Antergos is dead boys

Antergos is dead boys.
antergos.com/blog/antergos-linux-project-ends/

Attached: proxy.duckduckgo.com.jpg (948x550, 44K)

Other urls found in this thread:

ambrevar.xyz/guix-advance/index.html
meta.wikimedia.org/wiki/Cunningham's_Law
wiki.archlinux.org/index.php/Archboot
wiki.installgentoo.com/wiki/Babbies_First_Linux#Antergos
github.com/helmuthdu/aui
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

And this is why you don't use meme fork distros.

did anyone actually use antergos

Thank god I'm using Windows 10, lol

JUST FUCKING INSTALL ARCH FOR GOD SAKE

install gentoo

This. Fuck frankendistros. I bet Manjaro will also flop. Screencap this.

literally who

Yikes.

>I bet Manjaro will also flop

Attached: .png (378x209, 13K)

And another arch installer dies. How surprising...

Literally Arch installer for retards

Install Parabola

Ya, same with Mint- OH NO NO NO NO NO NO

Attached: 1529463197077.jpg (400x343, 8K)

rip 2 the first arch-based distro i ever used :(

These posts were brought to you by Arch Installer Defence Squad (AIDS)

>distrowatch scores
>mattering at all

:(
My first non ubuntu distro.
It was really good, if there is enough interest in it ill try to maintain it as a fork.

They do matter.

Attached: .png (500x444, 160K)

Attached: 1552657152815.jpg (927x1032, 162K)

F

F

Yeah as if MX Linux is so relevent lol, go learn how distrowatch works nigger
>a light-hearted way of measuring the popularity of Linux distributions and other free operating systems among the visitors of this website. They correlate neither to usage nor to quality, and should not be used to measure the market share of distributions. They simply show the number of times a distribution page on DistroWatch.com was accessed each day, nothing more

antergos was an unnecessary meme, but it shouldn't been manjaro that died.

>Another Arch installer dies
And nothing of value was lost. Either install Arch or install Debian Unstable if you want a rolling release distro with easy installation.

I literally installed/uninstalled it yesterday. It was pure shit

I wonder if the devs will move to Manjaro.

I never manged to install it on a VM. The installer kept freezing for some reason.

literally use Manjaro or Arch

>distrowatch

>replies in caps
>being a schizo for no reason
>"just install arch"
pottery

S

about 1m downloads, so circa 20k users

manjaro can be a bit wonky as well. if you don't want to install arch manually there are a handful of install scripts that work just fine

>scripts
lel

Attached: 1558283883848.png (250x316, 3K)

yeah, that doesn't create a working system by anybodies standard. take your muh arch way and fuck off.
the only acceptable reason to even run arch is to have something stable you don't have to reinstall every few years

I still saw people recommending these shit tier meme distros on Discord just the other day.

>that doesn't create a working system
lel
pacman -S muh_ebin_desktop

This is literally the only distro that worked 100% right from the start on my machine. No wrong drivers, no misconfigurations, nothing. The installer was great as well.

So I guess it's safe to keep the .iso around in case I'll need an Arch installer for retards.

protip: arcolinux

can't do that because everyone uses wifi and so called install has no wifi driver or a connection manager. get with the times gramps

>get with the times gramps
lel
ip link set interface up
wpa_supplicant -B -i interface -c

Install SourceMage

What a rotten way to die

still doing it the hard way asshat, just run a fucking script and get everything done at once

Attached: 1525614799264.png (2000x1200, 289K)

>hard way
>like about 6 commands
lel

Yep, the installer is ass and won't even download the packages/OS all the way unless you opt into a SPECIFIC mirror

Gee I wonder who's behind this post

Attached: 1552782479255.png (1000x1000, 76K)

no but some genius was shilling it here till yesterday

I used it for some time years ago, it was okay from what I remember.
Oh well, this is just how the things are.

Page hit ranking. First distro link clicked counted once a day per unique IP.

Rolling release users don't check distrowatch every day for a week to see if the new iso is out.

>opensuse
how is that meme crock of shit still alive

how is opensuse bad?

They push it as a major well supported distro but it isn't and everything breaks. Well that's what happened to me and I wanted to like it.

>i had a bad time so the whole thing is shit
classic, this anecdote never gets old.

RIP cute palm tree logo, the one true contribution of Antergos.

It looked atrocious in screenfetches

I do! but as an entry point, hopefully will switch to Debian or Arch soon

Switch directly to GNU Guix System instead.

>bloated logo just like the """distro"""
at leat they were honest

it's corporate-backed.

it's a palm tree?
this

I lost my OS virginity with Antergos, by that I mean it was the first distro I installed on metal
It was a good experience, could run latest software on a former XP-computer

>it's a palm tree?
Well, that's what I've seen every time I've looked at it.
What do you see?

>
>ip link set interface up
wpa_supplicant -B -i interface -c muh arch wei

What is ethernet.

>manually start X.org
lel
startx

Distrowatch is not accurate, of course the things at the top of the list will get more clicks to increment a page hit counter, it’s at the top already why wouldn’t noobs looking for a distro click one from the top 3?

pacman -S lightdm lightdm-gtk-greeter
systemctl enable lightdm

Not all forks are bad. you can at least admit Ubuntu and fedora are competent

I used it for a while because it gave me access to the AUR. Not sure what I will move to now.

>What do you see?
a guitar pick?

>wifi-menu
>bloated wifi script
might as well use manjaro

Okay, then what are the three shapes in the center of the pick?

*ahem*
I suggest you move to GUIXSD

Looks like it all worked out in the end though, they'll get to keep all their shit and have an arch machine.

Best recommendation.

abstract art? waves? a road?

I was thinking just going full on Archtism or Fedora.

>What do you see?
A marble. Or some weird ball.

That only starts it for the current session, if you reboot you have to type startx again
>lel just type it again lmao
Any other fucking distro can drop you straight into the DM or WM. Are you telling me your SEKRIT CLUB distro can't?
Alright, I concede, I'll reinstall Arch
I'm not entirely sold on having to compile everything on the AUR, though

>if you reboot you have to type startx again
lel
# put in ~/.bashrc
if [ "$(tty)" = "/dev/tty1" ]; then
exec startx
fi

Suggested reading:
ambrevar.xyz/guix-advance/index.html

there's literally nothing wrong with having a simplified gui installer. even if you're so autistic that for some bizarre reason you don't want partitions and fstab etc done automatically (you generate it anyway) you can even do that manually instead. almost all these distros come with multiple versions including a minimal install. pretentious faggots that want to be hackerman snowflakes

>muh bloat
Look, I know you think that anything that isn't a CLI is bloat to you because you wasted so much time of your life learning all of those Vim macros and shortcuts, but others just want to cut corners and get shit done without investing a full year deciphering our OS
>Then you don't want to learn Linux lmao
No.
I do want to learn how2loonix, what I don't want to do is reinvent the fucking wheel
Is this really the only way to get help from this Taiwanese leather tanning imageboard? By taunting you until you fork over the recipe for the secret sauce?

>Is this really the only way to get help
well duh
meta.wikimedia.org/wiki/Cunningham's_Law

also I learned all this by recently installing arch + sway, so...

RIP dragon dick logo

Shit. That's too bad. Antergos was the arch based distro that was fully compatible with arch repos. It's strange to hear Jow Forums championing it's death considering most of the others are either partial incompatible types like Manjaro ( which some of you aspies yelled about being low quality compared to Arch direct) and stupid shit like Parabola which just strips out anything that doesn't make the fsf hard as diamonds

>stupid shit like Parabola which just strips out anything that doesn't make the fsf hard as diamonds
Why does sane ethical approach make you so angry?

you know this is just a google trends variant for distros? it just shows whats memed the most

either install arch normally or use anarchy linux, which is just a ncurses installer for a vanilla arch installation. anything else is garbage.

I bet GuixSD appeared in the monthly top 50 simply because I'm a master shitposter.

wiki.archlinux.org/index.php/Archboot

their website is utter cancer

Time to update this page.
wiki.installgentoo.com/wiki/Babbies_First_Linux#Antergos

I'm using it, just found out and if they don't fuck it up with that update to remove repos to leave a plain Arch I'll be fine

github.com/helmuthdu/aui

Attached: 993395.jpg (600x509, 88K)

A 3-pronged dildo

>Use arch installer
>Edit /etc/os-release to say it's arch
Absolutely devilish.

my first and current linux distro :( how hard is it to install arch on a legacy bios machine?
what i should know in the partition phase before going to install this? oh and i'm also dual booting

Antergos was a nice thing to have around. Giving newbies a way to try out arch in a live environment and then install it with your DE of choice via a GUI was pretty helpful.