monday edition

IEM advice request template:
>Your Budget
>Your Location
>Wired/wireless
>Over-ear IEMs/Hanging IEMs/Earbuds
>Sound signature
>Past IEMs

Attached: Headphone-Zone-SoundMagic-E50C-580-580-3_2048x2048.jpg (580x580, 56K)

rip previous

>$250 maybe up to $300 if it's worth it
>Burgerland
>Wired
>Anything
>Something Interesting. Just want to try something new and out of my comfort zone and to expand my selection. Been looking at the NiceHCK F3 because planar hybrid seems really cool.
>iSine LX, T2, Monk plus, ZS5, Crescent

>Crescent
the kanas pro are great, and the crescents get good reviews too

He wants something new not crescents 2.
TSMR 3 Pro

What's the entry level iem?

You let it die user, how could you.

Campfire Io, better try it first though, it seems very polarizing.

Tin T2 is still the hottest iem meme right now.

it should be illegal to sell audio equipment without controlled measurements of the frequency response

bump

why though?

this desu

bump

Can /iemg/ recommend any durable IEMs/earbuds?
>budget
$150
>location
central eu
>wired/wireless
wired
Any will work
>sound signature
None in particular, as long as the sound quality is ok
>past IEMs
Mainly just using factory earphones that come with the phone or some random ones from the store

kanas pro

How do they compare to stuff like the DM6 and DMS. Was thinking about those as well

>150$
>sg
>wired
>idk what's that
>idk
>always uses stock and kinda want to join the cult

Go to some audio shops and try out stuff. SG has tons compared to burgerland and europe.

alright then

are Soundmagic 10c for 50 euros a good deal?
or should I rather go for final audio e2000 for the same price?
>have been using Marshall Major III, wired - feel a bit scammed of the brand
>currently searching for an wired ear buds
>not any china toys from aliexpress
>mainly listen classical music, old rock and some Joanna Newson

>100$/€
>Europe
>Wireless
>Needs a bit of bass (for reference I love my Fidelio X2)

Attached: QajbUfp.jpg (1744x4133, 532K)

>Your Budget
30-80€
>Your Location
Europe
>Wired/wireless
Wired
in-ear with good silicon noise canceling
>Sound signature
literally everything since they will be used for the gym sessions (gym playlist is everything) - that's why good noise canceling would be great
>Past IEMs
Creative EP 630 - I was pretty happy with them, the current version got a new revision and are shit now

how good is the new zs10 my niggas

Lets meme boys

Attached: 20190521_031029.jpg (1886x1960, 1.95M)

My long term review of the NiceHCK dt600
>Tips
Foam tips screw with soundstage. Get tripple flange or spinfit.
>Cable
Replace.
>Fit
Sharp edges are uncomfortable at first. Shure fit.
>Sound
Reference tuning. These really are reference
>Issues
Chink BAs are sensitive to bad sources.
Nozzle holds some tips on poorly.

Mifo O5
Noise cancelling is shit. Especially at 80 euro. For isolation. Your only real option for total isolation is either Tenhz P4 pro or TRN IM1 PRO. Dont buy the red IM1 its has QC issues.
>Buys marshall
>hurrr no toys from china plox
everything is chink you moron. Especially the good shit at 50 buck and sound magic.
I don't know much about sound magic but people say they are good. For classical I can recommend Tin Audio T3. looked up Joanna and she sounds good on it. Classical's great too.

r8 ?
tried sanding those edges ?

/ciem/

Attached: 20190521_103015.jpg (2560x1440, 927K)

After about a week of daily 6-7 hour sessions the plastic smoothed out s bit. It's hardly noticible now.

pretty good
cute iems
what are they

What is the STAX of IEMs?

Stax is bullshit.
they are totally worthless
I had three different headphone models and have sold them after a short period of time because of shitty sound quality.
Additional to that, they look shitty like hell and are cheap built plastic garbage sold for meme prices.
I'd compare them best with 5 shekelz earbuds from chingchangchong. Comparably same sound.
Never again STAX.

>stax
Get any chink 18+ BA IEM and you'll have the same experience.

this!!!
Stax is shit. I currently use the Oppo Combo in pic related.
Outcompetes every Stax in existence.

I mean it better belongs to Headphone General rather than here, but just for the meme i post this anyway.

Attached: Oppo HA-1 Plus Oppo PM-1.jpg (8268x5512, 1.89M)

Thoughts on campfire io?

Attached: images.jpg (400x400, 9K)

peaky trash, an user or two here have them

That would be stax iems.
Unironically based and redpilled. Oppo products are fucking expensive but god are they good.
Its a high end boutique brand trying to make cheap products. Its underwhelming and only worth it if you are after the looks or name.

>Unironically based and redpilled. Oppo products are fucking expensive but god are they good.
I am willing to pay the price for stuff that is worth the money. and Oppo DEFINITELY delivers.
It's a shame they have put the HA-1 headphone amp out of production.

Thats because apparently they had trouble outside of china. They got some recognition recently but brand loyalty is strong in western countries.

Loads of midrange shout + no upper midrange detail = mids sound like A.M. radio

Attached: DFBB8071-03CB-4BEA-93A3-59773086A00D.png (1280x642, 50K)

>They got some recognition recently but brand loyalty is strong in western countries.
These fucking brand fanboi faggots. They would even eat pure shit when they've been told by a 5 star cook that it's some chilenian artisan cows ass it's coming from.
Some people simply are too dump to think their own and form an opinion on experience.

I bet she has smelly feet.

>iemg
>thinks about poster girls feet smelling or not.

I fucking have to take a seat!!

Attached: 292_8e12cf6768-1006navy-large.jpg (1500x1500, 59K)

>KZ
>not LZ
Shaggydaddyt

Attached: salsicha_shaggy_rogers_by_nandomendonssa-d5h2e0w.jpg (804x993, 143K)

Ok that was badly phrased from me.
I meant isolation. That's why I want in-ear with silicone plugs again because they reduce they outside noise.
Pic related are my old ones.

Attached: file.png (679x582, 162K)

Had the exact same from both Creative and then from Sennheiser. Were a good coice, but got replaced by a shittier version/iteration.

>Your Budget
max 100 euro I think
>Your Location
Belgium
>Wired/wireless
Wired
Dont care
>Sound signature
Too pleb to know
>Past IEMs
Xiaomi pistons, cheap ripoffs

yep, that's why I won't buy them anymore and be searching for new ones, this time with a higher budget,
But oh wow for 15€ and mainly for the gym they where awesome.

I mean they are still working but the right monitor has like half the power of the left now and I can't set the channel volume differently on my mp3 player.

Superior to both of these. DMS is just an improved DMG. In fact TSMR 3 PRO is a good replacement for the fabled original revision DM6.
>LZ
>Not literally anything else
Lmao at ur lyfe

what's the difference between headphone general and iem general? why isn't there a headphone general?

just ordered these

Attached: jETJcwrDQEBkilgtVyUX_airbud.jpg (500x500, 19K)

having money, and taste

I won't give you any recommendations for your use case other than a general one:
Buy lighter ones that are comparably equal in their outer appearance as the Creative ones were/are.

I myself have just recently got my KZ ZS6 and i'm super satisfied. Especially since i have also got my foam tips i ordered to equip them with.
BUT, i guess that doing sports with my IEM's isn't the best use case for such models due to their slightly higher weight and form factor.

The only thing i can recommend you is getting ones with a detachable cable, so you dont have to buy new ones every time the cable depletes itself after a while.
Which was the main cause all of my Creatives/Sennheisers going nirvana.

Only twice i had the problem that one side got less power than the other.
I guess it had to do with propping them into the ears, building up a lot of air pressure in the iem and ear canal itself, finally killing the membrane.
I always heard a knittering noise as if someone would fold a plastic bag.
Did you experience the same?

Headphone general focuses on over hear or some would say conventional headphones, while iemg focuses on just In-Ear-Monitors, earbuds and their variations that exist

Are the mee audio m6 2nd gen any good?

Woa thanks for that reply.

>I always heard a knittering noise as if someone would fold a plastic bag.
nope just one side being quieter. Membrane should be ok.

Yeah being small and a detachable cable would be a good idea.
I just check for in-ears with the same design type and will choose a good one out of them.

>cable
Soldering iron from shenzhen costs around $2 and I have one which I haven't used.
You can scrap good cable from Faaeal and rewire your fallen creative in-ear or even headphones.
>side less power than the other
It's likely your ears have a swelling. If you switch left over right you should hear if your ears have the problem or the drivers. If it's your ears it probably got wet on shower and there's moisture but if it's the drivers if the case is metallic the wires probably leak out into it so just shield it. Drivers usually use rubber with sticky sided foam and as it ages the stickiness goes off.
>plastic bag noise
If you have those sim card popper for iphone/android you can jam it inside the hole behind the earphone and if you hear popping sounds while doing so it's probably the wire being exposed or touching/shorting on the other solder

Not as many T2 shills in headphone general.

Shure KSE1500

first user here
>It's likely your ears have a swelling.
out of 3 differnt headphones, the creative ones are the only one with that issue.
I am gonna try to clean it and check for some damaged things.

>nope just one side being quieter.
Then it's the cable. Mine just dissolved the rubber insulation on or they broke in the inside somewhere.

>I just check for in-ears with the same design type and will choose a good one out of them.
Do it user. I at least won't go for non detachable cable ones anymore, no matter what they cost.

>Only twice i had the problem that one side got less power than the other.
Dropping it off could also be the culprit. I had an old in-ear earphone that I've used for years and the sound became unbalanced from some time. Turns out the drop caused the sticking of the driver to the shell to come lose. Got it fixed though I already purchased replacements.

>Your Budget
$100
>Your Location
US
>Wired/wireless
Wired
Earbuds
>Sound signature
Doesn't matter
>Past IEMs
Cheap headphones

also does any of you have a link to something like a pastebin of different headphones good at different prices?

also i want to change this to say "doesn't matter" for the over-ear/haning/earbuds option

Copper usually corrodes if it's not 99.999..% pure.
There are products that say oxide free, those last better but the problem is the tin/lead solder which also may corrode from time.

EL O EL
I just went over the mesh-net with an old toothbrush and cleaned it as good as possible.
They are now balanced again. I have two options now.

A) they where fucked up dirty (which I find would be funny since I don't produce oily smeary ear-wax)
B) the toothbrush bristles pushed in there and fixed something.

Neverless, thanks to all of you, saved some money.

Creative EP 630 sound good? I'll try looking for the that 'v1' on local shopping malls. I've tried ZSN and I wasn't impressed so I'm going back to IE earphones.
Is the jack dirty? Like there's corrosion or rough parts? I suggest you use baking soda + pure lemon juice. Make a paste and scratch off those debris with a piece of cloth and make sure to dry it. Be warned though, it might remove the yellowish gold plating in some jacks but wouldn't it not have corrosion if it was really gold plated?

her boyfriend is black

I have a nice tip to help prevent corrosion on the jack. Just jam it inside an onion or cut a small part and pour juice over it while also drying it after. The vapor onion makes actually helps prevent corrosion.

>Soldering iron from shenzhen costs around $2 and I have one which I haven't used.
The cables are super thin. Not to talk about the inner wires.
They were less than a tenth of a millimeter thick in diameter.
And the housing of the creatives/Sennheisers could not get opened without destroying them entirely (tried it)

>It's likely your ears have a swelling. If you switch left over right you should hear if your ears have the problem or the drivers.
did this also to test, but gave me the same result on the other ear instead.

>but if it's the drivers if the case is metallic the wires probably leak out into it so just shield it
In this case the housing were plastic, only the nozzle were metal and the outer ring were also aluminum, but had no other function than being a design feature and did not either have any electrical connection to the nozzle.
Sometimes the ring could start coming lose and being able to get turned, but never fell off or changed position. But this had in no way infuenced the sound or reliability of the iems.

>Drivers usually use rubber with sticky sided foam and as it ages the stickiness goes off.
As said, could never check this due to the housing not getting opened without entirely destroying them

>If you have those sim card popper for iphone/android you can jam it inside the hole behind the earphone and if you hear popping sounds while doing so it's probably the wire being exposed or touching/shorting on the other solder
No such openings on the Creative/Sennheiser IEM's we talk about

For their price back then, 15€, hell yeah. They are more on the bass side which is ok for gym headphones and running.
They also did some great job with isolation for me. Helped great in the gym to ignore their bad music there.
I think they changed them some years ago. As far as I can tell from amazon reviews you can check the cable to see if it an old version.

regarding the jack (also my (you) ),
Nope everything is fine with that. seems like mesh was heavily clogged or the membrane had something.
fixed it here

I guess in my case they were sin´mply too thin and weak and simply broke on the inside somewhere in the cable. but i more bet on something going wrong on the inside of the iem itself.

Thanks for the suggestions

>I just went over the mesh-net with an old toothbrush and cleaned it as good as possible.
I cleaned mine every week a little bit. So mine definitely broke the cable on or they went nirvana on the membrane itself.
I even clean my tips under hand warm water with soap or dishing gel. to prevent the system getting nasty.

>A) they where fucked up dirty (which I find would be funny since I don't produce oily smeary ear-wax)
I don't get greasy ears either but nonetheless i cleaned them at least once a week. Also to prevent my ears from getting inflammatory infections because of bacteria growing on the wax.

>B) the toothbrush bristles pushed in there and fixed something.
Unlikely to happen on this model, because the membrane is at least 4 to 6 mm in the ousing itself. But maybe you poked some straws deeper in.

>Neverless, thanks to all of you, saved some money.
Good to hear user :-)

>he doesn't own a 1500$ IEM

laughinggirls.png

Attached: 26168350_466725050390190_1434360952517102856_n.jpg (960x640, 101K)

>$80
>America
>Wireless (first time) since my headphone jack broke and it costs around $80 to fix
>Earbuds
>Doesn't matter
>Zst, Panasonic, xiaomi pistons

How are these, user?

Really detailed. I don't know how to explain sound and I feel really pretentious when attempting to do so. I'll admit that it took me literally an entire year to figure out how to wear these, and it nearly drove me nuts. Putting on CIEM-style Universals is something nobody ever explains. Now that I stopped being retarded they're very comfortable and isolate very well.

They don't sound any different to $400 Shures. Once you get past 300-400 you're just paying to have bragging rights.

Mifo O5

surely you aren't saying this because you're a poorfag rationalizing your gear choice

No thats because the drivers and crossovers are literally the same. Dampning is standard tried and true shit. To get the real fancy stuff you need to look elsewhere.

No they're literally the same, in the same way the new Toyota Supra sucks because it's a BMW. Same guts, different marketing and polish.

>Mifo O5
I'm sorry, I meant neckbuds.

who's this jewess

wew

lad

What a fucking vapid reply, either make an argument against what I said or shut up

I spent like a minute looking at this picture then I suddenly burst into tears, no fucking idea why. I don't even find her especially attractive.

have sex you unstable oddity

Whats so fucking unique about it ? Muh 8 drivers ? Muh switches ? loads of manufacturers do that nowadays. Ill tell you what (((german))) manufacturers do: Shove a single dampener in the (single) nozzle bore and ask 1500$ for my shit because retarded tourers don't know shit. The only german company that doesn't try to jew you out of your money is beyerdynamic because it caters to the broadcast industry which actually cares for value and quality.

I really REALLY hate the incel meme. I would rather have people call me a nigger faggot in real life and shit on my car seat than have to read another derivation of "have sex".

That's no good user. Hope thing will go great for you.

if you don't want to be told to have sex you probably shouldn't post about bursting into tears over looking at a woman's face

also have sex

Ain't me nigger. Here on Jow Forums its the first time I saw it but on /v/ its a nightmare. That board is a shithole anyway.

Gladly

you seem upset user, what’re you listening with?

Which iems in the $300-400 range are worth concidering? Currently having my eyes on the Etymotic er4xr.

Currently using my custom DIY over ears on my Topping D10 + O2