Huawei is kill

press S to spit on its grave

reuters.com/article/us-huawei-tech-alphabet-exclusive/exclusive-google-suspends-some-business-with-huawei-after-trump-blacklist-source-idUSKCN1SP0NB

>NEW YORK (Reuters) - Alphabet Inc’s Google has suspended business with Huawei that requires the transfer of hardware and software products except those covered by open source licenses, a source close to the matter told Reuters on Sunday, in a blow to the Chinese technology company that the U.S. government has sought to blacklist around the world.

>Huawei Technologies Co Ltd will immediately lose access to updates to the Android operating system, and the next version of its smartphones outside of China will also lose access to popular applications and services including the Google Play Store and Gmail app.

>Details of the specific services were still being discussed internally at Google, according to the source. Huawei attorneys are also studying the impact of the U.S. Commerce Department’s actions, a Huawei spokesman said on Friday. Huawei was not immediately reachable for further comment.

>Representatives of the U.S. Commerce Department did not immediately have comment.

>Huawei will continue to have access to the version of the Android operating system available through the open source license that is freely open to anyone who wishes to use it.

>But Google will stop providing any technical support and collaboration for Android and Google services to Huawei going forward, the source said.

>On Thursday the Trump administration officially added Huawei to a trade blacklist, immediately enacting restrictions that will make it extremely difficult for the technology giant to do business with U.S. companies.

Attached: download (1).jpg (1200x729, 72K)

Other urls found in this thread:

reuters.com/article/us-china-autos-regulation/china-to-open-auto-market-as-trade-tensions-simmer-idUSKBN1HO0YA
reuters.com/article/us-gm-china-cadillac/gm-says-cadillac-brand-points-to-strong-growth-in-china-idUSKCN1RT2CO
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Patent_Cooperation_Treaty
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

Good. Fuck Chinks. Bunch of insects.

>immediately lose access to updates to the Android operating system
Android is open source, all they loose is access to Google shit. Maybe now we can actually get good non google phones.

Is this is the same google that bent over backwards to get back into china, after china banned them?

>phone that comes without gapps out of the box
Sign me the fuck up. Too bad they have locked bootloaders.

get fucked bugmen

Attached: 104246209RTSXPWM_0.jpg (2200x1612, 227K)

why are Xiaomi/OnePlus/Lenovo/etc. allowed?

surely they must be doing some sneaky chinkshit too

Attached: 1465060107259.jpg (462x500, 46K)

The Gulf of Tonkin incident 60 trillion dollars in private and public debt Trying to steal venezuelan oil Supporting Franco and Salazar Financing Bin Laden and Taliban Brazil 1964 Argentina 1976 Greece 1967 Haiti 1915 Stolen mexican lands Supporting pedophile paraguayan dictator Paying corrupt jurists and politicians in Latin America War on Terror Patriot Act PRISM Edward Snowden Guantanamo Bay CIA black sites Human Rights NSA mass surveillance Warrantless Wiretapping 4th Amendment violations Julian Assange whistle-blower manhunt Ecuadorian embassy refuge Corporate interests worker's rights healthcare rights free education Police militarization incarceration rate fake weapons of mass destruction Petrodollar warfare Israel "special" relationship ban on boycott Free Palestine USS Liberty attack Mossad cover up false anti-semitism accusations depleted uranium mutinions war crime ignoring the Geneva Convention Agent Orange My Lai Massacre Contras 1973 Chile coup CIA backing puppet dictators Illegal Occupation 1954 Guatemalan coup d'état United Fruit Company Cuban Missile Crisis Bay of Pigs Operation Northwoods Area51 Saudi lobby American Cover-Up of Trials of Unit 731 Abu Ghraib torture and prisoner abuse MKUltra Tuskegee syphilis experiment Suspension of Habeas Corpus Sedition Acts civil rights Martin Luther King murder Cointelpro Bombing of Libya Bombing of Yemen Bombing of Syria Intervention in Yugoslavia Philippine Genocide of 1900 Choctaw Trail of Tears Andrew Jackson illegal Overthrow of the Kingdom of Hawaii haole invasion Okinawa rapes Jarhead rapists migrant caravan ICE children in cages Russian puppet president

Reminder that Huawei is despised by US intelligence agents and government workers. These groups are the root of all evil. Go against their wishes.

This is basically a move to extend the life of the dying US tech hegemony for a few years. Reminds me of all those bailouts US car makers received some years ago.

Because they don't make telecom cellular equipment like Huawei

BASED
gapps is bloat

no one cares about consumer electronics

Maybe they can create their own OS now haha

But all development is done behind google's closed doors so they have to wait for everything to become public first

Say it with me. Prism, Prism, on the wall...

50 cents had been deposited into your wechat account

BASED

Attached: 1545588817874.png (894x918, 760K)

and GM sells more cars to the chinks than it does in the states

Attached: GM-Global-Sales-2015.jpg (2700x1800, 280K)

/thread

how btfo'd can itoddlers get

>fuck the chinks
>oh yeah fuck Apple too for building phones there
fucking BASED

Attached: 1544823749743.png (436x414, 302K)

>implying Apple won't go full poo.

To be fair, you couldn't pay me to buy a GM product. And 3-ish million people in China is a drop in the bucket with the 1.1 Billion people compared to the US 350-ish million

AND THAT'S A GOOD THING

Attached: satanichia.jpg (918x719, 42K)

Damn, I wish. I'm just not American so it makes no sense for me to be patriotic towards it.
Those China sales are actually SAIC-GM-Wuling. A joint venture with a Chinese manufacturer.

This is what will happen. Apple already manufactures some iPhones in India to get around their heavy tariff. It should be interesting to see how much lower the quality of iPhones can get.

>Google will stop providing any technical support and collaboration for Android and Google services
Oh, wow, it’s fucking nothing. Media boomers are mouth breathing 89iq tech illiterates who misinterpreted this as if you have to get Google’s permission to download and run Gapps on your phone. Hell, you can even do that in a VM on your PC running x86 Android.

because Chinese regulation that require 50% chinese ownership

reuters.com/article/us-china-autos-regulation/china-to-open-auto-market-as-trade-tensions-simmer-idUSKBN1HO0YA

>as if you have to get Google’s permission to download and run Gapps on your phone
Manufactures do have to get permission, baka.

Sure. But they aren't selling US-made Buicks and Chevys (if they're even being made in the US anymore). They're selling Chinese Wulings and Baojuns.

Yeah, the Basedlicon Valley bubble can't burst soon enough. It'll be a sight to behold when Commifornian spics start to riot, because the authorities can no longer provide for them piggybacking at the big tech money. And thus evil amerimutt empire will fall.

Or else what? Huawei doesn't give a shit about the IPs, permissions, licenses and other spooky copykike crap.

Huawei is the biggest so banning then would make the biggest political statement. It has nothing to do with "spying" or anything else the glow-in-the-darks try and tell you.

Huawei P30 cheap very soon

Attached: 1536867760317.png (500x500, 161K)

OH NO NO NO

Attached: 1557962067700.gif (514x900, 140K)

This kills the Huawei phone division. RIP sweet cheap chinkphone prince

I could write a book longer than war and peace with China's sins, you damned traitor.

Winnie the pooh

Tiananmen square massacre

Taiwan formosa

Then Huawei won't be able to sell phones anywhere that isn't a shithole. Huawei has too much to lose by not trying to repair their status. Plus, Google eventually identified the phone to blacklist. This happens all the time with buying obscure chink phones.

It'll be reborn as a phoenix.

Or else they lose basically any market besides China and maybe Taiwan.

Nope, I'm still going to buy a Huawei as my next phone. I don't like having to go through google for apps. They are part of the evil jewish empire

>Be unlocked & open bootloaders
>Sell at a cheap price with pretty good specs
>Gain in market share
>*Initiate operation Ching CHONGED
>Abruptly end bootloader unlock program
>Oohh, so sowwy
>Now users are forced to use your spyware OS
>Turns out the Chinese government has its hand all the way up their assholes

>Get Big Donald DONGED

Attached: 50CEzFO.jpg (2743x1881, 753K)

Is this good news for open source Android? If huawai wants to continue to sell Android devices they will have to publish drivers and unlock their bootloaders, right?

They def are, but a lot of apps stupidly won't run without Play services.

>he thinks chinks will respect open sores licenses when they don't even respect copyright laws

Attached: 1540681695600.jpg (324x291, 28K)

S

I don't see a successful non-Play store Android fork becoming a thing outside of china. Nokia X and Fire Phone failed last it was tried.

their bootloaders were locked since forever so fuck them

100% of those apps are useless garbage anyway.

Huawei backed, it could work. It's big enough.

What am i supposed to do with my P20 Lite now, i haven't even got the update to 9.0 yet.

And Amazon (Fire Phone) isn't?

>But they aren't selling US-made Buicks and Chevys
Because logistics, local tastes, and gas affordability, among probably a bunch of other things I can't think of.

reuters.com/article/us-gm-china-cadillac/gm-says-cadillac-brand-points-to-strong-growth-in-china-idUSKCN1RT2CO
*dab*

Attached: 800px-World_locations_of_General_Motors_factories.png (800x351, 81K)

throw it in the trash lol

Throw it away and get an iPhone.

Attached: 1553721764022.png (325x754, 56K)

this meme doesn't matter to americans though, since americans don't lose state sponsered good boy points fir reading or saying these things to other americans.

try again chink shill.

the more china loses worldwide support the more they get exposed as being technologically illiterate

virtually every tech they show off is copied , not improved upon just straight up copied and molded to fit the chinese image. The only reason china is not a enemy of the state officially is because the US does a majority of their business with them but with more manufacturers moving back to mexico and Ireland and the US it could be within 20 years that we would see china for what it really is.
don't even like trump but if you really think china being a global player in tech is a good thing you should fuck off to china then and never come back

>tfw this entire thing has been orchestrated so that Cisco can continue to sell 15-year old routers that can barely process 10 Gbps of traffic at $150K each with mandatory $10K/yr service plan instead of $800 Huawei is charging

Attached: downloadfile-3.png (620x413, 190K)

>not improved upon just straight up copied and molded to fit the chinese image

A good example is the Hygon Dhyana cpu

Damn Americans are asking for an actual war.

There's still Juniper, HPE, and Arista to buy from :)

I predict Iran accidentally possesses modern anti-ship missiles and sink 2 carriers in the Gulf.
The buttmad would be glorious xD

The US government is pathetic when it can't compete

Everytime I get excited that we might be winning the trade war I get embarrassed 2 weeks later when I get bit in the ass. What are the possible ways they'll retaliate?

I doubt Iran is that suicidal.

not buying based nokia equipment...please leave.

S

Straight up prohibition for iPhones not only to be sold in China, but also to be manufactured in China.

with nukes and air superiority out of the equation, what's the US gonna do? Land invasion into 1000 miles of mountains and ravines?
I hope you like the draft

Those are not as bad as Cisco but still charge 5x to 10x what Huawei charges

That's actually pretty tough.
Even if they went ahead with their own market, even if some countries really pissed at Google went along with them (like Russia, who would love to block Google in the country completely), I don't see how they would make a mark in Europe without normie apps.
Unless they're willing to pay a shit load or illegally upload and publish APKs without dev's permission, I don't see any way.

>look at all these pristine lakes and mountains. It would be a shame if you have to rev up rare earth production ;)
Stop paying for American patents for stater. Contrary to popular belief China does respect critical patents.
If you want IP war, they will give you IP war

Attached: 5b09hm4tazy21.jpg (799x464, 34K)

My next phone will be imported from China and be Huawei. Thank you Trump, for making smartphones great again.

Attached: 1555387850852.jpg (4000x2250, 1.71M)

HUAWEI BLOWN THE FUCK OUT

BAED TRUMP IS GOING MAKE MAKE SMARTPHONES GREAT AGAIN

>Contrary to popular belief China does respect critical patents.
because they want to sell in first world countries

they want to do business with the US which is now gone. What's the US gonna do about it?

Maybe now OnePlus will get a proper foothold in the US market, they deserve it.

to clarify, they are gonna respect EU patents and tell the US to fuck off. What now? Sanction their companies?
LULZ

They still do business in many other countries that ha e other ties with America

>they deserve it
Lmao. Oneplus is a shell company made by BBK to appeal to Americans. It is just more chink shit

The theory that this is a protectionist move for US industries looks pretty dumb when you realize that Huawei's biggest competitors for telcom equipment are Ericsson & Nokia, which are European operations. And any European should be asking if the risk of Chink spying to worth taking on, when some Swedes & Finns have perfectly fine telecom gear.

Tim Apple must be very happy

Trump just killed Silicon valley

>what is Patent Cooperation Treaty

Silicon valley is an absolute meme

yup, china will be replacing them soon

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Patent_Cooperation_Treaty

china literally cannot innovate

Waah Waah how dare you fight back!

are huawei phones good for hacking/unlocking? like custom os and shit

They try to sell it in first world country.
US company goes to local court and tries to block sales.
Per PCT country has to comply.
Chinks go BTFO and sell their chinkphones exclusively in shitholes.

I think all of their bootloaders are locked

half of tech workers are literally chinese

no wonder silicon valley has gone to trash

the reason euros don't care is because europe has no technology worth stealing

Who's stealing what?

I just hope china take iphone manufacturing hostage and fuck over the us.

Huawei controls the telecommunication sector and majority of underwater cables.

It would be fun if they ban American websites on their infrastructure.

Funny that you mention that.
I have an iPhone 7 Plus in a drawer somewhere. I just don't like iOS, man.