Decided to learn programming

>decided to learn programming
>after 2 hours realized how time was passing by

Attached: sweating-pepe.jpg (218x218, 8K)

Have coffee or tea on standby. What language are you learning?

back to r*ddit you go, frogfag

Dart + Flutter

2 hours passed and I need go to bed because I have to go to work tomorrow. Wasted time. I achieved nothing. I won't become more interesting person learning that, girls won't become wet looking at my flutter skill, I won't achieve harmony with myself, it's not even interesting pastime. Couple of mouse clicks, couple of paragraph reading and bam! - 2 hours gone!

What did you do exactly?

>tries to learn something for 2 hours
>gives up
You're a massive loser, no offense.

Don't learn programming if you don't need it for a job.
Programmers are loser go out and talk to people.

I was following the official tutotial where you build a list of words app

>decided to learn programming
>Dart + Flutter
Why?

And that you haven't learned anything.

Programming is simply put virtual tool creation. If you're not interested in that, don't learn it.

Learn a real language user, the kind you can use to communicate with people, learning a programming language will just distance you from people

Seething

>finish programming something difficult (for me)
>realize 12 hours have passed
>last meal: 14 hours ago
>last drink: 6 hours ago

are you me?

Attached: 1553185775628.jpg (400x400, 17K)

Why not? Checkmate!

Because they are memes.

Less meme than Jow Forums writing FizzBuzzes with Lisp. At least with Flutter, you get something you can show to other people and say "I made this".

If you ever want to stop being worthless neet, you should be learning Java, Python, C++ or C# (wouldn't hurt to learn C before any of the above).
You will never get a job with fucking Dart

>finish programming something difficult (for me)
why does this hurt

Dart is very similar language to Java, C++, and C#, down to the very syntax. If you know how to do OOP with Dart, it's very easy to make a switch to those other languages. Dart has a very pleasant development cycle for beginners and veteran coders alike. Due to its AOT+JIT nature, you get to use hot reloading during debugging, allowing you to make changes to your code on the fly without having to recompile the whole program or resetting the state between changes. With Flutter, you'll be doing UI stuff at the same time you learn Dart (In Flutter, all UI is defined programatically), so you get more satisfying feedback loop of your learning than just watching a command line program print some characters to std::cout.

You only really need to know javascript to get a job.

>start doing something
>10 minutes pass
>already want to do something else

who /cantfocus/ here?

Attached: crying2.png (600x730, 102K)

Take 20 minute periods to work exclusively on your task then take short breaks to drink some water, walk around or maybe browse Jow Forums. Most important part is being able to reel yourself back during those short breaks.

Good luck.

If those are your motivations to learn programming don’t bother.

Vyvanse works for me

how long do you think those short breaks should be?

This is why I stopped programming.

now you know why the AI is advancing rapidly

Is there non-degenerate ways to do webdev?

I thought it'd be fun to get into it, make an interactive website of some kind.
But the moment I started looking up webdev, I realized it's a towering mound of shit piled on top of other shit. Why so many frameworks? Do you really need to learn two dozen "web technologies" to make a fucking website? What the fuck is going on in there?

You're doing the wrong thing. Dart is an advanced meme language like Rust.

>Why so many frameworks?
It's overwhelming at first but there are reasons to the madness. There are gorillion JS implementations in different browsers and you want your one deployed software package to cover all of them. Modern websites written in React+Redux for an example are full-blown in-browser applications.

Just keep at it. Some days I only manage to do one or a couple lines on my pet project, but that's okay. Other days I can hours or the whole day. I try to program something every day, even if it's post a single line. The more you learn, the more fun it becomes.

>s overwhelming at first but there are reasons to the madness.

Though this be madness, yet there is method in it.

Me when I concentrate in something.

BTFO

What frameworks? I only learned vanilla JS and React, I'm not doing more than that.

>he does react without redux
>absolute sweetie