youtube.com/watch?v=69WFt6_dF8g

Want help?
>State the budget & CURRENCY
>List your uses e.g. Gaming, Video Editing, VM Work
>For monitors include purpose & graphics pairing
>NO Speccy or "bottleneck checkers"

CPUs based on current prices
>Athlon 200GE - HTPC, web browsing, bare minimum gaming
>R3 2200G - Light 30-60fps gaming(dGPU optional). 2400G if you want a CPU which can last into a GPU upgrade
>R5 2600/X - Good 60fps+ gaming & multithreaded use
>9700k - Wait for new patched benchmarks
>R7 2700/X - Best value high-end CPU on a non-HEDT platform
>Threadripper - HEDT

>BE AWARE that Microsoft, Apple, and others recommend disabling hyperthreading on Intel CPUs. Be aware that Intel tried to bribe researchers to delay releasing the vulnerability by an extra 6 months so they could do another stock sell off and release you scam 10th gen CPUs with HT.

>Avoid buying CPUs for the next week as zen 2 based CPUs are being announced in less than 10 days

RAM
>NEVER use only a single stick
>8GB - very light use, and/or if you don't mind closing programs regularly
>16GB - standard amount. If you have to ask if you need more, you don't
>CPUs benefit from fast RAM; 2800MHz+ is ideal. Check "more" for true latency formula

Graphics cards based on current pricing:
1080p
>RX 570/580 - value.
>1660 - Slightly better perf for more demanding games on high/maxed 60fps+;
> 1660Ti / 1070 / Vega56 - higher framerates
1440p (WQHD)
>1070Ti / Vega - 60-120fps+ in most games on high/maxed
>2070 Overclocked or Radeon VII - Worth considering
>2080Ti - higher framerates
2160p (4k)
>Radeon VII - weaker than 2080ti
>RTX 2080Ti - good, but poor value.

Other
>Consider a larger SSD (better GB/$) instead of small SSD & HDD
>M.2 is a form factor, NOT a performance standard
>PLAN BUILD AROUND YOUR MONITOR IF GAMING

rentry.co/pcbg-more

Prev

Attached: 1541524095576.jpg (1021x503, 168K)

Other urls found in this thread:

amazon.com/dp/B07L8BMN9W/ref=psdc_160354011_t3_B01FD8YJB4
newegg.com/p/N82E16811146077
newegg.com/his-radeon-hd-7950-h795qc3g2m/p/N82E16814161420?Description=his iceq&cm_re=his_iceq-_-9SIAGSC7F68950-_-Product
scan.co.uk/products/750w-corsair-rmx-series-rm750x-full-modular-80plus-gold-sli-crossfire-single-rail-625a-135mm-fan-atx
overclockers.co.uk/sapphire-radeon-rx-vega-56-pulse-8gb-hbm2-pci-express-graphics-card-11276-02-40g-gx-38f-sp.html
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

So I have the G.SKILL Flare X Series 16GB F4-3200C14D-16GFX module, it runs at 2400mhz right now. When I built my PC ages ago I set it to run at 3000mhz but for some reason after checking recently it skedaddled back to 2400mhz. I tried to manually overclock it to 3200mhz and set the latencies accordingly as described by the manufacturer and set the voltage to a recommended 1.350v, now I noticed curiously at the time that the voltage of the DRAM was only 1.2~v. Anyways fast forward to booting up I got a glore of start-up issues and BSOD's of various registry files and VGA issues and had to switch to HDMI to get any video. This instability disappeared after I set back my RAM to 2400mhz and higher latency clocks.

How do I get my RAM to run at the advertised speeds? XMP and memory try it! don't work. I'm afraid manually overclocking again might send me into another maelstrom of issues and instability

Attached: flying_bolt_by_sketchygerry_daztrem-fullview.jpg (1024x1024, 88K)

Should I buy an RTX 2060 or Vega 56? I haven't overclocked/undervolted in my life, but I am willing to learn if it will give me significant increases in performance.

How many intake fans and exhaust fans are ideal in a gaming PC?

Attached: wcpve33fnttttrp78e2a.jpg (940x500, 57K)

Two intakes, one exhaust

if you just want 1080p high fps out of the box, 2060. If you want to OC, play at 1440p, and have more wiggle room because of extra VRAM, V56.

I have the sapphire pulse v56, it's pretty good. Adjusting clocks and fan speed is easy with AMD wattman. Plus it's like 30-60 bucks cheaper than the 2060 now.

Anyone here tried Silicon Power's SSDs? How are the NVMes in comparison to other brands, like Adata?

>NEVER use only a single stick
why

Attached: worry me again.jpg (606x604, 118K)

I’m someone stupid and poor trying to get a SSD, never had one, where to look

second this

What is a good, modern, non-ricer tier micro atx case with disc drive bays, no RGB or glass nonsense, for once actually good fucking airflow

What mouse do I get anons? I've just been using a lenovo office mouse because it was free. I'm trying to spend under $100 on it.

Single Channel has slower bandwidth than Dual Channel so this translates into reduced performance using 1 stick.

Really depends on your if you want all the bells and whistles. Though I suppose there's a question of the quality of things like the mousewheel perhaps, always feels like mine have sensitivity issues after a while.

If I wanted to get one I would have to get this right?
amazon.com/dp/B07L8BMN9W/ref=psdc_160354011_t3_B01FD8YJB4

No, I used to have my SSD screwed in by one screw to the case.

Don't waste money on that. Just get an 860 evo for cheap.

fuck me got problem running MORHAU, mostly GPU and RAM getting fucked. any recommends for making it run more smoothly?

Get a wired g403 and it will never do you dirty
The wireless one is also great

do you guys think that memory compatibility problems will be gone with Zen2, or everyone will be searching for more b-die sticks?

Is 2080ti supposed to be in the OP post twice ?

>State the budget & CURRENCY
List your uses e.g. Gaming, Video Editing, VM Work
Music production with a little casual gaming on the side I guess.
>For monitors include purpose & graphics pairing
Music production and casual gaming

Smooth instrument recording is by the top priority here. I’m switching from >macs, which I’ve never had a single latency or recording issue with at all. That’s important to me if I’m gonna switch to a PC. Help?

That is a neat fact.

The Vega 56 is like $50 cheaper plus the games you can potentially resell, isn't it? As long as it's the Powercolor or Sapphire one, that's just better price:performance and can OC the same.

Silicon Power is fine as long as you're not getting their old 2D NAND models. So is Team Group, for that matter.
SSD brand doesn't matter much as their controllers and NAND all come from the same sources.

Yes. Many cards are posted twice for dif resolutions.

Uh it runs fine on an RX570 doesn't it? What do you have?

Can you wait for Zen2? It's being announced in 2 weeks and should be out within 2 months.

Memory compat problems are mostly already gone, especially if you use an MSI board...

I guess I could wait, yes. I’d prefer not to, but there’s nothing stopping me besides impatience

Post photos of your bios oc

Daily reminder to not fall for the AMD shill pushing vega because of muh 8GB of VRAM.
You need "enough" VRAM, for sure but extra VRAM does not give you any kind of performance boost, unlike an actually faster and more efficient architecture.

Attached: 6GB OF VRAM IS NOT ENOUGH YOU NEED A RADEON 7.jpg (2068x2664, 773K)

Found a very cheap cpu waterblock + pump combo.

Is this worse than a reservoir + pump combo?
I feel like attaching anything that might generate heat to a cpu block is dumb, but i might be wrong, you know?

>Yes goy, buy the $350 GPU, don't buy the $300 GPU that performs the same after undervolting and overclocking

Attached: 6GB OF VRAM IS NOT ENOUGH YOU NEED A RADEON 7 edition2.jpg (2112x2656, 988K)

Your personalities are overlapping.
You're making it too obvious you were the same guy who was ban evading.

Building an emulation box for my living room, what gpu would y'all niggas recommend for emulation up to 6th gen consoles (gc/Xbox/ps2) and some 5-10 year old games like nfs and phantasy star?
I'd like to run 4k@60 and quiet as possible. I'd also take 1080p@60 if it's far cheaper. Ayyymd preferred.

So after replacing my power supply and cleaning out my shit as good as I possibly could, applying new thermal paste, and installing another fan, my PC still crashes when trying to play games that aren't all that demanding. Specifically Borderlands 1 (not the HD remaster version). Used to be able to run it flawlessly with no issues at all, max settings on pretty much everything iirc so I figured it's a good starting point to benchmark my shit. I spoke to a guy at Best Buy about it today and he told me it sounds like an issue with the motherboard. Said something about the socket or capacitors? I don't remember which, honestly. Just got off work and I spoke to the guy almost 12 hours ago. Is the guy full of shit or could either of those things cause frequent crashing?

Anyway, I'm gonna try to roll with replacing the motherboard as the solution. If it doesn't work, then at least I'll sort of be forced to upgrade my entire setup since I built it in 2015 anyways, and even then most of the tech was already a year old or so. My second question is, what is a good motherboard replacement that I can fit in my case and that will fit my graphics card? The card is kind of humongous. The biggest standalone piece inside my tower by a good margin. It's my first and only build and a friend walked me through a lot of it so I'm not exactly sure how to shop for this stuff. Boxes are long gone.

Case: newegg.com/p/N82E16811146077

Graphics Card: newegg.com/his-radeon-hd-7950-h795qc3g2m/p/N82E16814161420?Description=his iceq&cm_re=his_iceq-_-9SIAGSC7F68950-_-Product

user, are you sure you didn't cherry-pick that specific game?
Because you're already showing only the 0.1% low for 1080p, presumably because the average and the 1% low don't fit the point you're trying to make.

Different user here, but I game @1440p 155Hz with a Vega64 (Strix) no problem. Settings are maxed except for ugly shit like ambient occlusion.
No AA obviously, as at this DPI level it isn't really necessary anymore. Relatively consistent frametimes, GPU never goes beyond 70°C.

Yeah the Geforce 2xxx series will be faster, but Vega and above do pack a punch and enable high frame rate gaming even at higher resolutions.

Of course he's not recommending the 2060 when the Vega 56 costs less right now. When the 2060 first came out, it was the better buy because it was cheaper than the 56. 2080=VII, though I can see why he'd recommend the card with more VRAM if all else is equal.

Are DIY laptops a thing? I keep thinking about building a PC, but I just can't justify juggling two or three separate parts when I need to work on the move.

Ofc they are.

Attached: pcbg.jpg (4032x3024, 1.05M)

Except I haven't been banned and this wont get deleted either.
But I guess when you take as "anybody who criticizes anything AMD be it products, fans, shills" then I guess it's very easy for you to lump everybody into one person.

>user, are you sure you didn't cherry-pick that specific game?
I just looked up the video somebody else posted last thread.
If you want to say cherry-pick you are in your right to do so as it's one game and I myself don't think 1 games good or bad performance should dictate somebodys purchase unless they really care about that game that much.

>Because you're already showing only the 0.1% low for 1080p, presumably because the average and the 1% low don't fit the point you're trying to make.
I don't get it, when you look at intel vs amd you guys always scream "look at the low 0.1% it stutters!
As soon as it's gpus and in favor of AMD you go that 0.1% doesn't matter, please make up your mind.
Incidentally I agree on the 0.1% mattering as who cares if you have 1000fps if your lows are in 20fps. As an exaggerated example.

>Of course he's not recommending the 2060 when the Vega 56 costs less right now.
If people find vega 56 for a siginificantly lower price, go for it.
But when that wasn't the case AMD shills spammed 6GB IS ENOUGH meme to hold people over until shit like this happened and navi comes out.
If vega 56 is significantly cheaper and with a custom cooler, go for it.
But don't go for it because MUH 6GB IS NOT ENOUGH meme.
Simple?

>2080=VII, though I can see why he'd recommend the card with more VRAM if all else is equal.
Radeon 7 is hotter thus louder. Something most users care about.
It also doesn't have ray tracing. Something some users care about.

>if I just reduce video settings I get different results
wow, what a revelation

Will next threadrippah use a new socket? I'd like to upgrade my 1920x to maybe something with 16 cores.

The heat of the pump is dumped into the water no matter where it is in the loop and it is an insignificant amount of heat.

I had that happen to me recently. But on my case my 3200 g.skill ripjaws went back to 2133 after almost 2 years of no issue. Also windows decided to detect 16gb but only use 8gb while the rest is "system reserved" and bios only detects one stick so it may be due to some fuckery from windows updates.

let me guess.... windows 10, why do you retards fall for this shit

Purpose: low-mid budget computer for VM, x86 Android, and 3D modeling and later rendering, maybe basic gaming in 1080p in downtime.

Recommended CPU, please.

Attached: 1557881648932.png (1024x768, 238K)

>>if I just reduce video settings I get different results
>wow, what a revelation
Nice retort. Benchmarks use highest settings to max out. We are talking about the OP's recommendations which are for real world use - which is often drastically different from benchmark use.

>compare 2060 vs vega 56
>6GB IS NOT ENOUGH!, but on higher rez, but on higher settings
>well here is a benchmarks that shows that's not the case
>YEAH WELL IF reduce video settings my vega 64 handles it fine!

Almost any GPU will handle almost any game fine if you reduce the settings enough.
That's not the point the point is relative performance between the two fucking cards.
And even then you did NOTHING to address the point of performance difference between the two cards, you just said buy vega because if you reduce video settings it will be fine.

I can't see the "first" scale of colors with my new monitor, I tried to fuck around with brightness and contrast but with no success, the only thing that seems working is an option called "Black Tuner". I guess it's the black equalizer. I can see them 1 click more than the default value, but everything get's retardedly more bright (not by much)

I'm using a VA panel

Attached: monitor.jpg (880x736, 64K)

Sounds like a corrupted SPD on one of the sticks.

Mag241C or similar?
The default "black tuner" gamma setting of 9 is way too low, 10 is pretty much spot on where it should be.

Which 1tb ssd?

correct MSI Optix MAG271CQR. I tried with 10, but everything get's more bright, looks like I need to drop the brightness even more

Try something like brightness 50, contrast 80

Just an idea but do you have adequate storage?
Sometimes games crash when you don't have enough free space on hard drives.

Mordhau was fucked in the last patch. It's running like shit for everyone.

Try breathing through your nose for once:
>Almost any GPU will handle almost any game fine if you reduce the settings enough.
Only to an extent, but yes.
>That's not the point the point is relative performance between the two fucking cards.
The point of the OP is to give you an inkling of what card would do well for your specific use case. I am saying that for high res high refresh gaming, a Vega is an option (not the only one of course)
>And even then you did NOTHING to address the point of performance difference between the two cards, you just said buy vega because if you reduce video settings it will be fine.
I never said buy Vega you illiterate fool. And yeah there is a performance difference. But there is also a price difference that should be taken into account.

I'll try to fiddle around with the settings, thanks

I dunno desu. It was all fine and dandy for so long.

Yeah? Shit breaks.
Get thaiphoon burner and try read the spd for both slots, see if it says "crc ok" at the bottom of the window.

how much is low-mid budget?
I'd say 2700X and RX570 as what you're doing is more CPU heavy but an RX570 can play any game fine just not always maxed.

What is your backlight setting at?

>PRICE DOESNT MATTER
kill yourself, dumb shill

16 gigs was the standard five years ago when I built my PC. Why hasn't it gone up?

Attached: speccy may.png (683x546, 33K)

I don't think there is a backlight settings, one thing I'm noticing right now is the bottom of the screen in more brighter than the top

Price fixing. The standard recommendation actually went back down to 8gb for a while because it got so expensive.

>You need "enough" VRAM, for sure but extra VRAM does not give you any kind of performance boost
That's wrong though. Games that dynamically scale available VRAM can use more and deliver faster in-game loading screens, less pop-in, etc.
Plus advanced eye candy settings that aren't really performance heavy but require more VRAM.

t. 1080 Ti user

There HAS to be a backlight setting. I've never heard of a monitor not having it.

This user is correct.

Attached: Ancient Chinese Merchant.png (193x262, 8K)

I bought some clevo laptop from my friend because he wanted something lighter and portable. The thing has a socketed i5 8400 desktop processor and 1050ti. Would the cpu be able to handle a 1080ti(any other gpu with similar performance/Navi) down the line once the laptop kicks the bucket?

Keyboard/Mouse (USB) hardware switch that supports keyboard or software shortcuts to switch?

Figured it was better here than /sqt/.

>6GB IS NOT ENOUGH!!!
>here is proof it's not an issue though
>PRICE DOESN'T MATTER HUH YOU NVIDIA SHILL
you fags are deplorable

>The point of the OP is to give you an inkling of what card would do well for your specific use case. I am saying that for high res high refresh gaming, a Vega is an option (not the only one of course)
Look at the OP, where is the 2060, where is the 2080? No where, because AMD shills like it that way.

>16 gigs was the standard five years ago when I built my PC. Why hasn't it gone up?
It has, depending on what kind of work you do. If you even think about using your browser nowadays then 16GB is a constant concern.

Honestly 24-32gb is the low-mid sweet spot right now.

just get any KVM

Look at the stores.
Where is the 2060 that's cheaper than Vega 56 or even close in price for a decent model?

should i buy a used gtx 1080?
i currently have a 1070 but im struggling to run games well at 2k.

got any proof?

POST THE IN-STORE PRICES

>>i currently have a 1070 but im struggling to run games well at 2k.
I have a 1070 Ti and a 1080. My target is 1440 and 120-165 and sometimes it struggles. For games aiming at 240~ it's a constant struggle.

I'd say spring the extra for a 1080 Ti and a CLC if you can, or look at RTX alternatives. 1080's alright but it's such a small upgrade. I personally don't think I'd ever upgrade just one GPU model up unless you're alright at the 2nd tier.

Any decent low cost KVM switches or places I should start to look? The physical switch on my current one is a huge bottleneck and software solutions have performed too poorly for me.

I just use an old iogear from the thrift store
hit scroll lock twice to switch screens

clc?

All-in-one or closed loop cooler, basically just watercooling for extra turbo/OC's since 1080 Ti runs AMD tier hot.

How much would you lot pay for two 1440p 60hz tn panels on a gas arm assembly?

>If you even think about using your browser nowadays then 16GB is a constant concern.
>Honestly 24-32gb is the low-mid sweet spot right now.
fuck off

RAMlet detected.

Attached: 1513573750127.jpg (700x483, 44K)

>Honestly 24-32gb is the low-mid sweet spot
So, 64GB must be a must have right now?

Attached: 1556665882067.jpg (228x248, 37K)

Because both intel and AMD let you have more than 16GB.
If intel only let you have 16GB and amd let you have more youd be sure to see shills mention it to you daily how you need more than 16GB and that it's clearly not enough for 1440p!
or some shit.

It's only like a 20% upgrade at best. Is it really worth it?

$100 i guess if it's a decent one. But I'd much rather have 75hz.

He's trolling. You can't even get 64GB in dual channel.

Upgrading my LGA1150 CPU. I’ve got a 4460, do I go for a 4590 (£45) or push my budget a little and get a 4690 (£70)?

No K models as my mobo can’t OC

Should i sell my 1080p 144hz 24"? to get a ultrawide 1440p 60/75hz 34"

great to know, hopefully they fix it then and i'll wait buying new stuff

someone redpill me on this ultrawide meme first

wow that's such a huge waste of 70 euro just for like a 10% improvement.
Save up for Ryzen. The 2600X is like 250% better instead and it's been cheap as fuck lately.

Good luck powering 3440x1440p. Go for regular 1440p.

Asrock B450m HDV
RX 570
my gpu is blocking 2 of my sata ports, what do?

Will I not see much improvement in rendering and gaming? I’m waiting for Ryzen 3000 and can wait but I wouldn’t mind a faster machine

Attached: 1500999668992.gif (318x405, 82K)

how accurate is the wattage calculator on pcpartpicker? I'm not sure if I'm being a retard getting a 450W when I can get a 600W for ~£20 mroe

forgot pic, I've got an HDD and SSD as well from my previous build

Attached: 1549437598433.png (2370x1112, 410K)

i have a 450w corsair but pcpartpicker wattage is 478w
no issue here, even on 100% stress test

scan.co.uk/products/750w-corsair-rmx-series-rm750x-full-modular-80plus-gold-sli-crossfire-single-rail-625a-135mm-fan-atx

buy that instead, enjoy futureproofing your machine for £15 more

you dont want to choke your psu, for example if you build averages at 300w under load you want to get at least 550w or 600w

holy shit 320 pounds for 2060
overclockers.co.uk/sapphire-radeon-rx-vega-56-pulse-8gb-hbm2-pci-express-graphics-card-11276-02-40g-gx-38f-sp.html

Attached: psu-efficiency.jpg (450x300, 18K)

ATX is way too large for the SG13, I need as much room inside the case as possible but thanks :)

all vegas are too long for the case, I heard there was a vega 56 mini coming out like a fucking year ago but it was never heard from again

ah shit my bad. Looking as SFF PSUs you're probably going to have to pay a decent amount more to get to 600W.