Jow Forumspills

Dark themes hurt your eyes
Blue backgrounds hurt your eyes
Tabs are superior to spaces
Windows programming is easier than Linux programming
Intel exploits will never pose a real world threat

Attached: caveman.jpg (1600x1099, 236K)

>the thinking man's colors

Attached: 1542020947738.png (921x738, 61K)

>Windows programming is easier than Linux programming
For what? C# and Javascript cancer?

Straight up C++ my user

Imagine programming something in 2019 without pic related, lol

Attached: visual_studio.jpg (1200x794, 75K)

Ah yes, the classic pajeet.

this, but Visual Studio Code. I dual-boot Windows on my Apple iMac btw.

sent from my iphone

I'm a full stack software engineer buddy, I know more Linux than 98% of Jow Forums yet still I keep coming back to Visual Studio. It's just the best and makes C++ programming the most comfortable that it can be.

Code != VS, they are completely unrelated apart from the name

Attached: costum.jpg (1024x512, 44K)

I don't care if you know that pajeet kernel well.

>Dark themes hurt your eyes
computer screens hurt your eyes in general, it's just easier to look at darker ones
>Blue backgrounds hurt your eyes
^^
>Tabs are superior to spaces
correct
correct, for the most part
>Intel exploits will never pose a real world threat
correct

>easier to look at darker ones
You people must live in the catacombs or something, because it's my experience that dark themes hurt my eyes much more than light themes

>easier to look at darker ones
not true or maybe only at night

finally a thread where the faggots of Jow Forums can come together.
who wants to charge crystals together.
I need mine charged because developing on windows uses a lot of JO power.

Attached: jo_crystal.png (1200x1200, 374K)

Actual Jow Forums pills
solarized > dark > light
vim || emacs > GUI
GNU/Linux > Mac > Windows
Amd > Intel

Here's a real one.
Emacs > nano > Vi

>vim || emacs > GUI
How about Visual Studio with vim plugin

Cancer tier.

Max comfy

is there anything comparable to it in MacOS? or should i duel boot?

visual code > Emacs

Hey, Prakesh.

if you use an ide to program you're a fucking retard and shouldn't be on Jow Forums

emacs is gui

it's true it pains me to say it but vim and emacs cannot compete visual code is just too convenient. this is the absolute state of software in 2019.
somehow people are not able to build decent software jonathan blow is right. civilization will collapse.

>Intel exploits will never pose a real world threat
HAHAHAHHAHA i7TODDLERS ARE /v/TARDS
COPE

Attached: satania_getting_shot.webm (1280x720, 650K)

Sounds like you don't write actual software

Real projects are large
Gl navigating everything with Vim

I remember being 16 too

(You)r eyes are fucked.

Navigating? Is good folder structure and a gui for it like in npp good enough for big boy projects?

Windows is the absolute worst platform for C++. If you want to add dependencies they have to have exact same runtime target, and there are debug single threaded, debug multithreaded, release single threaded, release multithreaded and they also have to have the exact same windows dependency, which could also be one of those 4, so you end up with 16 different option for dependencies and you get linker errors if you mix any of them. To add dependencies i have had to waste hours because of incompatibilities (for example using openssl).
On gnu/linux you just install a dependency from the package manager and use it, you will never have linker errors. Literally takes seconds.

Also for IDE, ironically visual studio code with cquery is actually superior to visual studio and it works on multiple platforms.

But you can't play games on Linux. So good luck using C++ to write a game.

>Windows is the absolute worst platform for C++
Stopped reading here.

t. actual expert with years of professional experience

No

A full IDE provides a lot more functionality. I went through the full vim stage and it passes once you don't want to waste time with vimrc. I still use vim to edit things quickly, but not for large scale projects.

Cringe and dunningkrugerpilled

Based and professionalpilled

>But you can't play games on Linux.
it's 2019 fucking boomer

Attached: xd.jpg_large.jpg (512x408, 45K)

Yes, there's more games out there than ever

Also on linux you just add pkg-config --cflags --libs libname and you get the dependency. Visual c++ devs themselves say instead of dealing with all that crap, everytime they make a project they copy the source of all dependencies (and their dependencies) to the project they want to use and compile from source. If you use certain libraries, that means you have to manually go to different websites and download > 15 libraries and copy their sources to your project and manually add each #include usage to your main project. You will waste a lot of time doing this, especially when you just want to get things going fast and first experiment.

Ok mr. not-biased-at-all, list 10 problems you encounter with GNU/Linux C++ dev

This oughta be good

You can play games on Linux. I've written games on Linux and it's much easier than on Windows.
>>Windows is the absolute worst platform for C++
> Stopped reading here.

> t. actual expert with years of professional experience
I'm also a programmer with years of professional experience and i'm glad we now use Linux as platform for c++. Also being an "expert with years of professional experience" doesn't mean your opinion is valid. I've seen a lot of professional devs that are worse than hobby programmers.

Saying that Windows is less comfortable to code C++ with than Linux is absurd. Yes, Windows projects take a while to configure. But it's smooth sailing from there on. Linux projects on the other hand are a chaos of inconsistent build systems, idiotic library versioning and outdated platforms

How's that CMake treating you?

I'm biased, because I used Windows for 10 years of development before this, and all those issues were gone after switching to an unix like os. When using c and c++ you can see that it's meant to be used on an unix like environment (after all, thats where c comes from)

Good luck trying to use an outdated lib version or compiling outdated software

Also you haven't answered my question, so you're irrelevant

I used to use CMake and it wasn't that bad, but it wasn't good either. It was still better than Visual Studio project setup though. I now use meson and it's much easier on both linux and windows.

>Good luck trying to use an outdated lib version or compiling outdated software
Why?

>It was still better than Visual Studio project setup though

Attached: 272v5e.jpg (299x299, 15K)

Oh I don't know, maybe your whole enterprise worth millions of dollars depends on it? Who cares about a minor issue like that though, right. Keep using Linux, stick it to the man

But It isn't hard to use an older lib version or compile old software.

That wasn't me who replied. Anyways, in an enterprise environment you use the same system and so you have the same version of dependencies. We do this at work and there are no issues.

lol

ok

Winjeet cope that doesn't know how to manage dependencies. If you're gonna larp, at least make it believable. Years of professional experience my ass.

Attached: 1558081465080.jpg (638x1000, 92K)

It's true, pajeet.

LMAOing @ ur lyfe. Maybe do some research before larping as a "professional" dev.

Oh and what happens if your hardware craps? You're just going to magically ressurect a system that will accept your now broken program? Or are you going to spend countless hours updating it to current lib?

Are you that dumb? Please stop replying

It's not hard on Windows, because Microsoft made sure it's not hard.

It's absolutely bollocks fucking mission impossible tier on fucking GNU/Linux, because the entire system is designed without any consideration for legacy whatsoever, it's a fucking joke

Keep eating feet germs off Stallman's feet all you want just don't tell me bullshit I know to be bullshit

Retarded LARPer confirmed.

No but you might be since apparently you have no idea what I'm even talking about. Consider shutting up to stop embarrasing yourself

Not sure what you mean? if your hardware is broken, get a new system and just install same shit again. The dependencies wont have updated so your software still work

No one is believing you. Your posts reek of 1st year uni student or a larping NEET. Try harder next time.

Plain simple retard confirmed

Lincucks can't even understand what the fuck I'm saying, lmao. Hilarious. Enjoy your eventual shitfest when you actually work on a real project

"No one" with the sample size of you and the other retard that keep drooling from the mouth repeating the mantra of "Linux is perfect hurr durr"?

Very informative

No one is saying that at all. Your view on dependency management on Linux is extremely flawed. You're retarded. Stop posting

What a fucking cancer thread

You should all be ashamed of yourself.

Attached: dog getting paper.gif (426x236, 3.81M)

I'd say it's quite correct. Linux dependency management boils down to "look new lib here lmao"

What do you think about emacs? A lot of people using it are hired more and shit don't they?

Not that guy but many people use Vim professionally and it works great for them.

I can't see myself using Vim for anything other than very small things though. I use spacemacs at work.

Better but has honestly fallen in popularity
There really isn't that much overhead in clicking a button vs typing

>There really isn't that much overhead in clicking a button vs typing
Eh, it adds up over time

I learned Vim precisely so I could program more or less withuot using the mouse

I guess everyone is different in that respect but I spend more time thinking than typing

/v/ is a cancer for Jow Forums and Jow Forums is the metastasis.

there are shitton of libraries for anything you may wanna want. pick your poison.

>Lincucks can't even understand what the fuck I'm saying
nobody can, user.

Attached: 1543394554361.jpg (945x835, 46K)

hardware has nothing to do with operating system in this context

t. never had a programming job in his life

i, for once, agree.

Maybe try learning how the package manager works or how to use libs manually

>it's just easier to look at darker ones
It isn't. Dark theme is the biggest meme out. When the majority of the screen is dark it causes you pupils to open needlessly wide, and then the lighter text is seared into your retinas.

There is a macOS version of Visual Studio, isn't it.

The worst thing about dark themes is that whenever you open a program with no theme support or a web page with a white background, you feel like someone just poked you in the eyes.