Be me

>be me
>kinda feeling bad for using a pirated version of photoshop
>I then install and try pic related since its free
>holy fucking shit, this crap is useless, so bad that it makes me wanna puke
Now I will rather pay for photoshop, if it's good, they deserve every single penny. No question why gimp and open-source software is so shit lmao

Attached: gimp_talleres_de_software_libre.jpg (800x480, 85K)

Other urls found in this thread:

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Fallacy_of_composition
github.com/arbaes/GimpPs
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

based

>feeling bad about over a mutli billion dollar tech company

Attached: 8d6.jpg (645x729, 48K)

try krita instead. gimp is a joke project that should be abandoned.

low effort bait
also use photopea nigga

GIMP is just an image manipulation tool. Photoshop is an image manipulation tool plus a shitton of other stuff rolled into one giant program.
That being said, GIMP and Krita served me pretty well as a photoshop substitute.

american morals come from wallmart

>What are usability patents

Why would you feel bad about it? Adobe is evil and they don't give a fuck about you, your opinions, and the fact that you are pirating their software.

Is that gimp2.4 or does it just look like that because you're running it on windowsME?

Attached: Untitled.png (800x800, 283K)

This is a pajeet who is used by wangblows, he has no sense of morality.

Every time there's a slow day in the Adobe mailroom, they put the voles on shill duty. If gimp is so bad, why does it scare adobe so bad they need to do this?

Attached: 1506879657888.gif (300x266, 3.43M)

>I will rather pay for photoshop
Lol, nice try shill. I'm not giving Adobe a fucking cent after their bullshit subscription forced updates thing.

generally UI and feature-wise it's a copy of Photoshop

>Not ricing it to look like photoshop

ttps://github.com/doctormo/GimpPs

>Goes on Jow Forums and says GIMP IS RETARDED

if you want superior experience using open source software

then you rice and configure you retard

>one open-source project sucks
>all open-source projects must suck
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Fallacy_of_composition

What are you trying to use it for? If you are a pro graphic designer then it probably wont be enough but if you are just doing small edits on images here and there it's fine. Also the UI isn't the best but neither is photoshop's, they both have learming curves

Download paint.net

You get used to it after a while. It's just a bit different workflow. I find Photoshop hard to use now.

Krita is for painting. GIMP is an image manipulation (editing) program.

affinity photo is good alternative, it is paid as well
gimp is shit
krita is good for painting

Get raped and kill yourself, you retarded fucking faggot sack of nigger shit with down sydnrome

>freetard software is shit
Wow who would've guessed.

I don't like the subscription system Adobe has. I would like to buy a license and own for the rest of my life.

Why exactly is GIMP so bad? You would expect given so many good programmers out there that enjoy getting into FOSS, GIMP would be great.

I use it every day

GREEN

Attached: quite a large pepper.jpg (10000x10000, 3.68M)

>>kinda feeling bad for using a pirated version of photoshop
said no one ever

Sad to say but its true.

Thank you mr. Rajesh, 15 rupees has been transferred to your account.

>that's a big pepper.
IS

Even then Krita it's better than GIMP at image manipulation, GIMP faggot Gnome devs can't even get color management right

t. doesn't know what Krita's for and doesn't know hot to use gimp gud.

It's just designed by people who don't do much image editing and actively try to deflect comparisons to Photoshop.
The codebase is also a large, old mess.

muh krita is for drawing not image editing!!!
kys you fucking retard. people have been using photoshop for both as the industry standard for decades. krita does BOTH better than gimp.

It isn't bad. Considering it's free, it's great.
People here think that pirating is a legitimate way to acquire software. GIMP and Photoshop don't play in the same playground.

>muh color management
It's the only argument against GIMP in this thread.

No
It doesn't even support CMYK, or any bit depth higher than 8 bpc
It's a joke program at absolute best, the only thing that makes GIMP usable it's G'MIC and that's entirely made possible by ImageMagick and available for Krita too

MY

git gud

PEPPER

GIMP 2.10 supports high bit depth images (up to 32-bit floating point) and added a bunch of shit for handling color management.
Still no CMYK, but I'm pretty sure there are zero people on or near the dev team that does any print work whatsoever.

I've used gimp for all my raster editing needs and it just works. Pretty much the only other raster editor I use is libre office for editing pdfs.

I'm not a faggot art student though so my raster editing needs are likely simplistic, but I imagine a good amount of Jow Forums is in the same boat. I don't understand this meme that you all have to act like everyone is some kind of professional draft engineer, video and photo editing rockstar ninja who happens to do 3d modeling.

0.02USD have been deposited into your Adobe Creative Cloud account.

at least have the decency to post a repo that isn't out of date
github.com/arbaes/GimpPs