Come home non trannie man

Come home non trannie man

Attached: devuan.jpg (800x450, 39K)

Other urls found in this thread:

chris-lamb.co.uk/posts/10-years-of-debian
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

A thread died for this. I'll stick with distros that don't have negroid names.

Devuan’s good but part of the issue is that the Linux kernel itself is now totally pozzed. Look at who directs kernel development, it’s the Platinum Level Linux Foundation members: Google, Intel, IBM, Samsung, and Microsoft.

Nope, it’ll be OpenBSD for me into the future. At least until I figure out more of Plan 9.

Attached: 8030800C-07BE-4643-B6EE-042CA0C4CDEB.png (800x599, 107K)

I use devuan. My next PC will be a GuixSD Gnu + hurd, libreboot compatible system tho.
Maybe RiscV/Power9 or some old shit

why shouldn’t i use Debian?

Because system d will delete your data, that’s what the d stands for.

Attached: DC1AD5C1-F57C-4434-8158-08E0973D7A30.png (500x647, 456K)

itt things that never happened

I'm on Gentoo, using OpenRC. I don't see a reason to use Devuan.

INSTALL GUIXSD

Attached: Wildebeest.jpg (711x1024, 265K)

Attached: AE1A4375-78D6-4414-9F4F-CF6971A30F87.jpg (800x602, 88K)

But I need certain non-free blobs and software!

hard drive failure

((((harddrive {{{{{{{{failure}}}}}}}))))

80% can't move to non-pozzed OS due to needing business kits like office suites, guaranteed compatibility between OSes, ease of adaptation and ease of use the new technology. One additional problem is than the current computer environment is already designated towards those big members = to transform any protocol to work with the sea of poo. It doesn't matter if your new tool is the most perfect tool ever made if there's no one to adopt it.
The other 19.9% are gaymers who are stuck in Microsoft tendrils until forever.

psst kid, you can use 3rd party repos or create your own, in a manner similar to debian's - only if you acknowledge that it's not in accordance with system's ethics and should be done privately.

Nostalgia, why you had to post this?

Cloud means that most people do their office work on a browser these days. There is no reason for any small to medium sized business to stick to Windows or the Mac.

how do I startx on guix?

>come home cis man

Sounds like a nigger name

Better than the alternative...

Attached: 9EBBA6EA-EF48-4729-BBE7-8A495301206A.jpg (800x600, 191K)

Give it back, Devuan.

>come home
but i already have

Attached: hyperbola.png (1280x298, 24K)

>GNU+Linux Devuan

Attached: DM9vIbk.png (1280x720, 725K)

No thanks, I prefer distros with reliable init systems.

1) download
2) install

this

>Jow Forums the thread

>mooom, evil gays invaded my init again! I need a different init because of technically negligible reasons and my bouts of paranoid schizophrenia!

>GuixSD Gnu + hurd, libreboot compatible system

Attached: 12Untitled1.png (484x472, 286K)

>he uses software without reading the source

Attached: 1544666455936.gif (280x304, 656K)

AYE YO DEVUAN
HOL UP
U BEE SAYAN
DIS OPERASHUN SYSTEMZ BE FREE?
I AINT GOTTA PAY FOR THIS SHIT THO?

>being this much of a faggot

>hur dur muh Debian is trannie because muh flashy community leader a role which doesn't hold any real power in Debians structure.

Chris Lamb will always be the real project lead I name but he is humble and reserved.
These days the only stuff that surfaces to the top in tech news is drama related.

If you are interested you should really hear it from himself his philosophy of the Debian ecosystem and how the position of project lead is merely a mouthpiece.

In reality Debian is all community based around federation where no real power structure is held and is anti authority.
It's very different from how other distros operate.

chris-lamb.co.uk/posts/10-years-of-debian

lol

project lead in name*

You can use a normal Linux kernel with GuixSD.
You don't have to use kernel-libre.

Devuan is nice. It's the only sane Debian based distro without systemd that offers a 64-bit ARMv8 image for the Raspberry Pi 3. Runs beautifully on it, too. Saves a ton of RAM, which is important on a board with 1GB. I also appreciate that it's a headless image that doesn't force XFECES or some other bloat DE onto users, which is shit on an ARM board.

OpenBSD isn't as good as people say. Also this is your daily reminder that it's not entirely free/open source, since it automatically downloads and installs non-free firmware during setup without the user's permission. Could be harmless but I don't trust it. OpenBSD also has a shit file system with no trim support on SSDs. I prefer Tribblix as a Linux alternative, since it offers ZFS DTrace, Zones, SVR4 packages, and other cool shit you'd expect from a Solaris derivative. It's a proper System V Unix system built by professionals and it really shows. The code is clean and secure, and I would trust Tribblix or even OpenIndiana to run critical hardware over OpenBSD any day.

There's no reason not to emulate Windows 3-7 to run legacy software either. MS Office was just fine around 2011 or so. Just use that, or just use Libre Office or some other similar open source office suite. WINE on Linux can also run Windows software.

>OpenBSD isn't as good as people say.
No, it’s better.

Attached: 7D597B28-EF04-44C5-AB20-5053D9F7BE30.png (765x768, 408K)

Why Hyperbola over Parabola?

>Devuan’s good but part of the issue is that the Linux kernel itself is now totally pozzed. Look at who directs kernel development, it’s the Platinum Level Linux Foundation members: Google, Intel, IBM, Samsung, and Microsoft.
yup