>FAQs:
pastebin.com/M5w7QtKp
>Group Buys
deskthority.net/viewforum.php?f=50
massdrop.com/
>Keyboard wiki
deskthority.net/wiki/Main_Page
>Keyset wiki
keypuller.com (web.archive.org/web/20161101152119/http://keypuller.com/)

P.T.

Attached: hud9.jpg (1800x1200, 756K)

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=CHow47ZGXhU
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

scissor switches are the best mechanical switches available right now.

Attached: angry.png (574x950, 638K)

>filco and func 1030
what is this, 2004?

>Hudson H9

RIP to Hudson Mfg. What a rotten way to die.

>holy panda
>royal box
>paladin crest
>ultimate pearl
>pink roselios
>taiwan white
>zealious alabama

Attached: 1555914833345.jpg (112x112, 3K)

Does anyone know if/where I can get blank PBT Miami coloured keycaps for my 60%?

royal hako stem breakers yes or no

Attached: royal_hako_clear_closeup_1440x992.jpg (1440x963, 134K)

Fuck, didn't know those were a thing, need to grab a few. Royals are my absolute favorite switches so far

Also who the fuck buys a filco in 2019.

Attached: fkingmkg.png (500x517, 466K)

Actually disregard that, I just grabbed a royal and a hako clear and swapped stem/housing/spring, don't like it that much, normal box royals have a much crispier bump.

chads obviously

no
this, they're meh

I just want a white tenkeyless mk with blue leds. Is that so much to ask?

?

Attached: HTB1XPcDXK2CK1JjSZFIq6y3OpXaV.jpg (790x514, 113K)

Preferably without that hideousness on the left

Then get one of these, white TKL isn't even rare.

Attached: TB23HsEfXXXXXaKXpXXXXXXXXXX-2090751751.jpg (790x558, 300K)

Name? I've been googling stuff for an hour and its mostly all black and rainbow stuff. I dont know a lot of the companies that come up and their quality
Whats that mouse btw?

>rgb led
>pictures have all keys lit up in different colors like a raindbow

This is nearly every mech keyboard listing. Does this just mean you can choose colors or are they actually rainbow-y?

It's an Ajazz, cheap chink keyboard with Outemu switches, not bad for the price, or get a Ducky One TKL white if you want something better and pricier.
Yes, most RGB keyboards have programmable lighting.

Right, I keep looking at ducky one but sold.out everywhere :/

I think you meant degenerates. Even Ducky surpassed Filco years ago in price and structure.

youtube.com/watch?v=CHow47ZGXhU
Using one of these myself, you could take out the caps and paint the white led with a blue marker or something.

>smelly chink boards assembled by 9 year olds
>somehow superior to honorable nipponese craftmanship
yeah nice try retard

More like overpriced and use of cheaper material used to sell to some dumb gaijin.

A leopold, ducky, varmilo, ikbc are all better brands and cheaper than a filco.

Have fun knowing that you bought an overpriced piece of shit that is inferior to even chink keebs.

>You niggas like my guns

Attached: 5914ce611e00003a00622986.jpg (720x476, 43K)

>somehow superior to honorable nipponese craftmanship
I think you are trolling, but the amount of weeb cucks there are in this board. it is hard to tell.

kek

user, is there other keyboards with a layout similar to the Vortex Race 3?
Pic related, it's the Vortex Race 3

Attached: 61IkdltLdAL._SL1200_.jpg (1200x952, 99K)

Diatic has never made their own majestouches tho.

My old Steelseries 6Gv2 is dying and i need a new replacement, can someone recommend me some decent keyboards?

Yeah the Race, Race 2, and Race 4 aka Tab75 and Tab75m

Leopold FC900r PD

yeah, it is a standard 84 key or 75% keyboard.

Massdrop currently has a KC84 keyboard for sale.

you sure are hardcore, wont argue with you!

This guy is actually right.
>A leopold, ducky, varmilo, ikbc are all better brands and cheaper than a filco.

I never heard of ikbc though. Get one of the 3 and you will be set. I prefer Leopold cause they actually add mats underneath your keyboards for dampening.

y... y is it yellow?

Attached: yellow.jpg (1080x720, 111K)

Obviously someone who likes the Koch.

iKBC is just Ducky's Chinese agent, as Taiwanese companies aren't allowed to sell in China or some shit.

lmao

I want to get a sleek Ducky keyboard but haven't seen any with audio controls, which is keeping me stuck with my Logitech. Are there any ducky keyboards with that sweet volume roller/mute button, or is there something else I can get as a second peripheral?

I might be misunderstanding what you're asking, but the full sized ducky keyboards have mute/unmute, vol up, and vol down keys above the numpad.

Stagered vs ortholinear? which is better.

wut? that's like the main design of Ducky's full size keyboards. they have dedicated media keys above the numpad. if you get a TKL Ducky than you can reprogram the keyboard to have dedicated media keys

Staggered columns>staggered rows>ortholinear

Keycaps: DSA, SA, XDA

Faggots what layout should i do for my new 60 case pic related

Attached: Q3n5ZXdpQsCBrz9XCmXu_kWg1W2xnT46NaHrckG0m_361A4227.jpg (1500x1500, 275K)

How does a person who have adapted to the short travel of laptops adapt to a real keyboard

Spend time using it.

>A leopold, ducky, varmilo, ikbc are all better brands and cheaper than a filco.

>leopold
maybe.

>ducky, varmilo, ikbc
think not.

PLEASE EXPLAIN THE NAUNCES OF KEYCAPS

you are giving far too much credit to a filco. They are Logitech tier.

not really Filco keyboards have some of the best build quality and are on par with Leopold. Their keycaps however are dogshit, but that's an easy fix since they use a standard layout. Filco also has the advantage of being QMK compatible with a simple cheap mod unlike Leopold.

What exactly makes their build quality on par with leopold? Leopold has thick casing while Filco is flimsy and thin. I had a majestouch and honestly felt like a shitty logitech keyboard.

Theu keycaps are shit and QMK is overrated. What the flying fuck are you going to change from a 66, 87, 104 layout? At most you are going to change is the caps lock to fn or ctrl and leopold has dip switches to do that without mods. In fact alot of keyboards have specialized dip switches to change to popular layouts.

Face it. Filcos have gone down the drain and even the chinks are better at it. The Ducky one is thick and solid and even has PBT keycaps unlike filco shit ABS keycaps. The Filco Majestouch 2 still doesn't have detachable cables.. What a fucking joke.

Ducky cases aren't all that thick tho. They creak when you move them and are about the same thickness as Filcos. Also when it comes to cases nothing beats Filco as their aftermarket support is unmatched, not that it even matters anyway. Filco still uses their solid double layer PCBs like all high end keyboards so you can't fault them for that. A detachable cable isn't a big deal as it doesn't affect the build quality of the keyboard. Sounds like you've never fully utilized QMK, or a similar firmware because I can never use a keyboard without it.

kek alright, this is thick... What garbage are you spewing on about?

Alright what is it that you do with QMK that is so special?
I understand for macropads or unusual layouts, but what the fuck are you going to change in a popular layout?

Also why would I care about aftermarket support? If I pay 50 more for a premium product I expect premium compared to a filco which comes with nondetachable cables and ABS keycaps it is a ripoff.

Also what even if their pcbs are high end. Most of keyboard failures come from switch issues and cable issues, at most it is Filco being an idiot and failing to understand the fundamental weaknesses of a keyboard and reinforcing areas that have low failure rates.

Detachable cables are a godsend. You don't have to roll up the cable and damage it to even fit it somewhere. You don't need to open it up if your cable or port gets damaged and replace them. You know how much a convenience a detachable cable is when you are traveling? I can secure my cable easily in a pouch and keyboard in another instead of it getting tangled or damaged by rolling it up with the keyboard...

and what build quality are you speaking of. They are flimsy compared to even some razer keyboards. The plastic they use is not even special. Standard thin ABS and my ducky shine was thicker than that garbage. Just look at it

This is the filco that apparently has "good build quality" look how thin that shit is.

Attached: thic.jpg (803x1200, 273K)

and this is a ducky.... yeah the filco is soooo much thicker right.

Attached: ducky.jpg (2579x1934, 688K)

woah calm down there, donald

Wait so why do people buy filcos then? I am new to this, but not having a detachable cable is pretty bad in my eyes.

Have you noticed that these little cuck keyboards are starting to appear on desks across the US more now? I think that it is a sign that there are more single people typing on their own than typing with a family. How can we stop the cuck keyboard phenomenon?

Attached: niu40.jpg (5312x2988, 1.25M)

Only Cherry-compatible keycaps have nuances, the rest you are stuck with what you have so it doesn't matter.

Try ikbc F87s on taobao

DSA, SA,XDA

Its literally exactly the same.

Pretty much every set of those is going to fit on Cherry stems

Yeah and one costs ways more and does not have a detachable cable and abs keycaps. Filco is a fucking ripoff

Thank you for the replies i ordered the leopold.

>Gotta wait 3 months for this mastapiece
REEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE

Attached: OCT.jpg (2047x1356, 152K)

Well it costs more for a reason it's obviously better.

Split backspace, backspace on the backslash, split right shift with fn key on the right, ctrl on caps lock. Basically HHKB layout, with some extra bottom row keys for whatever you want to program them to.

Completely missed the GB and now am sad. Enjoy it user.

>meme switches delayed
Can't say I'm surprised with assdrop delaying things anymore, but still. I guess godspeed MT3 and meme pandas will ship around the same time.

Attached: meme pandas.png (511x713, 100K)

> tfw I got on the second drop and will be getting it only a couple of weeks after the first drop.

Feels good man.

Paid more than I did per switch though :^)

Hello
I want something that's kind of between the light pressure of a brown but below the stiffness of a clear. Apparently there's a gateron that fits this description? anything else?

outemu sky 67g, ergo clear, MOD-M, arctos, meme pandas, etc. There are tons of decent, medium weight, tactile switches nowadays.

Thanks for agreeing with me and proving your own point to be incorrect as those look the same. QMK/TMK is very helpful as I utilize their macros support in every day use, particularly in autodesk. I don't travel with my keyboards and I doubt the people who do carry around full size keyboards so I still don't see the point of a detachable cable. The build quality of Filcos is the same as other high end brands. Their keycaps are garbage, but they make up for it with their mod support and community that other brands don't have

Hello guys, my first post and thread here, so let's hope this goes well ;) The Logitech K120 is the best keyboard I’ve ever tried, and better than yours. It only cost me 8£ brand new. Why is it good you ask? I shall tell you. Well, first of all: this keyboard is from Logitech, which is undoubtedly the best keyboard manufacturer today.

It is a rather common keyboard, yes; but because it is a Logitech, somehow it doesn't feel cheap. It's like the brand itself makes a crappy keyboard turn into a great one. I don't know, Logitech has always made me feel comfortable with cheaper products. The keys are superbly well distributed, and your fingers won't touch the surrounding keys like some other ones I've tried. The keys are also not very soft, nor very hard to press down on. You know, this keyboard makes it just right, so that you can actually take advantage of the impulse that the rebounding keys give you.

This keyboard makes you feel like gravity is actually working WITH you, rather that against you.

Another thing I absolutely love about it, is the space bar. It is just the right size, and not too small or too big like on some other crappy keyboards from other manufacturers. The space bar is the most balanced key in the whole keyboard, it sits right at the center, and you can actually use it without looking at the keyboard. I mean, that's just brilliant design. It's an USB keyboard. This makes it perfect for use with modern computers, and even laptops and netbooks. No more using that old crappy PS/2 port. We're in 2019, people. I could be here all day, but in the end, I just wanted to share with you my experience with this marvelous piece of peripheral engineering.

I recommend this keyboard to anyone.

Attached: k120.jpg (522x207, 20K)

Might try matia quiet clicks if you're prepared to open up a couple switches for cleaning to fix the chattering issue

Maybe I bought 1000...

...no I didn't. How much did you pay per switch?

Are box whites a safe switch to try out if I have cherry blues and really enjoy them right now?

$0.85/pc since I went full idort & got 330 of them.
Yes.

both are outdated
the future is flat keyboards and electrical weapons

I too love the K120, my complaint with it is that the keys wear off FAST. absurdly fast. I've gone through three of them just because the face wore off. Which wouldn't bother me but other people who don't touch-type use my keyboard, too.

If I could put pvc keycaps on a membrane keyboard, holy shit I would be set.

As said, most "custom" tactile switches fit the bill. They will generally all have a larger tactile bump than browns, since browns tend to feel like linears with a sandy bogie stuck it rather than anything actually tactile.

that gun was a heavy, shitty meme blaster

I hope you like them. I haven't tried them so played it safe with 90. I have 140 halo clears knocking about somewhere that I have enjoyed in my hotswap test board but haven't got around to building anything with yet.

>he lets other people touch his keyboard
faggot

www.dygma.com. I'm waiting for my Dygma Raise, which is a really neat open source, open hardware spec, split keyboard. Lots of great features, though with the space bar split into 4 and the low profile mech underrow I'll need to find keysets to fit properly . Hopefully there will be kits for them after launch .

Some will get their Raise before June, most will get it in June if all goes well and full production starts.

I do like V2 zeals and T1s so I can safely assume I'll like the meme pandas too. At worst I'm sure I could sell them. You planning on lubing them?

How do you live with a 60% keyboard? Do you swap to a 100% keyboard when you're not typing?

I assume they just get really good at jumping between layers. You can lock most of these little cuck keyboards to a specific layer and even customize them.

Absolutely. I'll run them stock in my hotswap board for a while to feel them out and break them in (though I'm sure that's a meme). Once I've decided what build to use them in I'll lube 'em up and get soldering. I'm waiting for the Klippe 2019 so they may well get a spot in that if the timing is right.

Do you have anything lined up for yours?

Pretty easy. And I have a numpad I whip out when I need to.

I prefer the HHKB layout with the ctrl and backspace keys, so I program my 60s like that, and build in the split bs and right shift if the board/PCB allows. I now actually find it quicker to use layers than dedicated arrow and nav keys.

First for Burt is a nigger

I do have a good amount of krytox 105/203 mixture, will probably use that unless one of the other meme lubes makes a noticeable difference.

Whats a pcb like that called?

what is the quietest switch I can get that's still tactile?

rubber domes

V2 zilents, matias quiet click, etc.

I would be fine if they made high-quality rubber dome keyboards with good PBT caps and good tactile feedback.
Thanks.