/spg/ - Smartphone General

Best Phone Edition

If requesting purchasing advice, please provide your country and what carrier you will be using it with, along with wanted features, budget and size.

Good Resources:
>Reviews, Specs, Comparisons
gsmarena.com
phonearena.com
kimovil.com

>Frequency Checker
kimovil.com/en/frequency-checker
frequencycheck.com
willmyphonework.net

>Chinkphone news
gizchina.com
gizmochina.com

>Visual Phone Size Comparison
phonearena.com/phones/size

>Recommended Chinkphones
pastebin.com/sQbs83pY

>Post a mini-review of your phone
>Discuss upcoming and current models
>Ask for help related to phones
>Tell us how much shekels you spent on good/bad phone

previous thread

Attached: OnePlus 7 Pro.jpg (794x1730, 229K)

Other urls found in this thread:

ebay.com/itm/New-in-Sealed-Box-Google-Pixel-2-5-0-64-128GB-Unlocked-Smartphone-USA-GLOBAL/143206214833
theinquirer.net/inquirer/news/3064540/galaxy-note-10-release-date-specs-leak-lacklustre-camera
slickdeals.net/f/13067710-google-store-eligible-apple-smartphone-trade-in-towards-google-pixel-3a-up-to-250-credit-100-google-store-credit
notebookcheck.net/Xiaomi-Redmi-Note-7-Smartphone-Review.414550.0.html
youtu.be/C0cNWvjMUoA
youtu.be/z3-eD7uE6rg
youtu.be/j43PDydMqEA
twitter.com/AnonBabble

CHINKED

Bought LG G7 ThinQ for $328

High-end 2018 flagship phone with top-notch hardware. Get on my level fags

Fantastic buy. LG sound just can't be beat, shame I already got a OnePlus 7 Pro but whatever. We don't get LG here anyway. At least chinee phones are polished now, for fucking once.

200$
Poorfag
Only care about screen and battery
Recommend me some phones that aren't the RN7 please

Attached: 1447084913529.jpg (251x241, 12K)

Based buy
Still on OP5, but thinking of those low priced LGs
Want an amoled though, too much nighttime use to backtrack

Attached: Screenshot_20190521-065112.jpg (1920x1080, 747K)

FUCKING HUAWEI BTFO

Post YFW you don't have a Huashit

Attached: dreamstime-s-32711748.jpg (670x490, 36K)

Attached: 11.jpg (1280x720, 72K)

Umidigi A5 Pro. It's on sale for a $100 USD for the next 42 hours.

Moto G7 Play.

Fuck my ass, I hope the 8/256 version of the Zenfone 6 comes for $550 tops.

LG V30 is $150 on Amazon iirc

>Recommend me some phones that aren't the RN7 please
why? it's the best phone there is at $200

Okay how much does it cost to get OIS on a camera? Why doesn't the Zenfone one have it. The fucking Zenfone 5 had it, it's a downgrade.

Display seems like ass
Especially the top portion of it
And i am very autistic about stuff like this

How about you MAN UP and buy a phone with a notchfree display then? Just man the FUCK UP. Get the S9+, it's cheap now and Snapdragon one works good.

>hole punch

I wanted to support you huawei but no.

Attached: IMG_20190521_144217.jpg (3879x2183, 560K)

Anyone have/had the Galaxy S8? Was looking at buying one refurb for $280 but not sure how long it will last until it starts to slow down.

Could also get an essential phone brand new for the same price. I'm thinking this would last longer having stock Android on it.

That's a solid fucking buy. The only complaint I have is the camera and the RAM. Whether I use the G Cam mod or the stock camera, if I'm listening to music, the music app will close when I take a photo.

>buy a phone with a notchfree display
If only there is fucking any
>Get the S9+ its cheap
You cheeky kek i only have 200$

Attached: 1241637692957.jpg (640x480, 69K)

Haha, agreed
You have my permission to be as autistic you want with screens ( and touch accuracy and latency I may add) but you have to up your budget a bit to get into the good screen phone area

I want RDJ to fuck me real hard.

RN7

here user
ebay.com/itm/New-in-Sealed-Box-Google-Pixel-2-5-0-64-128GB-Unlocked-Smartphone-USA-GLOBAL/143206214833

Guaranteed updates at least until October 2020 so it'll get Android Q and R, possibly S too. Galaxy S8 isn't even getting Q.

Huawei phones are a big no since the bootloader can't be unlocked

Anyone here owns a modded Mi A1? Official pie is cancer, I want to put a custom on it but I was out of the modding game for a long time. What's the best custom rom for it??

keep saving up, Redmi K20 will come with a notchless display for $350

Just save the FUCK UP, how fucking poor are you? I'm a streetshitter and I use a Note 9, just fucking SAVE UP for it. If I can do it, so can YOU.

regarding the notch, the s10 line is fucking awesome.
There is a punch hole which is meant for the camera but it does not bother me.

I am glad there is some upside to being visually impaired. Us folks with two working eyes just can't get used to seeing a disgusting hole in the corner of the display. Even Samsung doesn't pretend otherwise, all their wallpapers and gimmicks are designed to hide the pillnotch.

Attached: 5c741a1b26289859b80dc046-750-563.jpg (750x563, 70K)

Okay
I will just have to endure using my Nokia phone for another month

Attached: 1557298219963.jpg (603x579, 27K)

theinquirer.net/inquirer/news/3064540/galaxy-note-10-release-date-specs-leak-lacklustre-camera
this is great, who else is gonna buy a Note 9 when the prices drop even further in August?

>how fucking poor are you?
I'm Russian, man. Have a heart.

desu this looks better compared to the ugly notches fucking Google (out of all manufacturers) offer in their shitty pixel.

There is no excuse to have a notch in 2019. Samsung just did something amazing with the tools they were provided in this industry.

Oneplus however provided the best solution with that camera prop.

Well I'm Indian, I sincerely doubt anyone's poorer.

>something amazing
I don't see the pop up camera anywhere there. Anyway it's just a trend since in display cameras will be a thing soon.

> I'm Russian
> Well I'm Indian

Attached: 1558447942548.jpg (4685x2457, 313K)

>2k19
>micro usb
I'm trying to upgrade from a Samsung galaxy note 3. Is this still worth it?

Attached: 1557973575268.jpg (1112x904, 209K)

Just same more and get the K20 or the Poco if it gets cheaper after K20 is released.

somehow having the hole on the right looks more pleasing than on the left. Or maybe it's just because the honor 20 is tall af and I was only looking at the s10e.

Looking to get a refub phone around $200 in USA. Is Pixel2 my best bet? Also no phone over 5.5inches. Please halp I have a BB Priv and it's a piece of shit

Attached: Untitled.png (1490x1358, 3.52M)

yes

Attached: IMG-20190521-WA0008.jpg (1280x768, 141K)

>Op7 is a manlet endorsed phone
Yikes

Add bitmore for pixel 3a?

His eyes are so hypnotic and deeply seductive.

Is the Pixel3a really better than the Pixel2? From what I looked up the PIxel2 is not plastic and has a better processor (maybe I'm wrong on that part)

oops for you xir

yes
pixel 2 has a horrible screen

Pixel 2 has IP67 water resistance, faster processor, stereo speakers, glass build instead of plastic.

Pixel 3a has better battery life, better camera, 3.5mm headphone jack, and will get updates for longer.

If you do the trade-in deal you can get the Pixel 3a around the same price as the Pixel 2 (buy refurbished/used iPhone 6/SE, trade in for $250 credit):
slickdeals.net/f/13067710-google-store-eligible-apple-smartphone-trade-in-towards-google-pixel-3a-up-to-250-credit-100-google-store-credit

Anyone else have no problems at all with the 6T or P30 Pro notches?

Attached: vrhqlxg3hcr11.jpg (900x900, 71K)

>hey guise is anyone else visually impaired like I am? XDDD

Thanks frens

Do Xiaomi have the Oppo issue where notifications don't come through because MIUI kills all background processes? I want to know before buying one. Thank you.

>Poco if it gets cheaper
Tempting, shit camera but ok gaming performance.

Not to that extent, you can also instruct the battery saver not to touch any apps you specify.

>shit camera
not with GCam. It has the same sensor as Pixel 3.

I've heard the camera is good with gcam, AFAIK it has the same sensor as some flagship from last year

Hello, I come seeking your wisdom, /spg/.
I've been out of the smartphone loop for five years now, and it was a blessing. All thanks to my Galaxy S5, which is slowly giving up the ghost. The accelerometer has a loose contact, the battery life is terrible, and the chargin port is loose. I'd like to outline what I'm looking for and hope that you could maybe give me some pointers.
Top priority:
Headphone jack
Expandable storage
Significantly below 6" or at least not fuckhueg
High capacity battery
Mid priority:
plenty of RAM
Non-AIDS factory ROM OR good/promising support from lineage or whatever is in nowadays
Fingerprint sensor, below screen is nice but idgaf
Waterproof is nice, GS5 had IP67 IIRC
Probably hopeless/unimportant:
User-replaceable battery (I know)
price, I feel loaded nowadays
Decent cases

Appreciate the responses!

Yeah Oppo had a similar thing but excluding apps didn't actually work, as long as it works on Xiaomi I'm good.
I just need to get Facebook Messenger and emails working consistently then I'm good.

i got huawei Y5 100$. Is it okay?

On global version of miui 10 there are no problems.

been in the cave for some months now, how bad is the Xperia 1 ?

Attached: 1558195498768.gif (240x176, 912K)

>Display seems like ass
>Especially the top portion of it
>And i am very autistic about stuff like this
Fuck off. Here's what real reviewers found out:
notebookcheck.net/Xiaomi-Redmi-Note-7-Smartphone-Review.414550.0.html

Think I got the global version, bought if off the official Australian Xiaomi eBay store.

>That touch latency
Good god does it a have a Nokia ressistive touch screen?

Attached: 1483484875082s.jpg (125x120, 2K)

My phone had a lot of lag, then shut off today, It had plenty of battery, but I can't turn it back on.
I have charged it for a couple of hours in different chargers to be sure and nothing.
What can I do?

where did they test touch latency?

Galaxy S10e

ctrl+f
Display Response Times

>Display response times show how fast the screen is able to change from one color to the next.
That's not touch latency.

Attached: Nvm+i+found+a+better+quality+one+for+you+_49069bbbcbbb981afcb5283e8f59362c.jpg (200x313, 13K)

That's the conclusion I came to as well, from my cursory search. However I was shocked how cheap decent almost-flagship phones have become and became tempted to buy something 80% as good for 60% of the price of the S10e.

Okay then
Still bad though
Can you explain this then?

Attached: Redmi-Note-7-1620x800.jpg (1620x800, 99K)

the only problem with that is that most good cheap phones are all phablet sized.

>tfw just flashed the latest s9 update after being stuck on december for ages
feels good restoring your phone vros, its like its brand new again

Bought an Xperia T for $50. What am I in for, lads?

is this the BBC edition

regret from having wasted $50

Well, fuck. At least I can flash Lineage on it.

>top-notch
Indeed.

Attached: f5753870a40ccef114a6cb88e7f48531.jpg (680x680, 145K)

It can be improved with software calibration on every device really and I never really saw the point of obsessing over that.
It's just how an IPS panel with a notch is. It's not severe of anything.

where did you downloaded it from?

Someone posted iPhone comparison pics earlier, while night sight trumps iShit, the details were absolutely garbage. There was a label in the comparison pics and it was fully legible in the iPhone pic but just a bunch of blurry squiggles in the Pocomeme pic. Idk what's up with that maybe the gcam app isn't perfect or what but it doesn't compare to the Pixel 3 or its likes.

Literally the shittiest phone you could buy today, it's that bad. Get the OnePlus 7 Pro.

>tfw want to upgrade from my 1+3T but don't actually have any issues with it outside of battery life and even that's not that much of an issue
Phones for this feel?

dark knight rises

What happened to matte, solid tones? What's with the gaudy ultra chinky gradient backs on every phone?

Pocophone with GCam trades blows with iPhone XR/XS in good lighting, and absolutely shits on them in low light:
youtu.be/C0cNWvjMUoA
youtu.be/z3-eD7uE6rg
youtu.be/j43PDydMqEA

Attached: 1557041152419.png (1920x960, 1.03M)

I don't think even reviewers have got their hands on that phone yet. Knowing Sony, prepare to be disappointed.

Night sight is cheating, it's literally night vision.

we are now entering the Game of Phones story arc

>Night sight is cheating
itoddler cope

shoo shoo poo in loo

For everyone who keeps asking where the Notification LED is on the Zenfone 6, here it is.

Attached: 2019_05_21 163.jpg (1416x796, 74K)

And reburbished products means hidden faults or near the breaking point of a product. Its safer to get 3a

God tier intellect. Low light photography is one thing, night sight aka night vision where you can take a clear picture in total darkness is another. They can't be compared.

That's so small. I want my selfie camera size tier giant LED. I still want this phone though, it's fucking awesome.

They kinda do. My rotational app dies after I clear my recent app. Unless you have root, there is no fix. The very least some messagings apps are not affected.

I wanted to get a xiaomeme, but I don't want to get btfo like huaweifags, is there any risk of orange man doing the same shit to them?

Attached: 1528599329301.jpg (900x1200, 140K)

Seems like the normal size for it. All I need is to be able to make it a brighter color though, the default looks dim.

Attached: 2019_05_21 162.jpg (444x664, 35K)