Imposter Syndrome

How do you guys deal with this feeling? I got a 4.0 this semester but it was largely trivial classes, and I constantly get this feeling like the steamroll is inevitable in a few semesters(only taking CS core because post-bacc, long story).

Do most people feel like a fraud ESPECIALLY with computer science related topics>?

Attached: yVCbpaB.png (778x512, 45K)

It will quickly go away once you get into the industry and realize that most people have mo fucking idea what their doing.

thank god

I hope so. I only have a minor in compsci and I'm taking the data scientist exam for the nsa at the end of the month

Most people have no idea what they're doing because they don't care about what they're doing. If you do your best and strive to always improve, you'll be above 99% of the workforce no matter what self doubt you have.

This. Literally no one knows what they're doing anywhere, at any company, ever.

Domain specific knowledge is the only thing anyone ever has and the average mid-level talent at a company never has more than 6 months of it. That's partially because things are always changing and partially because people stop learning new things at work.

Unless you are literally changing the world you are literally an imposter and always will be. Because drones never matter.

It quickly comes back when you have to do deal with God complex interviewers. I have literally gone from "you are incompetent and have no experience" to "you passed with a near perfect score" for the same interview performance. They pretty much throw darts with a blind fold on and declare "i meant to throw it there" after seeing where it lands.

I literally quit my first job at a start up because of impostor syndrome. I was making really good money and now I've been unemployed for almost a year. Litterally every one of my co workers has gone to a top tier school or worked at a larger company... meanwhile there was I, a kid in freshman year of community college who got hired because his father talked to the CEO of the company.

I wasted an opportunity because I felt I wasn't good enough... Oh well. I'm just going to work hard and get hired some place else.

Made up psychology bullshit. It's not an imposter syndrome when you are actually an imposter.
t. someone with "imposter syndrome"

are you first year? The difficulty is exponential between first and third year, then fourth year is piss easy for some reason.

This, you wouldn't believe how incompetent many people are in this field yet they earn great money.

i went from precalc, c++, lab science and software I to Discrete, assembly, data structures, and calc in the fall

am i ded

phew lad

what exam user?

hopefully I can be one of those people some day

retard

college is just for networking, you already had an in and you wasted it?

I'd fucking kill for a chance like that, I've been out of work for more than a year and have zero connections like that.

I'm pretty sure they were about to fire me. One day the CEO walked in while I was working and asked me to implement a T9 dictionary a few months after I started working. I was able to weasel out of it because I was working on another company project. I was only there for 6 months, so at the very least I learned a lot and have something on my resume. We left on good terms. I was a net drain on the company though...

One time I deployed a testing version of our software out to our clients haha... ._. I'm retarded and dumb...

I'm still in CC though, so I still have time. Should I just talk to nerds and get their phone numbers? Should I try making a start up with them, and even if it fails we have each other's backs?

>in univ
>been programming since i was 13, made adders in minecraft, programmed microcontrollers in raw assembly when i was younger
>made tons of useful shit when i was younger, even hosted a website at home
>basically programming comes easily to me
>other students in univ do those pointless codechef like coding problems all day long
>mfw i never did those shitty tests, but i am still able to do most problems
>can't do the harder problems though
>torn between if i should invest my time in those pointless tests or continue doing stuff i like, enjoy and continue creating useful shit

I cannot decide.

Attached: 0026 - dU9WYFu.jpg (400x325, 30K)

>How do you guys deal with this feeling?

Get to know your professors better, when you hear some of the stupid shit that comes out of their mouths you will solve this problem.

why not both?

They lowered the standards for niggers and women. Supplement coursework with self-directed learning. You'll be as a god among them.

>data scientist exam

Fake it until you make it.

Yeah. Rip
But seriously, Discrete will probably give you the most trouble, but calc 1 is easy

>work as steelworks draftsman/planner
>feel like you're winging it half the time
>avoid challenges and responsibilities

Attached: 1514637561939.gif (480x355, 1.28M)

I don't know if you hear this quip on campuses anymore, but you did in the boomer days.

Q: What do you call the guy who graduates at the bottom of his class in medical school?
A: "Doctor".

>One time I deployed a testing version of our software out to our clients haha
That's their fault. I would never let a retard touch the client server without supervision.