Previous thread
>Read
>GNU/Linux questions?
>PC building?
>Programming questions?
>Good, cheap, laptops?
>Cheap electronics?
>Buying headphones?
>How to activate any version of windows?
>Where can I get Win 7 or LTSC?
pastebin.com/smjvLZN4
pastebin.com/quC0gz4j
pastebin.com/gHCCFBkt
pastebin.com/4LvsAFk7

Attached: wouldyoutakehispocky?.png (1111x1111, 1.08M)

Other urls found in this thread:

google.com/search?q=vesa mount&source=lnms
emulation.miraheze.org/wiki/Android_emulators
xkcd.com/936/
chromium.woolyss.com/
vocaroo.com/i/s0bssVvgRgrz
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

Yeah, how do I get out of this chickenshit outfit?

Attached: hudson.png (569x628, 687K)

is this vesa mount

Attached: PicsArt_05-19-10.54.14.jpg (800x1422, 260K)

What's a good program to emulate Android on my PC so I can play games on it?

no

Howq do i convert seconds to minutes in libreoffice?
I have a column with cells with seconds and i want to SUM it and convert it to M:SS, but formatting it M:SS gives me some random number that is 10x higher then the sum of all the cells

You secure that shit, Hudson.

Attached: apone.jpg (900x675, 106K)

>have 6700k PC that just does media center shit and gayman when nephew comes over

Should I disable hyperthreading? Nothing of value will be done on this machine ever.

I mean, I know this is /sqt/, but for fucks sake, how do you even remember to breathe you dumb faggot?

google.com/search?q=vesa mount&source=lnms

Why though? What do you think you'll gain from it?

divide by 24*60*60 first

Was reading about the latest security flaws in Intel chips, saw that mine is affected by "zombieload" or whatever gay shit they named it this time. Lots of people recommending disabling hyperthreading for security purposes.

Anons, please help a retard out
This is right where the nornal login screen should be
I can't seem to get into diagnostic mode or safe mode either. Boot menu only have normal boot (which doesn't work) and setup

Attached: IMG_20190519_222604.jpg (4160x3120, 1.84M)

See emulation.miraheze.org/wiki/Android_emulators
Bluestacks and Nox are probably your best options. Genymotion if your not afraid of some tinkering.

download the android sdk and install an emulator

Since I cannot find any information on the matter, will an HP EX900 NVMe SSD work on an ASUS Z97-P motherboard? And since it's NVMe, it won't block any of the SATA ports, right?

I'm surprised you can't find any information on that, what did you look for?

The SSDs specs say it's M.2 2280 M-Key and the motherboard specs say it supports type 2260/2280 in SATA/PCIe mode.
So it shouldn't be a problem.
The specs also don't mention any SATA ports being unusable when the slot is being used.

cute!

>windows keeps auto updating
>update completes, system crashes, have to restore to day before
>keeps reinstalling the update, neverending cycle of blue screen every time I shut down my PC

how do I stop this

Attached: 1439253038016.jpg (343x357, 19K)

I guess this is Windows 10 so...

Restart. Before loading the system, press F11 (or Shift + F8, if it doesn't work) in order to start the Advanced Startup Options. Then try the automatic repair. If it doesn't work, you could also try with "System restore"

I've got a Nintendo Switch with an XAW1001... serial which means it should be able to do CFW. However, it is on an old firmware, before the Switch could even use SDXC cards. But I've also read that the latest 8.X firmwares shouldn't be updated to.

Is there any way I can update to a specific firmware or do I just have to wait till the latest is supported?

Managed to get into safe mode, but it's the exact same thing
This is what pops up when I system restore
I remember something a while back about BIOS, do I need to change the battery or something?

Attached: IMG_20190520_002010.jpg (4160x3120, 3.51M)

I have way too many pics on my computer and I wonder if there are any programs that will let me add searchable tags and custom info to my saved pics. I don't want to rename the pics because of reasons. I have w7.

how safe is to keep stuff in encrypted winrar archive if i use 20 character password, all small letters?

New laptop has a bluetooth device that shows up in network adapters. Never heard of such a things existence. What can this thing do that isn't shit like all bluetooth devices?

>had an XMP profile enabled to get my RAM to 2933
>two years later no issue with computer
>finally get around to overclocking Ryzen CPU, no issues as I test prime and change clock/voltage as needed
>even with stable overclocks its takes 3 manual off/on attempts to boot my computer now
Once its on there is no issues, can run tests for hours with stability. If it was rebooting on its own I would say its not getting enough power, but its not. Is it an issue with the XMP just not liking my CPU overclock?

its pretty safe IF those letters are random and aren't actual words and phrases. If you want to use a plain-english passphrase you should make it longer than that.

it is a combination of few purposely misspelled words. how long would it take to break something like that?

Hi Jow Forums I dont browse here often I have a laptop I use for general shit and one of the fans in it blew the left one I think the ball bearing went how do I find what exact fan I need to replace it with I dont trust geek squad my laptop is an Asus GL703GE

Anyone have a good recommendation for a dedicated IP vpn? I see Nord get good reviews, but I know they pay reviewers off so i'm taking that with a grain of salt.

I want it to be UK based if that makes a difference

how do i into networking? I literally know jack shit about it. I've got a gigabit switch and a couple of wifi routers, could I use these to set up some shit and learn about networking? Like just a local network, I don't currently have anything but mobile internet so I have to tether my phone like a pleb. But I would like to at least use my desktop from my laptops or tablet, but also just get to know how all this crazy shit works.

I just read a bunch of bad reviews on graphic cards. Like some gc dies at 6months and no refund and stuf. It make me scare now that i want to buy some gpu.
What about the used gc on Amazon? Should i go for it? Do you have any bad experience?

Attached: 8008.png (849x732, 332K)

Used ones are a mixed bag either they were used SUPER FUCKING hard like cryptop mining or they were a general gaming card and the guy got a new one try to stay away from the main crypto ones

variant spellings, l33tspeak, etc don't really add much security to a password, because English is very non-random. People who write password-cracking programs know this and put those high on the list of passwords to try. If you want a 16-20 character password, it needs to be random and to have more than just lowercase letters in it. If you want a passphrase, you need to make up for the non-randomness of words that make sense by making it longer. Note that it absolutely can't be a famous or well-known phrase, things like "Four score and seven years ago" are gonna be in every cracking dictionary. Something like "Yesterday I ate guacamole soup in a big red bowl!" is much more like it.

Very relevant xkcd xkcd.com/936/

a good one is
UHBLACKPEOPLEORNIGGERSASILIKETOCALLTHEM,GETOFFTHISCOMMUNITYBECAUSEITSFORWHITEPEOPLEONLY,UNDERSTANDCAUSEIFYOUDON'TIWILLMAKEBLACKPEOPLESAVESAGAIN!!!

Ok, i asked the seller what he used for. He probably wouldnt tell the truth...
Thanks.

What card?

So I have a laptop I had to modify things in the BIOS for the battery to be recognized on it (X220 battery on a X230t) (haven't done it alone, I've been helped through the whole process) I tried to reset my laptop today because of drivers issues/slowing down that I didn't wanted to deal with.
Every time it's stuck on the settings page "Resetting this PC, this will take a few minutes and you PC will restart."with no progress whatsoever even overnight. I have two questions, will it delete everything I did in the BIOS as well ? And how to reset is so it works ?

Attached: JVyGSyQ.png (692x405, 9K)

GTX1060

I know thats in the range of what alot of cheaper crypto miners go for my brother bought a GTX1060TI from a crypto miner without even quesitoning it and it burnt out like a week later

What about 1050-1050ti?

thanks my guy. from now on ill use sentence in non-english language. i dont care if NSA can get in, i just dont want some random tyrone having access to my stuff after he steals my laptop.

Should be good desu its to weak for crypto and a 1050ti should be able to run most shit also 1070's are usually good

I rolled programming "Yahtzee" in the Jow Forums Programming Challenges images and have a question. I want to code it using JavaScript, and wanted to know if using an HTML5 game framework would be cheating or what the best way to do it would be. I have never used Javascript.

IDEA IF I POST A GIF OF A CUTE SNAIL SOMEONE CAN HELP

Attached: Nom_Nom.gif (420x298, 1.93M)

This is probably VERY stupid, but is there a way to add bluetooth functionality to a device, like an MP3 player, with a dongle of some kind attached to the audio jack (I know the one in the pic is a receiver, I'm asking for something like a 'sender')? Basically I want to connect my MP3 player to some bluetooth speakers but the player itself doesn't have bluetooth.
My guess is no but I'm asking just to make sure.

Attached: Bluetooth-Wireless-for-Car-Music-Audio-Stereo-3-5mm-Bluetooth-Receiver-Adapter-Aux-For-Headphone-Rec (800x800, 131K)

Yup, there are bluetooth transmitters that do just that.

"Reset this PC" didn't work, and nothing was changed. Restore point stopped working this time too.
There's also this, but it's CDROM though

Attached: IMG_20190520_021113.jpg (4160x3120, 3.16M)

why did microsoft name cortana after the halo character?

>[Windows Phone lead program manager] Robert Howard had the idea that the Cortana character was a great description of the helpful, intelligent, intuitive character that you get to know and trust over time.
>It was a code name to rally the team around what they were building -- and then it leaked. When it did, people just clamored for us to keep the name. They created petitions and voted on polls. It was that passion of the community that helped us do something a little, maybe, surprising for Microsoft.

Because of target audience. There's a reason five consecutive Windows 10 releases since 1607 have used a Minecraft block/item as their codename.

can i safely use internet banking on laptop that has intel cpu affected by all of this shit in the last year

Do Chromium updates automatically? Ive installed the Nik build.

chromium.woolyss.com/

Attached: Chromium_Material_Icon.png (520x520, 71K)

Why does the non-javascript captcha not work on Jow Forums X? It's been like this forever and nothing's changed with every update. I solve it, it goes through and accepts, but then when I go to actually post, "You mistyped the CAPTCHA, or the CAPTCHA malfunctioned".

What the fuck gives. Why isn't it setting?

vocaroo.com/i/s0bssVvgRgrz

About every 30 minutes I have this sound playing on my PC. I have no idea what program makes it, and I don't recognize it being any Windows 7 sound. Scanned the PC with Malwarebytes but nothing came up.
Audio quality isn't the best possible as I was simply holding mic near speakers without knowing when it plays again.

What are all the addons you use?

umatrix, ublock origin, https everywhere, cookies autodelete, tampermonkey, buster and link gopher (unrelated).

Just buy a new 1660Ti if it worries you.
Or a sued RX 570.

No laptop uses ball bearing fans, i can think of 5 models that do but they are rugged and enterprise laptops from 2011.
They are all sleeve bearing fans.

How did it die? it doesn't spin? does it rattle?

I want to add 2 search links to a piece of text on a page. I figured this should be easy with a userscript, but I can't figure out how to do it. Any easy templates around?

Does a usb PCI card provide more power or is it only for if you run out of usb slots?

>playing new vegas
>game crashes, not unusual
>restart pc (win10)
>disk read error upon booting again (this is an ssd acting as boot disk and no games are set up on that partition)
Did I fuck myself?

What is the point of smart TVs when you can connect your laptop or something with hdmi to a regular TV?

Disable updates?

Most likely it's a problem with umatrix, although if you have any custom settings on ubo, that could do it too. Make sure 4channel, 4cdn, google and gstatic are fully allowed.

It will kill your SATA Express slot.

>HPEX900
Why that SSD and not a "standard" one?

What, you mean make the entire thing green?

Attached: 2019-05-19 14_24_10-.png (560x479, 36K)

It was spinning that starting making a buzzing sound than jsut stopped I took it apart once and the fan had a ton of resistance

Reinstall windows.
No really.
What were you doing before windows died?

I have a feeling this is a "feature" of the new security updates regarding Zombieload

Nothing, I just left it on and went to grab dinner.
This means I have to go grab an external boot, right?

Attached: IMG_20190520_032659.jpg (4160x3120, 2.25M)

Should be easy to fix, do you have 3-1 oil or sewing machine oil around?
No, WD40 doesn't work, lithium grease is not ideal at all.

what's the source of this?

Attached: file.png (462x487, 61K)

Due to 4 SATA ports on the mobo

Joke from Jow Forums where some guy made either chlorine or mustard gas to test out his gasmask.
Probably.

TVs are better than they need to be, and big changes are few and far between. So manufacturers are hard pressed to find a good way to compete or convince you to replace your old tv. Anything they can tout as a feature gets upselled like crazy, and smart features was an easy target. Also they make a killing in ad revenue, so they can drop the price of the screen itself because that's not the money maker any more.

From a normie perspective it's one less device to worry about. They're terrible for a lot of reasons, but these days you can only get the bottom of the barrel screens without, so there's not much you can do about it.

Do you have referrer headers or mixed content on?

Not if it lets you boot into the repair options. A restore point would be handy here.

Then it will be fine, M2 in Haswell motherboards used the SATAExpress port to work properly (some like the ASUS Z97-A 3.1 disabled the USB 3.1 ports instead).
You don't have one so you wouldn't lose anything.

Attached: dmb10421-w1711-1.jpg (900x598, 169K)

>This means I have to go grab an external boot, right
Yup, just reinstall enterprise windows (2019 LTSC) and disable forced updates next time.

Will gun oil work?

anyone?

You should NOT be online banking in the first place. All of that shit is compromised.

Depends in the oil since most of them are just alternatives to WD40 to avoid rust and dirt rather than lubricate as far as i know.

I don't know, probably not. Is that a config setting?

Hoppes 9 lube

Get a real time AV like malwarebytes premium if you are worried about it.
Still as long you apply basic common sense(knowing what runs in your computer with Microsoft Autorun, using uBlock Origin with the extra filters enabled, etc) it shouldn't be a problem.

Anyone have suggestions on this?

The 2 at the top.

Friendly linux thread is dead.

I just updated my KDE and now some windows are glitching like this. Anyone ever experienced something similar?

Attached: Screenshot_20190519_174512.png (1046x770, 94K)

Oh, that. Yeah, Forbid Mixed Content is off but Spoof Referrer Header and Spoof Noscript Tags are on.

Turn Referrer Header off.

Corrosive for brittle plastics (which is what you find in most laptops).

Test.

HOREY SHET, Thank you so much user. It's always something so simple.

My heart leaped at this, BUT then it's still fucking broken. I'll go grab a boot usb tomorrow.
>right on the deadline of 2 classes
JUST

Attached: IMG_20190520_035411.jpg (4160x3120, 2.61M)

>class deadlines
sorry user but reinstalling windows will likely eat your data. use a live linux to retrieve any shit you wanna save, that way you can start fresh with windows, or maybe you'll decide you like linux, I dunno

The windows 10 LTSC ISO is 4GB and installing windows takes 2 hours tops.

He can always use the option to keep the files and move them to windows.old in windows though.

yeah but then he's pretty much stuck with the windows old folder which triggers my autism. not to mention all the other useless crap besides user files that windows puts in it