There are people who seriously believe that PCs are better than Macs for music production

>there are people who seriously believe that PCs are better than Macs for music production

Attached: E62A2C47-4269-4D4A-8DD9-BEDA72B69AC3.png (1384x923, 75K)

Good luck with that processing power and RAM amount ya got there!

yeah

I’m not really in the music production space. Can you tell me a little bit about why you feel that way?

Because every faggot musician and engineer in Los Angeles have herd mentality and that herd went over to Mac

CoreAudio.

Or maybe it’s just because there are never any latency issues when it comes to recording instruments with a Mac?

How dare people pay more for a product that guarantees them peace of mind in the recording studio?

Mac is a PC, fucking retard dipshit. Also, everyone knows MacOS is better to music production than Windows or GNU/Linux (the last, only retards think is good to music production).

Attached: 1558378789879.png (861x848, 141K)

Yes, obviously Macs aren’t as powerful as a PC build of the same price. I’m not gonna argue with that. I’d be an idiot to try. PCs don’t have CoreAudio though

> the last, only retards think is good.

End of sentence.

because Macs are the only machines that can run GarageBand. 98% of professional music studios use GarageBand for production.

Attached: Screenshot_20181012-124903.png (1267x2048, 1.12M)

>splitting hairs
you know exactly what I’m referring to, autist

nice bait m8 here’s your (You)

>Or maybe it’s just because there are never any latency issues when it comes to recording instruments with a Mac?
This has everything to do with IEEE1394, and the associated royalty payments Apple was willing to make.

>never any latency issues

you must be new to the scene friendo

Attached: 93D4D5A0-13B7-48AA-AA2D-627E0BC82CCC.jpg (600x591, 53K)

i don't give a fuck about music production

good for you! some people do though. weird, right?

this is why I hate gook moot

I dont want to share a board with you faggots anymore. Audio Production board cant come fast enough

plenty of people think a macbook will instantly make them a good student/musician

I love watching people fall prey to the dunning kruger effect because music has to be one of the biggest instances

and there are plenty of professional musicians who make informed decisions about the equipment they use. What’s your point?

>there are still street shitting iPajeets who shill macshit on Jow Forums

Attached: 1557610021634.png (905x673, 714K)

why don’t you elaborate on your point instead of memeing

Well lets see. My buddy in LA uses a macbook and we share software licenses.

He hates his life right now because everything runs like dogshit on his mac.
Meanwhile my machine is doing just fine.

>only retards think is good
>retards can't even use it
Explain this discrepancy

>music production
you mean copying and pasting downloaded loops from the internet?

you’re thinking of rap filth

i record live instruments

If thats what music production is in your mind I just feel sorry for you.

Its pathetic how stupid some people can be.

I dunno, for me Guitar Pro and Tux Guitar works the same way on Windows and Mac

well, that's what "musicians" with macs do

I’m not sure why I came here expecting a reasonable discussion with people like that around, lmao, guess that’s on me

if you're using default OS driver and realtek audio chip, yes, Mac has lower latency
But when you're doing music production, you use a dedicated sound card with proper low-latency drivers, and Mac vs Windows doesn't matter here

if it can run Live and Renoise, it's good.

Okay. I assume you're OP your argument is that music production is better on a Mac right? Well no fucking shit it's better when performing and recording live shit.

Now when youre done recording your samples then the table flips. Apple is just worse on the digital end, power wise, and compatibility wise for sure.

Recording live is cool and all but no matter what, your music will become digital. Theres no way around this unless you want to use a fucking gramophone or casset tape.

So the point is once the raw content has been made and its time for the mixing, editing, and mastering phase. A PC just werks better. The tools you have at your available disposal are basically infinite, and DAWs like Ableton or FL just werks better.

So you're both right and wrong and I am both right and wrong on the other end.

Attached: 43DF4F43-B5C8-4F33-B0E1-20DDA947117A.png (1280x720, 893K)

those aren't musicians

It don't matter what u use its abt how u use it

Fuck off, I gave you my true answer here: Are you forgetting you are on FourChannel and not a place like Reddit, you're gonna get a called a faggot no matter what and thats just the way it is.
faggot.

Are you retarded? Pro Tools, Sibelius? These are supported on PCs and Macs.

>there are people who seriously believe that PCs are better than Macs for music production
You're actually right, PC aren't better. Macs aren't either. Both are as good.
It's just a matter of choice.
A lot of musician I know use PC at home/studio and Mac on live. Some prefer Mac for both. Some prefer PC for both.

Attached: _ce__play_in_the_sun_by_silenced_toxin-d56pg8v.jpg (3000x2000, 643K)

This man knows

I can pirate my DAW's on windows, so checkmate athiests

Best joke I read all day

>team R2R's face when

Attached: BD6C8206-0158-4701-A283-8FAAD5753697.jpg (1920x1882, 515K)

Okay, but -why- do they prefer one over the other? Surely there has to be a reason other than personal preference?

Macs are PCs. And have been for over a decade. Case closed.

hurr durr splitting hairs is funny hurrrrrrrrr

ITT only real musician

really makes you think

>all the jews who own the studios outfit them with the same tech and smugly think highly of themselves?!!?!?!!??

noooo waaaaayyyyy

hans zimmer is a big PC fan

This is why we stay here and do not go to /mu/. Cancer like this.

implying i’m writing scores

>ill just assume you play in some gay band then

>Look at me everybody I think I’m really smart cus I watch the Ricky and Mortimer show and use Le Applel shit and I’m smart cus I picked the liberal cult le ecks dee!!!!
Fuck of Apple faggot. You dipshits don’t belong here and you will never fit in here FUCK OFF

triples of reconciliation

>Mac is a PC
It's not by default. A PC is an x86 computer running an IBM or Microsoft operating system.

but user, macs have incel chips.

I heard the new apple macbook is going to have 8 cores! Isn't that so revolutionary?

what is HAL / AUHAL?

Looks like your getting BTFO on 2 boards at the same time. Very impressive reddit

thanks!