This or the xps 13? GNU plus linux install

this or the xps 13? GNU plus linux install

Attached: macbook-select-space-gray-201706_GEO_AU.jpg (904x840, 68K)

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=BnwB8Oh628Q
howtogeek.com/198043/how-to-merge-folders-on-mac-os-x-without-losing-all-your-files-seriously
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

if you don't need or want macOS, there isn't a point in paying the premium for it. Just get a thinkpad.

That's the worst mac there is.
Get the 2015 mbp if you want a mac

clearly looking for small, portable, professional looking with a good screen. not a thinkpad

>What is x1 carbon and yoga series

nearly 2x the price with the good screen

It's a lot better than the 12" fagbook though.
The 12 macbook has tablet tier cpu, shit repairability, shit keyboard and no ports make it useless

XPS 13, especially if you're not going bother with macOS.

Xps 13 is great

I have a t460s it's good

youtube.com/watch?v=BnwB8Oh628Q

I use a Surface Book 2 13.5, it has a GTX1050, and quad core i7. You can do lite gaming on it.

OP here using linux so none of this applies to me. Strong/stiff hinge is a non issue. Its a criticism of chrome and windows being shit more than the actual hardware

XPS have official firmware support in LVFS from Dell.
They also can optionally ship with Ubuntu.

That's as good as you can get for support and even surpases Lenovo since they don't provide LVFS firmware yet.

>Trusting dell to install Ubuntu for you
No thanks

Why would you even consider the macbook?
>worst keyboard ever
>garbage tier CPU and thermals
>doesn't even run linux properly
If you really insist on a macbook, get a 2015 Air or Pro and don't install linux on it.
If you insist on linux, then buy the XPS for fuck's sake.

build quality. every laptop i've ever owned (they've all been flagships) have fallen apart after about 5 years. Bezel split or hinge broken, plastic breaking, ports wearing out. I've had few hardware failures and they've been easily replacable like batteries. My current laptop still works completely fine internally, but the screen is dying, the bezel is held by tape and the battery is gone. Its not worth repairing because i'd have to replace the entire chassis. on the other hand, my sister, my mother and my brother all have macs that are still in one piece 8 years later. they're slow, the OS is bloated and the batteries are gone, but they held together and I can replace software.

I understand. Just keep in mind that with post-2015 macbooks the keyboard will most likely die on you in a couple of years, tops.

>2006-2015
>trackpad impossible to click near upper edge
>loose near bottom edge
>overall flimsy diving board piece of shit
>even applel admitted it's shit and went back to non-click touchpads
>shit tier 1mm travel chiclet kb
>OSX is a steaming pile of shit with horrendous battery management
>applel's solution is to cram in a massive heavy 95WHr battery to make up for it
>even XXXTREME GAMER cancer like razer blade with 4X the CPU/GPU power and 70WHr battery matches it in battery life in same tasks
>gets BTFO by 55WHr Yoga 2 in battery life in same tasks
>the battery takes up the space where a cooling system would've been in a laptop not designed by the world's thinnest and lightest gay hipsters
>overheats constantly from abysmal crippled cooling system
>throttles to 800mhz due to chronic overheating problems
>retina meme for "pros" have have gloss mirror coating impossible to use with overhead lighting
>blurry as shit retina meme scaling
>shitbook air even worse with glossy 1366x768 TN eye cancer
>systemic battery explosion problems for over a decade

>2016+
>still has no real touchpad buttons
>relies on pressure sensitive gimmick bullshit
>if you press too lightly or too hard it does something completely different than what you intended
>same problems as above plus:
>can't use any existing TB3 devices
>can't use USB and wifi at the same time
>ultra shit tier zero travel kb
>keyboard louder than WWII cricket
>memetouch emojibar
>no USB-A
>no escape
>soldered RAM & SSD
>applel falls for their own thin meme and uses 54WH battery
>2 hour battery life
>kb breaks from a speck of dust requiring $700 fix
>can't open screen more than 90 degrees or the fragile display cable breaks

>it's 2019 and moving folders around in finder will STILL cause massive data loss
howtogeek.com/198043/how-to-merge-folders-on-mac-os-x-without-losing-all-your-files-seriously

>macshit is good
Can we finally put an end to this meme?

Attached: 1556644229680.jpg (1800x4500, 1.93M)

>Strong/stiff hinge
It's actually a pro, XPS is sturdy as hell. Problem is the keyboard, it's somehow worse than the butterfly meme.

Nothing is worse than the butterfly meme. At least the maglev keys work, even if they also feel shitty.