Clear Linux

Holy shit. Is this fast. How come nobody told me about it before?

Attached: proxy.duckduckgo.jpg (474x361, 8K)

Other urls found in this thread:

clearlinux.org/documentation/clear-linux/guides/telemetrics/telem-guide
reddit.com/r/Gentoo/comments/7wtopg/how_does_gentoo_compare_to_clear_linux/
linux.slashdot.org/comments.pl?sid=8605583&cid=51289245
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

>t. desperate intel shill

It's 40% slower now on certain hardware.

>How come nobody told me about it before?
Because you are the only one who thinks clear linux is a decent distro, i.e you are the retard who keeps shilling about it nonstop.

Because everyone here had a faster distro to tell you about already and you never listened.

Attached: gentoo-logo.png (666x800, 119K)

Is there any ganoo +/ linus distro like Clear but for AMD?

how is gentoo better than clear?

cope.

>no systemd bloat
>you choose what modules in a package to install instead of installing the whole thing
>an easy interface is provided to hand-perform all the optimizations for your architecture that clear linux provides for intel hardware, or even more optimizations if you can find more things to optimize
>the source code of each package is accessible for you and there's an integrated way to reinstall from a modified source so you can easily optimize even more by going in and actually manually stripping out lines of code you don't want
and most importantly:
>not a corporate botnet

Show benchmarks proving you got it to run faster and what optimizations you used, which I assume were more than simply copy-pasting their kernel patches and perf profiles.

I'm not gonna modify code or try obscure optimizations just to make a program slightly faster. I have a job. Therefore clear linux is better at having fast os without any bullshit.

What, and install a corporate botnet on my hardware? And ruin my carefully arranged gentoo install
Gross. No. You do it if you want to know so badly, your computer is already infected anyway, and if you love your spyware OS so much, you can just reinstall it when you're done -- much more readily than I can reinstall gentoo to my exact liking, anyway.

But since you asked so nicely, here are some benchmarks anyway.

Attached: benchmarks.png (1000x1000, 515K)

But it does have bullshit.
>integrated corporate spyware
>systemd

>what is source code
>bla bla bla Spyware systemd corporate
This just proves you don't have a valid argument to proves gentoo has a better performance than clear Linux.

>>bla bla bla Spyware systemd corporate
This IS my valid argument.
Do you have a counterargument to prove it's not valid?
Anyway, did you even check my superior bench Marks?

>this is MY valid argument
No. This is just buzzwords.

It's still fast af on amd :)

How are they buzzwords? Spyware and systemd are real and serious problems.
Anyway, I showed you my bench Marks, unless you can produce better bench Marks on Clear Linux I stand by my position that Gentoo is faster

what fast? what fast what?
dont talk like a fucking kid op those clear linux have a better system preformence than debian/ubuntu?? I dont think so fagot..
i dont like when people use the fast term in tech related subjects its sound so stupid..
by the way burn and die

Nice strawman post, Intel shill.

>Show benchmarks proving you got it to run faster
google it retard it's common knowledge unless youre retarded

Fuck off pajeet

faster than any other shit distro, faggot. that's what i meant.

The fact that you got mad that I called you an Intel shill further proves you're an Intel shill. If you actually believed anything you posted, you'd approve of your post being called a strawman by an Intel shill, because it would be covering more bases for you. Your post itself would cover against Clear Linux supporters who don't think you sound like an idiot, and the claim that your post is a strawman by an Intel shill would cover against Clear Linux supporters who *do* think you sound like an idiot.

Wrong. Gentoo is faster, I proved it with my bench Marks just like you requested.

Attached: intelshill.png (1000x1000, 308K)

>The fact that you got mad that I called >you an Intel shill further proves you're an >Intel shill
The fact that you got mad that I called you an pajeet further proves you're an pajeet..

By what reasoning? I gave you my reasoning for my claim that the fact that you got mad that I called you an Intel shill further proved you're an an Intel shill. My reasoning for that claim was very specific to the specific thing I called you and the specific argument you were making before I called you that. Here, you're trying to generalize my claim to turn it against me, but you made no attempt to generalize the reasoning along with it, and if you did indeed try to do so, you'd fail.
Anyway, what is "an pajeet?" Did you perhaps mean "a pajeet?"

>what is "an pajeet?" Did you perhaps >mean "a pajeet?"
>pajeet == pajeet
yes i mean pajeet.. thats you..
and why am i an intel shill again?
the only one that shilling is you by saying "whoa wow fuck so fast!"
when its just another repo, nothing special or new.. there are above 1000 gnu/linux distros what make that so wow??
sounds like shilling to me.

>the only one that shilling is you by saying "whoa wow fuck so fast!"
That's not even me.
>and why am i an intel shill again?
Because the argument you're making against Clear Linux is so comically shitty and poorly written that the only explanation is that you must be making a shitty argument on purpose to make the rest of the Clear Linux shills in this thread look smarter by comparison. I thought I already made that quite clear by accusing you of creating a strawman.

>integrated corporate spyware
substantiate your claims. its open source so it should be easy for you

clearlinux.org/documentation/clear-linux/guides/telemetrics/telem-guide

it's optional. next time do your research before coming to conclusions.

>it's optional.
And?

huh

Doesn't matter. Corporate spyware should be opt-in, not opt-out. On principle, I refuse to support any kind of software that makes a policy of assuming it's okay to violate your privacy until you tell it to stop.

>so comically shitty and poorly written
most of Jow Forums is a shitposting.. grow up pajeet..
>Clear Linux shills in this thread look >smarter by comparison.
and thats making you feel something?
>the argument
this is not an argument

>and thats making you feel something?
Yeah, it's pissing me off, because you're obviously doing it on purpose to shill for Clear Linux, which is a corporate spyware piece of trash, you dishonest Intel shill.

You didn’t even read the page, did you?

oh fair enough, that's very clear spyware.

I read enough to know it's opt-out rather than opt-in. That's enough for me to reject it off hand.

Gentoo maintainers are too pussy to use the same compile flags as Clear because compile times will double and potentially break applications for older architectures.

Gentoo maintainers don't choose what Gentoo users' compile flags are.

i never install Clear Linux and i dont give a fuck like 99.9% of the anons here.
if you think "shilling" is such a powerfull way to spread malware you are a fucking brainlet..
you can go back to your local machine

during installation you have the option to turn it on.

They determine what flags are available to pick and choose from.

reddit.com/r/Gentoo/comments/7wtopg/how_does_gentoo_compare_to_clear_linux/

Inb4 reddit. First result for Gentoo vs Clear Linux.

>if you think "shilling" is such a powerfull way to spread malware
Never said I thought this. In fact I don't.
I stand by my claim that you are an Intel shill throwing up a paper-thin strawman.

It's turned on regardless. You have to turn it off if you want it off.
reddit

it's your opinion. doesn't change the fact that Clear is the best distro out there.

So this is the inquisitive nature of the average Linux user uh? What a fucking retard

Don't worry, you won't notice a difference on your aging thinkpad.

How is it retarded to refuse to support corporate botnet under any circumstances?

>intel shill
go back to your home station

Attached: 1557416406147.jpg (546x700, 136K)

It’s the same as the popularity contest in a Debian installation, so please sperg out on it too or you’re just a shithead

Kek

You should be more specific to what is botnet about Clear. Telemetry is opt-in, but you wouldn't know thst because you've never used the live CD or examined the source code.

>To replicate that level of performance on Gentoo we could copy those patches and extend the use of profile-guided optimisation
omfg, gentoo incels on suicide watch.

Doubles compile times and LTO will break shit if it's applied to everything.

Why would I ever install Plebian?
Anyway, no, it's not the same at all. Plebian's dick-sucking contest doesn't promote corporate botnet. (That's Ubuntu's job, remember?)
t. intel shill

No, telemetry is opt-out. You're saying it's opt-in because you're a shill.

Are you retarded?

Sweety, you’ve been proven wrong because telemetry is opt-in but since you, like a perfect Jow Forums+Jow Forums user, can only read headlines and sometimes the first few lines on an article, you are uncapable of admitting that you’re full of shitty presuppositions about the world

You literally have to check the box to enable it in the installer. Stop sperging out because your favorite distro is now inferior to Clear.

Uncapable isn't a word.
Anyway, no, you're wrong, telemetry in Clear Linux is opt-out, and therefore I will never support it.
Also, I will never support any OS that natively features corporate botnet whether it's opt-in or opt-out anyway.

Because Gentoo exists.

>You literally have to check the box to enable it in the installer.
No, that's incorrect.

Attached: serveimage.png (960x540, 391K)

i think your an intel shill
your doing a triple shit shilling

Not that it actually matters, since all corporate botnet is trash and I'll never stand for it, but telemetry is still enabled in that screenshot. Only the telemetry controlled by the installer option to enable or disable telemetry is disabled.

[citation needed]

Think what you like. My position is against Intel shilling here, so the more people in this thread are accused of being Intel shills, the better for my position. It doesn't matter one bit if one of the accused happens to be me.

Are you blind? The citation is right there on the screen.

Attached: citation.png (726x229, 27K)

OP fell for the higher single core speed instead of the chad multi core speed.

Many such cases

Attached: 1551330778849.png (657x527, 33K)

You're claiming telemetry elsewhere occurs.

>if it's disabled the it is on.
brainlet retarded.

Yes, and that right there is the proof.

It clearly says it’s disabled, are YOU disabled too user?

>It clearly says it’s disabled
Exactly. Hard proof that telemetry is running.

Stop being a gaslighting retard. No shit you can toggle the option in the installer, and by default its disabled. You're claiming that despite that, some other form on telemetry is still running in the background.

your effort is ridiculous
What do you get from this?
Who cares what you think or your clerical ideology?
Instead of using the time with free software development, you are lecturing here about malicious hardware.
Dont you feel a little bit wasted?

>You're claiming that despite that, some other form on telemetry is still running in the background.
Yes, and I've already given the proof in that screenshot.

>Dont you feel a little bit wasted?
What are you even talking about? I've never had alcohol in my life.

That's not how it works. If anything, show us where in the source code it's occurring. But I guess it's a big assumption you can even read and write C code.

linux.slashdot.org/comments.pl?sid=8605583&cid=51289245

It’s not a proof, a proof would be you actually looking into the source code to see if it’s running. But since you aren’t capable of doing so you are just making up shit

No. Why would you even say mean things like that?

>no package manager

What do you mean it's not proof? The fact that you can't see the proof in that picture is the most retarded thing I've read all night.

>2016
The distribution has changed a lot, I know that in your slackware install you still have packages from the last ice age but posting old-ass shit from years ago is proof of nothing

I'll never support a distro with built-in corporate botnet.

Literally scroll down; you voluntarily opt-in through the installer - exactly here .

see:

>I've never had alcohol in my life.
maybe its time fagot..
you sound a bit nervous
from the fact that you are dealing with nonsense like who shilling where..

When you install ice-cat the first page that opens up is the one where you tick all the boxes you need in order to customize your privacy options. The fact that some are unchecked by default (meaning the browser knows what is enabled or not) means that there is “telemetry” at work now? What a fucking dumb piece of shit

You have a room temperature IQ. Come back when you have found it in the source code that is available to everyone to examine.

Why would I ever use ice cat? Like I said, I'll never support software with built-in corporate botnet. Disgusting.

No. I'll never support Clear Linux because it has corporate botnet. Frankly I couldn't actually give less of a shit whether you have to opt in or not.

>t. someone who is incapable of reading and writing C

You are just straight up trolling here man, unless you are using lynx right now every other browser is less free than FSF-approved ice-cat. Please go back to your mancave and let the rest of the world not be stuck in the 70s

Not so. If you insist on challenging me on that, throw C code at me and I can tell you what it does.

I just didn't try in this case, because I don't care. I care more just that the corporate botnet exists in the software at all. For that reason, I'll never support Clear Linux.

>unless you are using lynx right now every other browser is less free than FSF-approved ice-cat.
ungoogled chromium