Friendly reminder to clean-install your operating system at least once a year to get rid of any cruft and garbage that...

Friendly reminder to clean-install your operating system at least once a year to get rid of any cruft and garbage that has built up with regular use!
GNU/Linux users aren't immune to OS rot, enough in-place version upgrades on non-rolling release distros will eventually break things!

Attached: akari 9883.jpg (1405x1515, 294K)

go fucking jump off a cliff, you feces-covered nigger faggot weeb manchild.

Hi Akarin

I actually just wiped and reinstalled. It'd only been a few years but I wanted to try a new distro.

Attached: 1529060176016.png (316x345, 105K)

fpbp

>tfw W10
>W10 actually does a full clean install, then migrates all my data over to the new install and then renames the old Windows folder to C:\Windows.old on feature upgrades
>tfw clean installing while keeping all my settings and programs forever

Attached: 1545979198119.png (460x406, 95K)

cute thread ben

user
I w-will do that right away.

I like to reset my phone and tablet every 6 months and my PC yearly. It's time

Attached: 1558495590725.jpg (580x580, 196K)

I want to do a clean install but my mom has some files on her account and I don't want to delete them. HELP?

don't mess with your mummies computer

It's actually my computer but I made a guest account for her when she visited me last month and she has some files on there.

20 years in the future, your mom will still reference this one time you used her computer to do literally anything and complain how you broke the computer.

Just backup the files retard.

Thanks, but no thanks, NixOS is self cleaning. OS-Rot isn't a problem with immutable systems ^w^.

>GNU/Linux users aren't immune to OS rot
is this true? how can linux even compete then?

I never install anything on my computer why'd I need to re-install windows?

>GNU/Linux users aren't immune to OS rot
it is

An atomic system image is immutable. Therefore, my system does not suffer from OS rot.

the best part is that it's fun to reinstall an os aswell

Attached: d533848bee6ced75db92283ee4b49c0b.png (600x800, 491K)

I use mirror zfs as my root drive with ECC ram.

I don't get bit rot sweetie.

I use Arch so I don't ever have to clean install.

>bit rot = os rot

Attached: 1453967606770.jpg (820x811, 101K)

OS rot isn't a real term.
Your OS sucks at cleaning up caches and uninstalling stuff that leaves remnents behind.

COPEEEE

I feel this
this has happened to me

agreed, cute anime girl!

she's my wife, thankyou i tell her everyday

Attached: 1e2925ab5dd11b0536f9953a4dafc3df.png (736x753, 389K)

>I think everyone else is capable as me.
I use to think that for the most part before using Jow Forums. Now I understand most of you are unable to maintain a installation for whatever reason. Its just weird because I don't consider myself knowledgeable at all.

I have a Fedora 30 install that has been upgraded since Fedora 10. Only retards wipe their OS because a config file is broken. Find it and fix it like a man.

FRIENDLY REMINDER THAT IF YOU WATCH, STORE AND SHARE DISGUSTING POORLY DRAWN PEDO CARTOONS (AKA ANIME), YOU HAVE NO RIGHT TO EXIST AND SHOULD TERMINATE YOURSELF ASAP

Akari!

Attached: 1558490170624.png (334x346, 95K)

what anime is she from?

What's a cruft?

Attached: retarded_tranny.jpg (780x457, 22K)

go back

based

It kinda is fun. I hate the thought of doing it, but once you get started it isn't all that bad.

What Windows Distro should I install?

i want to nakadashi kanna while sucking her toes

fuck off cunt, she's mine and mine only

Attached: 61276475_p0.jpg (800x556, 347K)

Go drink some bleach, shit for brains.

Yuru yuri

the best Jow Forums related anime

Attached: 3.jpg (640x960, 87K)

Kek

I hate when programs shit all over my system, especially directly in my $HOME, instead of their designated containment ~/.config space.

So I completely format my drive from time to time and reinstall arch with custom script that I made. Takes only about 30 minutes to start fresh and configure everything.