What does Jow Forums think?

What does Jow Forums think?

Attached: arduino-uno-r3-1-600x600.jpg (600x600, 77K)

Jow Forums doesn't think

Attached: download.jpg (262x192, 21K)

ok.

I did enter the thread to post exactly the same thing.

It's arduino. It's an "creative and educational" onions-toy to make a weather station that you'll forget to ever check on again after a week, unless you have a specific idea in mind or you're using it to learn mid-level stuff.

We don't need a thread on this every 6 hours.

This is the first thread I posted after not going on Jow Forums for an entire month lol. My daughter wanted me to buy an arduino for us so my first instinct was to go on Jow Forums and ask you guys about it.

i used it for a uni course, was pretty fun. But youll be proramming in c/++ so its not tthat easy if youve never done it b4, just follow some tutorials and youre good.

It's great as a tool to learn for a beginner
You can use it to build a small project and introduce yourself to embedded programming, electronics and robotics
Beyond that, its only worth is quick and dirty prototyping

Arduino is good for small projects but if you want to dive deeper you should move over to Raspberry Pi as soon as possible.

Cool, thanks guys. Me and my daughter are going to make an electronic dildo for her to use.
Should be pretty fun and educational. I already have experience in software programming but zero in embedded programming and robotics in general.

I actually wanted to go with the Raspberry Pi immediately but it was too expensive and I wasn't even sure whether we'll be into this stuff, so I just bought an arduino to try it out and see if we're actually interested in robotics.

It was good as a start for my embedded SW developer career. Now it just collects dust.

I'm designing a quadcopter based around an Arduino.

They're fun, but *you* need to have a good project idea in mind.

Post pics on instructables

arduino is great! once you learn the basics get an esp32 to add wifi or bluetooth to your projects, you can delegate the complex processing stuff to other machine and control the esp wirelessly

raspberry gives you more processing power but there are several drawbacks like long booting time, way more power hungry than an arduino and worst of all, retarded python

Fine for basic introduction and use meme sensors
Bad for anything else

Arduino is the python of embedded world.

What are you using now?

Mostly STM32 controllers.

Useful in a pinch to test stuff like displays, or to throw something together you can't be arsed to design better.
Good to have around, but not needed often.

Arduino has opened a new field for me with is electrical engineering and i enjoy it much more than software programming. It's a perfect tool for beginners. The only thing that irritates me is that some people think that microcontrollers are the solution to everything and use it completely everywhere, even in extremely simple circuits where you could get away with a few transistors. I also dislike the overwhelming use of plug and play arduino modules. They are often really crappy and discourages beginners from learning how circuits actually work.

Those fat AVR-based Arduino boards are alright as a learning tool.
Smaller Arduino boards like Nano or Digispark are useful for simple embedded tasks, like non time critical discrete I/O and low speed serial communication.
Arduino IDE with ESP8266 and ESP32 is alright for stuff like wireless sensors.

However, any time you want to get serious performance out of the hardware, you want to ditch the Arduino IDE and work with more flexible stuff.

Pi is massive overkill for most embedded tasks.