Winfags will defend this

>winfags will defend this

Attached: windows.png (529x59, 4K)

>being this mentally retarded

>using windows 10

Attached: bv5pabi7a5j01.png (645x773, 37K)

W10 is shit, but LTSC fixes this.

The antimalware tool though is a pain in the ass, just a waste of memory and you can't end the process.

The amount of vulnerabilities in Windows Defender is hilarious

It's a true piece of shit, I can't even make it go away via regedit, the permissions are locked down.

I fucking hate the kikes and Pajeets that made this piece of shit.

Are you guys sure you're not mentally handicapped? I mean windows is practically an OS for toddlers yet you guys seem to be struggling quite a bit there.

Attached: defender.png (686x636, 17K)

I mean the options are LITERALLY a few clicks away.

Attached: data_collection.png (686x636, 26K)

If I wanted to find hidden options to tinker with I'll just install Linux you stupid retarded pajeet

This bullshit happened to me too even with LTSC

But they're not hidden, things like group policy editor, task scheduler, services, boot options, firewall, ect are literally the first things you will find when googling "computer borked, how fix?". When I was in middle school I already know how to use super ultra basic programs like ffmpeg/diskpart.

Are people really THAT tech illiterate? Doing things like clicking through group policy is akin to clicking through instagram/facebook to find the local whores in my area. It's super easy, you don't even have to use the CLI, just click some fucking buttons like you do on a stupid phone.

Attached: 1457944903510.jpg (130x150, 17K)

Also DON'T quote me on this or I'll gut you like a fish when you go to sleep but I haven't seen MSRT poke its head anywhere and it doesn't show up in task scheduler after I disabled wankblows defender and set telemetry to 0 in LTSC.

Attached: 1467064861574.jpg (1280x720, 248K)

No. Win10 silently reverts back or completely ignores settings Microsoft don't want to be changed. Gtfo with your pozzed bullshit

werks on my macheen

>Telemetry
imagine the smell

>only a minimal amount
You can't even fully disable telemetry on an OS you fucking "paid" for. The absolute state of windows kek

>werks on my macheen
[Citation needed]

Not in LTSC, you can keep everything permanent.

Not to say it isn't a piece of shit though, I still hate LTSC as well.

It's sort of like Windows 8 ----> 8.1, both shit but 8.1 is less shit.

I remember at the beggining of Win10 LTSB Microsoft ignoring settings and reverting them back. Sending telemetry back to Microsoft even with telemetry on 0 or 1 back then.

Maybe they fixed it now because there's no outrage over it but fuck Windows and fuck Microsoft

Source? I know this happens with registry editor because group policy and task scheduler outrank it and can modify it. However I have NEVER seen my group policy/task scheduler settings change on their own after having LTSC for about half a year.

I don't care, I want a functional computer that can run win32 software without a heap of WINE and incompatibility problems. I know microsoft still collects a tiny bit of data when I set telemetry to 0 but switching to linux has been such a pain in the ass I'm not even going to try anymore.

Also my computer is a piece of shit yet with LTSC when I'm not using it I have 1-2% CPU usage, 0% disk usage, 0% network usage like in pic related. Can you find me a linux distro that idles with 0% CPU usage with a CPU that can barely keep up with modern day celery processors?

Attached: Untitled.png (1366x738, 36K)

Did you set them in regedit or gpedit?

>half a year
Well I'm talking about 1 year and a half or 2 years

Back then there was so much stuff one had to do I just canned Microsoft and went full Linux

Well I asked because is right. I asked our sysadmin in our department about registry edits being mysteriously undone after a while and he pointed out that task scheduler and group policy can do that. In my case task scheduler was disabled in services to be sure and after a few other nerdy shit he does he found a network thing was running every 6 hours that would change the registry if it detected a change.

Anyway I'm half tech illiterate but isn't linux specifically designed for people who are NOT tech illiterate? If you couldn't catch what our sysadmin catched then it sounds like you might be one of use. Not saying you should stop using linux if that's your thing, just pointing out irony.

>gpedit still not available on Home

It's fucking terrible, I disabled it, I recommend everybody does.

I swear it seems people choose to be fuckng tech illiterate when it comes to Windows
There are about a billion tools just within Windows, GUI tools no less, to configure and diagnose problems with a billion more made by Microsoft and yet people still fucking use Google when they have a bluescreen and try to use regedit hacks to configure something

Did you just took a jab at me for being a brainlet who couldn't make Windows work like I wanted while simultaniously admitting Linux is even more technical? That's funny because I have no problem with Linux. Ironic.

Install Windows 8.1 + Classic Shell & OldNewExplorer

I honestly can't explain that, I've shied away from linux specifically because of how technical it can get since you essentially have to run everything from a terminal.

Windows can't be redeemed
It reminds me of unholy organism cannibalizing itself and covered in multiple recursive tumors
They spent a decade to improve the update process and it only gets worse and worse
WSL2 is a writing on the wall
They'll buy Canonical
MS will commit exodus to a GNU distribution with a Linux-compatible NT kernel
They'll code name it Astoria but will call it just "Windows" in the end
Bottom text

Yeah let's break decades of compatibility with countless business programs that have been bringing them billions
Freetards are legitimately stupid

Neither can linux desu. Right now I wouldn't be the least bit surprised if the total number of distros exceeded 1,000. The entire linux community should be deeply ashamed they couldn't focus on a single desktop oriented linux based desktop OS. Because everyone wanted to be a special snowflake now you have linux fragmented so heavily it looks like it has cancer. The only people who are ever going to take it seriously are those who need it for servers and even then focus is made to RHE.

This, in the end people just want their computer to "just werk" and not have to worry about if linux distro #319827304172 is going to have the same incompatibilities and instabilities like linux distro #3127340173 but just as much performance as linux distro #512387402374.

Attached: 232px-Linux_Distribution_Timeline.svg.png (232x1020, 166K)

>No. Win10 silently reverts back or completely ignores settings Microsoft don't want to be changed.
Hahahahahaha. No. There are settings it tells you it will revert after a period of time, but settings in like gpedit don't just revert themselves.

At least not until an update reverts them or changes the meaning of the setting.

>not using LTSC
Nope, not even going to defend it, retards deserve it.

Attached: Laughing Whore.jpg (762x900, 161K)

Not how enterprise software works. But believe whatever you want.

Security updates don't do that.
If you claim otherwise, post source.

im a winfag and i dont defend windows 10 poo

7/xp or death

Attached: 1556402353890.png (544x544, 533K)

I hate Windows 10.

>beat the enemy by becoming the enemy

Attached: 1557104117452.jpg (650x433, 50K)

>age of data harvesting
>win10 built from the ground up with it in mind
>closed source so one cannot actually know what it's doing in the background
>believe me goy, microsoft is lawful good

Attached: 1555093925612.jpg (921x640, 100K)

Use a whitelist firewall you retard

>expecting the normies and zoomers that browse this board to know any of these things
They're the equivalent of every twitch streamer and youtuber who's popular. They want to turn it on and it just works. If they get a new computer/new OS then they won't sit down for 20 minutes to make it work the way they want it to work.

They will however spend hours of their life complaining and arguing about operating systems on the internet.
Kinda sad, but you should know that you're already extinct, old man.

Attached: everything will be fine.jpg (1280x960, 206K)

>>gpedit still not available on Home
>he didn't pirate pro versions of the OS
>he didn't get a free win 10 pro or + key from MS
lmaourlifekiddo.
You must be a kid, or a manchild who clung to Windows 7 until now. They're the only ones who never got free keys.

Use windows server and disable some services, and block microsoft's telemetry on your router.
Windows update should always be done manually too

The whole point of Linux is that if you don't like the way a distro does something you can go do it your own way. Even with all the fragmentation, most of the hundreds of distros are just reflavors of a few main ones.

laughing hard at the amount of butthurt freetards ITT who cant comprehend you can turn with 12 clicks LTSB or LTSC into an actual usable OS that shits on any loonix distro

this was posted the other day: >Windows 10 AME (Ameliorated) - What Is This Project?
>Windows 10 AME aims at delivering a stable, non-intrusive yet fully functional build of Windows 10 to anyone, who requires the Windows operating system natively. Spyware systems, which are abundant in Windows 10 by default, have not been disabled using group policy, registry entries or various other workarounds – they have been entirely removed and deleted from the system, on an executable-level. This includes Windows Update, and any related services intended to re-patch the system via what is essentially a universal backdoor. Core applications, such as the included Edge web-browser, Windows Media Player, Cortana, as well as any appx applications, have also been successfully eliminated. The total size of removed files is about 2 GB.
>Great effort has been invested in maintaining the subsequent system’s stability, bug-free operation and user experience, as many of these removed services conflict with core Windows 10 features.

Attached: ameliorated.jpg (1920x770, 364K)

$0.02 has been deposited into your account and you've been promoted to a level 5 techneecian.

just install one of the leftmost distros and ignore the meme ones, simple as that

>b-but muh freedom of choice

I have turned this shit off 5 times on my Windows machine, yet after every update my disk goes back to getting raped by Windows Defender.
Can you explain this?

You can say that about the whole Internet.

Attached: shill.png (1920x580, 84K)

>The entire linux community should be deeply ashamed they couldn't focus on a single desktop oriented linux based desktop OS.
That is stupid. There at least 4 big companies working on their distro. This nearly of impossible to they will join force and one distro. That like MS and Apple abandon their OSs and join forces with Linux Foundation and Google to make an OS to rules everything.
>b-but there many distros on Jow Forums
Jow Forums isn't a realistic face for tech as /v/ isn't a realistic face for the game industry. Most of the users are for memes and get angry.