OTG USB

So I need a phone that works with OTG USB and can be charged at the same time with cable as in pic related.
Currently have a few phones and any that will OTG will not OTG and charge at that same time... some will charge but then not do OTG or do OTG then not charge.
Why is this so hard to find... seems an obvious feature to allow.
Shill me an Android phone that can do OTG+Charge simultaneously - preferably something current and if possible

Attached: OTG.jpg (1000x1000, 44K)

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=pH895umr0UA
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

Bump because I need to know...

Attached: serveimage.jpg (800x328, 31K)

I don't know man, but bump

According to a random post on stackexchange, this is a kernel limitation, so you'd have to flash a custom kernel to make it work.
You could consider just using a wireless charger, though, so that no adapters are needed.

Every phone with wirless charging.

get a phone with a decent battery instead
18h SoT masterrace here

i've seen posts saying you can solder across pins some 100k resistor to make it work - but I also seen posts saying its different value for different phones!
Why would you do this to a kernel?
I've seen it work on Tablets.... do they have different kernels? Would Replicants kernel work?
I would prefer cable charging but wireless was my shit back up plan...
Any cheap-ish OTG USB phones with wireless charging or is that still $$$?

Pics related - these guys sell cables - some kit must work without the resistor hack (which im trying to avoid, also would rather not have to root phone).

I want to try and find an out the box solution if possible??

Attached: serveimage.jpg (800x800, 77K)

I need a 365 day uptime... I don't need 500lbs of battery.

are you sure a smartphone is the right thing to use?

not him but what phone?

yeh in many ways its ideal for my project, but as long as it can be powered 24/7.
size is an issue... low power, 4g, bluetooth, wifi, otg usb, all needed - also smartphone has 12hr ups built in!

the resistor hack... but how would this stop the kernel from being able to charge or not?

Attached: serveimage2.png (800x690, 8K)

Look for chink phones that use barrel jack, because they cheaped out on USB charger.

USB OTG spec says that the phone must provide bus power, so no charging.

gemini pda, not less than $500 and has a keyboard but the 4g version is technically an android phone

There are android phones that can OTG but have a barrel jack charging solution??? This is news to me I can't find this unicorn.... any model come to mind?

Attached: serveimage.jpg (800x800, 18K)

Chink android tablets have this often, check ebay for android and sort by price. Bottom of the barrel will be.
Anyway, what's the project? You want some shit running 24/7? Does it need to be portable?

So just for further info, it seems you can trick phones into OTG+charge by making them enter docking mode (for charging station and playing audio through speakers) this is with a 60k - 200k resistor crossing pins 4+5 (not just shorting them as this then goes full OTG no charge mode).
youtube.com/watch?v=pH895umr0UA

Thanks - ill have a look, idealy I want a phone more than a tablet - tab is too big... (no bigger than Samsung J6 ideally)
Im setting up a custom solar power security system.

Take the battery out, supply 3.7V (or whatever was the bat) instead of it.

Attached: 8c67a3e02f41441dae98f8b91c792c1e1b4afef1_770a5842.jpg (800x600, 34K)

Yes has been a consideration for me but phone is more convenient package with UPS built in - also when adding 4G it probably is slightly more odd bulky than a mobile phone.
I should get a pi and try some stuff with that tho as well...