Why did no one tell me about this shit earlier?

Why did no one tell me about this shit earlier?

Attached: LineageOS-16-release-date-and-list-of-devices-expected-to-get-it.png (976x571, 21K)

its botnet

Fpwp

It's true. Google shills do post on Jow Forums

Attached: 1554405887478.jpg (228x221, 11K)

>tfw no support for my old smartphone
What is a good rom for security for old androids?

What phone? Check XDA and see if someone made an unofficial LineageOS ROM for your phone

everything is botnet in 2018+1, even ur mom

Mine is a galaxy j5(SM-J500M)

Holy shir that's old

yep
I only buy new smartphones when they break

You can just root and remove bloatware

the trash bin

Just installed this on my S5 and holy shit i dont need a new phone anymore.

Wise, choice sir... Wise choice

>lineage shills

Android is shit anyways, just use the default one.

>maintainer drama effectively prevented my phone from getting official pie support
fuck poos
I guess I am not any better for not knowing anything beyond flash shit made by poos but fuck the poos regardless

I had it since v14. I probably won't move from galaxy s5 for another 4-6 years, even if it stops being updated.

If your phone has treble you can use GSI which is a stock android ROM that works on any treble device.

>GSI
How does this work? I can just flash generic ROMs on treble-supported devices? Won't there be specific kinks for every phone model (which is why we have device maintainers in the first place)?

>specific kinks for every phone model
It will work on devices that have standardized hardware. Yes, there won't be device specific camera optimizations and the DPI will need additional tweaking in developer options after you install it (easy fix), but it will generally work fine. I don't know about devices with meme hardware like dual screens or the razer LEDs.

If my shitty 2013 galaxy grand prime that overheats when I use chrome has a lineage build, I'm pretty sure yours does too.

Look around in XDA

>galaxy j5 old
>released in 2015

That sounds amazing and all, but I still have doubts about generic builds being stable enough for day-to-day. I guess it can be a nice alternative for me 2-3 years down the line when absolutely no ROMs are being developed for my shitty chink phone.

Have you used GSI builds? How were they?

You are like a little baby. Watch this.
*Installs Treble AOSP with custom kernel*

>no support for my chinkphone
I just use ASOiP instead. Cringe bootup animation but otherwise its great

>cringe boot animation
Worse than Dirty Unicorn?

>which is why we have device maintainers in the first place
We have them because Treble didn't exist so you needed to manually do a lot of bullshit for each device. Devices with Treble are forced to use a certain standard specifically to support things like GSI, so device maintainers wouldn't be needed or would be reduced to just fixing some specific bugs which you can maintain withing a single shell script.

It works fine. There's nothing to be "unstable". All common software and hardware will work.

Why is Jow Forums so obsessed with placebo?

It's not a placebo if he was previously using a trash ROM such as TouchWiz 2.0.

>2015
>Not old

Too bad half the devices it runs on aren't maintained properly. With my Galaxy S4, it breaks 4g, randomly reboots, hardware video decoding doesn't work right, cuts battery life to 25%, and sometimes runs slow as shit for no good reason. As stupid as the stock ROM is, at least it works properly most of the time.

And then you find out some phones had stupid bullshit done to them, like e-fuses that will never let you roll back. The Galaxy S3 can never accept a custom ROM once updated to the latest official ROM. Samsung is that fucking awful.

Alright Ni/g/gers, I'll do it.
Do I install normal Lineage or the MicroG projects fork?

Pure android 9 is beautiful.
I cant take photos with the shitty Lineage camera but I dont have friends so who cares

I still use it on my redmi note 3 snapdragon which I bought a few months after launch. (lineage support for it was dropped a while ago though so it never made it to oreo so i'm still using the last nougat rom they released). Works great. Also even after like 3 years the battery still works like new shit's crazy.