You HAVE converted all those cassettes with your childhood memories to a digital format, right Jow Forums?

You HAVE converted all those cassettes with your childhood memories to a digital format, right Jow Forums?

Attached: vhs180_open_2018.jpg (1024x702, 66K)

I'm not a pathetic virgin, so no.

i deleted all of them. fuck them.

Attached: IMG_20190430_162356.jpg (143x145, 7K)

i don't want to remember A THING from the past

I don't really care about memories. My parents do this shit but I don't feel like I need that. Maybe I'll regret it if I'm old but for now I don't really care.

>You HAVE converted all those cassettes with your childhood memories to a digital format, right Jow Forums?
How to do op

I use Golden Videos by NCH Software

It’s too late. They’ve been long deteriorated by now.

Haven't gotten something that can convert my VHS's to digital yet.

can't find a working vcr

Attached: 1558019671271.jpg (480x480, 22K)

Get a USB capture card to connect your computer to your VCR, capture the output of the VCR with VirtualDub (works in WINE) with the HuffYUV codec, then use Handbrake to compress the file. You should also de-interlace the file in VirtualDub if you want to upload it online. Most video players (i.e; VLC, MPV, MPlayer, Quicktime etc.), however, can do proper de-interlacing on the fly, so it isn't needed if you don't want to upload it anywhere.

Fuck em
I'll just download some genius Chinese kids' videos from YouTube and tell people that's me

I'm sorry to hear that m. Plinkett

Recommendations for the USB capture card?

What are you willing to spend?

>on Jow Forums
>wants to remember childhood
Pick one.

less than $100 us, more if i really have to

I'd recommend the ATI 600, then. Could be had for around $60 if you're lucky. But it's the best quality card if you're on a budget and want to use USB. Otherwise there is the Pinnacle 510. It's around $100, but is better built and has better chips in it.

I actually bleachbit my childhood memories with alcohol every night. Small humans are disgusting and I refuse to believe I ever was one.

Just checked and the card you mentioned was made by THE ATI.
How's the driver support tho?

It just worked for me in GNU/Linux when I added the firmware/driver. But apparently you need to use an older version of wangblows, if you are that way inclined. As in, Windows XP SP2. Although apparently Windows 7 works, though I cannot confirm that.

No my parents still like the vcr because they're worthless boomer trash

oh, heavens no, i tossed out all those VHS cassettes out in the early 1990's and i keep all my childhood memories inside my brain like normal people do

thanks, luckily i have a windows xp and a linux machine. i'll check it out.

What happens when you grow into an old man with dementia?