Why can't their graphics division get their shit together and start competing like their CPUs did?

Why can't their graphics division get their shit together and start competing like their CPUs did?

Attached: amd.jpg (1268x664, 99K)

Other urls found in this thread:

wccftech.com/amd-most-stable-graphics-drivers/
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

Ten minutes of research would give you the answer to that question, you lazy cunt.

But GCN is pretty good for Compute, stop playing videogaymes.

They put all their money into Ryzen, resulting in their good GPU guys leaving to Intel and other companies.

Big Wang just took over a few months ago. Give him some time to get amd back on track.

they have better gpus at all price points except the 1200$ 2080ti. that doesn't sound like they can't compete.

High end graphics card sales comprise only a tiny percentage of the market. The majority buy something along the lines of a GTX 1060 or slightly less so people are clearly looking for a bargain and AMD absolutely dominates price:performance. Can't fix stupid.

Ironically it is ATI that kept AMD from going bankrupt during certain particularly bad times.

Winning the CPU market was probably the best choice, since Intel is getting fucked by vulnerabilities and 14++++++. Nvidia is harder to beat because "muh gaymin"

they're still figuring out how to write non-shit buggy drivers

high-end GPUs is not the main market

They compete just fine. Got a rx 470 8gb several years ago and it still runs everything I've thrown at it just fine. Thier products compete fine with Nvidia products in the same price range so I'm failing to see how they aren't competitive.
I mean sure Nvidia has the best high performance GPU but it's in a ridiculously high price bracket and AMD isn't currently competing in that market (also very few people care or buy 800 dollar plus GPUs as it's not a good price to performance area). So yeah they do just fine in the areas they compete in.

Believe it or not, they run every game just fine.

And they're usually better than nvidia at things that aren't games, sooo.

>absolutely dominates price:performance
Yeah nah only at lowest end budget options and that's mostly due to sales because of them not selling at full price.

wccftech.com/amd-most-stable-graphics-drivers/

*crashes emulator*

AMD fought decades long fight with Intel in court room so software vendors would take a neutral stance on developing their software for the CPU. This is why today, any software runs on almost any x86 regardless.

AMD will now have to fight the same fight with nVidia/EPIC-Unreal Engine partnership that threatens the same exact fucking thing.

Never had any emulators crash on my rx 580... .

> AMD commissioned Toronto-based third-party software assurance firm QA Consultants to independently evaluate
lol

current drivers
>may experience display flicker during video playback

*crashes vista*

Attached: 18s3qgtrhvo85jpg.jpg (540x405, 32K)

That is not even comparable.
As AMD and nVidia GPUs in a generation differ more from one another than an Intel and AMD x86 CPU in a generation.

Also optimized code is optimized code.
If a developer does not want to put in the extra work for your architecture it is their choice and optimized code for a certain hardware brings more benefits than average coding just to make sure shit runs on every little shit piece of hardware.

drivers can crash all they want when gaymen are gaymen, but ffs fix your video playback it's basic shit

That diagram tells us nothing.
We do not know what the rate of nVidia to AMD GPUs that is.
Without it could be 10 times more nVidia than AMD GPUs, which would result in this chart making AMD look really bad as it will show that on average the AMD GPU will be more likely to crash.

40% marketshare in the same time period

Attached: amd_vs_nvidia_marketshare_long_term_q32016.png (1392x550, 111K)

The difference comes from focus in the third party software development. nVidia develops for EPIC and EPIC develops for nVidia. While AMD develops for general purpose vendor neutrality.

If Intel payed the software devs to "optimize" and it was found to be legal, then AMD CPU would have been dead 20 years ago. The only reason we now have 8c16 thread for under $150 is because of competition and enforced rules/regulations with regards to anti-competitive practices.

Well seeing as their "good GPU guys" produced fuck all the last few years and Ryzen actually being far more than competitive in the low and high end markets as well as the server segment it's the logical decision to focus on Zen and not another shitfucked GPU.

I dunno, at the moment they have better price/performance offerings at the low-mid range. They currently are less competitive at the 2080+ level but that may change in the next couple weeks.

I am kinda happy with the recent trend and AMD getting better, but I had this shit of unoptimized software.

Now this is what should go along with that diagram so that it means anything at all.

AMD is already doing fine in mid range GPUs. I fail to see how they aren't on track.
These bastards get it.
This guy may be retarded.

The Vega 56 now thoroughly beats the 1070 and trades blows with the 1080 now. At any rate though, Nvidiots are too brainwashed to deviate from their overpriced cards, to the point of unironically recommending the GTX 1650 over the RX 570. It's a losing battle that can't feasibly be won. With graphics cards where the average consumer is a 16 year old tard, the average consumer for a CPU is large corporations with more sensible people, who will actually compare numbers and aren't as brainwashed as the kids who swear by Nvidia for no reason other than mindshare.

You're happy with the way AMD GPU division is dying due to nVidia's monopoly and anti-competitive practices? You're happy with the recent trend of nVidia price mark ups of 50% on all their GPU because of lack of competition due to anti-competitive practices? You're happy?

Are you a retarded monkey?

Wake me up when AMD has any high end competitive GPU that have anything that can compete with CUDA or anything with worthwhile performance when talking about CAD or similar.
If you are a budget gamer sure go for AMD they are usually on sale anyways, but who the fuck cares about budget gaming or fucking gaming in general?

>but who the fuck cares about budget gaming or fucking gaming in general?
Most people who buy GPUs. What kind of rock do you live under?

meanwhile the fastest supercomputer will use amd gpus and there's nothing even close to pro ssg when it comes to pro market.
gayming is literally the only thing in which novideo is somewhat competitive.

As much as I would like AMD to do well this coming quarter, I think its reaching dangerously high levels of hype for Zen gen3. If the top-end chip doesnt blow out i9-9980XE by double digit percentages on performance all while curing 2 kinds of cancer, then people will be disappointed.

Nice CUDA myth there.

Amdrones will defend it like they always do

Everyone really only expects ~10-15% IPC increase over Zen+. That's achievable through a combination of better clocks + die shrink. That 10-15% IPC is enough to close a good enough gap between Intel's clockspeed gain. This will make the AMD the ONLY option due to their pricing.

>t. nvidiot unable to comprehend a comment

As they always will. This shit is by now literally a yearly ritual of retards getting hyped by tech "JoUrNaLiStS" pulling shit from their arse and then crying when the newest GPU doesn't cure cancer and reverse climate change and yet people still fall for it every fucking year like clockwork.

Can't fire on all cylinders in both directions at once.
Navi will be shit.
We'll see if they can bring something after Navi. RTG will be flush with cash by then.

Seem to recall the 580 being a great middle card not long ago. Just nobody had one because the cunt miners snagged them all.

390 before that wasn't bad either and the extra ram over team greens 970 was also nice. Couple before that weren't bad.

They just have a habit of only being good from low to upper mid with nothing in the jerking off to a bench tier.

already fixed in 19.5.1

upgrade you double nigger

Attached: 1555621864251.png (597x451, 344K)

I meant for CPUs not GPUs.
I am bothered by the trend of the GPUs getting this expensive.
Remember a time when high end GPUs were like 500€ and people complained about it, now they are more than twice that and they still get bought a lot.

high-end consumer gpus is no longer a sustainable market for amd.
gcn is good for compute, they will focus on data-center/console/OEM (laptop).
you can thank the based nvidiots for this.

>best cards for bitcoin mining a while back per watt
>sold out in every store
>even used prices went up

yeah. even i bought two.

thanks AMD for the bitcoin and cards that the bitcoin paid for.

if bitcoin paid for your amd bitcoin mining card please press T

OpenCL will win you sausage.

Basically a different company within amd
Ati has always struggled hence why they got sold off

Radeon 7 already competes with the rtx 2080. 2080 ti might as well not exist at that price.

Vega 56 btfos the 1070 and 1070 ti and the Vega 64 btfos the 1080. Don't see how they are not competitive at the high end.

Nvidia isn't intel.

They're underfunded and lack freedom in management. You won't get a better answer.

their market cap is like 1/7 of Intel's and 1/3 of Nvidia's. Be glad they are even competing with either at this point.

Attached: .png (3706x1255, 280K)

Wow, too bad market cap means jack shit.

it almost directly correlates to how much money they have for R&D brainlet

Attached: .png (3740x1258, 416K)

In my country on the other side of the world they're competitive up to about the 580. You can get a 1660ti for around $20 more than a 590. Vega 56 and 64's are nonexistent, have the shitty stock cooler, and are typically priced way over MSRP. AMD is seriously lacking in this area between the 590 and the Vega 56 if you ask me.

Even in openGL GCN was getting its ass whooped because the front end was a mess

GCN, pretty much. Though the fact that an almost 2 year old rx 570 can still trade blows with a brand new 1660 for less money is impressive.

No it doesn't you retard. Outstanding shares increasing in value doesn't give them any money to put to R&D

ITT retards don't realize anti-monopoly laws require AMD, nVidia, and Intel to 'trade off' tech leadership every generation.

ITT retards don't realize the CEO doesn't matter, the board of directors is run by Fed shills and CIA/NSA glows.

Nice scale faggot.

Attached: b7y9487ghiftbnsh.png (899x765, 35K)

>ITT retards don't realize the CEO doesn't matter, the board of directors is run by Fed shills and CIA/NSA glows.

This is where backdoor dealing comes in btw. Hence why AMD's price was driven into the floor and then bounced back 40x.

They still use GCN

>compute
Without cuda? lol
>laptop
Their GPUs are housefires

This

Attached: 1410909730577.jpg (407x482, 67K)

I bet you are one of the people that think Vega didn't sell well too...

It has about as much correlation as CO2 levels and water temperature.

Attached: meshuginah.png (812x935, 53K)

their GPUs are like 5% behind nvidia, but game developers and engine makers are either lazy, dumb, or bribed so what they write runs like shit most of the time on AMD cards. well programmed games on efficient engines run well on both AMD and nvidia. actual productivity programs runs almost the same as well. you realize *pple switched 100% from nvidia to AMD? EVERY SINGLE homosexual designer or artist is doing his job on a shiny machine with a fruit logo in the back and an AMD card inside, from fagbooks to ifag pros.

Attached: maxresdefault.jpg (808x716, 105K)

GCN is outdated, period

Attached: performance-per-watt_2560-1440.png (500x890, 49K)

their GPUs are fine
t. rx580 owner

>7nm is more power efficient than 14nm
wowzers

Attached: performance-per-dollar_2560-1440.png (500x890, 52K)

the 570 is the only amd card worth getting. In all other price points novidya wins.

>7nm
>1660

Attached: 1440473088868.jpg (800x595, 328K)

>Why can't their graphics division get their shit toge-

My RX 570 GDDR5 is killing it with proton on the highest end games @ 1440
Maybe you need to ask mommy to buy you a Sapphire or XFX instead of "Powercooler"

;)

>nvidia
>7nm

weow even the 1660ti is still 12nm, I thought they moved their shit over already? No wonder the RTX series is such a dissapointment

>No wonder the RTX series is such a dissapointment

True but AMD card are still outdated t b h, they use dead MI25 for Vega VII, say what you want but ray tracing unironically is the future

You idiot gorilla nigger monkey, AMD never made good OpenGL drivers, it's not "GCN" that's the problem, that's like saying x86 is the problem with Intel.

I can't stand this retarded level of bait.

Sorry, meant openCL. AMD still gets smoked in a slew of openCL compute benches

Powercolor is actually fine, surprisingly.

>BAWW I NEED MY STORYGAMES TO RUN AT 4K 5000FPS WITH ULTRAMEGASUPERHYPERGIGAGRAPHICS WITH 4GB ULTRATEXTURES, HYPERBLOOM MEGAPARTICLE EFFECTS BULLSHIT ALL TO HIDE THAT THERE'S FUCKING NO GOOD GAMEPLAY IN MODERN SHITGAMES
If you paid more than $100 for a graphics card, congratulations, you're an idiot.

>doesn't know how to configure PC

user can you cook me eggs on your water boiler

Attached: bebe-pan.jpg (1840x3264, 1.43M)

apparently it's pretty good for games too since PS4 ports make 2080 sweat.

wait, why is R7 lower on that graph than 2080? R7 costs at least 15% less in europe

cope