Imagine using this

Imagine using this.

Attached: file.png (900x507, 214K)

Other urls found in this thread:

github.com/brave/brave-browser/issues/1431
github.com/brave/browser-laptop/wiki/Fingerprinting-Protection-Mode
reddit.com/r/BATProject/comments/bhlo4k/faq_brave_rewards_ads_support/
reddit.com/r/BATProject/comments/8rk7h8/how_will_advertisers_be_able_to_target_certain/e0s0mvo/
ungoogled-software.github.io/ungoogled-chromium-binaries/
github.com/brave-intl/bat-native-ads/blob/master/src/bat/ads/internal/client.cc
venturebeat.com/2019/04/24/brave-rolls-out-its-own-ads-that-pay-users-a-70-cut/.
brave.com/brave-ads-launch/
twitter.com/AnonBabble

I'd rather not thanks

/thread

I've tried. Too buggy. Now I use Chromium.

Imagine using chromium.

>using Trannyfox in 2007+12
Peak nu/g/

Imagine not using Vivaldi.

Attached: vivaldi.png (420x420, 4K)

Imagine having a qt gf.

I'm using it , why should I not be?

Attached: 1540595762420.jpg (580x548, 34K)

I don't have to imagine.

Be Brave™

Something about Telemetry and building advertising profiles on users

Proofs? I use it with ublock

user why you gotta be like that?

Attached: 1556707005263.jpg (314x353, 14K)

The fuck was the point of Vivaldi?
>Opera is "updated" and becomes a chromium reskin like Edge, Maxthon and the others
>myopera extension community purged like firefox post-xul
>community unhappy, fired presto devs leak source code on github
>some former Opera executive comes back out of nowhere and claims he'll bring back classic Opera like Mighty Number 9
>it's just a chrome reskin

The actual Opera code is still maintained as Otter Browser but no-one uses it. Why even support this shit?

Attached: 1551337695644.png (63x53, 10K)

I'm using it right now.
It's Chrome with ungoogled chromium patches and other stuff to remove google's botnet.

Is there any proof of this? I browsed their site and there was no mention of the inox patchset or any specific patches at all. Is it just a trust me bro situation like SRWare Iron?

Don't know if they already applied them all, but they intent to:
github.com/brave/brave-browser/issues/1431

Otter is actually Chrome too. Presto is dead.

I dunno if the browser's has been audited yet but they do collect shit and send requests to Brave ad servers with at least your unique wallet address, country and demographic info (eg: male 18-25). They state it can be disabled in some capacity but it's not fully explained.

Attached: BraveAdware3.jpg (904x1037, 207K)

But idk what else to use with Android

Nothing collected is sent to their server, stop talking shit.

Attached: file.png (1045x865, 176K)

>You can trust me, goyim, I'm on your side!

It's open source, you can go ahead and check how it works.

ads have trackers. your browser is unique. your browsing is known. your bookmarks are not.

i use qutebrowser tard

Brave is detected as Chrome, and aims for some herd mentality to resist fingerprint: github.com/brave/browser-laptop/wiki/Fingerprinting-Protection-Mode
What any of this has to do with bookmarks?

How is it possible to fetch ads without sending requests to ad servers? Unless the browser ships with every ad in their entire library predownloaded, you're inevitably connecting to either Brave or Smith & Wesson directly to download those targeted Jow Forums handgun ads.

There's also all the wallet address shit that I have no idea how they would handle. Do Smith & Wesson tell Brave to pay you specifically after the ad is sent to you? Does Brave's server handle the requests as a middleman? How long does Brave retain this information for? Do they encrypt it? Is there a warrant canary?

Qtwebengine, which only uses some chromium stuff, and isn't a fork of blink*

Imagine being a firecuck

It's Opera without the chinks and some bugs in the mix.

Brave is not a browser company. It's an advertising company. You can use uBlock and uMatrix, and it won't matter.

Why? Because of how they envision themselves making money. Their cryptocurrency. BAT is baked into the browser. This means that they need to follow you around, see if you've enabled BAT, see which ads you see, which ads you click on, see where you try to donate you BAT to. Furthermore, even though they are giving you 70% for their "safe ads," you yourself can not cash them out.
if you donate them to someone, and they do not have a wallet set up, they have 30 days to set up the wallet or that donation goes straight into Brave's pocket.

I'll grant that Brave is less botnet than Chrome (even though both browsers see you as the product), but if you were to go down that chain of logic, then Dissenter is even less botnet than Brave, as they forked Brave, ripped out the BAT, and will be adding Bitcoin Lightning (which is a cryptocurrency you can actually use, rather than being limited to donations).

I'm not recommending Dissenter by any means. But there is literally no reason to use Brave. If you want a chromium based browser that has built-in shields, then Dissenter is better. If you want a Chromium browser that is botnet free, that's either Dissenter or Ungoogled Chromium. If you want a Chromium based browser, but don't give a shit about botnet, then you may as well use Chrome or Chromium. If you want to rip out the botnet at the roots, you use IceCat. If you want trade a little bit of privacy for convenience, you use Waterfox or Firefox.

There is no situation in which Brave is a good choice.

Attached: gab vs eich.png (639x362, 59K)

How the fuck do I even install ungoogled chromium

Once again posting the tweet chain with deleted replies, gab? Come on. No one is installing your shit.

Stop questioning things, goy. It's secure because we say it is.

The one where you can time machine and see that Gab said exactly what they claimed to say? Yeah, that chain. Also the chain where Brandon Eich refused to answer a very simple question, despite being asked it repeatedly.

From what I remember, a set of ads is downloaded every month or week, and from those downloaded the more relevant to you is shown. All this is done in your PC, with nothing being sent.
They responded this in a more technical way on the github and twitter if I'm not mistaken. Don't have it saved tho, have to look up.
>if you donate them to someone, and they do not have a wallet set up, they have 30 days to set up the wallet or that donation goes straight into Brave's pocket.
This is bullshit, Brendan had a big fucking thread on twitter explaining that the BATs don't go back to Brave in 30 days.
And you can disable the Rewards system. And even if it's on, it serves you relevant ads based on your browsing but processed locally, nothing is sent to their servers.

Imagine being a tranny

Where's the lie, though?

Brave is partially ungoogled chromium with BAT malware. Dissenter Browser is the same without BAT plus their gay comment malware. Just install Ungoogled Chromium and avoid all those scumbags instead. No added bullshit and extremely transparent.

Ok I found some shit.
Here: "BAT eliminates the need for third-party tracking and middlemen by matching and delivering ads client-side, locally and on-device. In Brave, an ad catalog comprised of landing page URLs and other campaign segmentation data will be periodically downloaded into the browser. Brave will then match and deliver ads from the catalog to the user, using client-side machine learning algorithms against locally-stored data. Since all matching happens client-side on locally-stored data, absolutely no tracking or user data collection is required, including by Brave Software."
reddit.com/r/BATProject/comments/bhlo4k/faq_brave_rewards_ads_support/
There's also some other explanation here: reddit.com/r/BATProject/comments/8rk7h8/how_will_advertisers_be_able_to_target_certain/e0s0mvo/

They have packages available for most distros and Windows/Mac versions.
ungoogled-software.github.io/ungoogled-chromium-binaries/

It's not compatible with the Play Store because the necessary Google service was removed but userscripts exist that let you rip from the site you may also want to install. That's the only other setup I can think of.

I have no idea where I saw it anymore, but they do store quite a bit of info about the user. I don't have time, but some of it is here: github.com/brave-intl/bat-native-ads/blob/master/src/bat/ads/internal/client.cc
If I remember correctly, its at least
-unique ID
-locale, possibly country
-local time
-engagement with ads
There was some more shit that I can't source right now. Its somewhere in the code. Either way its enough to build a nice little profile of you to sell to people. I like the whole BAT idea, but its too sketchy fr me to trust it.

>This is bullshit, Brendan had a big fucking thread on twitter explaining that the BATs don't go back to Brave in 30 days.
He can claim all he wants. If you try setting up BAT, it literally tells you what will happen. But even pretending that isn't true, it's really irrelevant.

>BAT eliminates the need for third-party tracking
Right. It's first party tracking.

Name two better mobile alternatives

Since you aren't defining what makes things better (and performance can vary by device), Dolphin and Firefox Focus.

imagine being OP

It's good on phone.
-t. Phoneposter

And that's totally fine. If people were saying, "Install Brave on your mobile, it's one of the best," I wouldn't argue that. But when people push the lie that it's essentially an Ungoogled Chromium, or that it's a private browser, that is an outright lie. There are admirable features to Brave, like including an Ad blocker (even if it's AB+) and HTTPS Everywhere by default. However, Brave is not private. It is not anti-botnet.

This, it's the only Chromium based browser (aka decent performance, with everything functional) that still supports my shitty Galaxy Tab on 4.0.4. Everything else simply dropped support a long time ago or is Firefox, which barely runs on this piece of shit.

Anone know how payment works?

Say I browse Jow Forums all day and recieve local ads from gun stores according to and .
Brave claims they will send me and each gun store payment in a 70:30 split accoridng to venturebeat.com/2019/04/24/brave-rolls-out-its-own-ads-that-pay-users-a-70-cut/.
Wouldn't they need to know exactly which ad I was served locally to send the 30% to the correct advertiser?
I don't see a way to do this unless ad views are tracked by Brave somehow.

They don't send payments to the advertisers, dude. What they do is the people wanting to advertise would contact Brave. Brave would then take their money, convert it into BAT, and give you 70% of what the company paid Brave (in BAT). Then, you can take the BATs that you earned, and donate it to someone, while Brave keeps the other 30%. If you donate your BAT to someone who isn't set up to receive it, that person has 30 days to set it up, or the donation you made will go into Brave's pocket.

>everything functional
>no extension support

Attached: Screenshot_20190521-150610.png (1080x1920, 210K)

So Brave take 30% of advertiser payments and 70% is placed into a pool Brave users can earn by viewing ads? I've guessing Brave just counts ads served if its local and there's nothing tying me to the advertiser. Makes me wonder if I can use Cheatengine to set ads served to 255 and withdraw as much as possible.

Right. Brave are the middle men. But in order to give advertisers the best bang for their buck, they serve you ads relevant to your interests. In order to do this, Brave must track you, and what you see/click on. I'm sure they aren't lying when they say that 3rd parties won't ever get any data on you, but Brave will still keep it.

And, as has been mentioned elsewhere, you can't cash out your BATs. You can only donate them.

Go to biz and see what everyone thinks of LN... Thanks but no thanks core cuck. And lmao'ing at ur lyfe for pushing gabs garbage ass fork of a fork...

>nothing tying me to the advertiser
I don't think this is corrent. I can't find the post but advertisers do recieve basic information on who is viewing their ads like Google AdSense would provide, so some basic telemetry must be sent.

>Race you to the next light faggot!
Shit I forgot I had a leftover burrito..
>Fuck it, I got time before the light changes.

Attached: grand-turismo-burrito-drifter.webm (360x640, 2.56M)

I did. Then I switched to Brave ™

From what he told, they added that clausule so that the BATs don't get lost when people donate to someone who isn't set up, but they don't enforce it, they leave it there for far more than 30 days and when they take it out it goes back to the BAT pool.
You could try that, don't know if it would work tho.
To withdraw you would need to setup a 'content creator' account and donate everything to it.
I would like to see more from this if you have a link. They don't mention anything being sent ever. The only connection to the server is to download the Brave ads catalogue, supposedly.
First party tracking you locally, without information being sent? Cmon user, stop being dumb.
But all of this is being sent? One time only or from time to time?
Rewards is not available for me, for example, because of where I live, but I think the browser can check it locally.

loolololol

brave is a fukn cryptominer advertising spyware browser fukn gross. do you know how stupid you shills are?

>First party tracking you locally, without information being sent? Cmon user, stop being dumb.
do you know how targeted advertising works you stupid faggot?

Did you read anything about how the fucking ads works, faggot?
The ads catalogue is downloaded to every Brave, and it locally serves the ad more relevant, without sending info about you to their servers. It's also fucking open source and you can check for yourself if what they say is true.

>It's also fucking open source and you can check for yourself if what they say is true
such a shiteating shill

from brave's own website:
>Brave is working with several ad networks and brands for the Brave Ads catalog inventory. The catalogs are one per region and pushed to the user’s device, and there is never any tracking from Brave. Vice, Home Chef, Ternio BlockCard, MyCrypto, and eToro are now supplying ads, in addition to BuySellAds, TAP Network, AirSwap, Fluidity, and Uphold...

sure, never any tracking FROM BRAVE. what about all the advertisers funding development?

i mean, just fucking read this garbage:
brave.com/brave-ads-launch/

at best, brave is somewhat less awful than chrome fork of chrome, but still ships with a fuckton of useless and potentially dangerous trash. oh goodness, it comes with privacy-oriented extensions. wow. you can install them in chrome, chromium, de-googled chromium yourself, without all the extra useless ad garbage that brave ships with. you are a nigger cunt.

Brave is actually relatively based.

>from brave's own website:
>>Brave is working with several ad networks and brands for the Brave Ads catalog inventory. The catalogs are one per region and pushed to the user’s device, and there is never any tracking from Brave. Vice, Home Chef, Ternio BlockCard, MyCrypto, and eToro are now supplying ads, in addition to BuySellAds, TAP Network, AirSwap, Fluidity, and Uphold...
>sure, never any tracking FROM BRAVE. what about all the advertisers funding development?
I don't understand what you're trying to say. How do you interpret this line:
>The catalogs are one per region and pushed to the user’s device

I have qt wife

>what about all the advertisers funding development?
The browser doesn't send if of you to their servers, everything is done locally, it only downloads the fucking ad catalogue. How the fuck are the advertisers tracking you?
They pay to advertise, their ads are put on the catalogue, your browser downloads the catalogue, it checks locally what ad is more relevant to you and shows you that. Done, no info sent.
As I said, it's open source so you can go ahead and check it, and it's also OPTIONAL, you can just turn rewards off, and there's also an option to hide the rewards button, no need to set some shitty about:config or anything. You can forget about it.

And someone insults you after spoonfeeding him to this extent and for this long. Wonderful, isn't it?

Trully wonderful. He will probably call me a shill and keep saying shit on other threads. The absolute state of Jow Forums.

Samefag
Sametime

How nu are you? Do you think this is deviantart or reddit you disgusting shitstained child rape victim nigger? Do you think this is candy land? Do you think this is disney land? Motherfucker, this is Jow Forums, home of terry davis and rms and ers and l.t. home of niggerati poo in loo glow-in-the-dark cia maseratis. Kill yourself now, ytml.

Attached: 401.png (465x235, 23K)

Clearly shopped you filthy samefagget

Retard.

Attached: file.png (1920x973, 181K)

Why should I care about extensions on a phone? Anyway, if you want extension on a Chromium browser, just use Kiwi.