/dpt/ - Daily Programming Thread

David Turner
David Turner

Old thread: jowforums.com/thread/70993576/technology

What are you working on, Jow Forums?

Attached: 1557948662567.jpg (1.24 MB, 1020x1020)

Other urls found in this thread:

jowforums.com/thread/70993576/technology
github.com/JadeMatrix/SHOW
jowforums.com/thread/70985771/technology
projecteuler.net/languages
catb.org/~esr/faqs/smart-questions.html
youtube.com/watch?v=hRW9Qm2fQcE
jowforums.com/thread/70996675/technology
jsfiddle.net/XBfzn/
rgagnon.com/javadetails/java-0014.html
github.com/graalvm/graalpython
graalvm.org/
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/GraalVM
blog.plan99.net/graal-truffle-134d8f28fb69
nytimes.com/2019/03/25/smarter-living/why-you-procrastinate-it-has-nothing-to-do-with-self-control.html
news.ycombinator.com/item?id=19482238
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Racket_features#Typed_Racket
algorithms.wtf
micjohnson.github.io/js-hlspray/
jowforums.com/thread/71002463/technology
ideone.com/KjPshO

Ryan Rogers
Ryan Rogers

Programming a Remilia in Scheme.

Attached: 4b4f8ee0efb8e94611a0d57ed099f51e.jpg (91 KB, 666x1000)

Andrew Martinez
Andrew Martinez

LR(1) parser
got first sets done
woo
go me...

Blake Peterson
Blake Peterson

fixing everything that broke last time I did something

Attached: 1551320440997.jpg (8 KB, 224x225)

Gavin Howard
Gavin Howard

not doing it right the first time

Jeremiah Wilson
Jeremiah Wilson

Working on a program that generates a random date within the next year and kills me on it.

Attached: 1529028700325.jpg (18 KB, 320x320)

Brandon Clark
Brandon Clark

Simple. It allows me to have a lot of animated grass on screen.
Traditionally foliage has been limited by the sheer number of draw calls, and with larger buffers to the GPU, the amount of foliage onscreen has been steadily increasing
But the foliage is static.
Without any proof, I claim that this is because no one wants to spend CPU time on cycling through grass animations.
But because developers use the engines they're given, they don't even think about offloading these animations to a separate thread because the engine works the way it's always worked--single threaded for the most part.

Jonathan Nelson
Jonathan Nelson

If we were to generalize and make every action of every kind parallelizable, then we create a tool that can be creatively applied to more than just animated grass without any additional effort on the part of the developers.

Justin Reyes
Justin Reyes

Procedural animation like grass is usually handled on the GPU, it's not an expensive effect. Grass is expensive because to draw good looking grass you need it to be alpha blended, and layering too many alpha blended things ontop of each other pushes the fill rate (not sure exactly what this is I'm not the best graphics programmer) too high and kills your performance. Nothing to do with the CPU. Most engines today are multithreaded and makes use of multiple threads for animation, animation is the part of game engines that parallelizes the best

Landon Jenkins
Landon Jenkins

Going through learn you a haskell for greater good

Austin Phillips
Austin Phillips

hmm if only there was a word for this kind of thing…

Aaron Roberts
Aaron Roberts

ganbatte

Angel Stewart
Angel Stewart

videogaming
//boards.4channel.org/v/

Jaxson Wright
Jaxson Wright

Post the date when you've made the program, I want to celebrate the death of a subhuman like you.

Dylan Bennett
Dylan Bennett

the whole point of a random date is so I don't know when its coming dumbass

Liam Williams
Liam Williams

In that case, another use case for things happening on-screen is entity-component-systems, which are a frequent topic for games that involve armies.
Really, everything was leading up towards this. A decentralized model where objects interact with each other using a graph is barely a step away from a data-oriented design.

But I'm not sure why we're focusing so hard on multicore. It's a side benefit of a natural model to express decentralized state that makes no assumptions about anything except that objects which influence each other should use locks on a multicore implementation.

James Turner
James Turner

hai, ganbarimasu

Liam Gutierrez
Liam Gutierrez

My dumbass company has been working on the same software for 30 years without a rewrite. How do I convince them to bite the bullet? This shit still has msdos artifacts.

Blake Sanders
Blake Sanders

overload the production server and blame the old code

Adam Scott
Adam Scott

Explain to them that their oldest engineers which are familiar with the codebase are nearing retirement and that you need to bring in fresher and cheaper blood while those old engineers are still around to explain how all this shit works.

Michael Scott
Michael Scott

sleep with you boss

Blake Diaz
Blake Diaz

Why hide the date from yourself? Are you this much of a fucking weakling?

Asher Baker
Asher Baker

Why is C so fat? In Jazzy if I want to return a byte array on the heap I just do

func =: @m[1 1 2 3]

In C this is
char * func() {
char * a = malloc(3);
a[0] = 1;
a[1] = 2;
a[2] = 3;
return a;
}

Easton Edwards
Easton Edwards

In real life you'd stick a dragon dildo up your ass.

Sebastian Morales
Sebastian Morales

Edgy

Thomas Price
Thomas Price

wow user you're a bad person

Sebastian Lewis
Sebastian Lewis

When I want to capture the current path in bash, why do I need to scream PWD instead of just saying pwd?

Ryder Taylor
Ryder Taylor

bash is like the sort of woman that loves to be abused

Logan Allen
Logan Allen

Read programming in Haskell

Blake Jenkins
Blake Jenkins

because one is an environment variable and the other is a command, meanwhile you're a retard

Zachary Martin
Zachary Martin

I see the summer kids found our secret hideout.

Ryder Evans
Ryder Evans

If you want intelligent discussion, try something a little higher level than "my hipster language is better than yours"
We're not all college frosh and I'd appreciate it if you didn't waste everyone's time on syntax.

Colton Mitchell
Colton Mitchell

Realtime things are rarely easy to parallelize and the speedup has to be weighed against the added complexity.
And regardless of generality, Amdahl's law puts a hard limit on how much of a speedup you can get in a sequential program regardless of your number of processors.

Jaxon Miller
Jaxon Miller

my hipster language is better than yours
This is 90% of /dpt/ threads.

Connor Wood
Connor Wood

I claimed last thread that we're using Gustafson's Law, not Amdahl's.
Would you really put a hard limit on the amount of objects on a screen if you knew the player's system could handle more?

Xavier Sanchez
Xavier Sanchez

How rude

Attached: 0311DEA2-ACB7-4F53-8AA1-B053A2741F4D.gif (124 KB, 500x281)

Ethan Taylor
Ethan Taylor

Found a neat statement in Kotlin that I actually like, the `when` statement. I don't like case statements and this is easier than repetitive if statements. Neat!

when(value) {
1 ->
valueIsOne()
2 -> {
valueIsTwo()
whatDoIDo()
}
else -> {
foo()
bar()
}
}

Attached: when.png (54 KB, 561x610)

Adam Jones
Adam Jones

I thought it was a good question user-kun

Cameron Butler
Cameron Butler

you are a brainlet redditor trying to shit up /dpt/ with your gay memes and awful "takes"
all languages are the same
any language that you haven't heard of is "hipster"
syntax doesn't matter

Levi Nelson
Levi Nelson

based

Cameron Wilson
Cameron Wilson

That is literally and objectively a case statement, and if you want to be an autist you could also call it pattern matching.

No, you miss the point. You're shitting up the thread with basic shit like "

a = b + c
is better than
a = operator.add(b, c)
"
No one fucking cares about your favorite implementation of l-values and r-values.

Luis Powell
Luis Powell

Try something like this instead:

char* func()
{
static char data[3] = { 1,2,3 };
char *a = malloc(3);
memcpy(a, data, 3);
return a;
}

Ayden Scott
Ayden Scott

But I'm not sure why we're focusing so hard on multicore
Because single core speed isn't increasing so to maintain the illusion of progress we need to try and fit square pegs into round holes
In reality games are too complex to use one method of data modeling for anything, be it a scene graph or ECS system. Animations are embarrassingly parallel, physics is almost the opposite, game logic is a murky inbetween where you can keep trying to make it more parallel for more and more developer cost and less and less performance benefit

Nicholas Cooper
Nicholas Cooper

If reddit summershits are shitting up /dpt/ this bad I can only imagine how awful it’s going to be when the school year starts and the next wave of freshmen starts shilling their first language C and then we get to mock their undefined behavior with Satania memes.

Attached: 07002CD2-3DB4-4588-BA8A-37CA8347BFF1.jpg (115 KB, 681x384)

Gavin Anderson
Gavin Anderson

Stop pretending your homemade shitlang is an actual language, you almost fooled me a few threads ago

Alexander Morales
Alexander Morales

let a = sum b c

Chase Jones
Chase Jones

Anyone who brings up undefined behaviour is worse than the person they're mocking
It's the most boring and mundane programming topic imaginable

James Williams
James Williams

That is literally and objectively a case statement
Yes, with a nice syntax.

Josiah Hill
Josiah Hill

This has literally nothing to do with l values and r values retard, not only have you proven yourself to be a redditor with poor taste in programming and in languages but also to know nothing about the supposed non-hipster languages with which you program

Joshua Nguyen
Joshua Nguyen

Did I convince you to use FALSE too or learn J for employability?

Attached: 6B0E5E1B-98C6-4783-A9C0-ADA3005C869C.gif (1.75 MB, 500x284)

Henry Gray
Henry Gray

Does your language automatically resize the array like a vector in C++? Can you actually do useful stuff with it?

Luis Cook
Luis Cook

I said almost

Thomas Parker
Thomas Parker

redditredditreddit
If you're so obsessed with those retards, how about you go back there?
Get out of my face if you don't know what a Curry-Howard isomorphism is.
I don't care about your shitlang, I don't care about C, I don't care about any languages because they are all the same from a category theory perspective.

If you're going to bait people with shitlangs and hipsterlangs then at least have the audacity to bring up examples of NEW concepts that older languages have trouble expressing.

Ryder Gray
Ryder Gray

Curry-Howard isomorphism
category theory

Attached: 533.jpg (38 KB, 680x551)

Jace Brown
Jace Brown

Attached: 1558121844477[2].jpg (41 KB, 387x437)

Gabriel Gray
Gabriel Gray

imagining being both a braindead retard who is incapable of forming a good opinion relating to programming AND every C programmer stereotype of le ivory tower autist

Asher Gonzalez
Asher Gonzalez

It doesn’t have native vectors. It’s lower level than C. It can solve project eulers quickly and I made connect 4 in it so it has actual uses.

Julian Barnes
Julian Barnes

Imagine being so hurt about being told that your shitlang opinions don't matter that you've managed to stray off-topic from your shitlang all thread long.
You're so insecure.

Adam Williams
Adam Williams

I have a feeling you guys haven't read the 4channel CoCk yet. No bullying is allowed.

Gabriel Garcia
Gabriel Garcia

i'm not the dude who you were originally replying to. i get this is your first time off of reddit, but just because you can't downvote things doesn't mean you need to post these dumb replies telling everyone how much you don't care

Benjamin Butler
Benjamin Butler

user what is your definition of "lower level"

Matthew Anderson
Matthew Anderson

stupider

Grayson Brooks
Grayson Brooks

See, you're having a hard time understanding that you receive no insightful responses because your attempts at discussion are child-like at best, and I am trying to assist you in understanding, but there is something to be said about trying to teach the willfully ignorant

Dylan Perry
Dylan Perry

let us discuss the intricacies of X programming language versus Y
huh this syntax is too verbose for me
well actually i think i prefer being more explicit
NO YOU DONT GET IT THEYRE THE SAME FUCK YOU I ONLY CARE ABOUT CURRY HOWARD LMAO MEME LANG VS SHIT LANG LVALUES RVALUES HOW DARE YOU DISCUSS THIS IN MY ENLIGHTENED PRESENCE

Tyler Gutierrez
Tyler Gutierrez

It’s lower level than C.
Doesn't sound like a good idea. If you need something "lower level" than C you use assembly.

Eli Hughes
Eli Hughes

It's one guy who pretended to make a language shitposting about it being replied to by another guy who thinks he's smart because he took a CS class

Carson Peterson
Carson Peterson

intricacies

Attached: 1501986476967.gif (3.43 MB, 506x283)

Easton Ortiz
Easton Ortiz

Can someone tell me what are the best algorithms books around for a retard?

Attached: 68568686586848.jpg (492 KB, 1064x672)

Nathaniel Gonzalez
Nathaniel Gonzalez

Attached: remilia-sicp.png (1.93 MB, 1020x1020)

Jonathan Miller
Jonathan Miller

im programming a blockchain-based chatting app similar to discord, called peercat. im using rust, ruby, and js

James Barnes
James Barnes

How is rust for webshit APIs? Considering using Rocket for my next project.

Jonathan Perez
Jonathan Perez

i doubt he's even taken a CS class

Luke Bell
Luke Bell

Curry-Howard isomorphism
isomorphism
In what category?

Josiah Carter
Josiah Carter

endofunctors

Nathaniel Campbell
Nathaniel Campbell

ur mom

Ryan Wood
Ryan Wood

hask

Attached: devilish.gif (1.51 MB, 425x481)

Samuel Lee
Samuel Lee

"endofunctors" is not a well-defined category.

Jaxson Lopez
Jaxson Lopez

Assembly is too long.

Nathaniel Price
Nathaniel Price

endofunctors in what category?

Julian Moore
Julian Moore

No such category.

Nolan Parker
Nolan Parker

too long what

Christopher Green
Christopher Green

monoids

Ayden Harris
Ayden Harris

I am making a web front-end to editing foobar2000 playlists for a retarded reason. A component called beefweb already exists that does this and more, but it has I believe 755 dependencies in its yarn.lock file. Figured I didn't care to run that shit and just make a simple and garbage component without requiring node shit.

This is such an awful project but it's been fun figuring things out working with the foobar SDK, and the component code is almost done. Good refresher on C++ too since I might need to use it again soon. The HTML/CSS/JS is gonna be a pain in the ass for certain things I am sure.

Anyone else bothered working with the foobar2000 SDK?

Dominic Taylor
Dominic Taylor

My dad is a computer

Attached: dad.jpg (74 KB, 1200x675)

Matthew White
Matthew White

d-do you need a lightweight sepples webserver by any chance?

Samuel Cook
Samuel Cook

Careful what you wish for. If they do a rewrite, they will do a parallel one which is worse. They will try to keep backwards compatibility and support as much of the old stuff as they can so they can (supposedly simply) roll things over, but this never happens.

Read about this before you suggest anything, rewriting legacy software has consumed many hours, souls, and occasionally careers.

Aiden Hill
Aiden Hill

I decided to go with yhirose/cpp-httplib but I am willing to switch it with something else if there's good reason. Did you have one built you want to spread around, or just a recommendation?

Kevin Lewis
Kevin Lewis

Why is the C internet defense force more prominent during summer time?

Jayden Phillips
Jayden Phillips

why didn't you just let it be and leave yourself with some shred of dignity

Angel Taylor
Angel Taylor

monoids in what category?

Juan Jones
Juan Jones

endofunctors

Gabriel Morales
Gabriel Morales

yeah I have one, it's header-only too, but a bit lower-level than that one
it's a server only (may expand it to a client later since it's not much more work), and doesn't support HTTPS because it's supposed to be set up behind a reverse proxy you trust
github.com/JadeMatrix/SHOW

Aiden Phillips
Aiden Phillips

I’m hardly the only person on /dpt/ criticizing C. I use the language regularly and because of that I see its flaws. The people who defend C are strange and act like redditors or shills.

Evan Russell
Evan Russell

see

Evan Sullivan
Evan Sullivan

Why is C so fat?
It isn't. It's a language that does very little for you behind the scenes. That means you've got control over the detail of what your program does, but you have to write the code to do it.

Or use a library, and you get to choose which instead of having to put up with the language's builtin runtime which might be OK or might be shit.
Protip: in life, most defaults are shit

Joseph Reed
Joseph Reed

I don't see anyone defending C

Cooper Scott
Cooper Scott

jowforums.com/thread/70985771/technology
I don't give a shit about that. People who use debuggers don't deserve a good debugging experience.

Mason Anderson
Mason Anderson

Thanks user, I'll look into it. I don't need it to be super high level, I just couldn't be arsed to set up things using Boost/Beast.
My component is meant to be access via the local network only as well so TLS support is not an issue. Client also does not matter in my case.

Lucas Watson
Lucas Watson

If you want a high-level language, C is not for you.
If you want a low-level language, C is about as low as you can go without becoming very annoying indeed.

Grayson Bell
Grayson Bell

Where are you getting these images user? They're so cute!

Carson Brown
Carson Brown

I will send money to someone who can help me parse and play a MIDI file, not as an audio file, but actually reading every note on and note off event and playing them to the system.

In java or python.

Attached: 155580232439.jpg (62 KB, 793x786)

Jordan Long
Jordan Long

it's nothing, dolls aren't even cute naked.
//boards.4channel.org/toy/thread/7479580#p7486271

Joshua Lewis
Joshua Lewis

That’s why I made Jazzy. I wanted a language that was Assembly with fewer keystrokes. That was the one thing that bugged me about Assembly, simple programs easily going over 100 lines. I understand some people feel threatened by me using it instead of C but whatever. I’m the only one currently using it so you don’t have to worry about it replacing C, Rust, or whatever hipster language you like.

Andrew Bailey
Andrew Bailey

do your own homework

Jonathan Hill
Jonathan Hill

not a homework, every library has no documentation or their documentation gives compiler errors.

already downloaded and installed near 15 libraries.

Jack Ward
Jack Ward

look im not going to explain these advanced CS concepts to you if you're too dumb to understand them

Daniel Murphy
Daniel Murphy

Why do you want them to be naked? Dolls get most of their cuteness from their face and clothes.

Henry Wood
Henry Wood

I understand some people feel threatened by me using it instead of C
you wish
nobody cares

Angel Clark
Angel Clark

How are isomorphisms a ``CS concept''? Do you have severe brain-damage?

Jose Hughes
Jose Hughes

The rudeposters clearly cared.

Daniel Green
Daniel Green

/dpt/ - anything but programming
you niggers at night are the worst.
Is it because all of the pajeets and SEAmonkeys are awake?

Daniel Evans
Daniel Evans

they're just making fun of you for being a pompous idiot
imagine naming your homemade language like anyone actually gives a shit

Brody Jackson
Brody Jackson

it's this one dude who turned up, see

Brandon Hill
Brandon Hill

come back when you can use a real language like Haskell kid

Ryder Reed
Ryder Reed

How is the Hasklell shitlang a ``real language''?

Jacob Murphy
Jacob Murphy

Dude, you are actually mad. Just ignore it if it triggers you so much.

Brandon Reed
Brandon Reed

yeah I can see how someone abusing the quote function and screaming in all caps might cause an uptick in shitposting.

Ayden Smith
Ayden Smith

those quotes are 100% accurate to the letter

Jayden Campbell
Jayden Campbell

because you have to use real math like isotropic polymorphic endofunctors instead of pointless confusing shit like "pointers" and "variables"

Colton Green
Colton Green

get dirty thoughs out of your mind sicko, they're dolls.

Attached: 1556387182050.jpg (161 KB, 850x1188)

Liam Rogers
Liam Rogers

That post is complaining about several different people as if they’re one person.

Jaxson Wright
Jaxson Wright

isotropic polymorphic endofunctors
There's no such thing in ``real math''.

Kayden Lewis
Kayden Lewis

t. brainlet

Evan Martinez
Evan Martinez

what do you mean? one person is largely responsible and the derailed thread (including other posters) is like an effect

Juan Watson
Juan Watson

Show me a definition of ``isotropic polymorphic endofunctor''.

Gabriel Jackson
Gabriel Jackson

You're the one with dirty thoughts!
Reread the post you're replying to.

Benjamin Jenkins
Benjamin Jenkins

just google it dude im not here to spoonfeed you

Henry Diaz
Henry Diaz

Where do you get ideas on what to program?
I'm a second year college looking and wanna boost my resume but I'm not so good...

Parker Stewart
Parker Stewart

google
I don't use proprietary shitware, sorry.

Zachary Martinez
Zachary Martinez

I read it, cute clothes and degenerate behavior is wrong. Get your mind out of the gutter.

Jose Morgan
Jose Morgan

then why are you posting on Jow Forums

Daniel Walker
Daniel Walker

Never mind. I misread the post. It’s too late at night for me.

Adrian Rivera
Adrian Rivera

but I'm not so good
So just like the vast majority of codemonkeys in this thread?

Evan Lopez
Evan Lopez

fuck about with shit until you learn what you like and then the ideas will come from within
probably

Brody Myers
Brody Myers

if you dont actually want to program anything just give up

Michael Ward
Michael Ward

I forgot to ask if this worked on Winshit, and it does not appear to.
Sorry user, foobar2000 is a Windows program and thus the HTTP code needs to compile and run under Windows as well.
I'll keep your lib in mind if I ever do anything with HTTP on linux, but currently I just use golang for the few things I made that use HTTP. I'm only using C++ for this project because it's a restriction of using the foobar SDK.

Jordan Allen
Jordan Allen

cute clothes are wrong
Now that's some truly degenerate behavior.

Jace Collins
Jace Collins

Too tired to code. Too much reddit here to understand what’s happening. Too much caffeine to go to sleep. Redpill me on which language has the best typing system and explain why.

Attached: B5934633-5584-4628-9F48-08AD361029D8.jpg (19 KB, 400x400)

Kevin Stewart
Kevin Stewart

cute clothes is wrong
You are wrong.
Cute is justice.

Michael Murphy
Michael Murphy

Redpill me on which language has the best typing system
Type theory.
explain why.
Self-evident.

Aiden Cook
Aiden Cook

UUID filename
Also C++

Matthew Torres
Matthew Torres

if someone made a Haskell 2 it would be that
don't listen to DP memesters

Charles Rodriguez
Charles Rodriguez

yeah I haven't done any windows programming basically ever so I don't know what the equivalent APIs to sockets are, but in theory it should work with cygwin or something
I'll add windows support eventually

Owen Thomas
Owen Thomas

Using Project Euler's language statistics to find the most big brain languages possible.
projecteuler.net/languages

Attached: Screenshot-20190517-230121-EBookDroid.jpg (363 KB, 1080x1533)

Nolan Nguyen
Nolan Nguyen

siding with wrong degenerate behavior
there was hope for you but it's gone now
enjoy your short life of sin

Henry Allen
Henry Allen

Shen, it has the sequent calculus

Christopher Mitchell
Christopher Mitchell

Working on a camera streaming app for android. Found out that there is a common issue with recorded video having a hard limit on the size that they can be. This issue persists even though I am using LocalSockets to transmit the data rather than actual files. I am trying to see if I can restart the my `MediaRecorder` fast enough when it stops due to the limit on filesize I cannot change.

Attached: snap2.png (146 KB, 408x246)

Colton Jenkins
Colton Jenkins

Get out, filthy degenerate.

Zachary Torres
Zachary Torres

in order to play audio/video you have to demux, then decode, then finally output it to the actual audio API
so why are containers a thing and why are there so many formats
i understand the need for many audio/visual formats
but not containers

Eli Diaz
Eli Diaz

B.
Types are overrated.

Jayden Thompson
Jayden Thompson

fun setupMediaRecorder()
{
this.camera.unlock()
val fd = this.senderSocket.fileDescriptor
this.mediaRecorder.setCamera(this.camera)
this.mediaRecorder.setVideoSource(MediaRecorder.VideoSource.CAMERA)
this.mediaRecorder.setOutputFormat(MediaRecorder.OutputFormat.THREE_GPP)
this.mediaRecorder.setVideoEncoder(MediaRecorder.VideoEncoder.H264)
this.mediaRecorder.setPreviewDisplay(this.cameraSurface.surfaceHolder.surface)
this.mediaRecorder.setVideoSize(cameraWidth, cameraHeight)
this.mediaRecorder.setVideoFrameRate(fps)
this.mediaRecorder.setVideoEncodingBitRate(bitrate)
this.mediaRecorder.setOutputFile(fd)

this.mediaRecorder.setOnInfoListener { mr, what, extra ->
Log.d("MediaRecorder", "[*] MediaRecorder Info callback called !")
when (what) {
MediaRecorder.MEDIA_RECORDER_INFO_MAX_DURATION_REACHED -> {
Log.i("MediaRecorder", "[*] Max duration has been reached.")
}
MediaRecorder.MEDIA_RECORDER_INFO_MAX_FILESIZE_REACHED -> {
Log.e("MediaRecorder", "[-] Max file size reached! Extra: $extra")
mr.stop()
mr.release()
setupMediaRecorder()
Log.i("MediaRecorder", "[+] Restarted the MediaRecorder")
}
MediaRecorder.MEDIA_RECORDER_INFO_UNKNOWN -> {
Log.i("MediaRecorder", "[?] Unknown info extra: $extra")
}
MediaRecorder.MEDIA_RECORDER_INFO_MAX_FILESIZE_APPROACHING -> {
Log.i("MediaRecorder",
"[*] Max file size is approaching! Extra: $extra")
}
else -> {
Log.i("MediaRecorder",
"[?] Unknown Info code Extra: $extra, What: $what")
}
}
}

Jeremiah Sullivan
Jeremiah Sullivan

filthy degenerate
You're the one wearing miniature whore clothing. Getting raped in every hole is not an accomplishment, slut.

Wyatt Peterson
Wyatt Peterson

this isnt /vg/

Sebastian Gomez
Sebastian Gomez

didn't you see the picture? don't think she has any holes

Gabriel Evans
Gabriel Evans

Yeah, cygwin or mingw would be able to compile it fine I am sure, but then I would have to package it with their DLL for that posix compatibility.
I don't blame you for not having Windows support. You have to add #ifdef _WIN32 throughout the code depending on how often you call functions that have different names between the two.
The HTTP lib I am using now has 9 such cases it seems like, most simple but things you have to either know of to fix easily, or continue trying to compile and run the code to find where shit goes to hell.

Jackson Gomez
Jackson Gomez

You're the one wearing
No I'm not
miniature whore clothing
miniature cute clothing*
Your mind is filthy, user. Please get it out of the gutter and stop being such a degenerate.

Charles Phillips
Charles Phillips

I've never been to /vg/ but I trust you.
The whore image?

Eli Smith
Eli Smith

Why is this doll a whore, user? Why do you hate cute dolls so much?

Attached: 1558006050683.jpg (123 KB, 800x1200)

Angel Morgan
Angel Morgan

Why is this doll a whore, user?
weirdos like you have hotglued her 20 times before they took the image you reposted.

Caleb Jenkins
Caleb Jenkins

show us where the doll touched you

Connor Harris
Connor Harris

But I don't have any hot glue at home.

Ethan Turner
Ethan Turner

Is there a collection of these images somewhere? I want to save them. They're so cute!

John Thomas
John Thomas

Containers provide timing between (potentially multiple) audio/video streams, as well as extra metadata and subtitles.
But yes, there doesn't really need to be that many of them.

Anthony Carter
Anthony Carter

this thread

Attached: 1557539449992.png (201 KB, 908x1300)

Ryder King
Ryder King

I can parse a midi file using mido but can't get output.
I guess I'll simply play the MIDI using pygame.

I just need a midi player, so this should be ok.
but I feel this solution is stupid as fuck.

Attached: 1557767975268.jpg (21 KB, 360x360)

Carson Diaz
Carson Diaz

This.
People who hate cute clothing and cute things can fuck off. They're puking up the thread.

Brody Wilson
Brody Wilson

I feel this solution is stupid as fuck.
That's to be expected, frogposter. No wonder someone stupid as fuck would come up with a solution that is stupid as fuck.

Alexander Anderson
Alexander Anderson

digits confirm

Logan Rogers
Logan Rogers

pls no bully, I've been struggling over days trying to make a MIDI player.

Attached: 1556646131101.jpg (94 KB, 471x388)

Parker Robinson
Parker Robinson

If you seriously can't figure this shit out on your own then fuck off and kill yourself retard.

Ryder Lewis
Ryder Lewis

nobody wants to help me.

Attached: 6.jpg (64 KB, 852x480)

Caleb Scott
Caleb Scott

Frogposting subhumans aren't welcome here. Go and shit some other place up if you feel the need to attach this retarded image to every post you make.

Jonathan Cruz
Jonathan Cruz

Jesus fuck. Bullies, reddit, and off topic everywhere tonight. Are we being raided?

Jason James
Jason James

Are we being raided?
Yes, by you.
Fuck off.

Nolan Cox
Nolan Cox

my idea works.

I DID IT REDDIT!!!!!

Attached: Captura-de-pantalla-de-2019-05-18-01-24-58.png (345 KB, 1399x899)

Easton Jenkins
Easton Jenkins

no one wants to help you because you're a fuckwit and you don't know how to ask a question.
catb.org/~esr/faqs/smart-questions.html
Be glad you got this much, because everyone else only insulted you.

Carter Nelson
Carter Nelson

when people who are probably genuinely autistic get mad they tend to just lash out and reply angrily to unrelated posts
i think there's like 3 faggots doing it at the moment

Aaron Sanders
Aaron Sanders

help you
give a logical reason to do so.

Attached: 1535114209776.jpg (42 KB, 669x746)

Alexander Kelly
Alexander Kelly

Archivo
Makes sense that you were a literal subhuman too.

Wyatt Scott
Wyatt Scott

Why here? Why this thread? Did Linus piss the programming community off again?

Evan Carter
Evan Carter

just looked it up, apparently the winsock API is essentially identical in functionality to the UNIX socket API, so it shouldn't be too hard

Brody Long
Brody Long

autist likes programming
autist starts being autistic in /dpt/
autist starts argument in /dpt/
autist does not like the direction the argument is going
autist starts rampant shitposting
there's your why

Jackson Campbell
Jackson Campbell

pots and kettles

Andrew Bennett
Andrew Bennett

bully
sorry for bully, faggot. It's default response, you need to explicitly specify no bully for no bully.

Attached: bully.jpg (13 KB, 369x273)

Gavin Williams
Gavin Williams

You calling me a nigger?

Chase Cook
Chase Cook

Absolutely nothing, I want to but I'm lazy.

Attached: 1536144969372.png (846 KB, 1280x720)

Parker Torres
Parker Torres

Which cross-platform desktop GUI framework would /dpt/ recommend right now?
I trying to use WxWidgets, but I keep hearing about these newer stuff that supposedly makes you very productive (electron, flutter for desktop, etc) because you'd only need a single code base and can just build for different platforms.

Attached: 455596341201076229.png (1 KB, 112x112)

Nicholas Baker
Nicholas Baker

You should lay off the weed then. It can fuck with your brain in regards to laziness.

Aiden Brown
Aiden Brown

tk

Joseph Perez
Joseph Perez

just use Qt, i've been using the python bindings recently and it's not as bad as i was lead to believe

Isaiah Campbell
Isaiah Campbell

I want to but I'm lazy
How does it feel to have a willpower so weak that it can't override your laziness?

Alexander Cook
Alexander Cook

You should lay off the Haskell then. It can fuck with your brain in regards to laziness.

Nolan Murphy
Nolan Murphy

electron
I recommend electron. It's so cool and you can build everything as a cool webapp!
youtube.com/watch?v=hRW9Qm2fQcE

Nathaniel Bailey
Nathaniel Bailey

sorry for my bad things, you guys seem very cool though. you're posting on /dpt/ after all.

Attached: who.jpg (60 KB, 503x653)

Christopher Adams
Christopher Adams

can I use python code inside java?

Attached: 1555533390319.png (69 KB, 657x527)

Henry Miller
Henry Miller

no

Jayden Russell
Jayden Russell

Yes.

Parker Hernandez
Parker Hernandez

Why you so sad? Also why do you want python inside java?

Tyler Barnes
Tyler Barnes

Maybe.

Leo Perry
Leo Perry

Why you so sad?
He's smart enough to self-reflect on his retardation, but not smart enough to fix it.

John Taylor
John Taylor

Fuck off

Aaron Anderson
Aaron Anderson

Don't know about that other guy, but I'm very cool, yes.

Attached: 1553854069232.jpg (98 KB, 664x720)

Nicholas Russell
Nicholas Russell

apple only allows dynamic code execution via javascr*pt
the itoddlers were behind the w*bshitter explosion all along

Levi Reed
Levi Reed

No idea what tk is but I'll look it up

Qt was one of the things I've considered desu. I looked up production apps that used it, but didn't find much. The only major one being Skype.

Haskell
I'd like to finish the project within the decade.
Also I'm asking for GUI frameworks, not languages you basedmonkey

Whats wrong with electron

Josiah Thomas
Josiah Thomas

that's cool, being cool is important. being mean to others is not.

Attached: 1532158173111.png (1021 KB, 1280x720)

Cameron Jenkins
Cameron Jenkins

jowforums.com/thread/70996675/technology

Luis Sullivan
Luis Sullivan

gayest crosslink I've ever seen.

Josiah Edwards
Josiah Edwards

production apps
What the h*ll is a """production app"""?

Samuel Cox
Samuel Cox

Apps that help with production lines.

Juan Martin
Juan Martin

C++26 is the most powerful programming language on Earth.

Attached: 1546821623582.png (1 MB, 979x1047)

Justin Robinson
Justin Robinson

what's proposal is happening in 2026

Hudson Clark
Hudson Clark

Metaclasses and static reflection.

Attached: 1555106709154.png (1.16 MB, 750x1334)

Michael Evans
Michael Evans

wait i thought that was C++23
don't tell me they pushed it back three years

Juan Hall
Juan Hall

That's the year when the C++ committee is organising a ritualistic suicide for all C++ programmers. It will truly make the world a better place.

Samuel Brown
Samuel Brown

No C++23 was the optimal timeline. I.e. if we're lucky, we get it in C++23.
But more likely, it'll come in C++26.

Benjamin Nelson
Benjamin Nelson

Good luck user.
I have put my project up on github now. Search "foo_webplaylists" and it should be the only result. Unfinished and the code is awful but I'm just happy I have been getting things to work.

Daniel Rodriguez
Daniel Rodriguez

I turned on OpenMP in VS and now it gives me this warning

1>c1xx : warning C4199: two-phase name lookup is not supported for C++/CLI, C++/CX, or OpenMP; use /Zc:twoPhase-

there is no option /Zc:twoPhase- and I read that with -permissive that shouldnt be a problem anyway. so what do?

Attached: 300px-Drachenlord2.png (94 KB, 300x285)

Ryder Young
Ryder Young

Stop using VS, you wintard.

Xavier Lopez
Xavier Lopez

i am upset

Attached: 1544347856767.gif (531 KB, 498x358)

Gavin Long
Gavin Long

ok it works now.

no I will not, linuxturd

Attached: 1556043505124.jpg (163 KB, 905x628)

Joseph Peterson
Joseph Peterson

no I will not, linuxturd
K. Enjoy your shit software then I guess.
I'll be over here using GCC + OpenMP with zero issues and max performance.

Thomas Hughes
Thomas Hughes

sure, technically you could do that. you will instead use all your time with ricing your shitbox

Attached: 1544730534705.jpg (5 KB, 217x280)

Easton Sanchez
Easton Sanchez

Strange, I've instead spent all my time developing software instead. Huh.

Mason Wood
Mason Wood

furiously fapping to anime and writing a fizzbuzz isnt "developing software", user

Jayden Lewis
Jayden Lewis

If you don't fap to cute 2D girls, you'll never be a good programmer.

Luke Campbell
Luke Campbell

failed wizard, masturbating is something to avoid.

Ryan Gutierrez
Ryan Gutierrez

Firebase is gud or just another shitty serverless ?

Josiah Sanders
Josiah Sanders

Firebase is a mobile and web application development platform developed by Firebase, Inc. in 2011, then acquired by Google in 2014. As of October 2018, the Firebase platform has 18 products, which are used by 1.5 million apps.
Sounds very gay.

Noah Adams
Noah Adams

I want to use a python library to parse a midi file opened in java and send its output to a java library to produce sound.

Alexander Turner
Alexander Turner

Is it realistically possible for me to make my own software to control a Bluetooth device?
I know nothing about how Bluetooth works.

Elijah Collins
Elijah Collins

I want to store groups of two ints in a set, and I want (1,2) to be equal to (2,1). I guess my options are to build my own class which wraps std::pair for this case, or to make the hash function return the same value for both possibilites, right?

Henry Brooks
Henry Brooks

shitai, shitai
yes, it's not that complex

Attached: 1551060880814.gif (868 KB, 388x379)

Jaxson Adams
Jaxson Adams

yes

Ayden Collins
Ayden Collins

in order of difficulty from easiest to hardest, I think
use the standard streams to send data from a python application to a java application
use some other form of interprocess communication
turn your python script into a dynamically linked library with C-style linkage, call from java
i have no idea if cython can actually do that so this might be impossible
embed python in java
this is not a good idea

alternatively, get better at programming, and come back to it later

Wyatt Cooper
Wyatt Cooper

Alright, but how?
I suppose I should have mentioned I meant for a non-custom Bluetooth device, which means I somehow need to access all the signals I can send to control it since I don't define them.

Jordan Reyes
Jordan Reyes

Just design your constructor so that regardless of the order the arguments are presented in, the resulting data structure always stores the values in sorted order. Thus, whether you create (1,2) or (2,1), it is always stored as (1,2).

Julian Harris
Julian Harris

Cool. I don't give a shit.

Luke Thompson
Luke Thompson

Can i do this with jython?

Michael Foster
Michael Foster

Does FP have a use-case in production-ready code in an enterprise setting? I asked this to one of my Indian professors, and he said that it was just a meme and that it's impossible to write real-world code in it. Was he wrong?

Hunter Scott
Hunter Scott

I suppose I should have mentioned I meant for a non-custom Bluetooth device
I don't know how to reply to this without insulting you.
I somehow need to access all the signals I can send to control it since I don't define them.
that seems normal, devices usually follow some standard so that other devices cooperate.
You have specified nothing of what you're trying to do.

Dylan Baker
Dylan Baker

FP can be useful for data generation/transformation where everything works as a neatly nested hierarchy of functions
But even so you are better off with a real language that supports first-class functions than trying to use something like Haskell which is the opposite of practical

Hudson Gray
Hudson Gray

Pretty much the same place you'd use OOP or just regular structured programming.

Xavier Gonzalez
Xavier Gonzalez

I was not aware that jython was a thing, but possibly.
jython only supports python 2.7, and pic related might be a problem.
and I'm not entirely sure how its interop works

Justin Thomas
Justin Thomas

I want to upgrade sex toys
Regularity of behaviour is their biggest flaw; their designers think that they can find some rhythm that works well, when in fact it's the change in rhythm that's important.

Attached: 1533211284195.jpg (31 KB, 750x683)

Cameron Smith
Cameron Smith

I don't think so. Enterprise imperative codebases are massive clusterfucks and not even practical. Maybe you would want the UI layer to be imperative but I think the entire backend could be written in a FP lang.

Owen Diaz
Owen Diaz

ah fuck

Attached: 1551722287697.png (10 KB, 851x118)

Dylan Thomas
Dylan Thomas

real language
"real language" as opposed to what? A "fake language"?

Caleb Campbell
Caleb Campbell

rtfm
summershits are shitting up /dpt/
i didn't know summer is eternal

Attached: 3ff1003edd50ebe1b98b8fee65feffda.jpg (106 KB, 640x549)

Xavier James
Xavier James

yes

Noah Ortiz
Noah Ortiz

Working on android app to stream camera data over TCP. I finally worked around video being limited by size to around 30 minutes.

Attached: snap3.png (380 KB, 1076x793)

Kayden Jones
Kayden Jones

It's also very important.

Cooper Anderson
Cooper Anderson

this bloke again

Attached: 1479090331567.jpg (11 KB, 300x364)

Benjamin Miller
Benjamin Miller

Only because your language is poopoo

Luke Young
Luke Young

it isnt, fuck off

Owen Taylor
Owen Taylor

Post code or stfu. C isn't poo poo

Attached: 1508358709863.jpg (64 KB, 470x900)

Nathaniel Gonzalez
Nathaniel Gonzalez

you first

Zachary Rodriguez
Zachary Rodriguez

Neither of them but I've seen pretty poo poo C code, stick around /dpt/ for a bit and you will too.

Gavin Perry
Gavin Perry

def shortest_open_path(path, entrance, exit):
p = [-1] * len(path)
Q = [entrance]
p[entrance] = -2
while len(Q) > 0 and Q[0] != exit:
u = Q.pop(0)
for i in xrange(len(path[u])):
if p[i] == -1 and path[u][i] > 0:
p[i] = u
Q.append(i)
return p

def ford_fulkerson(path, entrance, exit):
total_flow = 0
p = shortest_open_path(path, entrance, exit)
while p[exit] >= 0:
min_flow = float("inf")
v = exit
while p[v] >= 0:
min_flow = min(min_flow, path[p[v]][v])
v = p[v]
v = exit
while p[v] >= 0:
path[v][p[v]] += min_flow
path[p[v]][v] -= min_flow
v = p[v]
total_flow += min_flow
p = shortest_open_path(path, entrance, exit)
return total_flow

def answer(entrances, exits, path):
return sum(ford_fulkerson(path, i, j) for j in exits for i in entrances)

entrances = [0, 1]
exits = [4, 5]
path = [[0, 0, 4, 6, 0, 0], [0, 0, 5, 2, 0, 0], [0, 0, 0, 0, 4, 4], [0, 0, 0, 0, 6, 6], [0, 0, 0, 0, 0, 0], [0, 0, 0, 0, 0, 0]]

print answer(entrances, exits, path)

Hunter Wood
Hunter Wood

that's not C

Adrian Clark
Adrian Clark

Good eye.

Lucas Roberts
Lucas Roberts

nothing gets past me, dont try anything like that again kiddo

Chase Nguyen
Chase Nguyen

How is Haskell a "fake language"? Does it not exist?

Owen Morris
Owen Morris

Here ya go.

#include <stdio.h>

int main()
{
int x = 0x7FFFFFFF;
x++;
printf("%d\n", x);
return 0;
}

Logan Turner
Logan Turner

If your code invokes undefined behaviour, it literally isn't code. It's chinpunkanpun.

Benjamin Murphy
Benjamin Murphy

because its useless

Juan Martin
Juan Martin

tfw lifelong pyfag trying to learn a real programming language

Attached: 29e.jpg (36 KB, 600x885)

Jace Harris
Jace Harris

this is why you don't learn python first

Lucas Moore
Lucas Moore

tfw was lifelong real programming fag then realized I could write python instead

Attached: nice.png (206 KB, 335x350)

Luis Thomas
Luis Thomas

How does that make it "fake", i.e., not "real"?

Charles Russell
Charles Russell

haskell is useless
all according to keikaku
imagine an image of spj attached to this post

Jonathan Bennett
Jonathan Bennett

Rate my first C program for NASA.

int main()
{
int x = 0x7FFFFFFF;
x++;
printf("%d\n", x);
/* critical NASA code */
return 0;
}

Alexander Garcia
Alexander Garcia

he said that it was just a meme
Does your Indian professor frequent Jow Forums?

Noah Ramirez
Noah Ramirez

implying everyone in /dpt/ isn't an indian professor

Eli Baker
Eli Baker

Anyone want to be the 2nd person to solve a challenge? First user blew it out of the park with their solution.

jsfiddle.net/XBfzn/

Attached: 1489733023302.gif (963 KB, 600x327)

Samuel Bell
Samuel Bell

How to avoid undefined behaviour?

Ryder Barnes
Ryder Barnes

define it

Justin Torres
Justin Torres

Define 'define'.

Jace Watson
Jace Watson

I don't particularly want to make sorting algorithms and Zork-like text-based games, give me some idea for something to program that could motivate me to work my way through a couple of programming books but would also be realistically plausible to make with the knowledge I would get from beginners' programming books.
Book recommendations are also welcome.

Attached: 1466549165354.jpg (11 KB, 225x225)

Ryder Ward
Ryder Ward

Prints 0x80000000, what's the problem?

Levi Thomas
Levi Thomas

Make a programming language intepreter.

Jack Turner
Jack Turner

invokes undefined behavior

Jayden Hall
Jayden Hall

programming language intepreter
Contradictory.

Angel Morgan
Angel Morgan

signed overflow

Jace Taylor
Jace Taylor

In what way?

Gavin Brooks
Gavin Brooks

using pathetic 32 bit intlet platforms

Easton Rodriguez
Easton Rodriguez

Are you retarded? It invokes UB regardless of your platform.

Andrew Stewart
Andrew Stewart

Nope. Learn2C.

Cameron Jenkins
Cameron Jenkins

Are you retarded?

Attached: 1493082652333.gif (2.94 MB, 360x360)

Dylan Cook
Dylan Cook

the black person in the background is clearly sexually excited at seeing this
He's lucky it's a white guy cooling his asshole.

Carson Jackson
Carson Jackson

What programming language is most likely to power modern production lines which has robots etc? I'm currently just learning PLC ladder logic at the technical college I'm at.

Attached: pondering.jpg (146 KB, 729x649)

Chase Price
Chase Price

Enterprise-grade Java.

Attached: 1557913638806.jpg (35 KB, 480x360)

Cooper Butler
Cooper Butler

Are you sure, Satoj.

Samuel Lewis
Samuel Lewis

Why would it invoke UB if INT_MAX is greater than 0x7FFFFFFF you fucking retarded web shitter?

Grayson Rogers
Grayson Rogers

A programming language cannot be interpreted. For if you do, it becomes no longer a programming language.
For this reason, C is not a programming language. (See tcc).

Grayson Campbell
Grayson Campbell

tcc is not an interpreter.

Parker Martinez
Parker Martinez

PLC ladder logic
This sounds like scratch++

Henry Scott
Henry Scott

Yes, Ganesh, my brother.

Attached: againstcorruption.jpg (27 KB, 300x492)

Nathaniel Brooks
Nathaniel Brooks

A programming language cannot be interpreted.
Define "interpreted".

Anthony Perry
Anthony Perry

Maybe it wasn't tcc, but I remember there being a C interpreter.

Isaiah Ross
Isaiah Ross

IIRC tcc can be invoked as a shell, basically making it JIT C source like a script.

Hudson Rodriguez
Hudson Rodriguez

but I remember there being a C interpreter
Define "interpreter".

Henry Young
Henry Young

Interpreters are just unoptimized compilers.

Luke Morales
Luke Morales

basically making it JIT C source like a script.

Attached: ss3.png (63 KB, 844x633)

Dylan Green
Dylan Green

/dpt/-chan, daisuki~

Ask your much beloved programming literate anything (IAMA).

what language you are learning?

is the traffic flow encrypted? I once crafted my own implementation of RC4 to protect my data.

you may achieve that through file descriptors.

rgagnon.com/javadetails/java-0014.html

c++∞
user still limited to C With Classes

Please, don't bully.

github.com/graalvm/graalpython

Graal is Oracle's next gen virtual machine and is especially designed to make multiple programmings languages interop with each other.

graalvm.org/
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/GraalVM
blog.plan99.net/graal-truffle-134d8f28fb69

Qt, definitively.

nytimes.com/2019/03/25/smarter-living/why-you-procrastinate-it-has-nothing-to-do-with-self-control.html
news.ycombinator.com/item?id=19482238

Racket. it has static typing, gradual typing, dynamic typing, and contracts.

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Racket_features#Typed_Racket

Stuff that would be useful to me.

Rust and js, OK (backend & frontend), but why ruby?

algorithms.wtf

You can easily get 300k/year to maintain old cobol code.

randrange(current UNIX timestamp, current UNIX timestamp + one year)

Blame yourself for not doing TDD. Read Uncle Bob's trilogy.

Thank your for using an anime image.

Right now? I am scanning after unlicensed projects on github/gitlab to advice the maintainers to adopt GPLv3 ASAP.

Attached: dad-of-the-year.webm (2.35 MB, 1335x720)

Jaxson Garcia
Jaxson Garcia

Fuck off

Ayden Ward
Ayden Ward

is the traffic flow encrypted?
no
I once crafted my own implementation of RC4 to protect my data.
ok

Angel Ortiz
Angel Ortiz

micjohnson.github.io/js-hlspray/

Alexander Ross
Alexander Ross

All programming languages can be interpreted.
'interpreted' vs 'compiled' is literally just a single decision branch when you walk the ast - execute this node right now, or emit a different kind of language for later execution.

Anthony Baker
Anthony Baker

Attached: ss4.png (275 KB, 423x343)

John Rodriguez
John Rodriguez

an interpreter executes code.
a compiler transforms code.

Attached: proj.webm (1.71 MB, 1280x720)

Jordan Roberts
Jordan Roberts

i missed you senpai

Ryder Bailey
Ryder Bailey

All programming languages can be interpreted.
False.
Scripting is what you call the activity when a woman/onions/webdev/retard writes code.
Programming is everything else.
Since interpreted implies woman/onions/webdev/retard which in turn implies scripting, then we conclude that interpreted languages are scripting, or in other words, not programming.

Camden Hill
Camden Hill

an interpreter executes code.
So every compiler for a language which has compile-time-execution is also an interpreter, I see.
a compiler transforms code.
So every interpreter is also a compiler, I see.

Brody Diaz
Brody Diaz

My wife/daughter is so cute!

Joseph Ross
Joseph Ross

An interpreter is like a condom. It gets in the way of you and the cpu's precious resources.

Christian Baker
Christian Baker

@71002343

Attached: 1-fuck.jpg (40 KB, 500x491)

Isaiah Gonzalez
Isaiah Gonzalez

The CPU (interpter for machine code) is also a condom then.

Carson Flores
Carson Flores

And linked lists are like anal beads.

Xavier Ward
Xavier Ward

Scripting is what you call the activity when a woman/onions/webdev/retard writes code.
So I guess you're one of the scripters then? Your kind isn't welcome here. Use //boards.4channel.org/g/catalog#s=wdg%2F.

Ayden Morgan
Ayden Morgan

women/onions/webdevs/retards are incabable of writing code though.
And if interpreted languges are defined in terms of if women/onions/webdevs/retards writes any code in them it would mean that there are no such thing as an interpreted language.

QED.

Ian Clark
Ian Clark

many interpreter based implementations actually have a compilation stage (script -> bytecode) but it doesn't matters since it's transparent to the user.

Gavin Phillips
Gavin Phillips

Since interpreted implies woman/onions/webdev/retard
This statement is not well-defined. What is "interpreted" and how does it imply "woman/onions/webdev/retard"?

Jose Diaz
Jose Diaz

pragma more like ligma

Isaiah Evans
Isaiah Evans

This conclusion is fine too. However I have numerous counter examples to prove you wrong. I'll list just 2.
Ruby
Python

Dylan Stewart
Dylan Stewart

This conclusion is fine too.
I have numerous counter examples to prove you wrong
What did zhi mean by this?

Jack Diaz
Jack Diaz

Attached: tmp3.jpg (216 KB, 923x866)

Bentley Long
Bentley Long

Ruby
Python
What is that? Some w*bdev shit? Take that to //boards.4channel.org/g/catalog#s=wdg%2F.

Brandon Ramirez
Brandon Ramirez

So every compiler for a language which has compile-time-execution is also an interpreter, I see.
They may rely on an interpreter to achieve that but they are not interpreter by themselves. They are still outputting another program that you have to execute through an interpreter (hardware or software).

Jackson Wood
Jackson Wood

new thread when? :3

Luke Taylor
Luke Taylor

New thread:

This thread went surprisingly quick, because you were shitposting about dolls or some garbage.

Logan Garcia
Logan Garcia

they are not interpreter by themselves.
Why not? They are literally _interpreting_ code. How the fuck does that not make something an "interpreter" by the very definition of the word?

Evan Thompson
Evan Thompson

Interpreted: when the language implementation combines runtime and compilation into a single discrete step, or lacks a compilation step altogether. Or the language is never translated to native code at any stage.
Native code: code that the CPU can execute directly.
Note that dynamic typing also indirectly implies scripting.

Carson Barnes
Carson Barnes

I mean it is a conclusion that doesn't upset me emotionally.
But it's still wrong.

Julian Hill
Julian Hill

Yes, it's webdev shit. Hence, scripting.

Parker Perez
Parker Perez

because a compiler/interpreter is not defined by its implementation but by how the user would use it. is it really that hard to understand?

a compiler takes a program and outputs a program.
a interpreter executes(or evaluate, if functional) a program.

even if you are using constexpr everywhere in c++, the compiler still outputs a program.

Oliver Cook
Oliver Cook

dynamic typing
No such thing. Did you mean to say "dynamic type checking"?

Thomas Green
Thomas Green

a = eval(read())

what's the type of a?

Joshua Wilson
Joshua Wilson

indirectly implies
What is "indirectly implies"?
scripting.
What is "scripting"? What connection does it have to "interpreted"?

Jeremiah Powell
Jeremiah Powell

I don't understand this syntax. Can you rewrite it in a more human language?
what's the type of a?
This is a meaningless question in general. Typechecking an expression (answering the question "what type does this expression have?") only makes sense using given typing rules (which you didn't provide) in a given context (which you didn't provide).

Isaac Morris
Isaac Morris

here a full example

ideone.com/KjPshO

Oliver Phillips
Oliver Phillips

There isn't a single unique 'a' in that example. And I don't see a definition of Python's type system in that link. Your question is still meaningless.

Disable AdBlock to view this page

Disable AdBlock to view this page

Confirm your age

This website may contain content of an adult nature. If you are under the age of 18, if such content offends you or if it is illegal to view such content in your community, please EXIT.

Enter Exit

About Privacy

We use cookies to personalize content and ads, to provide social media features and to analyze our traffic. We also share information about your use of our site with our advertising and analytics partners.

Accept Exit