/spg/ - Smartphone General

Honor 20 Edition

If requesting purchasing advice, please provide your country and what carrier you will be using it with, along with wanted features, budget and size.

Good Resources:
>Reviews, Specs, Comparisons
gsmarena.com
phonearena.com
kimovil.com

>Frequency Checker
kimovil.com/en/frequency-checker
frequencycheck.com
willmyphonework.net

>Chinkphone news
gizchina.com
gizmochina.com

>Visual Phone Size Comparison
phonearena.com/phones/size

>Recommended Chinkphones
pastebin.com/sQbs83pY

>Post a mini-review of your phone
>Discuss upcoming and current models
>Ask for help related to phones
>Tell us how much shekels you spent on good/bad phone

previous thread

Attached: Honorglobal_2019-May-21.jpg (2048x1153, 179K)

Other urls found in this thread:

asus.com/zentalk/in/thread-9782-1-1.html
trac.ffmpeg.org/wiki/Encode/MP3
gsmarena.com/battery-test.php3?idPhone=9689#show
twitter.com/AnonBabble

So are we fleeing the botnet?

Wanted to buy S9+ in Yurop but realized they only ship Exynos versions here. It's not fair bros.

I'm in italy with Vodafone and I'd like to buy a fast and slick (like the op7 pro) phone with a great everyday camera (in an ideal world a combination of the p30 pro by night and galaxy10+ snapdragon by day) and a great battery life (like the p30 pro): there's no fret so I'm considering waiting for the pixel 4 xl (or are pixel phones a meme?), idgaf about budget so hit me with your purchasing advice please

is it a good call to buy a mi 9 right now?
>k20 pro is a replacement for poco f1, so like poco f1 it probably won't have bands i need
>can get it for $400

also has anyone bought from banggood and are they legitimate? should i hold off a little longer, will the price continue to drop or is this the moment to buy?

just wait a week.

Get the HK version with SD845, model number G9650, it's available on eBay and eGlobal Central.

for what? xiaomi doesn't generally put US LTE bands in their flagship killer phones, so i doubt k20 pro or the upcoming mi a3 will have the bands i need. mi 9 has the bands i need, has the latest processor and has all the specs i want/need. you anticipate the price dropping more by next week? i mean it for sure could, it has dropped from $500 to $400 in the time i've been watching it, but who knows maybe it goes back up in cost a little. it's technically on sale which is why it's only $400

I want to buy a new Chinkphone with a budget of $200 or less, what's the best for the price? I'll buy it offline, bands are irrelevant.

Just buy it you retard, it's got what you need, who cares about anything else?
Redmi Note 7.

>i'll buy it offline, bands are irrelevant
why would you buy a smartphone to not use as a phone? you realize you have to use the bands if you want to connect to a cellular network to use it as a phone right?

but redmi note 7 is what you're asking for.

>A fucking hole in the screen
What the fuck were they thinking?

What about the Realme 3? A friend of mine suggested that?

Maybe he doesn't live somewhere where bands are a problem, burger. I'm sure any phone can work in most, if not all countries in Asia.

Chinks provide the bands for Egypt in the models sold locally.

Fuck no. It's got shittier specs. Never fucking buy a non Snapdragon Android phone.

I see, thanks. :)

Are you MAN ENOUGH to do the RIGHT THING?
HUH?

Huawei is such a fucking rip off, they keep making inferior phones to phones currently on the market but charging more. Honor 20 lite has the same fucking chip as Honor 10 lite, but just 4GB of ram as opposed to 3GB and upgraded cameras. Honor 20 has the same chip as P30.

Do they really need to keep releasing similarly spec'd phones every month? Who tf keeps buying these samey models month after month?

When's the K20 Pro announcement? I hope it's good, otherwise I'll buy the Op7 Pro

28th it comes out in india are the latest rumors

You expect it to mog the OnePlus 7 Pro? Apart from the cheaper price, the presence of the jack and maybe expandable storage, it will have NOTHING more to offer. Absolutely NOTHING.
Sucky sucky my dingy dongy if you think otherwise. If you already want the best chinkphone money can buy then get the Pro, otherwise just fuck off.

i pray that k20 has flat screen + burger bands
otherwise for me, it's the op7p

k20 is not likely to have burger bands

Well it will have a flat screen but if you want a nice flat screen SD855 flagship, get the fucking Zenfone 6. It's burger certified, it has the notification LED over the K20 Pro(I'm not sure but I doubt it will have one), a far better stock OS experience and all. Just get it. Fuck the K20 Pro. Chinky chinee chicom shite.

King chinkphone is either the P30 pro or the Mi9, OP is minnaxing too much to be seriously considered. They'll probably fix all those issues with the OP7T later this year, so looking forward to that.

Huawei doesn't count because it's got abysmal locked down software and it's literal PRCware and Mi 9 is for poor losers, absolutely the poorest most disgusting flagship chinkphone you could buy. It goes like this:
OnePlus 7 Pro
Zenfone 6
that's it. Fuck the rest.

They'll probably release a global version a couple of months later with yuropeen bands and translated rom.

What do you use for navigation? I use Fluid Navigation Gestures and have it set up like pic related, but I wonder if you, Jow Forumsents, use more efficient and elegant solution.

Attached: Screenshot_20190522-123742_Fluid_NG.png (1823x2048, 249K)

anyone have a curved edge phone? how bad is it? is it worth giving up muh perfect oled blacks for Zenfone?

>Mi 9
>OP is minnaxing too much
>both OP and Mi 9 lack the jack
>both OP and Mi 9 lack expandable storage
>both lack the useless meme wireless charging tech
>lol bro Mi 9 rocks, fuck OnePlus
just fucking MAN UP God Damn IT, didn't mommy and daddy (or daddy and daddy since you're such a FAGGOT) teach you to do the RIGHT THING? Jesus holy FUCK. Just FUCK OFF.
ONEPLUS/ZENFONE OR BUST
JUST FUCK YOU IF YOU THINK OTHERWISE.

Zenfone has a flat display, what the fuck are you on about holy fuck you stupid CUNT you STUPID FUCKING CUNT

shut the fuck up, shill.

I use MIUI's gesture navigation.

>posts objective facts
>lol fuck off shill
you can buy the Zenfone too, it's a good phone but fuck off with the Xiaomi shit, you're the Xiaomi shill.

I mean the Zenfone is cheap as fuck enough, it's an acceptable alternative to the 7 Pro. Why the hell would you buy the Mi 9 over it? Are you THAT fucking poor? Holy shit bro, holy shit, it's so over for you.

???
trying to decide between muh blacks (op7p) + cringe curve
or chad flat zenfone + light bleed
what's confusing bro

The Mi 9 is also $400.

probably not, they never released a pocophone f1 with burger bands. xiaomi has only ever released a handful of phones that work on american networks

>$500 LCD screen
No.

>mi 9 lacks wireless charging

you're wrong, thus your opinion is clearly wrong in addition. fuck off zenfone shill, nobody wants your fucktarded LCD panel

>oled over LCD
>wireless charging
>a reputable company vs. zenfone being objectively the worst phone manufacturer of all time

if things stay the way they are will i have google play store on p20 pro 4 months from now? if not what phone should i replace it with?

Not him, but most reviews on the new zenphone are rather positive and praise the new OS and Asus for getting rid of the shitty bloatware.

>rather positive
that's poo in the loo verbiage, shoo shoo poo in the loo; shills get killed

How is asus s update history on the recent zenfone phones?

suck the shit from my ass

Yeah whatever, didn't bother to look that garbage up
imagine buying a Mi 9 over a Zenfone or a OnePlus just LOL
abloo bloo
OP7P if you can afford it and want a true Flagship Experience™
Apple uses LCD too, ibbly boo, oobely boo

Sloppy as fuck.

>Apple uses LCD too, ibbly boo, oobely boo
no they don't dumbass

fucking zenfone shills are literal brainlets lmao

>Apple uses LCD too
Don't make me.

Attached: Satania GIF.gif (540x266, 1.42M)

anybody bought from banggood? was it a good experience?

>Apple uses LCD too
their current flagships X, XS and XS Max are all OLED

Am I redpilled for waiting till August to buy the Note 9? The camera is still good, the features are godly, it's gonna be super cheap in my shithole when the Note 10 (which has incremental upgrades and pillshit notch anyway). I love, love, love the copper color of it. Modern phones all have shitty gradient backs that looks like ass.

XR has an LCD panel, I compared the Zenfone with it since it's an 'entry level' iTurd and it's still far more expensive LOL fuck right off cunts

Does anyone know?

Im getting this banana once lineageos releases suppport

stop me

Attached: galaxy-s10e-yellow.png (1200x800, 211K)

I admire you, you can use a phone despite a notch or the fucking pillhole.

see

okay okay. im holding it in and wait for holeless phone or go s9

What's the best phone to buy if I feel lonely and horny all the time?

Just buy it if you can stand the pillhole, it's no big deal then. I'm assuming small form factor is important to you, if not, just get the Note 9. It has a sexy copper color too.

the s10e does not have a pill hole

>Who tf keeps buying these samey models month after month?

tech illiterate people that watch phone "review" channels

>buy a phone a year ago
>says it has dual SIM options
>test out dual SIM feature today
>doesn't read second SIM
Of course it's too late to take it back. I regret buying this phone.

Attached: maury.gif (320x240, 2.73M)

Compra il xiaomi Mi9. lo trovi per 400€

giga brainlet here, how do i get best music quality on my phone, i have like 600 songs on my phone (not using streaming apps), they are all mp3 format. how do i improve quality to the best lvl?

Yo I found someone selling their iPhone X for $225, is it worth it? It has no visible cracks, some scuffs on the side but otherwise new. It's unlocked as well.

OIS is for nerds, EIS is all you need as long as you're not a total spaz who can't hold his phone straight.
I just can't wait to buy the Zenfone 6. Nothing beats having a main camera as a selfie snapper.

Redownload them as FLAC, listen with open back wired headphones for best results. I'm using an HD 598 and it's just fantastic. Fuck closed back cans.

check if the bitrate of the mp3s is

I almost wanted to go with the Zenfone 6 until i found out, that the Zenfone 5 got a OTA that made cell and data stop working.

i see flac files are much bigger, guess i will wait for updating my phone to a 256gb one and then do mp3 to flac update, thanks user

all my mp3 songs are 320kbps but i still want to iprove quality as much as possible

asus.com/zentalk/in/thread-9782-1-1.html
seems like a non issue. Sometimes you just have to man up and do the right thing.

trac.ffmpeg.org/wiki/Encode/MP3
if your mp3s are encoded properly even autists on super expensive setups in quiet ass rooms can't differentiate between mp3 and flac

Quoto.

>wahhhh I'm super fucking triggered my autism can't handle a hole in an area of the screen that I'm hardly going to pay attention to wahhhh

>You expect it to mog the OnePlus 7 Pro? Apart from the cheaper price, the presence of the jack and maybe expandable storage, it will have NOTHING more to offer. Absolutely NOTHING.
Apart from these things that differentiate it - it will have nothing else to offer. Bravo sir.
Your OnePlus 7 Pro already costs ~$700 and lacks a micro SD card, a 3.5mm headphone jack and has just about average battery life even with the latest and most efficient Snapdragon SoC coupled with a 4000 mAh battery. Never settle, huh?
It also offers availability outside one (the US) or a few other select countries in the world and a 20 MP front camera.
>Sucky sucky my dingy dongy if you think otherwise.
Great reasoning.

>Im getting this banana once lineageos releases suppport
>stop me
"We" won't, but the lack of Lineage OS most likely will. It's not a thing for the S8-Note 9 and if it is, it's still at beta stages or otherwise unusable/abandoned.

>paying that much for a phone
>hole in your screen 24/7
everyone who claims to not care about the hole/pill punch is coping
prove me wrong

abloo bloo, that's a lotta words to say that you can't afford it.
>sir
poojeet shoo

Just got a mi9. how do i install a costum rom and wich one? any good guides?

I'm looking for a notchless smartphone
with a jack and a good battery around the 500€ price range. Should I spend more money and buy the one plus 7 pro ?

Attached: 1461239651002.jpg (957x621, 55K)

>average battery life
this is the most retarded meme
you can lower the res and refresh rate in software
can you toggle off a notch/hole punch?

zenfone 6

Lol like how is running out of battery even real? Lmao bro just turn your phone settings all the way down 24/7 so you cant even use the gps or open the camera.

>go from 90 hz -> 60 hz
>BRO FUCK I MIGHT AS WELL NOT HAVE A CAMERA OR GPS FUCK UNUSABLE FUCK

I am talking about the zenfone 5 from 2018, the 5z like thw new one from 2019 is called 6 but it ia actually the 6z, the thread you posted is from 2015

>like, just turn off the phone completely and turn it on when you need to use it lol
at this point samsung fanboys are least toxic

>Honor 20
how safe is it to buy this phone? wont it lose play store 3 months from now?

when is it gonna be released?

who came up with the punch hole design? was it samsung?

imagine being this retarded that you can't even ignore a tiny fucking hole in a screen. yes it's ugly but you're going to be staring at the screen and not the fucking hole when you use your stupid phone.

>Got a Huawei P30 gifted for birthday
>few weeks before the Huawei/Google scandal
>me right now
Should I be worried? [spoiler]Hardware speaking seems pretty good so far though[/spoiler]

Attached: fear.png (1412x1080, 816K)

If you were forced at gunpoint to get a hole punch phone, would you want it on the left or right of the phone?

>average battery life
>this is the most retarded meme
Well, it's neither a meme or retarded. It's true. But their slogan "never settle" however...
See here:
gsmarena.com/battery-test.php3?idPhone=9689#show
>you can lower the res and refresh rate in software
Sure, but the battery life remains the same at just about average. GSMArena also tested Razer Phone 2 with both 60 and 90 Hz, but the battery life remained the same just because of the panel itself.
>can you toggle off a notch/hole punch?
Not sure how and what that's related to, but yes - you can. If you do that on the S10 however, you lose like an inch of your screen real estate. And if you have a screen protector on, forget it. You'll know where it is no matter how what.

does it really matter? I'm not a retarded OCD faggot that can't get used to a small hole on a corner of the screen.
or better yet, give me the gun I'll do it myself I always wanted to die.

How long util custom roms for the p30 since googlel has cucked me to death?