IEM advice request template:
>Your Budget
>Your Location
>Wired/wireless
>Over-ear IEMs/Hanging IEMs/Earbuds
>Sound signature
>Past IEMs

prev

Attached: HTB15HbbdUD.BuNjt_h7q6yNDVXaz.jpg (800x800, 327K)

Other urls found in this thread:

aliexpress.com/item/32918220523.html
store.jaben.com/products/phatlab-sassy
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

Panasonic RP-HJE125

Same

Based and hjepilled

>budget
>Location
USA
>Wired or wireless
Wireless
>Prefer in ear rather than a pod or bud
>No option for sound signature just as long as they sound good for around 100 dollars
>Past IEMs
Tin T2, some cheap Sony wired earbuds, and a set of Sony wireless earbuds that broke

not released yet but heard good things about oneplus bullets wireless 2

reposting review of yinyoo 16 core silver plated balanced cable for my kanas pros:
aliexpress.com/item/32918220523.html

>stock cable is slightly longer (3-5in maybe?)
>yinyoo has colored rings at the plugs (red/blue), and little dots on one side of the pins that turned out has to be pointed away from the tips
>i probably have them plugged in on the wrong ear in pic, i switched to the other side and they sound perfect now

as far as sound vs stock cable, they seem a lot fuller to me, could be placebo as some have said, but particularly the bass sounds a bit stronger (not overwhelming given kanas pros, but more presence), and overall the sounds are a bit louder which i assume is expected with balanced cables.
noticeable increase in richness of sounds on anything from flac 16/44 and higher, and i assume also in mp3s, as compared to stock cable. it's like a mini upgrade of the KP sound, with a slight increase in bass. currently using the stock soundmagic e10 tips which worked well for me (added a bit more bass to the stock KP tips). i'll have to test out with other tips and see how it changes the sound then.
>so i tried the KP stock tips (which are more neutral compared to the soundmagic stock tips) and i got to tell you lads, this combo of dap+cable+iems+tips is perfection - neutral with that KP midbass and bass extensions which just make it delicious
>it's listening to the KP unleashed

it was a bit confusing figuring out left/right (thank hiby for adding a balance sound outpout option), but once i had the phones on their proper side, it's working fine. i have to add that only the right side worked at first, but i pushed the plug deeper into the balanced input port and it works

worth the $20? to me it was. also the black color is sexy as hell compared to the pinkish/goldish stock cable, and it's more flexible and feels softer.

9/10 will probably get a spare soon

Attached: hiby k3 yinyoo kanas pro pink floyd shine on.jpg (1200x1334, 301K)

I miss the other girl i bet she has good looking feet.

next time

Attached: thumb_d_gallery_1c38192e.jpg (1204x800, 112K)

>budget
100€
>location
central europe
>Type
wired, in-ear
>Sound signature
balanced
>Past IEMs
senneiser, model unknown

Can this cable improve the stock sound of Tin T3? The cable on those seems solid as well.

does anybody know what the successor of the xiaomi hybrid pro is (the non hd version)?

It's $20, just say fuck it and go for it.

Attached: Cables CAN make a difference if you TRULY BELIEVE AND WISH IT IN YOUR HEART!.jpg (1280x720, 48K)

Cables don't do shit lol. It's just placebo. Comparing cables is all just about the impedance of them. Im not sure since I don't have KP but still stock cables usually are pretty shitty. The one on my iSines was above average but still was pretty shitty in terms of softness and feel. I just buy cables for the feel or to get away from shitty stock cables and their high impedance.

>It's just placebo
i did mention that, and whether the impedence or something else changed the sound signature (as slight as the change may be), the change is there. either way i'm satisfied with the purchase

Bit of a convoluted opinion but does /iemg/ think cables matter. I'm really considering some nocturnal cables but if they are just placebo I probably won't really bother.

see the last few posts above yours

>budget
£120
>location
England
>Type
wired, in-ear
>Sound signature
Analytical?
>Past IEMs
Sony, T2's

Cables can have different impedance ratings, which will alter the frequency response of a headphone. Outside of that, unless something is horribly wrong with a cable and it isn't delivering the signal that it is supposed to (regardless of material/construction), any perceived difference is all in your head. If you buy them for comfort/aesthetic, then they serve a purpose. Anything other than that is a waste of money, nonwithstanding your personal happiness.

t3 comes with a good cable
any "upgrade" is purely aesthetic

>does /iemg/ think cables matter
try listening to your regular earbuds without cables :)

build your own cable or buy a EAC64CL and call it a day. Expensive cables do the same thing as good cheap cables.

should i upgrade my er4s to xr? i have jds labs c5.

Attached: IMG_20190519_235655.jpg (1920x2395, 738K)

I'm looking for true wireless IEMs and I just found the RHA Trueconnect, are they actually the real deal or is it just shilling? The main problem I've seen in reviews is the connectivity

What foam tips do I get for Tin T2s again?

doesn’t matter, there’s no way to salvage those pos

Any t400 size tip will fit, so choose whatever you like. Tips that aren't comply or dekoni are usually from the same manufacturer.

QCY QS1 or airdots?

I don't own any of those, but I've readed that QCY QS1 are better than airdots.

im so fucking frustrated. I've probably spent months, actually no years, learning all I can about headphones and I still don't know which I would even mark as "end game". or even fucking understand anything for that matter. studies show we cant detect distortion on headphones, barely need any dac performance to be transparent, seems like any $20 pair of dynamic drivers and DSP should be able to produce whatever target you want.
That's my whole thing if there is a better sound out there I absolutely need it, same with keyfeel on keyboards.
it's so fucking stupid
WHAT SHOULD A HEADPHONE SOUND LIKE?
WHY DOES EVERYONE PRETEND THAT BORDERLINE RANDOM FREQUENCY RESPONSES SOUND GOOD AND ARE PREFERABLE TO A TARGET, ANY TARGET.
i dont fucking understand these people
no your $2000 25 driver piece of shit does not magically produce the most ideal frequency response possible

They're called earbuds faggot. Nobody will EVER call them whatever autistic bullshit you spout. You amuse me with your idiocy.

Those are good threads.
Do you guys have a guide/pastebin?

Attached: 3f3c43a5ed5f925c.jpg (662x920, 319K)

Attached: audiophile anime character.webm (640x360, 2.86M)

why not just listen to what you can, and buy what sounds best to you instead of getting all autistic about what other people choose to do?

>911
Why even use the internet then?

dab on poorfags

Holy shit, sauce. kek

Find me something ANYTTHING that wont fall out of my fucking ears
>clear your ears nigger
doesnt help. ever. sound leaks and thats that. never bother looking because ity would be just be 25x mocked up pieces of shit that just collect ear wax.

because the sheer amount of other people making poor choices has made getting actual information impossible.
the closest we have are the sean olive studies which really is just an average but even then literally no one agrees over it.
i just want the most possible enjoyment out of my music until i can have speakers.
at least with speakers there is agreement over what sounds best, it's a flat fucking line.

your life

The best sound I ever got was when the jack for this new headset was a little over-sized, and so I rammed it in nice and deep into the socket. I guess it made extra contact, because for the next week or so, things sounded phenomenal, like I was in a cathedral or something. Then it loosened up and I was never able to get that kind of sound again.

Attached: 1549674858904.png (1494x3535, 2.43M)

There's no such thing as objective endgame. Separation, un-jagged frequency response, solid looking square waves, all great stuff, but the nature of any product archetype is that people will make better ones to outsell the older models.
Decide on 4-5 cheaper models you enjoy listening to, then look for a significantly better version with similar yet less distorted measurements.
Cables matter in their construction. A lower impedance, less sound transmitted from your clothing running against the cable, more supple, direction of the jack all make a difference so not all cables are made equally. But aside from impedance and oxygen rusting the cable from the inside out, no, nothing to bother with. I buy cheap comfy cables and replace them when they start to rust

you do realize what sounds best to an individual is entirely subjective....right?

I don't think it is. We should be able to determine what speakers sound like at the ear drum itself.
If we do that we'll be hearing what most musicians hear in the studio when they make the music.

good luck with that

well I think sean olive did do that, his latest in ear target is essentially perfect but apparently there isn't a single other user who thinks so

People have different eardrums they're not all factory made
The best option is to buy the objectively best, flattest speakers you can and then eq them to taste

The mid-fi faggotry in this thread is off the charts.

>Your Budget
$150 or less
>Your Location
United States of America
>Wired/wireless
Wireless
anything but airpod style, don't mind either true wireless or wireless with a cable
>Sound signature
not crazy on bass
>Past IEMs
Sony wired and wireless, TIN T2

Attached: 71S-L-Q76-L._SL1500_.jpg (1200x1500, 170K)

Aptx mmcx cable and whatever $100 earbuds with a mmcx cable get recommended already

zsn

Attached: 20190516_192103.jpg (4032x1960, 1.79M)

>find out what kind of sound you like
>start with a cheap iem set that comes close to that to carry you through the following
>research and ask about similar signature models, try out a few models
>get the one that matches your likes and budget, not necesarily most expensive, but definitely the best quality you can find
it's not difficult, just time consuming (and expensive if you dont stick to one signature or get distracted)
but in the end you can find your own holy grail

Attached: hiby r3 kanas pro yinyoo pink floyd dogs.jpg (1029x1300, 427K)

what’s listening with, user?

Attached: F8C873A0-1348-4561-8D99-04C496A7D02E.jpg (4032x3024, 2.06M)

nah those suck

Attached: 20190519_204445.jpg (3024x4032, 3.58M)

what the hell are those?

pretty impressive for $5

Attached: solder_dots.png (1920x1080, 3.88M)

Where can I get cheap foam tips that aren't going to give me lead poisoning?

read there is a lot of static, noise, and reliability problems with little bear, that been your experience too? I just picked up an alo cdm and it’s absolutely incredible sounding, quite versatile given all its in/outs too. It’s been completely noise free with all of the different tubes I’ve rolled.

Attached: DEF46E4D-EBF2-4A20-A4D7-88BA041DA869.jpg (4032x3024, 2.2M)

Yeah sadly it's a staticky mess at anything above 9 o'clock but it sounds great. Adds a nice warmth and an increase to sound stage. Haven't had any reliability problems with it but I've only had it for about 2 months now.

iSine LX

that sucks, maybe you get good use with iem in the volume range below static?

there’s a pretty decent discount here

store.jaben.com/products/phatlab-sassy

never heard it but came across when looking at what’s available.

are they loud to other people? sounds like they'd be leaking all over

They leak but not much. If you keep them at a decent volume it's not bad.

Shitty camera quality since phone is in image.
>ifi xDSD
>NiceHCK dt600
>shure tri-flange
>EAC64CL
/comfy/

Attached: 1529544734957.png (601x441, 480K)

Shall I get them? ):

Has anyone tried the NiceHCK F3? Seems really interesting because it's got a DD, Planar driver and a BA.

and I thought the disjointed sound from dd/ba hybrids was bad enough, this must be an incoherent mess!

>tfw too autistic for IEMs and can only have earbuds
feels bad man

wut? what's the difference?

IEM = weird rubber thing in my ear bad bad bad sound bad feeling autism flares up
Earbud = loose plastic thing that just about fits into the outermost part of my ear, no long rubber tip

No need you probably won't ear the difference anyway.

You probably shorted contacts and the channels must have gotten crossed.

No it's thread policy. Only a template.
Ever tried spin fit or foams ?
We have plenty of richfags here who actually post their setup. Unlike /hpg/ where it's only shitposting. You should go back btw

There's some good earbuds and even some high end ones. Not everything is lost user.

The Headroom MS16 are the best ones I came across so far

I'm looking for earbuds with the following qualities.

what are some earbuds that will last me a long fucking time? i don't care about sound quality/price (fucked ears), i just want a pair that lasts me for a very long time

Attached: zm5878mft9l11.png (600x600, 673K)

anyone?

Get some fuckin monks for $5

this buy five of them if you want them to last more.

There are better $5 buds than Monks (at least the most common Monk Plus) nowadays.
>EMX500
>Yincrow X6
>Snow Lotus
>Monk Lite (40 ohm)
All are ~$5-$10 and beat the Monk Plus.

Monk lite 40 ohm was pretty shitty imo. Nice mids but thats it. I need to try the EMX and havent heard of the lotus or yincrow. I really liked the Monks. They had really nice mids and the highs were really crisp. Unfortunately they have near no bass.

my favorite in the bunch is the EMX, slightly rolled off highs but in a pleasing way and avoids all sibilance, everything from bass up to mids is smooth. very nice to listen to bud. the yincrows are recabled vidos and i found the monk pluses to be unpleasantly bright at certain times, and you’re right about no bass. i’ve never heard the monk lite or snow lotus. so i can’t speak on those.

$100

>Your Location
Singapore

>Wired/wireless
Wired

Hanging IEMs

>Past IEMs
Sennheiser R6i

They used to have monk lite 120ohm without the spc cable for $5 but I guess it was a small batch or a promo thing like the zen LL. Qianyun39 has the same housing if your ears don't fit the mx500 size.

Klipsch r6i*

any thoughts on the CCA C16 ? it has good reviews.

Attached: CCA_C16_2.jpg (960x1049, 164K)

Akiba's Trip

What are some well-recorded albums you like?

any iems for £5? yes fucking UK pounds, not freedombux. shit i can buy on ebay. the DT 770s I use at home are too big to go with outside

Attached: f7990250a60043abd57e29efd23f7844.jpg (640x775, 67K)

brainlet, the fuck is that called?

Fuck off, you entitled british cunt. Certainly not helping you now.
Suck a dick.

buy Monk.

Attached: file.png (188x268, 73K)

Thanks to the user who recommended Tin T3's in the previous thread
Got some T2's for £50 including next day delivery, absolutely made up with them
What tips do you guys recommend?
Are the T2's included ones fine or will some aftermarket tips be an improvement?

Attached: 1558288135774.jpg (867x685, 96K)

The tips bundled are better than the generic shilled tips here. Dekoni tips are a steap above when the bundled tips get gross.