So I'm running arch linux and I pirated devil may cry 5...

So I'm running arch linux and I pirated devil may cry 5. The game didn't require an install so as far as I'm aware playonlinux is useless.

I got it to run with wine and could play it well but the game saves aren't working. How do I get the game saves to work?

Attached: arch.png (186x186, 3K)

Is there a config file to specify a saves location? It's probably looking for a path that doesnt exist

also install gentoo

install windows

I remember reading something about this on the Proton GitHub tracker. Wine was fucking up with creating savestates because it couldn't create the folder that they were stored in

Can't remember what Wine version this was fixed in

I've never heard of pirating on Linux before, is that a thing?

also
>How do I get the game saves to work?
buy it

There's a file called WIn64_save with a .bin file in it. There's only 1 config file and that's to edit video settings.
>install gentoo
Sure, after I get comfortable with arch

We've come full circle

>buy it
nah

This is the reason developers dont want to make games for linux

literally install Lutris u fucking dumbnigger

>I've never heard of pirating on Linux before
It's been a thing longer than you think.
There used to be a time when playing games on linux meant tracking down a Loki installer and the VERY FUCKING SPECIFIC version of the game that was compatible with it.
As you may now know, most Loki games never got past beta and their compatibility is highly limited.
Realistically the only way to get most games to work (most are still super buggy, like the Serious Sam games getting you stuck in the floor and flipping your view 90 degrees) was to pirate it.

Are you trying to imply Windows users don't pirate games?

OP here. My mistake there is another config file with the save location. Just wondering how to get it to work now.

No but the majority of linux gaymers are freetards and pirates who dont respect the developer or the game itself because muhh FOSS and muhhh proprietary software

Have you tried paying for it?

Kinda, but not for the reasons you think.
If you follow indie devs on places like twitter, you can quite often see them complaining how Linux users are 5% of sales but 50% of complaints.
It's just a pain in the ass to support, so it's not worth it.

I'm poor atm

Wondering if I should create a NTFS partition and move the game there to get the save directory to work

>If you follow indie devs on places like twitter, you can quite often see them complaining how Linux users are 5% of sales but 50% of complaints.
Whatever indie dev you're talking about just made a garbage port and then blamed Linux for it.

Someone hasn't used Linux software before!
Just try running something made for GTK1 on a modern system.
Any and all backwards compat on Linux is shit beyond belief, and by backwards compat I mean anything that isn't in your distros current repos.

>Try to run a win16 binary on a modern system.
That's how retarded you just sounded.

Okay, I've given up. I might buy it when I get paid

Ah yes when something runs bad on linux its the developer's fault for making a shitty port rather than the OS's problematic and inferior design

Win16 is quite a bit different and can still be done on 32-bit systems. Also, GTK1 isn't even remotely as old.
Making XMMS run on modern systems was a pain in the ass 7 years ago. I've no reason to believe it has change since then.
It's not just about having to run the right version of one thing, it's about the right version of everything.
Linux is dependency hell at its worst. Oh you wanna run this program? It's gonna require this library which requires this and this library which require specific versions of this program and this library. Can't get em? Sorry, no can do.
And the worst part of course is getting them in the worst place. For the most part shit like Win16 programs can run in almost any Win16 environment, whether it be eCom or 3.11 or 9k. Very few things required specific patches.
On linux on the other hand? Good fucking luck!
You'll either be building the ENTIRE fucking system scratch or you ain't getting shit done cause one of your packages just so happens to rely on an obscure kernel feature that's been deprecated since 2.6.

Completely forgot to mention the worst part about old linux shit!
Wanna try to run your shit in a VM? It's gonna be just as difficult as on real hardware! That's because Linux shit has so many fucking external dependencies. And since the repos for whatever ancient distro are likely to be down, and the source control for your the packages you need only goes back a decade since that's when they switched to git, it means you're shit outta luck!
Better have a complete set of old Red Hat discs if you wanna try this.

>needing saves
What are you, casul?

install BSD

Listen, OP, if you wanna play games these are your options:
1. Play native linux games
2. Install steam os as dualboot and pay for your games
3. Dualboot windows and pirate games.
If you want steam on your distro thats fine, just dont install stupid things like wine. Its disgusting and you shouldnt do it.

No reason to install SteamOS when you can just install the steam client, there are no extra features other than it booting directly into the big picture client.

>I'm poor
>he uses linux
Yeah we can tell you're poor

PERMISSIONS... thats all I will say

ho ho ho look this faggot

Attached: too-bad.jpg (286x400, 33K)

Everytime.

>wine
use proton retard

If you are using GNU/Linux just stream the games from your gaming PC. That's what I do for games that are comfy that way. shootan games I like to actually sit at a "real" computer instead of play in my bed laptop but casual games are nice with Steam streaming.

Attached: 2019-05-17-214127_3840x2160_scrot.png (3840x2160, 3.01M)

>stream the games
dmc5 would be hell with even minor lag

never heard of it, but that's what I was talkin about with not doing fps games over it. Whatever OP's gay anime game is may be bad too but it's the price you pay whe---oh right OP's a faggot freetard that steals software

>kdbloat
>chromeware
>spyviewer
>dropnsa
>etc
just go back to wangblows

Attached: 1523379499058.jpg (580x346, 47K)

but spinnan cubez and drawing on the screen with fire an shit

Attached: 2019-05-17-220445_3840x2160_scrot.png (3840x2160, 3.65M)

just go back to windows