Turns out Intel is the shittiest tech company in the world and has been for over a decade...

Turns out Intel is the shittiest tech company in the world and has been for over a decade, but we're learning about it now.

>sells you a CPU
>patches out more than 40% performance
>heh nothing personnel kiddo

Attached: Screenshot_2019-05-19_14-14-40.png (799x508, 114K)

Other urls found in this thread:

phoronix.com/scan.php?page=article&item=mds-zombieload-mit&num=8
phoronix.com/scan.php?page=article&item=mds-zombieload-mit&num=9
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

amdfag here. I fucking love it. Keep it up Intel.

fuck you. i hate you. you have a cpu that doesn't deteriorate with every kernel patch and i'm envious like a little bitch. my i3 4370 is now FUCKING SLOWER THAN MY CORE 2 DUO FROM 2008. eclipse takes 3 times longer to load on windows, everything is slow as shit, i can make a cup of coffe while all the editors and browsers and shit load

i will fucking NEVER buy intel again

oy vey, I reported this thread to aipac!

You might use inSpectre program to disable some Mitigations
And use setexploit to false in PowerShell
This way it will regain some performance
But still amdfag is right
Never buy Intel again

My games definitely did not become 40% slower. Maybe 5% at best. Still better than anything AMD can offer.

hahaha, ryzen squad where you at

just when i upgrade to a non-poorfag level ssd this. and to think i went from a 4c4t 3570k to a 3770 for the threads while changing the mobo to have vt-d available just 6 months ago i feel like pulling my hair out.

FUUUUUUUCCCCCCCCCKKKKKKKKKK

epyc embedded here i come

>apple says "performance can be reduced by UP TO 40% when hyperthreading is disabled"
>muh games are fine with the mitigations even though we already know the last round of spectre fix and ht itself already had no effect.
I know /v/ is retarded and video games are the last bastion for intel shills but please stop being a fucking idiot and read what's being posted. It's already confirmed that the fixes will affect the context switch performance.

delid dis

Fuckin/g/ nazis

Delete this!

oof

>but we're learning about it now.
Sure. If you're a dumbass zoomer.

still much faster than the competition

Boy, did you miss all that spectre shit last year?

I love it when you exacerbate it more and more every time a new number comes up even though you're perfectly aware it only affects certain operations.
You cling to this like Intel is raping your asshole IRL even though no one is actually affected by this.

>more damage control

Nice try kiddo

Attached: 1512302161200.jpg (888x499, 76K)

>even though no one is actually affected by this
>yet

>buzzwords because you don't have anything to stand on anymore

yep no one was effected by this

Attached: 1558241260368.jpg (600x540, 58K)

Yup. As I said, it only affects certain operations.
You as a customer aren't affected.
Might want to edit that image if you want to AMDrone with it.

We knew and you wouldn't listen. Convenience and video games is the only thing you lot care about. Gotta get the most performance at the expense of freedom.

>Gotta get the most performance
And in the end they didn't even get that. I've never seen so many jaded consumers defend such a shitty company.

SSD speeds don't matter huh?

Intel has lost 90% of the datacenter market to AMD, ARM, and Power9 you moron. Amazon stopped buying Intel almost two years ago.

>buy Intel 2 years ago
>yee boi fast as fucc
>meltdown + spectre patches release
> slight slowdown, still pree good on speed
>see ryzen drop, looks pretty good
>new Zombieload patch
>everything is slow as shit
>arguably slower than my old winXP system
>bother to benchmark
>xp does BETTER than new system
>new win10 security updates may have bricked my system
I will NEVER buy anything Intel again
Fuck em.

jelly Jow Forums?

Attached: dude.png (672x333, 27K)

based

You can thank Intel for that.

>windows

ok retard

wow one no-name cloud provider

the last cloud provider to buy intel processors, probably

>all of them combined make up 25% impact
>people are claiming just 1 mitigation causes 40%
hmmm

You'll never have a processor cheaper than this gen again. Relish it.

>be intel
>build in backdoors for mossad
>goys find backdoors
>all cpu's lose massive amounts of performance to close backdoor
>cpu market stays stabile.

Buy our newest Intel® Core™ CPU goy and all your problems will be over!

>well it looks like Intel made a mistake, better jump to ???
Not like there's any competition, of course I'm going to keep buying it.

thank god linux doesn't force update itself

I expect Intel to make a deal with PepsiCo soon, in time for E3. Get your Doritos, Dew and Intel CPUs gaymers, don't be left behind in Fortnite! They have a couple of months left before Zen 2, so might as well milk it.

Attached: robomiku.jpg (960x720, 76K)

>well it looks like Inshit made yet ANOTHER piss poor architecture choice at the cost of security.
FTFY. Easy to claim to be king of the hill of CPU performance when security isn't a concern
>Not like there's any competition
Ahahahahahaha...oh wait you're being serious.
Enjoy your pozzed bullshit CPU sport.

If you really think anything is going to replace x86 anytime soon you're delusional.

What if I dont give a fuck about my vulnerability? Do they force this update through on me? How?

Can you just opt out of these patches. I don't give a fuck if someone steals my video game saves or music collection.

Can you write that in english?

I wasn't going to upgrade from my three 3rd gen i7 systems...until now. This is a complete shitshow and it only gets worse from here.

>Ryzen here I come

Can you ship me those processors if you're not gonna use em?

its called meltdown for a reason

you can only hope no one targets you

Just turn off the updates and install Norton. You'll be protect against everything and you'll not slow your shit.

Attached: le best solution.jpg (640x480, 24K)

>Norton
lol

RED TEAM!

samefag

>even though no one is actually affected by this.
AYO HOL UP

Attached: Screenshot_2019-05-18 The Performance Impact Of MDS Zombieload Plus The Overall Cost Now Of Spectre (600x389, 24K)

Nice (((graphs)))

more proof than you've provided, faggot.

phoronix.com/scan.php?page=article&item=mds-zombieload-mit&num=8

Intel went all in on "Girls in STEM" a few years ago. They've become a virtue signaling company. They'll follow the path of Firefox into self destruction. Meanwhile based Granny over at AMD is burning it up, showing you can have women in tech positions (even if hers is leadership) when you select by merit and ability rather than diversity points.

Why are incels still screeching about not being affected when it's been shown that context switches have gone to shit?

Literal paid shilling.

Attached: intel.jpg (1845x1923, 1.25M)

Kind of wish I hadn't given away my copy of the pink shirt book.
I feel sorry for you kids not experiencing a time when a nerd could hold (just about) every nuance of a PC in his head at once.
To get that feel nowadays you have to fuck around with microcontrollers (probably

Attached: Norton_Guide_to_PC_VGA.jpg (280x354, 17K)

Put Arch on that thing, then we'll talk.

>been shown

AMD doesn't have this problem, because with AMD, you get real CPU cores.

So, that my x230 feels slower is because of this?

Attached: 1495956076532.jpg (600x600, 27K)

>Advertise certain performance numbers and security and features like Hyper Threading
>Security is completely fucked, extremely expensive and not even fully functional software patches cripple performance in the hope of thwarting at least some attacks, Hyper Threating must be disabled
>Customers now have a slow CPU with no Hyper threading that is still vulnerable to attacks

Hmm. I mean, what else do you need to do to be actionable?

On the subject of backdoors, shitty security and depreciated hardware, was the Bulldozer the best CPU of the decade? No ME or PSP, none of the recent speculative execution security holes and gained in performance since more software uses multithreading now than ever before. Is this the power of AMD FineWine™ technology?

Attached: AMD-Bulldozer-CPU-580x334.jpg (580x334, 20K)

Pff. Their girls are obviously the ones making the installer GUIs for the Intel ME malware shit functionality on Winodws, not designing CPUs.

> but we're learning about it now
> t. zoomer

>and gained in performance
Cool! It can surely beat C2D now.

Kek, AMD is going to shit itself when some mindless idiot tries to game on the 16 core
or even the 10-12 core zen 2 variant, Hell even the 8 core, Memory latency from CCX is going to take a dump, And i'm going to laugh really fucking hard when people buy this thinking it will outgame intel.

Attached: sg.jpg (981x855, 264K)

>this level of SEETHING from inShills

That all you got?

Attached: 1540748875231.jpg (386x386, 5K)

that tweet is old

it was 25% before loss of HT, 40% additional loss on top of that 25% AFTER Zombieload

The 2600x already does, which is conveniently left off your gay chart.

>2600@ 4.2 niggahurts

They even gave it an overclock lol

oof

Attached: mitigations.jpg (1918x1080, 592K)

Context switching penalty is 600% and rising with each exploit mitigation. Kiss any I/O intensive or VM workloads goodbye.

phoronix.com/scan.php?page=article&item=mds-zombieload-mit&num=9

Yes i love running VM's on chrome OS. Fucking kek

that's before the most recent batch btw.

That 600% is essentially a floor even without HT disabled. It impacts Xen, KVM, and Hyper-V.

How much FPS do you get in VirtualBox?

no, competition is actually way faster now :^)
enjoy your shitty cpu

I get ALLLLL da frames!

Here, Have some fresh OC. Some you you people actually are delusional.

Attached: R20.jpg (1644x795, 376K)

>Fortnight on my Chromebook now runs at 4.9 FPS instead of 5
HOW COULD THIS HAPPEN

Attached: 9400F vs 2700X.jpg (1926x947, 468K)

>the competition can't leak

Attached: hqdefault (1).jpg (480x360, 12K)

>AMD
>1/1
jesus

enjoy your before mitigation scores while you still can :^)

I'll keep them for all eternity, This whole thing stinks of snake oil desu and I'm not ever going to patch unless i start hearing of people actually getting their shit compromised, Which has never happened in the wild. It's nice maxing every game i play at 144fps without having absolutely no frame drop, I returned my 2700X because of it.

MSS pls go

I tried so hard, and got so far

Attached: 1558213251660.jpg (700x421, 33K)

But, in the end, it doesn't even matter

Attached: 1558238200657.png (1316x1634, 85K)

I had to fall, to lose it all

Attached: 1558278035397.jpg (792x2140, 481K)

But, in the end, it doesn't even matter...

Attached: 1558279452668.png (804x572, 36K)

Kek

It's hilarious when AMDrones shit on Based Steve when he's just polishing up new benchmarks...for the new Ryzens

This video and the workstation GPU video are hilarious

Why did Linus buy a bunch of dud 2700Xs again?

Looks like he has buyer's remorse

Because Intel shills do everything they can to lie and damage control.

Bonus points if they suffer from buyer's remorse.

Attached: 1537419972674.png (1037x311, 340K)

Yes
However the only reason it is the CPU of the decade it's the lack of backdoors and Intel being so incredibly shit, there's basically no competition
Thanks for posting the link
Based