*randomly dies*

*randomly dies*

Attached: 20-147-247-11[1].jpg (640x480, 25K)

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=f7gc7oHPfs0
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

> not having backups

That could be any of us.

Attached: 1498239413621.jpg (774x435, 36K)

Who are you shilling for? I’ve an intel. I just need a plan B.
Recommend now!

I fucking hope it's me

>using a samsung drive for critical data
They say that life is unfair, but honestly I think we all get what we deserve.

How is it there, in 2012, eh, you SandForce cuck?

>not having your /home partition on a separate hard drive.

Attached: 1550993645069.jpg (449x384, 34K)

SSD are 1000x less prone to randomly dying than HDD, shill

>keeping anything in /home
/home is nothing more than user-specific /etc for dotfiles and shit to live in. Tons of programs feel free to dump whatever garbage they want in /home, my stuff is living at a mount point that's not in the FHS.

Implying you don't want to become image related through rejuvenation tech

damn...

>I’ve an intel

Attached: daffy_duck.png (719x719, 564K)

Bullshit, SSD shill. I've seen SSDs randomly die ALL THE FUCKING TIME and rarely seen a fucking decent HDD die, even ones over 20 years old.
The SSD shlils sure are trying to get these pile of shit things to be used, probably so people will have to replace them every few years.

I'm at the point to where I really don't care. I boot using an SSD, and do everything else through HDD. if the SSD dies, I just go get another one for cheap, and then reinstall my distro onto it.

Is that why most ssds come with a longer warranty than hdds? Oh man, the accountants must have gotten it all wrong. I'll have to tell them right away that they calculated it all wrong. There is no way they should offer 5 or 10 year warranties. It says so right here on Jow Forums. SSDs die ALL THE FUCKING TIME. We need to shorten that warranty to 90 days. Else our SSDs may randomly combust.

>rarely seen a fucking decent HDD die, even ones over 20 years old.
See the problem is you are mentioning OLD drives which are better built. Newer drives cut costs

god I wish that was me

I've never had any hardware fail on me. I've been using computers since 1991.

*lasts 100+ years*

Attached: 1544277232747.jpg (350x350, 27K)

What's the point of that when no ways of reading the disc will exist in 100 years?

Not him, but record players have existed for over 100 years. I could see blu ray players having its own niche.

thats because hipsters brought vinyl back

>using any single drive for critical data
Backups.

>check out my confirmation bias
I have seen HDDs die all the fucking time but I have yet to see a single SSD die.

youtube.com/watch?v=f7gc7oHPfs0

Attached: 2978099-a.jpg (350x350, 15K)

>how DARE they want physical copies!
Die of a heart attack or stroke already Gabe

Blu-ray will be brought back by hipsters in 80 years, remember this post then user.

I hope one day someone makes a popular analog disk that isn't as fucking massive as Vinyl.
I move way too much to be able to horde Vinyl records.

>*spams you with SMART errors for half a year*
>this is fine
>*dies*
>

Attached: suprised pikachu big.jpg (1354x784, 46K)

put me in the screencap

none of my ssd's ever died on me - quit buying shit brands and accept failure is possible therefore backups necessary

What's with this board and having your drives die all the time? I never had this problem in my life and I've used all sorts of different brands.
Is it because you guys use them in a more intensive way? If so, what for?

I never had an SSD straight up die - even my OCZ Vertex from like 2010 - But I had one where it randomly developed whatever the SSD equivalent of a bad sector is. Gave an I/O error every time you tried to read a certain file. which happened to be a shared library that systemd needs, I found this out when the system panicked during boot because init died.

It seemed fine after I filled the drive from /dev/urandom, then filled it with zeros and fstrimed it. Maybe some piece of flash died before the drive could spare it out? idk.

>I've an intel

Attached: wot.jpg (122x122, 15K)

The stories and information posted here are artistic works of fiction and falsehood. Only a fool would take anything posted here as fact.

Attached: 1554586444606.jpg (130x130, 5K)

if I should be so lucky

i bet you're running windows 10

Not based on any evidence other than marketing.

If you're not backing up your shit, you deserve it desu.

God I wish that were me.

*doesnt*

>t. happy merchant with stock full of HDDs

am i the only nigger using these? nomad hopping, two ssd and hdd backups, get on my wave you foot fetishist animu mega faggots.

Attached: usb stick.jpg (238x211, 6K)

Firemware error.

*tks, nothing personal kid.

Attached: kingston-UV400-120-h01.jpg (1280x960, 145K)

Attached: ssd_diversity.jpg (491x368, 60K)

>*randomly dies*
Had a 940 SSD in a pfsense router shit the bed last year.

240 NIGGABYTES

Just had a 240GB SanDisk shit itself 2 months outside of warranty. It's still read/write, no SMART errors, has all of its spare area available... but it reads at about 1.5MB/s and the drive is reporting a temp of 50C. The failure mode seems kinda bizarre, but I got all the shit off of it (after 3 days of copying.)

IS HE FACING FORWARDS OR SIDEWAYS???

Attached: 1553621187022.gif (371x209, 1.54M)