Raspberry Pi 4 coming in July 2019

The only differences are two of the four USB ports being USB 3.0, full-speed Gigabit Ethernet, USB-C charging port instead of micro-USB, slightly higher power usage, and new SoC with 2x Cortex-A73 cores (clocked at 1.5 GHz) and 4x Cortex-A55 cores.

Attached: 14643-Raspberry_Pi_3_B_-05.jpg (600x600, 253K)

Other urls found in this thread:

systemrequirementslab.com/cyri/requirements/crysis/10652
compulab.com/2019/02/20/compulab-introduces-ucm-imx8m-mini-the-smallest-i-mx8-system-on-module-on-the-market/
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

>tfw I have no clue what I'm looking at
>applied to computer science program

how fucked am I anons

Attached: thick.jpg (300x168, 11K)

What don't you understand?

would an sbc be able to have a full use (data/display/charging) usb c?
thunderbolt 3?

its a computer user.

Not in a low cost SBC like Pi. The Thunderbolt controller costs like half of the entire board, and what are you gonna do with 40 Gbps on a phone-tier SoC?

as nice as this sounds, do you have a source?
or is this the usual baseless speculation?

Pretty eff'd in the a tbqh. Niiiice digits doe

maybe it can run n64 games now, that'd be dope.

I just want a Gigabit Wi-Fi. Is that so hard?

Attached: f92189bdd3cac245ec2f15168d56e19d.jpg (1487x1104, 98K)

can ac wifi deliver gigabit? Never used one of these. I mean even those 300mbit n standard where never even close

[citation needed]
Also, didn't the Raspberry CEO confirmed that they were working on a RPi4 but that there are no plans to release before 2020?

Only if you have 4xMIMO receiver and an ultra-high end access point that actually can reliably do 4xMIMO, you're exactly 6 ft away from the access point, and you're in a sealed electro-magnetic test chamber with zero outside signal interference.

Put one extra gig of RAM you fucking doofuses

>Dedicated gigabit
>USB 3 ports
If the gigabit is actually, trult separate from the USB bandwidth, it just made the pi all the better. Stupid slow HDD speed over USB sharing bandwidth with Ethernet made it's use as an NAS terrible. This still isn't optimal, but now you could easily run an HDD in an enclosure over USB 3.0. with full gigabit, even only 25MB/s isn't bad.

Kind of wish they made a model similar to the oDroid stuff that has EMMC onboard. Far superior than using microSD for boot

Are the USB ports still completely useless?

>If the gigabit is actually, trult separate from the USB bandwidth
haha nice one

make the fucking camera boards not flimsy pieces of shit that break 90 percent of the time. fuck the sunny connectors and just solder that bitch on permanently

Just use a Banana Pro

>apply to driving instructor job
>first day
>lol what's that?
>a car.

>tfw NoIR camera board doesn't even have IR LED lights and GPIO pins don't supply enough power to drive IR LED array lights necessary to actually use the Pi NoIR camera in dark

This.

OP is taking a break from sucking cocks. RPi4 is a long way away.

I assume as usual this is based on random guesswork by some trash blog or youtube celebrity who made a 10min video on it?

>2019
>only now getting full gigabit speed when 10g is becoming the norm

>no link

RPi4 won't be out sooner than second quarter 2020. No legit specs exist.

How about just have a slot for extra RAM the user can add if needed?

So are they going to get rid of the Broadcom shit or not?

RPi is a project that started out of Broadcom's UK research lab. Broadcom continues to give RPi unprecedented access to driver sources and preferential pricing because SoC sales to RPi gives the baseline demand Broadcom needs to reach a minimum sales volume to keep their embedded SoC business viable. Basically, RPi is unlikely to use non-Broadcom SoCs.

>How about just have a slot for extra RAM the user can add if needed?

Yeah, that would be even better, a nice SODIMM slot.

can it run crysis?

rasberry pi and similar computers have nothing to do with CS. and even if you enrolled in something where it might be relevant like EE or CompE, they'll teach you all about it.

does the ethernet interface still go through USB?

>so-dimm hat supporting up to 16GB

Find out, systemrequirementslab.com/cyri/requirements/crysis/10652

The CPU is more powerful than the Librem 5's i.MX8 Quad

Attached: HIT ME ON THE GROUND.webm (1280x720, 383K)

What mini humans assembled for a living.

Attached: anime-kompiuter-sistemnye-platy.jpg (2560x1440, 926K)

But then you'd be buying directly from chinks and not just indirectly from chinks.

they are so small, haha
imagine them crawling inside your urethra while you're asleep haha

oh, shit

>USB 3.0
>Gigabit Ethernet
Okay, nice.
>USB C
I'm not buying anything that uses this flimsy bullshit connector.
>two more cores with an extra 100MHz
>"slightly higher" (double) power draw
Fuck that. I'll keep my 3B+

>onboard EMMC
Disgusting. I want an mSATA slot or an SD card. I'm not about to buy a new one when the flash storage dies. That shit is gay. I don't care if the thing is $40. I want modularity, not a goddamn iPad where everything is soldered

Literally the only thing that makes the whole rpi series more successful than the competition is the fact that software support is just shit opposed to being extremely close to non existent like with its competitors.

>only differences
>pretty much everything that matters
Noice, glad I held out upgrading my model 2.

You're forgetting about the community support, extra modules, and all the cases and accessories built for them.

Well if you want real hardware and real support you'd better be willing to pay >$100
I took a hard look at the absolute STATE of SBCs when I was shopping around for some router hardware.
If you want anything close to resembling a modular computer using fast and modern components, it's in the area of $200.

And that's why I hate Wifi and use Etherner ...

I guess, yeah.

I just find it weird how there's this segment of the market that would like to have something maybe up to a hundred bucks, with just a bit more power and made from parts with linux drivers around that just doesn't seem to exist.

This.

It's only for EE.

>still no PoE

Attached: 1546462011480.png (857x720, 709K)

Software and support is what REALLY matters in the world of tech, hardware/ISA/price is very much secondary.
I like my Rpi exactly because when I run in to a issue I can find info on it in a few seconds, the amount of support the thing has both official and community is really really fucking good.

Yeah that would be amazing

Into the trash it goes

..A ...Ī¬Ê>./.ûw9ö.GÊ.

not him but I'm planning on building a tablet
having full use type c would be very helpful

I still have my Pi 3 B+
I like it but I've used it enough to know its limitations
I don't even run Raspbian on it just Ubuntu server
what SBC should I get next, one with a little more ass?

Attached: apu in car.jpg (728x483, 31K)

jews are at it again
compulab.com/2019/02/20/compulab-introduces-ucm-imx8m-mini-the-smallest-i-mx8-system-on-module-on-the-market/

Attached: UCM-iMX8M-Mini-System-on-Module[1].png (600x265, 268K)

Odroid-N2?