What happened to them? All their phones are stuck in 2008?

What happened to them? All their phones are stuck in 2008?

Attached: sony-xperia-logo.jpg (339x242, 12K)

Other urls found in this thread:

developer.sony.com/develop/open-devices/#overview-content
jolla.com/sailfishx/
developer.sony.com/develop/open-devices/
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

they think like japanese
mainly because they are
so yeah practicality is far more important than fancy gadgets

That doesn't bother me.
What bothers me
>No headphone jack
>Weird aspect ratios
>Overpricing outdated, or mid/low tier hardware
>No SD card

A lack of headphone jack on the premium options, unusual aspect ratios(now), and high price are all off-putting.

>No SD card

Nigga what? 99% of Xperia phones have SD card slots.

>high price are all off-putting.
The real reason. Jow Forums prefers chinkshit naturally, not quality Japanese electronics.

Sony started their phone journey with the Walkman style phones, they should be the last company ever to drop the headphone jack. Just give me the square notchless waterproof phones forever with a headphone jack.

Fun fact, Sony had the ability to buy Apple 20 years ago when Apple nearly died and they decided not to do it. They also decided not to take iPhones seriously because "it's not what consumers want". Sony is fucking incompetent at predicting trends. Their last good invention was mp3 players.

>Sony smartphones
>quality

Well their last decent phones were the Z5 Compact and the XZ1 Compact so yeah.

all my phones have been from sony, and it pains my heart that my next phone probably won't be

This.
You have a stable core (hardware) that is open.
Then you put stable software (lineageos) and don't buy a new phone for 8 years.

>never owned an Xperia Z

Attached: 1483769663154.jpg (569x555, 120K)

>never owned a Sony ericsson with landscape keyboard

Why are burgers acting like they're the only market in the world? The XZ3 was like 700€ when it launched in my country from europe, which was much cheaper at the time than the note 9 (900€) and the iPhone Xs (1200€). It was cheaper than even the Galaxy S9. Some countries even had a promo with the WH-1000XM3 headphones for every purchase, which is a 300€ value add by itself.

How is xperia 1 practical?
>Smallest battery among flagships with 4k screen
>no 3.5 jack on a phone aimed at multimedia consumption
>awful form factor - it's already the longest phones due to its dimensions and they decided to leave bezzels as well. I would call it the least prictical for factor on the market now.
>no sd card

>All their phones are stuck in 2008?
wow really? brb going out to buy one

what would have they gained by buying applel? it was later that jobs did whatever he did

>wake up
>xz4 compact is still canceled
:(

All I know is I'm happy with my XA2

they could've changed the history a bit
if they did buy apple, then the first iphone would likely never happen
wonder what we'd be using today

Why don't they use better chipsets then, faggot.

HORSESHIT

They'd gain money, obviously. Also, iPhones might have actually had decent hardware quality.

Sony mirrorless and sensor divisions are the ones prioritized so mobile phone division was left to rot.

How can people still complain about technology from the last century? If you want state of the art technology, get bluetooth headphones. If you want a headphone jack, don't get state of the art technology. You can't have both.

Sony is proprietary hell, nothing of value was lost.

Nothing happened to them?
t. tablet z, z2, z5

Sony is one of the few that still produces phones that actually fit into your pockets.

How can people still complain about a lack of 2d movies. If you want state of the art technology, get 3D glasses. If you want to look with your eyes, don't watch state of the art movies. You can't have both.

How can people still complain about driunks from the last century? If you want simple water, get taste neutralizer for your energy drink. If you want tasteless calorie free drinks, don't gate state of the art beverages. You can't have both.

>one of the very few phone manufacturers that don't follow stupid trends
>still getting lambasted

>muh bezelless100% front screen
kys

You can thank fags like OP for whinging about chins and thins. Hardware and software are both fine up to XZ2 series and from here on out they'll be shit because filthy journalist pigs cried ceaselessly about Sony not making a 1:1 copy paste of an iPhone or a Samsung.

Literal retard.

developer.sony.com/develop/open-devices/#overview-content

>Sailfish X is Jolla’s officially supported downloadable version of Sailfish OS for selected devices. It’s currently available for the Sony Xperia™ XA2 product variants, Sony Xperia™ X
jolla.com/sailfishx/

They were the best up to xz1. Then they starded copying crapple and samshit just like the rest of the manufacturers. Nobody with a brain wants phones without bezels and a huge screen. Anyway, still better than samshit and chink stuff because far better software.

>proprietary hell

Their entire Android build is available on GitHub, plus AOSP configs for everyone to build for a signifcant amount of their devices.

Propietary hell is Samsung, LG, Huawei and the likes.

developer.sony.com/develop/open-devices/

the ones they use are good enough
t. snapdragon 800
that's what happens when you try to appeal to western market

They are too confident on the design.

what do user

Attached: Screenshot_2019-05-21_13-38-36.png (1236x175, 12K)

>All their phones are stuck in 2008?
what the fuck do you want? it already has everything + you have support for building android from sony.

nothing new

Why do you need new phone with useless shit every year?

I use my Z1C for years without problems on stock android!!! It doesn't lag and its fast. Before last restart I had it running for 246 days without restarting. The actual running time has overflowed to negative numbers and it's in positives again.

Attached: Screenshot_2019-05-21-19-45-14.png (720x1280, 82K)

I dunno man, presumably there's an agnostic repo somewhere.