He used Ubuntu Unity, why aren't you?

He used Ubuntu Unity, why aren't you?

Attached: 1555843754631.jpg (1151x721, 184K)

I would if it weren't deprecated. Any fork attempts have been lazy failures. The closest you'll ever get to it is ubuntu mate's mutiny.

Just ride out 16.04 for a while and hope there's a good fork by 2021

because fedora + kde exists

Fedora loves gnome

But I do.

Attached: 1556835510088.webm (568x318, 2.81M)

Because I'm not a schizo, user.

gnome is cool too

Terry always used defaults and never gave a damn about ricing or customization.

you mean like Torvalds? Or any other productive coder?
Ricing is for fags

Because Ubuntu Unity is a pile of shit

>install ubuntu studio LTS
>install i3
>get your business going
I don't know why you guys shit on ubuntu so much

This.

Well geniuses can use whatever they want and create wonders with it
If I were to step back to unity I wouldn't suddenly be more competent anyway. Copying geniuses doesn't suddenly make me a genius. I would even lose some actual productivity out of it.

Setting up a productive environment helps. Where is your masterpiece?

Spending less time than you save researching what makes your workflow faster and more convenient > Getting used to the defaults > Printing anime girls into terminals

>Where is your masterpiece?
I have a made ERP, nothing fancy but pays the bills

I'm a fucking nigger. I'm a black retard gorilla nigger who can't even write his own compiler. No divine intellect. 100% niggerlicious.

Same here yeah

And that's fine. But let's just admit that geniuses are able to get away with just about anything and that the everyone else won't reach that level no matter what we try to increase our productivity with.

Also getting a somewhat productive environment still helps us. It can be as simple as an ide, vim or tweaking a couple of key bindings or as complex as wm's and emacs. It's just that the people that rice with form over function in mind won't and never will achieve anything, but the general populace won't either with their plain Windows installs so it balances things out.

both are bloat

You sounds like a well adjusted person so let's just say that customization isn't ricing.

Contrary to popular belief, the people "achieving anything" usually use plain Windows and Mac installs too. Even the ones working for Pixar or NASA who do use Linux have plain Windows XP era desktops with in-house shit that somebody else set up for them.

Tiling WM Vim neckbeards are a fraction within a fraction of an unrelated minority, not some kind of fucking higher caste of intellectuals.

some call it bloat others call it feature complete :^)

he used the default. now you should use ubuntu gnome. Terry's didn't even care about your stupid flame wars about desktops

>Tiling WM Vim neckbeards are a fraction within a fraction of an unrelated minority, not some kind of fucking higher caste of intellectuals.
checked & kek'd
There's little to gain from deviating from the standard config. It's standard because it works