youtube.com/watch?v=69WFt6_dF8g

Want help?
>State the budget & CURRENCY
>List your uses e.g. Gaming, Video Editing, VM Work
>For monitors include purpose & graphics pairing
>NO Speccy or "bottleneck checkers"

CPUs based on current prices
>Athlon 200GE - HTPC, web browsing, bare minimum gaming
>R3 2200G - Light 30-60fps gaming(dGPU optional). 2400G if you want a CPU which can last into a GPU upgrade
>R5 2600/X - Good 60fps+ gaming & multithreaded use
>9700k - Wait for new patched benchmarks
>R7 2700/X - Best value high-end CPU on a non-HEDT platform
>Threadripper - HEDT

>BE AWARE that Microsoft, Apple, and others recommend disabling hyperthreading on Intel CPUs. Be aware that Intel tried to bribe researchers to delay releasing the vulnerability by an extra 6 months so they could do another stock sell off and release you scam 10th gen CPUs with HT.

>Avoid buying CPUs for the next week as zen 2 based CPUs are being announced in less than 10 days

RAM
>NEVER use only a single stick
>8GB - very light use, and/or if you don't mind closing programs regularly
>16GB - standard amount. If you have to ask if you need more, you don't
>CPUs benefit from fast RAM; 2800MHz+ is ideal. Check "more" for true latency formula

Graphics cards based on current pricing:
1080p
>RX 570/580 - value.
>1660 - Slightly better perf for more demanding games on high/maxed 60fps+;
> 1660Ti / 1070 / Vega56 - higher framerates
1440p (WQHD)
>1070Ti / Vega - 60-120fps+ in most games on high/maxed
>2070 Overclocked or Radeon VII - Worth considering
>2080Ti - higher framerates
2160p (4k)
>Radeon VII - weaker than 2080ti
>RTX 2080Ti - good, but poor value.

Other
>Consider a larger SSD (better GB/$) instead of small SSD & HDD
>M.2 is a form factor, NOT a performance standard
>PLAN BUILD AROUND YOUR MONITOR IF GAMING

rentry.co/pcbg-more

Prev

Attached: 1558205875528.jpg (666x463, 67K)

Other urls found in this thread:

pcpartpicker.com/list/QhzC7W
pcpartpicker.com/list/MXzC7W
pcpartpicker.com/list/Y7fnP3
pcpartpicker.com/list/wrsvBb
tomshardware.co.uk/amd-radeon-rx-vega-64-undervolting,review-34035-2.html
newegg.com/silverstone-strider-essential-series-st70f-es-700w/p/N82E16817256072
techspot.com/review/1829-intel-core-i5-9400f-vs-amd-ryzen-5-2600x/
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

Are there any mITX cases available with 3 expansion slots? I'm working with pic related waiting on 7nm Ryzen and I've been entertaining the idea of going mITX this time around. My card is the hangup though and I'm not looking to slap a liquid block on it (thus making it single slot). Pic related is what I'm working with.

I'd be willing to use an AiO to replace my CPU air cooler if needed.

Attached: NewGuts[1].jpg (2048x1536, 939K)

EVGA or Seasonic?

Attached: 1557661814503.jpg (1080x1080, 109K)

Seasonic if you have the budget for at least a gold unit. Bronze doesn't matter, get what's cheaper.

Does your pic have a dick?I'm good going both ways, so guy or girls is equally good.

5ghz 12 cores??? can it be true? and for what price?

sure it could be true. But it's worthless to shitpost ITT about something no one has any concrete evidence of. Wait for official benches.

are we expecting the 3700x to be priced the same as the 2700x?

240GB ADATA SU630: shit or not? I just need something for USB3 enclosure that doesn't have completely shit controller (as in it doesn't overheat under load resulting in 100% I/O wait and all threads locked up; yes, that did happened to me). Honestly, 120GB would probably be fine, but the 630 has much better $/b than the 120GB SU650. Alternatively, a >16GB USB flash disk that is actually decent (approaches HDD speeds) and won't shit the bed after few r/w cycles would also be acceptable, but afaik they're all either shit or utter shit.

Attached: 1558428785675.jpg (640x480, 45K)

I would say most likely simply because AMD plays the pricing game rather well. It wouldn't help AMD to gain market share to suddenly sky rocket their prices.

$150 more atleast

What's a good graphics card to use with a 4k tv and some light/moderate gaming?

Almost got a 2600x today but going to hold on just a little longer.

The same or close to the original launch RRP of the 2700X, yes. Not the current prices.

>What's a good graphics card to use with a 4k tv and some light/moderate gaming?
What do you mean? You'll need a decent CPU for one. And you'll need a 1080 minimum for 4k.
4k is not cheap at all.

Do I get Strix vega 56 or for 100euros more a vega 64 Nitro+

What fucking dumb question is this?
Like who would even post that?

answer the question.

Strix overheats
Just buy a 2060

>What do you mean?
I assume the decent cpu is for the gaming? I just want yo be able to play on a 4k display without any sort of issues. Some 4E stuff in addition to watching videos

Get the pulse or red dragon 56. Strix is garbage, 64 isn't worth 100 more, unless the strix is somehow only 200 eurobux.

You don't need a really good GPU for watching 4k videos. Videos for the most part rely on the CPU.
With games you can just set it to 1080p. 4k can render all the smaller resolutions.

?

Attached: vega 56 strixx.jpg (1442x738, 215K)

Wrong, like the Xbox one X, the RX 580 can run 4k but at med settings 30fps.

Are you out of your mind?
Reddragon and pulse are the garbage ones, they have less heatpipes, less fans, less VRM components and more hotspots because of that.
How, how can you literally call something in the upper class garbage, while shilling something in the lower tier?
>64 isn't worth 100 more, unless the strix is somehow only 200 eurobux.
Strix is 400euros and vega 64 nitro+ is 500.

pcpartpicker.com/list/QhzC7W

Where will my bottlenecks be?

>DPM latency
user, if you are here reading, don't you meant DPC latency? I was wondering what the hell were you talking about (ESL here)
I was the one that originally posted the DAWBench pages from Scan Audio. And I admit they might be biased, as they sell prebuild systems, while only offering a single AMD one. I think all their systems use Asus strix boards, but then again, different mobo topology/components makes it a not so equivalent comparison.

Also, there are two sides of the audio production environment. Once is tracking and playback, which will depend on the windows scheduler and drivers (fuck wifi and nvidia), the mobo in question as you said.
The other, is when you are mixing, and have multiple instruments on your session. It requires playback, so you get the previous latencies, plus the processing power for it, and what I think is always the biggest culprit, the damn windows kernel scheduler. It is what seems to make NUMA designs perform like crap for real time audio (both Xeons and Threadrippers get low performance), and some anons here have called the chiplet design "semi-NUMA". And here, it also depends how well the particular plugins are designed, and I assume, that a lot are optimized for Intel specifics, in an effort to cheat latencies.

At the end, I believe the swedish user that started asking for a new audio focused build, went with a Ryzen 7, as his figurative toaster was falling apart, and needed a new PC now.

>Zen2 is the only one which will have a specific advantage.
Why though? I assume is due to PCIe 4, and the block diagrams for x570 showing USB I/O directly connected to the CPU, instead of going thru the chipset like in Intel's z390. Is this it?

Attached: zen2x570blockdiagram.jpg (859x888, 97K)

pcpartpicker.com/list/MXzC7W

r8

Asttaroth

you're beyond help, kill yourself.

>110 degrees
Lol
Imagine shortening the lifespan of your gpu to run a meme test

Cute picture

>108c hotspot
>100c vrms
Meanwhile the "inferior" pulse tops out at 75c.

>underclock, undervolt, limit max fps, use radeon chill to futher gimp performance
>why is my vega running so cool
hmmmm

Undervolting increases performance, the rest is retarded.
Cope more.

>Wrong, like the Xbox one X, the RX 580 can run 4k but at med settings 30fps.
Oh sorry. Thought we were talking about acceptable levels.
4k at low settings and 30fps is much worse than 1080p 60fps at high.

What abomination of a PSU is that!?

>Budget
£1250 GBP but as you can see I'm not being 'strict'
>Uses
Gaming, I want to play FFXIV and MHW (My friends have gotten into it and I want to give it a try). FFXIV I want to play at max settings, 1440p, 60+ FPS. MHW I'm happy to get what I can with the build.
>You keep postings this
Yes I know, but the advice has been very helpful and I've narrowed down the build to better and better over the past week. I get paid in 8 days and I'm getting ready to pull the trigger but these are my last minute checks.

Attached: build.jpg (1455x769, 119K)

>Undervolting increases performance
Undervolting just lowers the Voltage. That is all. It has absolutely no impact on performance.

Drop to 2600X and get better RAM. 3200C14 at least. Games won't benefit from spending 100 more on CPU but will greatly benefit from fast low latency RAM.
> I get paid in 8 days
Zen2 is going to be announced and potentially released on Monday.

Objectively wrong.

Attached: ok.png (627x629, 18K)

thanks for the ram advice, the price increase for the upgrade was minimal

>he doesn't know undervolting increases tdp

Do you have brain damage?

Attached: ok.png (625x414, 25K)

remi is always cute

Rip my build apart,

Https://pcpartpicker.com/list/qnBx8Y

General Gaming build (2 1080p displays), will get another 16gb next paycheck, and I do not have access to wired Ethernet so the Wi-Fi is required.

I have about $1500 total to work with

Which brand is the best for a motherboard ?

If you're only gonna use it for gaming don't get a Ryzen 7, costs more, extra cores won't help in most games out right now, lower clock speeds will make a lot of games actually perform worse.

>will get another 16gb next paycheck

If you're just gaming you don't need more than 16GB of RAM, save your paycheck and think about upgrading your Vega 56 and maybe your monitors to 1440p.

Got no response last thread and I'd really like to know if I'm doing well before I go ahead with this:

My old computer died on me this Sunday, I'm not entirely sure which parts work and which don't as I don't have other computers to try my components on, and I'm fucking desperate as I need to get another to continue working asap.

Budget < $550 USD
I made two lists, only variations being processor and mobo:

pcpartpicker.com/list/Y7fnP3 (Ryzen 3 1200; MSI - B350M PRO-VD PLUS)
pcpartpicker.com/list/wrsvBb (Ryzen 3 2200G; Gigabyte - B450M DS3H)

Form factor is MicroATX since I will need to import the parts into my country from the US. If I get the 2200G would I be able to get rid of the GPU? I don't do extensive gaming (maybe the most demanding game I played was Mortal Kombat X) and don't plan to record gameplay, if anything I'll do some basic video editing.

Save me Jow Forums, whatever I do I'll have to do right now

you guys think 8gb vram on a 2080 will be fine at 1440p or should i just pick up a 2080ti and skip the next 2 generations

B450M build looks decent, if you can stretch your budget a little more, consider getting a Ryzen 5 2600 over the 2200G, it has an extra 2 cores, hyper-threading and it's not even that much more expensive. You lose the integrated graphics but you've got a discrete GPU so you don't need those anyway.

>2700 non-x + 32GB for gaymen
>arctic meme
>no proper cooler to oc the crippled cpu
>not low latency ram
>not just getting a mobo with integrated wifi
>paying over $100 for fucking wifi
>Paying for windows
>what the fuck is that case
>all those fans and meme controller

Nice you trolled me

I havent kept up with how technology has been changing and advancing. In fact my pc is like 8 years old.

I wanted to build a new pc and spend like $2k on just the machine and initially I was thinking Intel and trying to build it so it would be upgradeable in the future as more new products became available. Now with intels latest bullshit I am starting to second guess this. I mostly just play video games, but I really know even less about whats happening on the AMD side of things. Which chip should I start researching? which chipset will be more apt to upgrades in the next few years?

Is Benq best 144hz 1440p?

t. retard
tomshardware.co.uk/amd-radeon-rx-vega-64-undervolting,review-34035-2.html

Anybody have experience with the Surface Go? Need something cheap and ultra-portable for taking some notes + ssh'ing onto remote boxes for light programming. Seemed promising because of the pen functionality.

I'd love to do this user, Ryzen 5 is what I would buy if this weren't an emergency and my budget wasn't so limited, but that B450M build already scratches the limit for my budget and I don't see any more options to cut corners and include the 2600, or even the cheaper 1600

Corsair 275R good at 69.99 cad.

it's an intro Surface that isn't terrible if you're not expecting a shit load of performance out of it. I.e. VM's and heavy encoding or anything. Surface keyboards are all dogshit as per usual though and is an additional $100-ish on top of the price of the device.

Everyone right now is playing the waiting game and holding their breath on the release of 7nm Ryzen coming out soon. No one has any realistic performance numbers of it yet. As it is, the R7-2700X isn't terrible. Ryzen as of right now (pre 7nm) DOES get beaten in some titles and some specific scenarios by Intel. I.e. trying to push 240HZ at 720p. HOWEVER Intel is currently going through a shit storm due to all the vulnerabilities. Undoubtedly, AMD and their AM4/TR4 socket are the best for longevity. There's even talk of the newest yet to be released 7nm AMD chips will fit and work with some AMD first generation motherboards. (Many of said boards have gotten BIOS updates alluding to such a thing)

The 4GB RAM and 64GB storage is what's got me leery. Gives me the impression it's gunna struggle to even deal with office applications and windows is gunna leave me with a whole 10GB of storage to actually use.

well it's not really meant for multi-tasking hardcore to be honest. 4GB RAM and 64GB should be enough for very basic use. However you should buy a USB stick or external drive.

Uhh in all seriousness, user, it sounds like you have thermal pad issues. ASUS Strix Vega 56 was well known for that problem. You can fix it for I think all their systems use Asus strix boards, but then again, different mobo topology/components makes it a not so equivalent comparison.
X470 Strix uses SupremeFX S1220 and Z390 Strix uses SupremeFX S1220A. Might make a difference.

Anyway, Nvidia, Intel, etc, all have/had DPM latency issues that can vary. It has nothing to do with the CPU.
>Why though? I assume is due to PCIe 4, and the block diagrams for x570 showing USB I/O directly connected to the CPU, instead of going thru the chipset like in Intel's z390. Is this it?
It's because on Intel (and current gen ryzen) the audio goes from audio chipset -> PCH -> CPU and back.
On X570 with the built in audio chipset it is just PCH -> CPU and back.

>Reddragon and pulse are the garbage ones
No they aren't. Lmao.
I hear the Pulse board can't handle extreme overclocking, but it's meant to be a lower power model. You can still put 230W through it fine.
>Strix is 400euros and vega 64 nitro+ is 500.
Sure at those prices, not worth it. v64 nitro+ was 410 euro recently.

2700X and the cooler is a waste of money for FFXIV and MHW.
I play FFXIV and MHW at 1440p at around 70-100fps with a 1600X and Vega 56.
Rest of the build looks good though, except the monitor looks like a really old model. I know EU and EU rejects have worse monitor selection so idk if you have the Acer V277U or whatever the model number is.

Increasing TDP doesn't mean average consumption is increased, you tard. And perf/watt is increased.

>On X570 with the built in audio chipset it is just PCH -> CPU and back.
Woops this is wrong
The audio is actually DIRECTLY on the CPU itself. So instead of 3 hops it just has 1 hop straight between the i/o and CPU.

newegg.com/silverstone-strider-essential-series-st70f-es-700w/p/N82E16817256072
i've been using this bad boy since 2011, should i swap it out when i rebuild my ancient potato or hold on to it?

I got someone who wants to buy my rig for 700$.

Specs:
i7 7700k
EVGA GTX 1080Ti FTW3
16 GB Ram
1 NVME 512GB SSD (m.2)
1 SanDisk SSD 512GB
2 1TB hardrives

I'm looking to build when Zen 2 comes out, but I'd have to wait around a month (plus some). Is it worth to sell for 700$ now or sell after Zen 2?

Shoutout to the based user who kept telling people RTX will be shit in the weeks before it came out. I have a top-tier 1080 ti I got for well under $500 just before release, and it’s looking like better value every day.

>DVI-I to VGA splitter arrives
>plug in both CRTs
>computer can't detect the CRTs as different monitors
>boot into Slackware
>same issue
>realize a splitter does just that: splits the displays
Do DVI-D or HDMI to VGA converters have to be the active kind in order to send out an analog signal?

Attached: 1419793607029.jpg (417x349, 32K)

I think we are looking at this from a different perspective.
For my monitoring and tracking system, I dont use the onboard audio chipset, at all. It is even disabled in the BIOS.
All the DAC work is done on the external USB interface.
But then, that brings into light some details.
1. I have no idea if the guys doing the benchmarks are using onboard, PCIe sound card, or external interface, when performing the tests. This adds its own uncertainty.
2. Both will have latencies in current gen, as in both z390 and x470, the usb i/o block goes to the chipset first, then CPU, and back.
Therefore, whatever the user ends up using in x570, he might see an improvement, as both usb and audio codec chipset, are communicating directly to the CPU...
But, I found this block diagram in Asus forums, which goes against what you said regarding i/o -> PCH -> CPU. The real difference seems to be the double bandwidth with PCIe 4.

Attached: amd_x470_bd.png (725x501, 105K)

why tf would you sell this for $700 is my question

Biostar

>All the DAC work is done on the external USB interface.
Ryzen currently has USB on the SoC. Intel does not. Ryzen has lower latency there and is thus less liable to have any audio popping issues due to latency.

It can be difficult to figure out which 2 USB are actually connected to the SoC, though.

BUY BIG BUY BIOSTAR.

What are the risks of buying a used CPU off AliExpress or eBay?

I don't even know if I should sell.
I posted a 1150 price and this guy just wants the 1080Ti inside.
I'm just looking to get AMD for a linux build.

Radeon VII for (actual) 4k gaming.

Oh, so the $700 is just for 1080 ti? I guess you could get a new VII with that, but even on Linux it will still be slower than what you have right now. I would only consider it if you need the money now. You have a very capable machine as it is anyway, so there’s no point in selling and making a new build besides for the sake of it.

Keep the 1080ti. Buy and put in a 1050/1050ti/3gv 1060. Sell it to some inturd/nvidiatard for 800-1000 buckaroos.

Building a new PC. Need fast single core speeds for x-plane 11.

Any reason not to get a 9700k?

Then what's the point of having a good GPU

feeling cute might delete later

Attached: IMG_20190522_022744.jpg (2541x1906, 877K)

>Any reason not to get a 9700k?
It's intel and will keep losing more performance each year.

I’ll swap it out for a Zen2 if it offers better performance but I can’t wait that long. Buying this shit in about a week.

As long as you're aware you'll need to replace the mobo if you're swapping to zen 2 then go ahead.

No shit.

>I’ll swap it out for a Zen2 if it offers better performance but I can’t wait that long.
You'll just get duped by memes and fake benchmarks which managed to disable the spectre/meltdown mitigations anyway while blaming windows for your stutters when multitasking.

Will a b450 board and Zen2 work together out of the box

b450 will need a bios update

Zen2 cannot come soon enough. I've been holding back on buying a new rig now for almost 6 months. I was going to originally go with a 9700k.

Why did Jow Forums talk me into buying a 2060? I regret my purchase.

Upgrading from a 2500k. Is it worth grabbing a 2600x right now considering they're only £140.

Get an i5 9400F, it has better gaming performance than the 2600x.

>>Why did Jow Forums talk me into buying a 2060?
>Literally every time the 2060 is mentioned someone points out how the Vega 56/64 is better value/stronger, and how all the RTX cards are shit value
Don't blame Jow Forums for your research shortcomings and for falling to the Nv*d*a jew

what's a good wireless network adapter for around $50

Regarding Intel cpu's, have they taken a hit in performance yet or will they at some point?

The built-in wifi on your premium motherboard that, nonetheless, is less than $50 more than the motherboard without wifi. Pretty much any will work as long as it's not slower than what your ISP offers.

Radeon VII now? Or wait for Radeon VII (navi)?

What will be the difference? Will it be a huge difference?

Oy vey
techspot.com/review/1829-intel-core-i5-9400f-vs-amd-ryzen-5-2600x/

I have i5 9400F + RTX 2060 and games run great at 1440p.

Was planning on building a pc soon but saw this setup on eBay and had to snap it up.

GPU:
Nvidia GTX 1080 Ti w/ NZXT X42 140 mm radiator & NZXT bracket Kraken G12

CPU:
intel core i7 6700K (delidded hehehe) w/ NZXT X72 triple 120 mm radiator

RAM:
32 GB Gskill trident Z RAM

Storage:
512 GB samsung 950 pro SSD
1 TB western digital HDD

Motherboard:
Gigabyte motherboard Z170x GD5

Case:
Fractal design R6

And like 5 other fans. Managed to snag it for $1100. I think it would’ve cost roughly ~$1800 to build myself, even with used parts. Seller also claims it can reach 4.80 GHz @1.45 volts (not sure how significant that is) without issue on a preset he made.

Anything I should go about improving on it? How’d I do? The specs aren’t out yet, but could it be reasonable to assume it may be able to run Cyberpunk 2077 at 4K 30fps?

Have to do the update or disable HT.
Wonder if that means it doesn't affect the 9700k and shit at all since no HT anyways.