What the fuck is wrong with this shit?

What the fuck is wrong with this shit?

I'm running this on a 17-year-old computer. But even then, this is not normal, right?

Attached: WP_20190517_16_02_26_Pro (2).webm (640x360, 989K)

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=0JI9LmB1FZY
twitter.com/AnonBabble

>What the fuck is wrong with this shit?
DEs are garbage
>I'm running this on a 17-year-old computer
That's why
>But even then, this is not normal, right?
No that's pretty normal

so this... is the power of GNU + Linux... whoa....

It's normal. Looks like you are running in framebuffer mode and the flickering is from the redraw as you move the terminal window.

truly vintage

17 years old is pretty old

I had the same problem with lxterminal on a integrated intel GPU, however xterm worked perfectly.

...what do you expect from something with less computing power than a smartwatch?

faster may be lubuntu

go with puppy,damn small linux, or fucking netbsd those shits will probably run on your toaster

It takes like two or three seconds to move a window. WTF

kek

You're running without GPU acceleration, you dumdum. Look up the Debian thread on Macrumors.
Besides, weren't you running OpenBSD on the thing?

What the fuck. How do you know all this.

No, it isn’t.

This. You are using software drawing, which is quite slow, especially on an older machine that will have a simpler instruction set. Sort out your drivers and use hardware drawing.

would help if you described your issue because i see 2 and can't tell which one is troubling you
protip: looks like exavsync or undervolting

and no it's not xfce

Because only 14" iBook G3s have the microphone in that part of the bezel, you're the only one on Jow Forums with an iBook G3 and I frequent the ppc subforum of Macrumors.
We also know each other. Few people in here, remember?

Please be patient, it is doing it's best!

based windows phone user

ebin

Attached: mrrobot_s02ep12_elliot-623x432.jpg (623x432, 22K)

youtube.com/watch?v=0JI9LmB1FZY

kek

its the same on a new pc if you run nvidia. xfce is shit ,nvidia is shit and xorg is shit.

btw you can probably set it up to not show window content while dragging and it will work fine from there if you dont want to tinker around.

>17 year old machine
>DE
Use a wm idiot.
On windows low end computers from this year are nonfunctional, let alone computers from 17 years ago. How stupid are you wintoddlers?

>using xfce
>using a 17-year-old computer
You need KYS, fucking faggot

ok guys, this is epic. Someone please call the Hinternet Istorian to produce a magnificent video on this misty happening!

I ran Windows 8 on a socket 478 Pentium 4
Shit was cash actually

Looks like compiz wobbly windows on a 17 year old computer.

Attached: 1510347508367.png (603x452, 188K)

>17-year-old computer
Try E16 or E22, WMaker, Litestep.

GNU/Linux is worthless by design for old hardware because of the obsession most distros have with “bleeding edge” (bloated) shit software made by developers who consider anything older than 2016 outdated and not worth being considerate towards.

I'm assuming that is an ibook G4.You need to install "firmware-linux-nonfree" package to get the radeon drivers.

Unless that's an ibook G3, in which case, you're fucked.

z970, is that you?

Attached: lil nibba.jpg (400x327, 27K)

Nope.

fug now I want to know

I'm just a lurker. I might make an account in the near future since I have what I believe to be the fastest beige G3 in existence and the community would probably benefit from the pics I took of my naked Encore /ZIF G4 1GHz, among other things. But I tend to abandon forum accounts, so I'm not so sure.

Turn off compositor.

>Winodws 8
Wintoddlers need to use deprecated versions just to use it on old hardware.
made up nonsense.

>Wintoddlers need to use deprecated versions just to use it on old hardware
quite a few linux distros work in this same manner, you fucking dense cunt. try installing a recent release of ubuntu on a 17yr+ computer and let me know if you make it past the installation stage or first bootup before it completely shits itself.

you probably have 2 instances of compton running

kill all the composite desktop and enjoy

Try running anything but a cut-down toy distro full of outdated garbage like DSL or Puppy on OP’s shit, modern free software is bloated as fuck like anything else and is a terrible choice for that hardware, as most of the morons on Jow Forums who whine about how “slow” hardware like this is have found out.

Run the shit your machine was built to run.

user is so smart

>18
wow, one off xD

distros literally don't matter, all of them come with stripped down versions where you can install your own window manager in place of a DE like i3 or dwm and use basically no resources. My 2012 thinkpad runs lightning fast with i3. I doubt either of you have even used GNU/linux before.

>2012 ThinkPad
Do you even know what we’re talking about ITT? You’re a fucking retard.

it might be because linux is a huge poo poo :)

Have you never used debian with a simple WM? I put sid with fluxbox on my ibook G3 500 Mhz, and it idles with 76 mb of RAM used. If that isn't light weight, I don't know what is.

I see how little resources that it uses in htop and be sure that it would work on an even bigger toaster, you fucking retard.

Yeah, and then what did you actually do with it? I run a number of lower-end systems with Debian and NetBSD mostly as servers for which they are very adequate, but as desktops they are garbage, because all of the desktop software worth using on GNU/Linux is bloated as hell, while the lightweight alternatives are forgotten, poorly maintained or just plain shitty compared to their fully featured commercial counterparts you can get on the operating systems the machines were actually built for.

>But even then, this is not normal, right?

I recommend an Exorcist OP

Name specific programs which have no lightweight alternatives and do things you could reasonably expect a toaster to actually do.

Given that you consider a fashion accessory laptop from 2012 to be equivalent to a Pentium II-class machine from 2003, I don’t think you really know dick about resources or how they are consumed beyond endlessly talking about how little RAM your hipster Arch setup uses just after a cold boot. Fuck off while the adults converse.

When did I ever say they were equivalent?

Why did you mention it at all then if it was irrelevant to the discussion?

I don’t know where you got the idea that anyone said there were no lightweight alternatives, the point is that they are shit and not worth using, hence why you aren’t dailying Puppy right now.

How would I know the CPU and RAM usage is low if I had never used one? I didn't mean the fact that it works on my thinkpad proves it will work on an older toaster but I've looked at how low the CPU and RAM usage is before.
I use Arch with i3 daily. It would probably work on OP's toaster. Even Ubuntu worked on my Mother's 2006 toaster when I tried it. I'm thinking of switching to dwm and using Surf as my web browser to be even lighter. The lightweight software is the best on Linux.

Are you ever going to actually read the thread or are you just here to fish for backpats because you don’t stand out enough among all of your doppelgängers in the Screenfetch thread? We get it that you do literally nothing with your machine but shitpost on Jow Forums and remind people you use Arch, which OP’s machine won’t even boot.

>DEs are garbage
>t. underage NEET

linux HAHAHAHAAHHAHAHAHAHAHXXXXXDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDD

>t. consumerist retard

You can use something newer than a 17 year old PC and not be a consumerist

cope

Yeah, confirmed. You are a retard.

the fuck does bleeding edge have to do with bloated