/ptg/ Private Trackers General

PTP demise thread

>Not sure what private trackers are all about?
The mission of /ptg/ is to promote the highest possible standards of tracker service by providing members with opportunities for professional development, by recognizing technical competence through examinations and by advancing the interests of its members.

>Have a question?
- FAQ pastebin.com/thLgSkNE
- WIKI wiki.installgentoo.com/index.php/Private_trackers
- PYRAMID uploadir.com/u/pdmhcfez
- TEN CURRY COMMANDMENTS pastebin.com/raw/dBbdE73M
- TEN NEON COMMANDMENTS pastebin.com/raw/Ud2pGYaE

Use as a link to find the /ptg/ thread.

Remember the following:
>Staff occasionally read these generals and have posted here before.
>This is a thread for educational purposes only. Don't offer or ask for invites.
>Staff may pretend to be normal users asking for invites and when you invite them, they ban you for inviting strangers.

Previous News:
>PassThePopcorn: Just to provide everyone an update: We are likely looking at 3+ days of downtime while we work on restoring services. We will be back.

Attached: ptp ded.png (741x514, 130K)

Other urls found in this thread:

gazellegames.net/register.php
forums.mvgroup.org/
awesome-hd.me/
twitter.com/PTPStatus/status/1130645399805423618?s=19
twitter.com/PTPStatus/status/1130339572905152513?s=19
twitter.com/GordonQuid2002/status/1115023579094159360?s=19
drizzywap.bandcamp.com/track/h-y-p-e-31cuck-diss
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

Sysops in jail

refugee invites when

stupid pirates don't you know your harming the economy

>anime up
>normieshit down

Attached: 1547596193089.png (700x800, 403K)

Again how do i join ggn quickly

I'd advise everyone to exit the IRC. It is most likely a honey pot at this point.

Good tracker for documentries?

easy
gazellegames.net/register.php

forums.mvgroup.org/

my biggest concern is how do they know exactly how much days of downtime would they have?
looks scary

Estimation given by the FBI's coders.

Well that was easy. When was the last time they opened?

22 Sep 2018

>FBI SEEN LEAVING PTP SYSOP'S HOME WITH SEVERAL DESKTOPS AND MOUNTAINS OF HARD DRIVES
FBI SEEN LEAVING PTP SYSOP'S HOME WITH SEVERAL DESKTOPS AND MOUNTAINS OF HARD DRIVES
>FBI SEEN LEAVING PTP SYSOP'S HOME WITH SEVERAL DESKTOPS AND MOUNTAINS OF HARD DRIVES
FBI SEEN LEAVING PTP SYSOP'S HOME WITH SEVERAL DESKTOPS AND MOUNTAINS OF HARD DRIVES

Attached: image.jpg (4223x3167, 846K)

I'm guessing they'll open in September again?

retard

it's over

>windows vista
based as fuck

Is awesomeHD still functioning?

yeah

give me the link nigga i'm trying to watch the new catch 22, haven't used my account in years

>71039080
awesome-hd.me/

Thanks brother. And what's the deal with PTP are they actually fucked?

>Seeding as a ratiolet

Attached: sketch-1557333573288.png (1894x1080, 201K)

no it's just a bunch of fearmongering niggers seething they're not on ptp

see the OP
>Just to provide everyone an update: We are likely looking at 3+ days of downtime while we work on restoring services. We will be back.

based private indexer user. no need to be restricted to torrents.

When PTP comes back, I'm going to buy another hard drive that same day and I'm going to download every single one of my 240 bookmarks.

This shit freaks me the fuck out.

Attached: PTP.png (532x209, 23K)

I hope they extend the freelech becaues of this downtime.

Private tracker keks

twitter.com/PTPStatus/status/1130645399805423618?s=19

twitter.com/PTPStatus/status/1130339572905152513?s=19

PTP is fine you cucks

I commented on that tweet. lel

is that a day or two beyond the original 3 day estimate, or just a day or two total?

>gordonquid
hes such a cuck

total

It's an estimate. Try running a website. Any website. And hardware issues and downtime within a 10 year period is completely normal.

t. ITFAG

Awesome, thanks!

It's fucking over bros...

Attached: 1549060741561.png (344x341, 8K)

>he doesn't know gordonquid
>Literally one of the 1%
>fucks everybody's wives
>he is the cucker, not the cucked

Attached: images (2).jpg (224x225, 5K)

No servers sounds like a hardware issue to me. :^)

t.gordonquid

hes a fag from france who has literal autism and got cucked out of the amazon request thread by most people so he begs for shit.

>tfw the only cabal tracker you're in is getting secretly raided by the Chinese

Attached: Chōji.png (884x802, 820K)

I don't understand how someone into private trackers isn't already hoarding a lifetime of media. The free internet obviously isn't going to last much long.

>this is where gordonquid watches his illegal movies from PTP

twitter.com/GordonQuid2002/status/1115023579094159360?s=19

Attached: IMG_20190520_214721.jpg (2048x1536, 244K)

>watches modern wrestling
>poorfag
>loves made for tv movies
makes sense

>FAT PS2
>Probably doesn't even have composite cables

nigga the PS2 uses its own connector that can go to composite, s-video, or component iirc. its pretty based

I meant component. But the one that comes with the original ps2 is trash. My eyes don't even work while looking at the fucking screen

It's EU, so it's SCART.

regardless you have to be poor as fuck to connect that to an LCD monitor lmao. only good for a trinitron or something

>listen to obscure local band
>remember song
>look it up but can't find them anywhere
>one (1) song on youtube, not it
>literally nowhere to buy CD
>find guy on discogs who has it (only one who does)
>ask him how to buy it
>idk lol
>Can you give me a copy?
>WTF piracy is wrong!
>then can I buy it from you?
>NOPE you should have purchased it when they sold it
>actual band members are fucking dead
rip
I actually PM'd the radio host about it and she said yes she had it but, she obviously doesn't want to lose her job.
*ahem*
AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA

If something isn't being produced anymore, why the fuck SHOULDN'T they be allowed to give it out?

It's more exposure to something you can't even buy anyway, so what would it matter?

Nice kino station. Does this fag live in some destitute ex-soviet country?

PTP raided

france

The worst part about this PTP downtime is that the IRC is still up but I haven't logged into the IRC server in so long that my nick is no longer registered and so I can't even idle there anyway. Fucking hell.

Ah, an African country.

>he doesn't have a bouncer

Maybe you should have got it then, huh?

what band/album
sometimes people in /mu/ sharethreads can find crazy shit. also slsk

I already posted there, made a decent request on RED, and the only thing on SLSK was the same song on youtube. Probably a youtube rip desu.
I've even setup alerts on ebay & amazon but nothing.

Attached: .jpg (640x853, 92K)

wait is PTP actually kill

>>find guy on discogs who has it (only one who does)
>>ask him how to buy it
>>idk lol
>>Can you give me a copy?
>>WTF piracy is wrong!
>>then can I buy it from you?
>>NOPE you should have purchased it when they sold it
this guy should be beaten

What are good backup movie trackers for PTP? Obviously I can't get into HDBits. Is Awesome-HD any good?

Attached: nasim1.jpg (780x440, 42K)

How will I watch my movie if PTP is down?
FUCK PTP

Attached: images.jpg (231x219, 10K)

Hahahaha what a fucking shithead. Look at that shitty TV.

AHD
BHD if you really want 4k remuxes.

Poor guy is probably on some welfare benefit. AAH ou RSA maitre course bordel de merde.

Attached: GQ.png (136x102, 25K)

AHD is the indian version of hdb.
>Bloated encodes
>Dead tracker. 10000 registered users but only 5000 active.
>Stalled development. They have the worst and ugliest Gazelle implementation of the cabal trackers
>Full blu-rays aren't allowed
>Their good internals have moved to hdb. Only the curry and bloated groups stay
>Non-existant library. They don't care about retention, except for their shitty internals and users are only seedbox pump n dumping to become hd-kings and get into hdb

*ahem*

WHAT FUCKING BAND?!

>be me
>some asshole messages me about CD
>rude as shit
>demands I make him a rip
>doesn't mention what format
>has nothing to offer in return
>tell him he should have bought it when it came out
>wants to buy it, offers me $5
>retails for $35
>spazs out calls me an asshole

mfw I got the final laugh and I don't even own the album

Attached: c958c71652554d6da34937cbcde995d2.jpg (250x250, 11K)

I would say which, but I already posted about it here. And it's a local band.
You could simply look up the request and post my username now. And my city.
No thanks.

>ADC head honcho is unwell again
Another non-shit sysop should be hired already and maybe animay should be demoted for spreading FUD

The sysop doesn't want to let go of the site due to either paranoia, or much more likely at this point, an ego complex. AsianCinema has a long way to go for it to be a replacement, but maybe a replacement has to be made. Both have/had Paypal donations too which is fucking retarded.

paypal is based
i donation on whatcd using paypal
i wish sights would bring it back because fuck learning about cryptocoin dogshit
no donations from me until that is fixed

drizzywap.bandcamp.com/track/h-y-p-e-31cuck-diss

Attached: a2735592432_10.jpg (1200x1200, 151K)

should just move shit to avistaz, ptp and btn while working on a new tracker.

does ptp and btn allow customs? and honestly, neither have good retention on raw disc dumps like adc had. avistaz retention is pretty bad too.

they dont allow fan edits. i know ptp allows hybrid remuxes and encodes.

wait ptp does. i remember downloading some japanese dvd5 and dvd9 that were customs from adc.

Reminder that the "we'll be back" message on ADC was put up april 1st :^)

PTP sometimes allows custom stuff. There seems to be no rhyme or reason to how the rules are applied. It's also possible that PTP's torrent checkers no idea when some foreign film is a custom job unless it's obviously labeled as such.

It's like how their torrent checkers failed to notice at least one Chinese user flooding the site with SD encodes of Hong Kong movies but a bunch of them had Mandarin dubs instead of the original Cantonese audio. I had to report the few that I downloaded and messaged the guy about making sure his rips include the original language.

ADC isn't coming back. The site's userbase was shrinking more and more every month, which is never a good thing when it already had a very niche group of people interested in it. An extended downtime like this is probably the final nail in the coffin. The site might come back, but a lot of the users won't.

Nuh-uh! AHD is resuming it's rightful place as the leading movie tracker in the world! It's going to be awesome!

Doesn't AHD have rules against SD encodes or something? (ie banning most older movies)

all the custom stuff i downloaded were just discs with subs. nothing too different.

>does a tracker with HD in the name allow SD content
retard.

based

>does Awesome HD allow SD content
hmm

>tfw no good site to look for movies since ptp is down

Attached: 1540716686286.jpg (485x443, 37K)

They'll just have to adjust and learn to love the SD. Or create ASD, the perfect companion site to AHD.

i miss x264me, my anons

>tfw have a backlog that would take me weeks to watch if I started right now and played them back to back

Attached: .gif (340x340, 148K)

>tfw me too but I feel like I'm addicted to finding even more stuff to download

It's more about the chase than the catch user. Embrace the hunt. I got plenty of shit movies I've downloaded to encode that I'll never watch.

bros pls tell me society glitch is gonna come back...

society glitch is gonna come back

thnx bb

>ADC isn't coming back. The site's userbase was shrinking more and more every month, which is never a good thing when it already had a very niche group of people interested in it. An extended downtime like this is probably the final nail in the coffin. The site might come back, but a lot of the users won't.
Immediate database backup when?

OH NO MUH USERNAME!

Your 10 gig bounty is wasted now please fuck off

You do realize that it'd take ten seconds to find you with all the details you've already mentioned right?

Attached: IMG_20190507_150648.jpg (1690x1667, 368K)

I got a spare 15 seconds, go for it user

Let's take turns on guessing which gay ass metal band it is