What is the equivalent to this?

What is the equivalent to this?

Attached: 1200px-Microsoft_Office_Excel_(2018–present).svg.png (1200x1200, 29K)

Other urls found in this thread:

marketwatch.com/story/88-of-spreadsheets-have-errors-2013-04-17
youtube.com/watch?v=0yKf8TrLUOw
github.com/andmarti1424/sc-im
docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1hBMoc-FmAXf4z3LOGez8hnXg_S6rbCnCDVNzfQOhlPc/template/preview?usp=drive_web
twitter.com/AnonBabble

Attached: libreoffice.png (256x256, 14K)

nonexistent

That or this.

Or if you're doing more calculations and aren't only requiring spreadsheets, maybe Jupyter with whatever language stack you want.

Attached: sheets.png (1000x317, 72K)

Attached: 1 _BWVJB2JzuuzyxGxm6XWQQ.png (605x300, 35K)

C

nothing

excel is likely the greatest and most versatile program ever written

t. finance bro

APL (or j, the modern platform) unironically is a million times better than Excel for every single use case but finance people are brainlets when it comes to computers.

Attached: D50EE931-C59A-4B34-9A5D-E84A5BEE5563.jpg (800x487, 38K)

In my experice, whenever someone tells someone that you're to dumb to use it, chances are, they have no idea how to use it either.
true.
google sheets or zoho equivalent. :/

python+pandas.
+jupyter if you are a brainlet.
anything else is pajeet tier.

based.
> finance
tell me how I know you are low IQ pleb

i've seen people use excell to order a cup of coffee.
it does a lot of things you don't know about.

R
J if you are hardcode, apl if even more hardcore

HAHAHAHAHAHA

>DOING FINANCES ON A PREADSHEET
>not using dedicated software and only using spreadsheets only for showing nice graphs to boomers

the state of Jow Forums

It's sadly prevalent in the b2b world but not much you can do of the company you are doing business with expects all their shit to be on excel spreadsheets.

There's not.

Attached: 1541710743707.jpg (750x746, 299K)

Org-mode. Excel is for subhumans with lacking intelligence.

how do you build a DCF model without a spreadsheet? need an easy way to show all of your assumptions... dumbass

There is nothing. You can run a nuclear plant with Excel.

>tell me how I know you are low IQ pleb
He probably has a bigger bank account too you little bitch.

So this your skills with Photoshop?

is that what they used in chernobyl and fukushima?

There is no equivalent but there's good enough lesser stuff for free if you only require simpler functionality and don't share files.

Numbers

marketwatch.com/story/88-of-spreadsheets-have-errors-2013-04-17

emacs org-mode.

Attached: org-mode-table.jpg (1024x768, 105K)

>Python 2.7 for quick calculation
>SC-IM for a full spreadsheet

Wrong icon, pal.

Attached: LibreOffice-Calc.png (853x1024, 22K)

>blocks your path

Attached: Open Office.jpg (225x225, 8K)

/thread

R

based

dplyr + ggplot2 + plotly + R markdown is best way of making office shit ever

shit load times, libre replaced this shit

you would be surprised how much excel and VBA is used to manage the world's finances, it's all fucked

for that matter, i met some nerds that MS sent over to us from their excel product team. one of them looked like an indian bill gates

t. a different finance bro

SS + GOMAD

Based. Post body.

That doesn't mean he's not an idiot

I was once an intern at a petroleum forecasting company. My job was to maintain their business critical Excel macro.

Turns out that Excel has a limit of 16384 lines per function in VBA. They did not know how they were supposed to work around it.

Matlab

literally any programming language
seriously what the fuck is the usecase of excel

awk

No they used libreoffice for those.

What is APL?

>REEEE WHY U NO USING SOFTWARE I WONT MENTION
the state of Jow Forums indeed.

this
dead project

This is the correct answer. No one has dumped as much money/manhours/time into a spreadsheet application as microsoft.

why though
spreadsheet applications are useless

Attached: download.png (200x184, 7K)

>legacy apps, can read shit from 30 years ago
>universal data share everybody has it
>easy to use, almost no change in its entire existence, no bloat
>VBA/macros, adapts to literally anything
>can be upgraded with diferent tools since everything orbit towards it
>literally just werks

>applications used by literally every single one of the worlds biggest companies are useless

Remember kids, do the opposite of what /g says.

corporate america is not known for making intelligent decisions
the exact opposite, in fact
who would have predicted getting a degree in "business" does not actually grant any useful skills at all

any programming language does what excel does better, except make pretty plots, and drawing plots is so trivial you can do it using raw graphics APIs without too much trouble

excel is not a programming language you gigantic faggot.

you're right
excel is a graphical interface to an row and column based database with visualization features and the ability to perform very simple mathematical operations on it
which makes absolutely no sense
you're making it more difficult for yourself at that point

youtube.com/watch?v=0yKf8TrLUOw

>which makes absolutely no sense
why not? if your bussiness is small or make simple operations is perfect for everything you'll ever do.

because that's like 10 lines of very simple testable code, including the brackets

>testable code
excel just werks.

>be me
>frustrated with libreoffice calc
>oh look a Jow Forums thread maybe they use calligra or sc-im instead of the abomination that is calc
>fitizens drinking milk while squatting
>suntrust interns larping as goldman sachs analysts
>needful nadella shills
>excel features i have never heard of
>autists who learned to code
>R
lol

*program
"code" is the thing that is written by the developer
"program" as a noun refers to the product as a whole, as a verb, it refers to the act

>
>applications used by literally every single one of the worlds biggest companies are useless
yeah, companies use dumbed down software so their idiot wage slaves can use it. It's useless to people who know how to use a computer. What's your point?

>which makes absolutely no sense
autist

haskell

Shut the fuck up

This but also it's being phased out, slowly but surely. When even "financial advisory" firms and benefits companies are starting to drift away you know the end is near.

anything with Libre un the name is tranny territory

What's wrong with R?

Calc is good enough for anybody.

based

github.com/andmarti1424/sc-im

I use this

There really isn't. Excel is still the best spreadsheet on the market. But for a lot of people, who don't need anything more than 1% of what it offers, Google Sheets Just Werkz and doesn't need you to pay for it.

I guess Jow Forumsautist who doesn't get that having ENTIRE FUCKING ECOSYSTEM focused on tabular data manipulation and plotting might be convenient.

It's not like any one of them ever wrote report with r markdown and plot.ly, right?

>nonlinear optimization in libreoffice
>haha I accidentally gave you a wrong result without any error messages :P
>also I took 20 times longer to solve this than excel

>Excel is useless, just learn to code!
Can this board get any more detached from reality?

dude, excell definitely outlived it's usefulness. Nowadays people use it to manipulate datasets with hundred of thousands records.

Virgin spending 1h on tidying data

vs

chad writing pipe in R in 5mins

Yeah go to your average 40yo accountant and tell him "bro just write it in R". You'll get laughed out of the room.

40y old accountant don't browse g

If you are in college, or overall have much free time: learn r or python.

It saves time. It makes you more useful to company. It opens you door to much more than cleaning fucked up excel spreadsheets that are in almost every company.

This is code I've written in R. It filters data latter than centrain date, adds extra columns that allows me to do nice summary of overall percentage of cancelled bookings by month and total number of bookings and put it into nicely formatted table so I could copy it to clipboard and send on slack to my menager.

Whole thing took like 10-15 min. I could pend more time adding colouring gradient to data. But you get the point.

Knowing porgramming language is just convenient. It can save shitload of time.

Attached: image.png (595x216, 25K)

You can dump all your data in a spreadsheet and just add/change/format it later. Companies usually start off with very little data which makes Excel is ideal for that. This is harder to do with say Access since DBMS are much more rigid and require more planning and skill to use. The nice thing with Excel is that it has tons of advance functions and even has a built in programming language to further extend their system. For many companies, this is all what they need.

Google sheets

Attached: google-sheets-logo.jpg (680x400, 16K)

this. it's boomer tech. no one one on this board is going to tell you to master fortran and ada

More like Google Shits

Imagine writing times with dots instead of colons.
What the fuck did they think they were doing?

Google sheet is far more versatile than any spreedsheet I've used.

it's Free Software not FOSS

Attached: hqdefault.jpg (480x360, 35K)

Google Spreadsheet, Libreoffice Calc and MS Excel have all the same core functionality and the same exact cell functions.

>Google Spreadsheet, Libreoffice Calc and MS Excel have all the same core functionality and the same exact cell functions.
[Citation needed]
can you do this with libre calc and MS excel??
docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1hBMoc-FmAXf4z3LOGez8hnXg_S6rbCnCDVNzfQOhlPc/template/preview?usp=drive_web

Excel is turing complete and in that case I suppose that so is libre calc so I don't see why not

Yes they can and do regularly.