What are some Android apps that Jow Forums recommends?

What are some Android apps that Jow Forums recommends?
I'm looking for a music player specifically, but you can post apps for whatever.

Attached: 1024px-F-Droid_Logo_4.svg.png (1024x1024, 107K)

Other urls found in this thread:

gs.statcounter.com/os-market-share/mobile/india
f-droid.org/en/packages/com.github.axet.maps/
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

> using Poordroid

put down your telephone. go outside. it's summer vacation!!! have fun OP :)

Vinyl for music
AntennaPod for podcasts

>projecting
>Using $1000 shit
>Inb4 you can't afford this expensive piece of shit reeee I like eating shit
Go back to your walled garden OS, pajeet.

IcecatMobile - Libre browser
Vinyl Music Player - Best libre music player
ZimLX - PixelLauncher / Lawnchair, but with no blobs
K-9 Mail - Still the best email client
NetGuard - No root firewall + adblocker
NewPipe - YT mirror, no ads
Silence - SMS client with security focus
QKSMS - If you don't care for security, this is a featureful and rice friendly SMS client
Aegis - the best 2FA client

I'm a lazy shitter who copies his music folders from laptop to smartphone and Musicolet makes playing from a folder brain dead easy so I can recommend it. Also no ads, fdroid and shit. Install it from the Google Play Store and it literally just works.

AntennaPod is based and redpilled. Good choice, user.

Tachiyomi for manga and comics. Book Reader for books.

My finals start next week, you fucking faggot. Do you think I don't want to do something fun?

For music I use Vinyl. Works well with mih flacs

How come TuneIn is so popular? I don't listen to podcasts but it fucking sucks for radio streaming. From 9 sites I listen to only 2 have barely working tags. When I tried using it for a week twice the app lost connection to the server and somehow that made local favourites and history inaccessible, what the fuck?
Is there any decent radio stream player with tags history and notification, lockscreen and headset controls that's not made in 2016 "for older version of android permission system"?

hiby music. it supports iso files too.

Simple gallery
Simple file manager
ProtonVPN
Protonmail
Brave
Clover
Document viewer
Keepass2android
OpenKeychain
Redmoon
F-droid
K-9 mail
Termux
Newpipe
Yalp store
Syncthing
Hacker's keyboard

Clean Music
Browser NBPro

>implying I use a smartphone
>pajeet
gs.statcounter.com/os-market-share/mobile/india
poo in loo, poorfag

I'll give you this one faggot, but I'm no street shitter. But I guarantee you're either using a cheap ThinkPad from eBay like the rest of us, or a MacBook or some shitty gaymen desktop you wasted over $1500 on, both of which are becoming more obsolete by the month.

What app does Jow Forums suggest for podcasts? I'm currently using Podcast Addict

>tfw cheap ThinkPad
I'll give you this one faggot

vanilla music is based

Podcast Addict is top tier stuff.
Why would you need anything else?

It isn't even summer yet

Signal
Ddg browser (until I find something I like)
Clover
Bitwarden
Book reader
Island
Feedly (botnet)
Sync4plebbit (botnet)

Swiftly Switch Pro (seriously check this one out)
MusicPiped
QKSMS
Kiwi browser

Clover
Lightning Browser
Simple Gallery

odyssey

Oh also youtubevanced

Vlc best android music player

Poweramp. Buying the unlocker is worth it.

Attached: k.png (406x481, 151K)

gadgetbridge for your chinkwatch

Attached: file.png (800x800, 265K)

Musicolet is god tier. It's only app that I use google play for.

Attached: Screenshot_20190519-231132_Blokada.jpg (1440x2711, 253K)

keyboard app recommendations?

new phone and stock kb is ugly and limited.

been sad with keyboard apps since my lg g3, good times.

vanilla music

Retro Music

Best and most stylish music player known to mankind

Attached: Screenshot_20190520-065825_Retro_Music.png (1080x1920, 347K)

protonmail is not in the f-droid repository, the app is closed source and uses google play services

Why can't you edit the equiliser in most music players? that's fucking stupid

AnySoft keyboard is all you need.

if you're looking for a libre music player, then quite unironically cmus inside termux is your best bet
if you are fine with a proprietary one then i've heard good things about gonemad music player

Attached: Screenshot_2019-05-20-07-58-26-1488179828.png (1080x2160, 199K)

I'd use AnySoft but I'm too used to swipe typing and their beta barely works. Multiling Keyboard is free with no internet connection or trackers but it's finicky enough that I'm still using gboard/swiftkey through a firewall.

>IceCatMobile
extremely slow and sometimes straight up fails to load pages
Use bromite instead

best way to degoogle my p10? no custom ROMs but I do still have my bootloader unlocked

Vanilla Music. Many people here recommend Vinyl, but I personally think it is a meme.
Try out both for yourself, then make your decision. It won't take longer than 10 minutes.

Maps
Markor
I2P
Lightning Browser

tried it, didn't show .opus files in the library and had no idea what the fuck .cue files are
but it was the same for both Vanilla and Vinyl, so here's that

>God tier:
X-plore (proprietary, but it's absolutely the best file manager for Android, trust me)
Termux - this will let you run nginx, youtube-dl, cmus, ffmpeg, aria2c, transmission-daemon, mpv, mpd, python, nodejs, and loads of other software you know and love from gnu/linux, locally on your device
Maps (the fork of maps.me available on f-droid, with proprietary blobs and tracking stripped out, which leaves you with a perfect offline maps application with routing and voice guidance for pedestrian, bicycle and car)
>Good tier:
RetroArch, if you're into emulation. not god tier because the android version is still rough around the edges after all these years of development but it's very usable if you can get used to the quirks
NewPipe - an alternative to the YouTube app, suffers from some issues from time to time

vanilla cannot update the media library when I copy a new album, only if I regenerate the whole database
vinyl has none of this problem
at least on op3

The main problem I have with Vinyl is album splitting. Most of my music library is made up of albums by various artists, and Vanilla deals with those albums well.
If this problem didn't exist, I would be using Vinyl.

blokada or netguard

mine updates when i add new music

anyone kbow a good non botnet keyboard thats not hackers, simple or anysoft keyboards? all of them sort of lack features id like to have. especially spellcheck for some reason. not even the stock keyboard has spellcheck on my samdung

>using a music player with keyboard navigation on a smart phone with touch display
Fucking retard. There is so much retardation in you, I don't know where to begin.

Thinkpad Best pad

once you choose an album, you generally won't look at the interface for like the next hour or so
why would i care if it has a gui or not
instead, i care about stuff like cuesheet support
good luck playing your flac+cue rips on some generic android player

Attached: 1540221716324.png (200x193, 30K)

there's a way to rewind some seconds automatically everytime you pause? it's a feature I like but seems like antennapod doesn't have it

How to add music from SDCard?

its gonna degoogle itself soon

I use Gboard but firewall it with afwall

My finals ended today, good luck user. You can do it

T-UI Launcher - Terminal style launcher. Or just go Nova Launcher if you don't want T-UI

KLWP - Kustom Live Wallpaper

YouTube Vanced - Adblock, works nonroot and root. Cast is kinda broken atm

Poweramp - Music player

MPV - Media player

Firefox or KiwiBrowser - Kiwi is a Chromium browser w/ adblock and fast

Fasthub - Github Client
AndFTP - FTP Client

How does this work and why?

Tusky (Mastodon client)
Flym (Feed reader)
Red Moon ( Blue light filter)
Simple Calendar
Tutanota (email)
Maps & GPS Navigation OsmAnd+

Adguard best app for Android

Does YouTube Vanced protect against data collection? I've been using newpipe and I really miss casting.

No, use Kiwi Browser instead. It offers extension support, whereas Bromite doesn't.

Doubt it stops data collection, I may be wrong though.

But Vanced casting is broken atm.. although it may work if you're rooted.. not sure.
I think it is an issue with MicroG :/

Any libreoffice kinda apps that can open .docx? Most of my uni teachers keep using this shit format, but I guess not everyone has the time to learn latex

It's not perfect, but I use it. So I can vouch for it.

Why does my phone's browser need extensions?

I actually just downloaded it from XDA to try out and the casting is working fine. It really sucks that you can't resize the pop out player, that's one of my favorite newpipe features.

Attached: Screenshot_2019-05-20-13-40-39.png (1440x2880, 1.32M)

Is the XDA one the nonroot or rooted version?

5 years ago, maybe. Poweramp is garbage now

I'll save you some time, by modchips and that service mode using the memory card (patched on 900xx)

IMO Poweramp is the, if not, one of the best music players, and one of the only apps I'd ever tell anyone to purchase.

Trips of truth

5 years ago, maybe. Poweramp is garbage now

Please user take a step back, a deep breath and relize how fucking retarded that is

Kiwi browser is a closed source pos of shit

Tell me which Android music player I can configure to start playing audio as soon as a certain bluetooth device connects?

Most of them? BlackPlayer if you want a name.

Attached: Screenshot_20190520-181302.png (720x1280, 104K)

Music is the best player imo, no lag.

Is there an actual good replacememt for google maps?

>yalp store broken as of 12 hours ago
>no updates in fdroid
>no commits to yalp since 2018

Attached: 1543886974630.png (466x492, 152K)

>NewPipe - YT mirror, no ads
does it allow logging in with a jewtube account or does it still need an exported list of subs?

Any pdf viewer?
>inb4 muPDF

I need "Sharing" and/or Printing capabilities

The unroot version without the microg files.

for editing or reading

f-droid.org/en/packages/com.github.axet.maps/

HERE WeGo

Just use Aurora store

Agreed, just wish American auto worked with it

Can you try signing into a Jewgle account and see if it works? If not, that's weird af and I'll message some devs to see why.. Maybe they can fix iunno

why would i put my phone down if i'm going outside?

Does anyone know how to implement push to talk for regular calls? I can't seem to find anything that does this.

On a note 9, so I can't root unfortunately.

Wats a good ebook reader

lithium for epub, readera for everything else

Thanks ill try em

I'm very dissatisfied with the open source keyboard choices, so I've opted to Gboard with inbound/outbound connections blocked on Afwall+
If anyone knows alternatives alls I need is swipe typing and adjustable height as features

Ankidroid
BTW is there a better local comics reader than Bubble? I can't get Tachiyomi to work.

When people say simple gallery, do they mean this this one?
It might seem like a dumb question but there's some advanced scam jewery out there.

Attached: aa.png (1357x1249, 156K)

Has anyone had a problem with wallpapers on Android Oreo? Whenever I set a wallpaper with like a lot of whites as my lock screen, the screen dims like crazy and the font colour for the time goes black instead of white. How do I fix this?