Watch General

Normal Watches / Smart Watches / Fitness Watches

Post what you use

Post what you want to use

Ask questions about them

Give answers

Attached: smart watch.jpg (3822x2150, 567K)

what watch is this?

Attached: 1556845308610.jpg (1876x1530, 1.25M)

It's whatever that logo on the watch face says

Or the item code on the back

>tfw my release day Moto 360 gen 1 started developing bad pixel clusters
sad
at least it had a good long run

Attached: IMG_20190521_112822.jpg (4000x3000, 2.96M)

shit

I can't tell what is written there honestly, and also the picture is all I have so I can't see the back of the watch

it had a good run user, i wouldn't thought anyone would still be wearing them

Vostok amphibia.
Have three of them

terrorist watch and a decent VC rep

I use a garmin watch.
It is annoyingly close to be good.
>Sleep tracking is great
But it can't track naps and doesn't understand the concept of sleeping several times a day.
>Automatic activity detection is great
But you can't do interval training, you can't stop during a walk and the pause system is terrible.

How accurate are fitness tracking watches in regards to steps and also burning calories?

My Fitbit Charge 3 seems to think i've done 10,000 steps today which i'm pretty sure I havent, and it also seems to think i've burnt 4,000 calories, which also seems like a substantial number.

I use an Apple Watch

Attached: 1557159056600.jpg (640x593, 33K)

Amazfit Stratos vs Samsung Galaxy Watch, with the Galaxy Watch about 1/3 more expensive.
Which one is better? Is it worth paying a premium for Samsung?

Does what I need it to do, doesn't look like a brick/nobody notice what it is, and I only have to charge it once a month.

Attached: 1986021-n0.jpg (232x384, 20K)

Amazfit is more of a fitness watch

Samsung Galaxy is a bit of a jack of all trades

Both will last you about a day with average to heavy usage

I bought a Samsung Galaxy on a whim. Should have checked before because it's not compatible with most Google app I use (Calendar, etc.) Plus Bixby is shit, I prefer Google Assistant.

Yeah it's shit user, technology isn't there so it's best to just get cheap chink shit

Not too late to get a refund?

Used to have moto 360 2nd generation, then I got the gear s3 frontier

Attached: 20190521_120921-01.jpg (2268x4032, 2.22M)

sorry for your loss

Umm I like it

>Normal Watches
Cringe. Imagine inviting queers to discuss their anachronistic fashion accessories.

I never understood the obsession with G-Shocks when the F-91W and derivatives are extremely tough already and less bulky.

Attached: f91wgreenedition.jpg (640x640, 60K)

gear s3 classic. Planning an eventual upgrade to galaxy or whatever comes next. Love it. Used to wear mechanical watches prior.

My boomer dad wants a wear os watch, what is the best option i can buy for him? He wants something classy but with a podometer because muh footstep count

G shocks are more durable and have more functionality. Notably f91 are not water resistant (splash only) and dont have things such as solar charging and radio bands which some gshocks have. Other than that, you look like a complete moron with f91.

No watch.
Used to use a g-shock.

>f91 are not water resistant
Easy hydro mod and you could go to the sea floor with it.
>Other than that, you look like a complete moron with f91.
He says looking like a fucking Power Ranger with a watch face larger than his arm.

Attached: l_ts0153_rangeman01.jpg (1600x1200, 636K)

What is the best smartwatch that meets these requirements:

>Don't need to have my phone in my pocket for it to work
>Has NFC payments
>Looks like a watch but not too much. Something with a similar design language as the apple watch but with a round face.

Hard mode:
>$100 or less

apple watch series 2. they go for around 100-200 depending where you live. Seriously the apple watch is the best smart watch you can possibly get

But you still need to get an iPhone which automatically makes it the worst smartwatch.

Suunto Eon Core.

>He says looking like
I dont wear digital watches. There are other small gshocks, such as dw5600, which dont look like something either 12 year old, or homeless would wear.

Most smart watches and all most all fitness bands require proprietary apps to function it seems.

WearOS owered watches seem to be the best full feature option but they still need the WearOS Android app to function...or do they? Anything else I've found like Samsung watches and whatnot not based on wear have been total crap and need all sorts of proprietary apps to work well, compares to wear OS that is basically compatible with any Android app, so long as you have the WearOS app on the thing and maybe even without it. I won't even comment on Apple watches as they're exclusively for use with Apple ecosystem so fuck that.

Fitness bands seem to be a real shit show with them all requiring a proprietary app and not working with standards or general apps. Even most cheap Chinese knock off have their own app which sends your info god knows where. The one good thing is Gadgetbridge, which is an open source alternative software for connection, but it only supports certain hardware like old Pebble based devices and the Mi Band 3 etc.