Is linux too user-UNfriendly?

Is linux too user-UNfriendly?

Attached: dff.jpg (657x388, 43K)

it can be, but linux and OS's in general are basically nonstarters for normies

Yes and there's nothing wrong with it.

it’s not unfriendly enough

As someone who grew up on Windows (first OS was 3.11 on a Packard Bell), and didn't start using Linux until that W10 ad showed up on W7, I can say that this guy is absolutely full of shit.

My parents fucked shit up regularly on their Windows machines. Even once I left the house, I still had to come in and do maintenance on the thing every single year. They obviously had no fucking clue what they were doing, and would even call me up to ask the dumbest questions about where to find shit.

There is absolutely no Windows OS that doesn't require the user to learn how to use. This dude is just pissed that he's using a new OS, and might have to learn a little bit. If he's having that much trouble, he should just run Linux Mint, because if he can't figure that out, he is literally worse than by 60+ year old boomer parents.

Yes, that's why you shouldn't run it on a desktop that needs to switch between a hundred different kinds of tasks at will. Linux is a great tool, but people forcing themselves to use it as a desktop are just torturing themselves.

>I don't want to put in any effort for one of the most versatile tools ever.

Boy i sure love people

Attached: 1553554282876.jpg (255x301, 41K)

Conductors and Composers not having as diverse an education on instruments as possible is pretty much the reason music sucks so much turd these days compared to the 80's-90's even in cinema let alone pop.
Musicians used to get classical education and then spread out into all genres possible regardless of their opinions on them, and then they would focus all that palette back into simplicity again to make proper memorable works of art. There was no genre-discrimination like these days which limits the brain because "muh feels". So that analogy is brainlet-tier.
Also OP je uvek peder.

idk what is so hard using linux distro especially one that made for baby first linux or are they just too brainlet to read wiki or copy paste comands

I installed windows on my friends laptop a while back. It didn't have drivers for *anything*. It was missing drivers for the touchpad, the wireless card, the ethernet card, the cdrom drive, the video card. The only way I could even get drivers onto the laptop was because luckily it had a working sdcard reader, so I found an sdcard and loaded it with all the drivers windows was missing. Linux literally has better hardware support these days.

Yes. It's the price of it being free.

Dumb image. Those would at least be different types of cars, on different looking streets, surrounded by different types of architecture.

It's definitely less user friendly than Windows.

Windows is familiar, not necessarily easier or more user friendly.

Depends what you want to do, I think. Can you firejail anything in Windows? Is there any equivalent to Firejail? If so, how would you set it up?

Plus I've never been to Rome or Madrid but Paris and NYC are amongst the few cities where it's pleasant to live without a car at all

not anymore thanks to globalism

Have you been to any of those cities?

Friendly enough for me. Why force yourself to use it if you don't like it?

Attached: IMG_20190519_153854_849.jpg (956x956, 135K)

>install windows 8.1 on my old dell because my old install broke after an update
>doesn't boot, black screen with a cursor

>install xubuntu on the very same computer
>just works (including touchpad drivers that you can't get from dell anymore)

Why are you reading Youtube comments

He's right tho. Try search for forcing aspect ratio with custom resolution or sound equalizer for linux, it's gonna returns you a a few results from 6 years ago and most of the shits just straight up doesn't even work anymore.
I know these thing are not really for every normal users but it's also not advanced or anything, on Windows you can easily find these things in Driver control panels.

Contrary to popular belief on Jow Forums, Linux is actually extremely user-friendly. Power user-friendly, that is.

linux is for everyone, even a braindead moron can easily navigate chrome os

Not anymore because they keep moving one half of the settings into the new UWP.

I have a feeling they fell for the "install Gentoo" meme.

"UNIX is very simple, it just needs a genius to understand its simplicity."

Attached: 1997_dennis_ritchie.jpg (800x1000, 88K)

GNU's not Unix, Mr Potatohead. You'd have to be a retard to apply UNIX principles to GNU.

I'd just like to interject for a moment. What you’re referring to as Linux, is in fact, GNU/Linux, or as I’ve recently taken to calling it, GNU plus Linux. Linux is not an operating system unto itself, but rather another free component of a fully functioning GNU system made useful by the GNU corelibs, shell utilities and vital system components comprising a full OS as defined by POSIX. Many computer users run a modified version of the GNU system every day, without realizing it. Through a peculiar turn of events, the version of GNU which is widely used today is often called “Linux”, and many of its users are not aware that it is basically the GNU system, developed by the GNU Project. There really is a Linux, and these people are using it, but it is just a part of the system they use. Linux is the kernel: the program in the system that allocates the machine’s resources to the other programs that you run. The kernel is an essential part of an operating system, but useless by itself; it can only function in the context of a complete operating system. Linux is normally used in combination with the GNU operating system: the whole system is basically GNU with Linux added, or GNU/Linux. All the so-called “Linux” distributions are really distributions of GNU/Linux.

Attached: 1523277573516.png (680x449, 163K)

>Is linux too user-UNfriendly?
i like to think of it as a brainlet filter

>rewrites whole UNIX operating system
>it's not UNIX

Attached: imsoclever.jpg (200x200, 12K)

smash your desk a bit louder.

Forcing proper aspect ratio is a monitor feature, not something the OS has to deal with. What you get in your GPU config in windows is just software scaling if you tick the gpu scaling for aspect ratio checkbox. And that is what it's called in linux. So you should search for scaling if your monitor somehow doesn't provide controls for it. You can squish and squash shit around as you like with that.

Also,
>on Windows you can easily find these things in Driver control panels.
>Driver
Well, that's on your hardware manufacturer then. Windows has no native equalizer. You can try your luck with pulseaudio-equalizer-ladspa or other such things, i guess. I learned to just not rely on software equalizer sand bought myself some cheap headphones/speakers with good sound out of the box.

Gotta keep the normies out somehow

Exactly. Linux doesn't have official support from manufacturers and that's fucking suck.
On Windows i simply right click on Intel Graphic control panel and select maintain aspect ratio or open Realtek Audio Manager to change EQ setting.
>pulseaudio-equalizer
Too buggy even for casual use.

>Too buggy even for casual use.
Don't mistake it with the ladspa one. One uses pulseaudios deprecated equalizer module and the other uses the ladspa module, which does work better. There is also pulseeffects that is more up to speed with windows equalizers.

The best equalizer for linux was alsaequal but it obviously doesn't work on modern systems due to pulseaudio anymore.

Linux is not for brainlet normies. That's another thing I love about it.

Attached: 1558014201237.gif (480x320, 188K)

Linux is simple and perfect; it's normies that are stupid and make mistakes.

Attached: bq-5c531b154baae.jpg (200x200, 9K)

for once, i agree with you, frogposter.

Meme os