What went wrong?

What went wrong?

Attached: ibm-logo-100702096-large.jpg (700x467, 52K)

what does ibm even do? like they have commercials on tv but dont say what they do or show any products lol. fuck ibm

They started making computers

they do IT shit for big businesses, you don't buy their stuff unless you own a multimillion dollar company

Enterprise stuff. You wouldn't know of it. They're doing very well. Not as well as they were doing maybe eight or nine years ago, but still.

They make international business machines.

mainframes, tape backups for example. Enterprise things, not stuff for home/office.

They sold thinkpads

IBM Power Systems

This

Capitalism.

Attached: basic_monopoly-58a6f52c5f9b58a3c91a359b.jpg (376x254, 39K)

If you view IBM as a hedge fund and not as a tech company, then nothing went wrong.

Cloud shit. They visited a hackathon that I went to recently. Their latest thing is Node Red, which is like Scratch but for JavaScript and they want actual developers to use it. Also, it's cloud based.

Pic related is a sticker I got from them. They were very interested in diversity.
I think they should've stuck with making good computers and keyboards, although they may not have survived if they did that.

Attached: 20190519_135529-1.jpg (2285x1662, 2.04M)

Nothing.

>They were very interested in diversity.
Nah, IBM themselves still isn't interested in this shit, it's their 3rd party hired marketing that pushes this shit.

>I think they should've stuck with making good computers and keyboards
IBM doing the thing that only ever made them miniscule income compared to everything else they're doing? Why?
Man, there are people who actually think IBM ever gave a shit about PC or PS/2.

Wrong?
I don't see anything wrong here

Attached: ibm-top2.png (867x241, 45K)

Support existing, locked-in customers. That’s literally all they do. Call them up, it will become incredibly obvious that they don’t want your business.

One too many antitrust broke what IBM did great, therefore it drove talent out of the company (who wants to go to a fucking hearing all the fucking time?). They're still good, but if it weren't for antitrust cases we would be in a different world, probably a better one.

Literally nothing? In their field they are still top notch and leading in AI and quantum computing research? Just because you don't hear about them doesn't mean they haven't done shit the last 20 years.

We use a Power System E980 at work that has 192 processing cores and 64 TB of RAM. IBM makes pretty good stuff...

New Zen 2 is going to eat Power9’s lunch.

capitalism and the free market

Ginni Rometty
She destroyed every good aspect of IBM's corporate culture and sold off all their hardware divisions.

IBM owns hundreds of patents and make super computers. They are apparently best in this and have heavily invested into quantum computing and who knows if they will succeed in that.

How do I get a job at IBM?

Watson.

Jeopardy gimmicks and scamming boomer executives

IBM has leveraged their decades of work, dating back to the 1960s, on superconducting supercomputers toward the current quantum computing trend. The same Josephson Junctions used in conventional superconducting logic are now used by IBM to build the actual qubits.

The NSA gave them tons of support to build a superconducting supercomputer back in the 1970s, and there is currently a reevaluation of this once doubted tech now that exascale computers are becoming real - the megawatts dissipated in conventional ICs at exascale level make low power (like an eighth) of a superconducting machine very attractive.

This.

OP thinks that IBM only made Thinkpads and Model M keyboards.

Attached: 1534913017195.jpg (453x470, 16K)