youtube.com/watch?v=69WFt6_dF8g

Want help?
>State the budget & CURRENCY
>List your uses e.g. Gaming, Video Editing, VM Work
>For monitors include purpose & graphics pairing
>NO Speccy or "bottleneck checkers"

CPUs based on current prices
>Athlon 200GE - HTPC, web browsing, bare minimum gaming
>R3 2200G - Light 30-60fps gaming(dGPU optional). 2400G if you want a CPU which can last into a GPU upgrade
>R5 2600/X - Good 60fps+ gaming & multithreaded use
>9700k - Wait for new patched benchmarks
>R7 2700/X - Best value high-end CPU on a non-HEDT platform
>Threadripper - HEDT

>BE AWARE that Microsoft, Apple, and others recommend disabling hyperthreading on Intel CPUs. Be aware that Intel tried to bribe researchers to delay releasing the vulnerability by an extra 6 months so they could do another stock sell off and release you scam 10th gen CPUs with HT.

>Avoid buying CPUs for the next week as zen 2 based CPUs are being announced in less than 10 days

RAM
>NEVER use only a single stick
>8GB - very light use, and/or if you don't mind closing programs regularly
>16GB - standard amount. If you have to ask if you need more, you don't
>CPUs benefit from fast RAM; 2800MHz+ is ideal. Check "more" for true latency formula

Graphics cards based on current pricing:
1080p
>RX 570/580 - value.
>1660 - Slightly better perf for more demanding games on high/maxed 60fps+;
> 1660Ti / 1070 / Vega56 - higher framerates
1440p (WQHD)
>1070Ti / Vega - 60-120fps+ in most games on high/maxed
>2070 Overclocked or Radeon VII - Worth considering
>2080Ti - higher framerates
2160p (4k)
>Radeon VII - weaker than 2080ti
>RTX 2080Ti - good, but poor value.

Other
>Consider a larger SSD (better GB/$) instead of small SSD & HDD
>M.2 is a form factor, NOT a performance standard
>PLAN BUILD AROUND YOUR MONITOR IF GAMING

rentry.co/pcbg-more

Prev
(Cross-thread) (Cross-thread) (Cross-thread)

Attached: 20180421_190205.jpg (2656x1494, 1.59M)

Other urls found in this thread:

pcpartpicker.com/list/dr88pG
amazon.com/dp/B07BXG7725/ref=psdc_13896615011_t3_B07B2DTYFX?th=1
newegg.com/p/N82E16834154829R?Item=N82E16834154829R
newegg.com/black-asus-rog-strix-hero-edition-gl503ge-es73-gaming-entertainment/p/N82E16834234958R?Item=N82E16834234958R
newegg.com/onyx-black-lenovo-flex-5-1570-81ca000cus/p/N82E16834847373R?Item=N82E16834847373R
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

>State the budget & CURRENCY
iMac for around the same, maybe even a little more ($2200)
>List your uses
The primary focus is music production. I need something that can handle recording live instruments, mostly guitar, with ease. If that can’t be done, I’m wasting my money. Needs to be smooth and latency-free.

If I’m gonna go the “build a PC” route, then I might as well play some games on it as well. However, this is hardly a priority as compared to the music production aspect. As long as it can handle occasional gaming, I’m good.

I have an audio interface already (Scarlett 2i4, not exactly great, and I don’t mind upgrading). Was told to mention this in another thread, so I am.

Obviously, I’d like to future-proof this as much as possible. If I’m gonna be spending up to $2000 on a PC and making the switch from my trusty Apple product, it needs to really be worth it.

Unfortunately, I don’t know a ton about this stuff. I’m hoping you guys can help me figure this whole thing out, or at the very least, give me a push in the right direction.

Thanks for your time!

reminder that amd will never surpass intel

Should I upgrade? If so, what to?
Current system:
>3770k delidded 4.5Ghz
>Asrock z77 Extreme4
>2x8GB DDR3
>GTX 1070

Usage:
>Heavy multi-tasking (i rarely close anything)
>Path of Exile, Tera, Lost Ark
>2 1440p 165hz displays

Attached: Speccy64_VfMq68ioBO.png (498x532, 22K)

You can OC the 1660ti, but it's very basic and only 2 sliders. I don't think it beats the V56 performance wise when they are both tuned to their peak, though it may be close. If you don't want to touch any settings, I would say the Nvidia card is what you should get. It's much more of a set and forget situation and the drivers are good for them. It will max most 1080p games at 60 and a lot of them will play well at 100+ as well.

V56 takes some know how and patience to get to where it becomes high tier. BIOS mod, etc. is probably more than what you'd want to do.

The "hot and loud" meme is from the early days of R7 and reference blower cards with the Vegas. The aftermarket coolers on the 56/64 don't have any of those problems and the R7 can be easily tuned to be near silent.

t. Radeon 7, V64, 1660ti, 1080, etc. owner

Attached: 59548666_169776304042034_481683584428539904_n.jpg (960x720, 74K)

Should I upgrade?

Attached: specc.png (784x499, 38K)

Mate i'd be fucking PISSED too if I bought intlel. No need to post this cope shit, just upgrade.

Do you think they wont, realisticly?

If your current systems handle what you play, I wouldn't bother. There's bound to be some cool shit launched at computex besides AMD announcements.

I've finished my build, but when I power on the PC, no display. I'm running a Ryzen 2400G, which has integrated graphics. but HDMI and VGA aren't displaying anything. B450 motherboard means it shouldn't need a BIOS update. CPU and Exhaust Fan powering on just fine, but there's this yellow light (pic related) and I don't know what that means.

Is something wrong? I also tried an old Radeon 7800 but it literally wouldn't fit in the GPU slot (I pushed it in to the point the mobo started to flex). I'm starting to believe AMD is a meme.

Attached: IMG_20190521_085339.jpg (1000x1635, 1.14M)

Thoughts on this budget PC build? Threw something together for a non-gamer family member for $355 incl. shipping and tax.
> AMD Ryzen 3 2200G
> ASRock B450M-HDV
> ADATA SU800 512GB M.2
> ADATA XPG GAMMIX D10 16GB RAM
> Seasonic S12III 450W PSU
> MasterBox Q300L MicroATX Case

Attached: chrome_Nq8yRJRFd4.png (296x417, 334K)

It's good for tight budget Facebook machine. Good job. It's a waste of money for their uses though, probably

too late, I already bought a new rig.

Attached: bouw 4.png (1260x624, 52K)

The GPU should fit. That's just weird. But I'm guessing the light is on because the motherboard is trying to use the PCI port for display rather than igpu.
Try a CMOS battery reset but I doubt that'll help. By default your motherboard should be set to igpu as primary display.
It's not amd at fault if that's the case. It's the motherboard

God, Zen 2 cannot come soon enough.

Attached: speccy.jpg (659x436, 59K)

>too late, I already bought a new rig.
Dumbass. You'll regret it in a year

200GE and a WD Blue NVMe with 8GB of RAM and a CX430M.

I'm not . That's fine, hope you enjoy it.

The only people in this thread are epic gaymerz, so we really can't help you out on building a workstation-worthy PC.

You don't need much for music production. I get by pretty fine in FL Studio with my shit hooked up on a 5 year old laptop. There definitely is some latency though if I have my headphones in my computer and not my interface. I usually mute my live track in FL Studio, route my audio to play through my interface, and listen to the metronome or whatever and my raw live track in the interface.
You really don't need to spend 2k. I recommend waiting 2 weeks until they announce the new line of ryzen chips, but if you want something future proof that can game on the side:
>pcpartpicker.com/list/dr88pG
That of course depends on how much gaming you want to do. Do you want something that is gonna be able to run most new games on High for the next few years? Or are you like me and just mainly stick to a few games that are already out, and cool with playing new stuff for the next couple years on medium? The one thing worth noting is the dual terabyte harddrives. Set those up with RAID and to hold your music so if one hard drive is fucked, you don't lose your demos.
I went with a build that I personally think is a bit overkill (2600x vs. 2600, m2 vs. ssd, 2060 vs. 580), but with your budget you could realistically get something with a bit more oomph, but it probably won't be worth the money at all. The one I posted is just a nicer version of my desktop, and my desktop already I feel is a tad bit overkill for everything except super high performance gaming, but hey, I get 80+ fps in New Vegas on ultra with graphics mods, and 300 fps in csgo.

please help. I know nothing about desktops -- been using second hand laptops all my life

Use:
90% scripting/programming, light compiling, internet browsing, writing and reading documents, watching movies, torrenting shit in a very low overhead linux OS
10% exclusively audio recording/mixing on windows

all I really want is that the build be SILENT and as low maintenence as possible
I don't specify budget bc I suspect it's not a significant factor in my particular case, given the low requirements. currency is USD

I was told to come here AAAAAAA

>FL
garbage lmao

You record instruments with FL on a shitty laptop without issues? that’s pretty impressive.

> Or are you like me and just mainly stick to a few games that are already out, and cool with playing new stuff for the next couple years on medium?

yes, definitely this. if anything, i’d be playing halo mcc and classic wow with my friends, shit like that. nothing serious, but I’d like for it to be able to handle more “intense” games, for lack of a better term.

Thank you, by the way. I’ll make note of your recommendations! Much appreciated!

So I've got a i5-4400
Thinking of upgrading for a 20%+ boost in performance for $110 to a i7-4790.
I could then probably sell my old CPU for $70 minimum. This should be able to hold me out till zen 4.

My friend, at the very least replace your HDD with an SSD. It will make your laptop? feel like new.

What is the best ATX case? I need 300mm for the GPU and at least 2 HDD cages and 2 SSD slots.

Are you tied into OSX software-wise? You mentioned that you have a mac already.

What software are you using? Do you need very high single-core speed, or is your workload highly threaded?

If not, it would be best to wait a few weeks to see what the next-gen ryzen stuff offers.

Yeah it's a laptop. A 5-year-old HP pavilion. I don't feel like going through the hassle of re-installing everything so I'm just gonna deal with it for the next month or so until Zen 2 launches. Then, I either get Zen 2 or whatever the better value is.

I'm currently running a X5650 at 4Ghz, it's a 6 cores 12 threads server chip but the age is definitely showing. My PSU decided to burn the shit out of my motherboard about a month ago after the 12v connector went bad and even though I managed to fix it, I'm pretty sure my entire computer is about to die. To be sure, it's going to be 10 years old by the end of summer.

So here's the deal. I already have enough saved up to refresh my build. The only components I'm carrying over to the new rig will be graphics card and my drives. I have a budget of about 800 USD to get a new cpu, cooler, ram, mobo, psu and case. Right now I'm itching to just buy a 2600x and save a few hundred bucks by going with a lower tier mobo than the one I would need to OC a 2700 to like 4.3. My main use case for this computer is programming and gaming. I do light video editing from time to time but I don't care about being able to crush 4K raw footage in timeline.

I want to wait for the next gen to come out so 2700 prices drop a bit, but I could probably just buy the 2600x and have a heck of a computer right now. There's a part of my mind screaming at me to wait, while the other is telling me that even the cheaper option I'm considering would be an improvement compared to my current computer.

I'm probably gonna wait but I'm tired of the constant crashing. Anyone knows if the performance difference between 2600x and 2700 is worth the wait?

From the pic it looks like the cpu power isn't connected

Get something with the S1220 audio dac as far as mobos go, you can hear the difference. I would recommend a 2700x or maybe even a 2950x just so you can run all of your interfaces without running into issues. You also need good RAM as some programs encode or compress audio files using system memory. Vega 56 or 2060 for GPU and a good psu.

Other main thing you want to prevent is coil whine, so make sure your components are quality.

This.

Try taking out your RAM and putting it back in.

Get a 2600X with whatever the latext X*70 motherboard is so that when you want to upgrade to Ryzen 3/4 later down the road you won't get cucked by shitty VRMs on a garbage motherboard.

Reposting from last thread

Can ya'll help me decide on a laptop?

>Budget
$1000
>Use
GIS processing (no 3D work, only 2D), coding in python and R (for GIS work environments only). Some light gaming like Counter Strike would be nice, but it's secondary to my purpose of buying the machine.

I've been mainly been looking at a minimum of an i7 and 16gb of RAM as starting points in a machine.

Some questions I have:
How heavily should I prioritize an SSD?
Most of the laptops without a dedicated GPU have an Intel UHD 620. How shit-tier is this card compared to even a lower scale Nvidia?
Intel 8th Gen i7: Is there a significant difference between the i7-U and i7-H chips?

So far these have been the best I've found, but I've been operating under the assumption that I should go with the i7-H chip, which consequentially means I end up looking at gaming laptops with more expensive GPUs in them.

amazon.com/dp/B07BXG7725/ref=psdc_13896615011_t3_B07B2DTYFX?th=1
newegg.com/p/N82E16834154829R?Item=N82E16834154829R
newegg.com/black-asus-rog-strix-hero-edition-gl503ge-es73-gaming-entertainment/p/N82E16834234958R?Item=N82E16834234958R

If the CPU isn't a significant increase, I can look at some more affordably priced laptops like this or something without a dedicated GPU.
newegg.com/onyx-black-lenovo-flex-5-1570-81ca000cus/p/N82E16834847373R?Item=N82E16834847373R

Attached: wells.jpg (1315x1016, 487K)

Yeah, I’ve been using a very old macbook. It’s definitely on its last legs, but it’s lasted years. I’ve been using Logic Pro forever. I would hate to make a switch but it’s not like it would be exceptionally difficult to, more of a pain in the ass than anything.

I’m in no immediate rush, I just don’t know when the old laptop will finally just give up.

Not gonna lie, most of this went right over my head. Understood the RAM bit — definitely know that’s important at the very least.

My recording setup is complicated, and while I probably don’t have to worry as much about noise as those micing up an amp (where it would definitely be a
major issue), but I would definitely like to keep it quiet for my sanity if nothing else. It’s also just nice to have a quiet room to write in. Definitely don’t need it to sound like a jet is taking off in my room.

I pieced together a build real quick, as newegg has a good sale on the thread ripper combos (180 bucks off).

>2920x
>asrock taichi
>enermax liqtech 360mm
>gskill trident z 3600mhz 4x8gb
>power color vega 56
>rm850x
>fractal design s2 meshify
$1753. Just add your choice of storage in SSD form.

He doesn't need anything more than an RX 570/580 unless audio shit can leverage GPU power somehow.

I have something like this. How much RAM should I put in there? Should I go for triple channel? The CPU is actually an X5675 at 4.3GHz (I configured it using some RAM from another PC).
I will be using it for VR and sometimes for streaming and such.

Attached: file.png (621x499, 37K)

It can't as far as I know, but he wants to game some too. If the budget allows it, why not IMO.

The $120+ he saves by not getting a Vega 56 can be used for more storage or RAM.

Got an old hp z400 from my parents, want to modify it for gaming. Already ordered additional ddr3 ram and a rx480, thinking about switching out the chip. My eye was on the xeon x5650, but I'd like to know if I can overlock it with the motherboard I have? 586968-001 with (standard?) high power cooler and standard 470W PSU. Someone else said it would lead to heat problems, others said it can be done without problem.

He still has $450 left in the budget for storage and 32gb of RAM. You don't have to be correct, relax.

What's happening here?

Gonna have to say the MSI is the best buy there.
I'm ignoring the rest of your post cause it's a non-issue if you grab the MSI.
It's surprisingly a really really good deal.
And on a laptop of all things.

"Triple" channel is never a good idea.
There is a reason why dual is the norm.
Your pc is painful to look at.

So im in the market for a new PC , What would be agood upgrade path. Also any use for my current PC? Pic related

PS Captcha is a bitch

Attached: New PC.jpg (1920x1080, 228K)

Why are all modern mice gay? They all feel like scams.

What an obscure pc. Good luck getting help
>What's happening here?
Delidded this
>Also any use for my current PC? Pic related
Bonfire/back up shitposting terminal for when you pc goes down.
>Why are all modern mice gay? They all feel like scams.
Because buying any mouse over $10 is a scam. You don't need 2000000000 dpi bullshit. With rainbow laser beams

Delidded 3770k and applied liquid metal.

Attached: 20180421_191311.jpg (4250x2391, 2.65M)

>What an obscure pc. Good luck getting help
Yes I was hoping someone in here could.

I mean, I’d love to have some extra cash. I don’t want to get all cheap though. I hope that makes sense

Could I get some advice on this build I'm relatively new to computers so please tell me if I'm a fucking idiot

Attached: Build.png (937x592, 59K)

If thermal compound comes into even the slightest contact with human skin, does it need to be re-applied?

The CPU I just bought had it pre-applied, which I didn't realize as I grazed it very lightly with the backside of my index finger (it was sticky). Should I unscrew and re-apply?

No, it's fine

you don't need spinning disks, just get a 1tb samsung 860 QVO

Yes you should also discard your finger

Well, nevermind, just checked against other processors and the x5675 at stock speed will give me the same power as a ryzen 5 1600, which is what I was aiming for initally.

>$200 for 6cores non-OCable security-vuln processor
just get a 2600X

Please don't fall for a 9400f, they're already out of date dude.

Get a fucking 2600x, don't be a retard.

Is Infineon and International Rectifier still the non plus ultra for VRM phases?

Have an 1150 motherboard that just fried.
Should i just get another 1150 board and wait for smaller nm cpus or get an 1151 board plus ram and cpu?

I have a noctua nh D15 and intel 6600k
How much can I oc my cpu before the fans start running louder than they do now and what long term affect will it have on my cpu

Attached: 20190520_214617.jpg (4608x2592, 3.33M)

Isn't putting a huge plate on top false advertising or does it serve a purpose? (that putting a properly sized heatsink on top couldn't do)

About to start working on my build now, wish me luck

Attached: 8BF91BB4-5282-47AE-8136-578180F4EAA7.jpg (4032x3024, 2.03M)

How tight do I make these screws?

The springs keep making loud noises and it's scaring me. Do I go all the way down? I don't want to break my cpu or mobo

Attached: 20190520_220834.jpg (2034x1184, 1.16M)

Ayyy I basically just bought the same rig myself except subbing in a 2060 for that 580. Feelsgoodman

Just keep going until they stop turning. Those coolers are retarded and the noises are scary but I just did mine 20 minutes ago and it was fine.

Good luck can that mobo overclock?

Pretty sure it can, not that I'd know how

Model o is good

CL14 3200 or CL16 3400

You tell me

Attached: 2019-05-20 23_33_45.png (671x231, 55K)

How about 3400 CL14

8.23ns

That's the goal, gonna need more voltage though for that.

i need a motherboard bros... tell me whatcha got. wanna play some games and do some video editing

Attached: 1551411193099.jpg (429x504, 58K)

What processor?
You fucking dunce.

I have to choose between Full HD @ 144Hz or 1440p @ 75Hz due to budget. Should I go for a higher refresh rate or higher pixel count?

I got a R5 2600 and a Vega 56 with 16GB of RAM. I play mostly shooters and RPGs (think Doom, Insurgency, Skyrim, Diablo, Battlefield) .

OEM motherboard made by Pegatron

Buy used. You can get a 144hz 1440p.

You are everything that is wrong with this board. Fuck off back to fakebook you stupid cunt.

2600X

screechy screechy

x470 series mobo
Ryzen 2600 (zen+)
2600Mhz or above RAM with CAS (cache latency) 14 or under

450W+ PSU
Your choice of GPU.

Enjoy your GPU passthrough if you want to use a windows 7 VM in a sandbox on Linux.

Also your VRM will be powerful enough for Ryzen 3000 if you want to upgrade later.

also x470 can support triple CLI/SLI btw which x370 doesn't have SLI.

WIth Vulkan API enabled programs which natively handle multi GPUs so you will get very little diminishing returns.
unlike windows with DX3D that reserves a GPU strictly for sync tasks

I mean crossfire/SLI

Attached: dis-me.jpg (474x708, 44K)

Front panel connectors (power led, HDD led, power switch, etc)

Is the arrow pointing at the positive connection?

pin 1 is ground

What do you mean? Is the arrow pointing at + or - ?

Attached: 20190520_233107.jpg (1383x861, 542K)

See they just have an arrow at one pin

Attached: 20190520_233303.jpg (1296x802, 556K)

16 gb ram is a must in '19
Everything else is fine

Attached: Screen_Shot_20190508_at_10.37.07.jpg (1648x930, 167K)

Benq 144hz or 240hz for gayming?

The arrow look like plus to me

Fella I know is selling this rig second hand for $300, probably going to switch out the GPU for a 1080. Reckon this will be find for 1440p 60fps?

intel i7 6700K
16GB DDR4 RAM
AMD RAEDON RX480 8GB
SAMSUNG EVO950 250GB M.2 NVME SSD
GIGABYTE B150M motherboard
SEAGATE 1TB HDD 5400RPM

Attached: 1527411766741.jpg (640x1018, 178K)

can someone talk me through buying a good monitor/tv for £100 - £200
What are good/convenient features?
What should I know about future proofing?
What are the main stages of quality for judging a tv/monitor? Resolution, rate, power consumption?

CPU is a little behind the times, but you can definitely manage 1440p60 if not more.

Bigger surface area means more area for the heat to dissipate.

>intel
If you do go ryzen like people are gonna try convince you. You'll need to get a better ram. Team and ryzen i wouldn't trust.

Attached: 1496752479433.png (240x286, 123K)

post more of this goddess m8

m8
no
dis is g
not pp

fellas...

Which windows 10 edition do I install?

Pro? What's the difference between Pro and Pro?