/news/tsmc-5nm-node-doubles-density-amd-ryzen-3000-7nm

INTEL POZZED HOUSEFIRES BTFO

Literally worse than bulldozer?

I think Intel will stay pozzed forever, it's game over.

>ayymd poos coping
Prove it then, if it's so easy why don't you little fuckers do it eh?

Attached: 1557854036211.jpg (1050x1418, 955K)

>some faggot on Jow Forums can't do it
>it can't be done

Yep. it's already happening.

Attached: 1506977929561.png (200x200, 45K)

Why doesn't Intel just, you know, bribe the laws of physics to get their pozzed shit to 10GHz? :-)

I came here to laugh at the triggered intel shills, and did not leave disappointed.

Attached: 1508975783581.jpg (400x381, 24K)

based