Will julia dethrone python

and claim the throne as the global scripting language?
if so, how do the programmer profits?

Attached: 1024px-Julia_prog_language.svg.png (1024x692, 37K)

Other urls found in this thread:

killedbygoogle.com/
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

perl & bash FTW

Not while it remains 1 indexed.

Not unless Python does something monumentally stupid like break compatibility again for 4.x. The 5/6 break and 6 being delayed is what killed Perl.

No reason not to use perl 5.x

it has pycall and has overall few nice things over python so yeah, that could happend

Biggest thing going for it is breaking dwo language dihthomy which is important in some places

Julia is absolutely awful as a scripting language, and will absolutely not dethrone python in this regard.

It being JIT compiled means making a quick plot takes ~20s on my very reasonably specced computer as opposed to

Python has libraries, its infiltrated deep learning and data science.

Julia is a data oriented language, we live in the age of big data so its going to become more prevalent. Its taking over in data science as everything right now is stuck inside Anaconda fill-in-the-blanks libraries that can't be extended. It will not become a general purpose scripting language because its non-OO and OO is still needed in lots of areas, so Dart is a better language in that regard. Julia will become more popular for systems administration and server programming as that is data related also, so there is no more reason to be stuck with Perl or Python for that. So between Dart and Julia there is no sane reason to use Python except as a beginners language.

>Its taking over in data science
lol no it isnt

julia is matlab syntax to play with python libraries while fighting llvm.

no because "python" sounds way manlier than "julia"

>Python has libraries
>>Its taking over in data science
>lol no it isnt
I think we can all appreciate the level of intelligence
of Python programmers, really something we can all look up to

Attached: pythonista wins another programming langauge argument.jpg (673x1000, 114K)

julia decreased in usage over the last year btw

No. In the next 10 years scripting languages will be dead. Thanks JavaScript (not)

>ex gf's name

Attached: pleasenot.jpg (640x400, 27K)

>hating 1-indexes
lol

>OO is still needed in lots of areas
HAHAHAHAHAHA, no.
OO is only for developers and does not translate to better machine code than imperative or functional.
>Dart is a better language in that regard
Dart? Really the google-owned language that can die tomorrow if our lord and savior says so?
killedbygoogle.com/
also dart is aiming at js, why the fuck would you use this as a researcher ?
>Julia will become more popular for systems administration
lel no. Bash is still king and python is close second and there is nothing you can do for this as sys/netadmins will NOT use this shit if everything already "just werks™".
>server programming
if anything, go or rust will get their marketshares but absolutly not julia.
>So between Dart and Julia there is no sane reason to use Python except as a beginners language
>use these unknown languages over well-tested ones with mathematically proved libs that guarantee me my results are what I expect.
Sure thing buddy, build the ecosystem first then come back shilling your shit, you may have a chance to get some marketshare.

whats julia

Julia’s speed benefits only exist when you run the same program as a whole over and over again, and it has nowhere near the amount of libraries that python does. It’s unlikely to displace python within the next decade.

What I don't understand is given how Lua is famous among game devs, why is it not as famous among non-game devs? I love the shit out of it and find it weird how it's completely ignored among others scripting languages.

Julia is for scientific computing and numerical methods. Python is for trannies and CS101.

Attached: 0Bw4ojz.jpg (1200x900, 403K)