I'm going home bros

I'm going home bros.

Attached: windows-7-home-pre-premium-cd-key.jpg (440x627, 41K)

Back to Africa?

Back to Israel?

Was never there.

I will miss it.

Windows 7 is a bloated mess of an OS. Fuck windows 7, it’s a piece of shit.

Trust me.
I'm there waiting for you and I have a nice little fire set up that will warm us up with cozy non-distracting design and a chill-out start menu. Unfortunately, you cant stay too long.

This. It's bloated and slow compared to WinXP.
All I want from Windows is literally Win XP experience, just with security updates and support for modern HW.
My only hope now is ReactOS I guess.

That's not Windows 95...

ReactOS is pointless right now. Literally doesn't work outside a VM.

What?

Wright in a benis. Why nothing works anymore.

Attached: 1557712018867.png (469x440, 221K)

This

Try 8.1, brother

I'm going home, bros.

Attached: deskmatefileman.png (640x480, 6K)

The dev team seems to advance very, very slowly.

what do I do when support for Win7 is dropped?

Just use Windows 10. Get over it.

Get over what?

Why isn't he catching pokemon creatures?

Maybe he doesn't want to endanger them in their natural habitats?

XP was a pretty shit OS.

gee who needs a win compatible os when there's wine on linux

Keep using. This isn't like the machine will stop of work. This just the end security patches.

care to explain yourself?

You'll only really need to jump ship when nobody else is using it anymore. As long as it's being used it's still relevant, so keep on using it.

>heavy as a fuck to 64MB machines P3 machines
>even in 128 machines was pretty slow
>insecurity until SP2
>bloated interface
>stupid recourses from win me like video maker
>unstable in many machines

I'm going home bros.

Attached: 121.jpg (760x427, 45K)

Why not try out GNU + Linux?

>less then a year support left

HAHAHAHA!

>heavy as a fuck to 64MB machines P3 machines
Obviously. 64 MB was standard in 1998/1999. XP was released in late 2001. In 90s a year old hardware was already outdated.
>bloated interface
Pic related is bloated to you?
>stupid recourses from win me like video maker
>unstable in many machines
meme reasons

Attached: FKUN86RHVGXJACF.png (800x600, 56K)

>Obviously. 64 MB was standard in 1998/1999. XP was released in late 2001. In 90s a year old hardware was already outdated.
>Obviously. 4 GB was standard in 2013/2014. 10 was released in middle 2015. In 00s a year old hardware was already outdated.
>Pic related is bloated to you?
>meme reasons
Same to Windows 10
XP was shit as 10.

Attached: temp.jpg (1629x1313, 353K)

Apples and oranges. Computer technology has been evolving much more slowly these past years compared to the late '90s and early 2000s. XP will just about run on 64 megs of RAM, whereas 10 will run comfortably on 4 gigs, as long as you don't do too much with it. In ways XP was ahead of its time, like Vista. Computers grew into both OSes after a few years of teething.

>Computer technology has been evolving much more slowly these past years compared to the late '90s and early 2000s
Which metric are you using? Your own opinion?
>XP will just about run on 64 megs of RAM, whereas 10 will run comfortably on 4 gigs, as long as you don't do too much with it. I
In a case, the system would be slow as a fuck and other will nearly crash if you open a browser isn't the default from that.
>In ways XP was ahead of its time, like Vista.
Which was the big leap XP made in comparison to 2k?

how to install it on asus b450 and ryzen 5? I'm getting a new pc by june but I heard it's completely nuts to get it to work properly.

I never left.

Attached: file.png (1600x900, 794K)

>XP was shit as 10.
XP doesn't do a bazillion things behind your back. XP doesn't update when you don't want to. XP didn't think it's smarter than user. XP was a simple OS that did what it meant to do, nothing more, nothing less. That's what I meant. Is that so hard to understand?
And I never said that 10 is bloated or too HW demanding. Learn to read and comprehend.

I just think that Win XP was the perfect balance between user-friendly experience and having things under your control.

Who here 8.1 /crew/?

*flex*

Actually it literally does.
I have I installed on real metal on a C2D.

Actually replaced my 32-bit XP operating system needs for specific automotive tools I use.

i said this 2 years ago but it's complete dogshit and not a single person is pleased with their windows 10 experience

im contemplating switching to linux because linux doesn't have problems that you can't solve, and windows 10 doesn't even work with bluetooth so even shit open source drivers at least might half work

forced end of life.

Attached: yourcomment.webm (318x208, 284K)

In my opinion, its Microsoft's job to maintain software and hardware compatibility and set the industry standard.

MS seems unable to maintain quality control over its software or hardware vendors, and even its own OS, which has grown enormous in size and scope, far beyond even the most advanced accounting procedures ability to maintain and organize.

When I buy a microsoft product, I want to know that the software I buy for it will work, that the hardware i buy for it will work.

Do the needful, street shitter. Wangblows is garbage.

When I buy a proprietary product, I expect certain things. I expect it to remain compatible for at least 5 years. I expect it to be simple and easy to use. And I expect it to do something useful, something that previous versions of the software were unable to do.

More importantly, I expect OWNER-ship of the product in question. I do not want to pay renewal or subscription fees to use the same product I purchased last year.

In other words, I expect Microsoft to honor its warranties and bill of sale. I do not want to pay for 'data'. I expect you to provide a valuable service that in some way benefits the consumer.

The problem is the fact that their NT kernel was never meant to connect to the internet. Rather than building a new kernel, they instead just keep patching it. If it were a tree house, it would be mansion sitting on top of a rotten tree.

Many people used to prefer the proprietary technology Microsoft provided for these very reasons. They preferred Microsoft because Microsoft products were reliable, simple to own and operate, and provided a valuable product or service.

I'll take your word for it.
Maybe its time someone started working on that.

>windows 7 is released
>Jow Forums: BAWWW THIS IS HORRIBLE FUCK WINDOWS 7 IM STAYING WITH AWESOME XP
>windows 10 is released
>Jow Forums: BAWWW THIS IS HORRIBLE FUCK WINDOWS 10 I'M STAYING WITH AWESOME 7
You fucking morons.

The NT kernel was developed for Windows 3.1. Just look at when 3.1 was released. Then look up Eternal September.

The difference is that W10 actually is horrible. Also, most people didn't say that in regards to W7. They said it in regards to Vista.

Yes they did, newfag. There were people on this fucking shit site CRYING about how fucking horrible 7 was and how they were NEVER GOING TO LEAVE XP BLOOHOOHOO XP FOREVER FUCK MICROSOFT.
And Win10 isn't horrible. Stop falling for stupid bullshit repeated by a bunch of gullible children.

Windows 10 has 2 sound settings and many more double as well and then this faggot comes along and calls it non-horrible.

Attached: alt-right inventor.jpg (450x338, 34K)

>Yes they did, newfag.
Any evidence to your claims?

>Stop falling for stupid bullshit repeated by a bunch of gullible children.
I've used it. It sucked.

I started with W 3.11 on a Packard Bell. The only Windows I've ever disliked was Windows ME, Windows Vista, Windows 8 (I went back to 7 before 8.1 came out, so I can't comment), and Windows 10. 10 is better than 8, but worse than everything else.

>what is LTSC

what do you mean not a single person is pleased with windows 10.

literally everyone is on windows 10 and enjoys it. if they didn't then it would get the windows 8 treatment and everyone forgot it existed.

People are. It's called "Linux Mint."

Windows 7 was 4 gigabytes in size. Windows 10 is over 20. Can you explain why?

Imagine wanting to stay in the past.

Times change and if you don't move with them, you get left behind and you become some looney extremist

Can you explain, in no uncertain terms, what windows 10 does? What does windows 10 do that windows 7 doesn't?

>imagine wanting someone to explain what a product does and how it improves their lives before taking their money..

Ads, tracking, and telemetry.

>evidence
Being on Jow Forums for longer than a few years. Sorry I don't have the fucking entire history of goddamn Jow Forums archived specifically for you newfags.
>It sucked
Compelling argument, baby duck.

I've been on Jow Forums since the end of 2007, and never saw any threads shitting on 7. I'm thinking you may have just been delusional. Either that, or you focused on a tiny minority.

I know what windows 7 did. It provided support for 64 bit CPU's. It had features like virtual memory, it provided support for wireless connectivity and internet access, it fully adapted to the DSL and cable modem standard. It provided multi-threading capabilities and allowed multiple instances of the same program to run at the same time. There are hundreds of improvements that windows 7 offered.

What did windows 10 provide?

Breaking working systems would bring you closer to the past than the future, because automation is the key of the future. If an update of today breaks your workflow of yesterday, you'll have no workflow tomorrow and are therefore more backwards oriented than before.

Sheep.

Okay, you're a liar. You didn't see the massive bawwing and boohooing about never leaving XP? Fucking yeah, right. Holy shit, what the living hell gets into you Dumbest Generation kids' minds so that you have to keep lying and lying just so you can win a fucking argument that you were lying about from the beginning? Get a fucking life, child.

>What did Windows 10 provide?
A modern OS that isn't about to fucking die and leave people with zero fucking support.

>Get a fucking life, child.
I never understood the Boomer meme on here until now. I'm 33, dude. Try pulling that stick out of your ass sometime. You just might like it.

your not exactly filling me with encouragement.

>A modern OS that isn't about to fucking die and leave people with zero fucking support.
excellent job dodging the question

Pentium to Pentium 2 to Pentium 3 to Pentium 4 each were pretty big steps, much more so than each gen. of the Core i series.

Windows 10 isn't "slow as fuck" with 4GB of RAM. It will even run with 2GB, though will use the system drive for paging more. Windows now is much better at adapting itself
according to the amount memory available.